Note that not all data is available for all locations.
This can happen because of a broken sensor or environmental
interference (ice in the water, etc). Also some stations may be entering values by hand instead of electronically so readings may be taken at irregular intervals.
1. To set location hit menu key while in the "Search" tab,
select "Location". To search for a location select "Select location" option and select state. Enter search phrase and press enter or the search key. Now wait a moment and select a location. If your location is not found try searching for a location near the one you want.
2. To set an alert first long click on a site in the search tab. Then, from the alerts tab hit menu key and select "Set new alert option". Set conditions to alert for (value above, value below, etc), set alert site, set alert variable (temp, water level aka gauge height, etc), set a value, and save alert.
3. General operation is fairly simple. There are four buttons on the bottom. These act like tabs (in future versions they should be independent screens, like setup button). From these tabs you can click on items to expand them and long click on items to get a menu for that item. The menu key brings up a different menu in each tab. The tab menu has options related to that tab.
Please email me if you have any questions about how to use the application or if you (or the application) have any problems at all. I am not spending a lot of time testing this on my own anymore since I have other projects going BUT I am fixing bugs and adding touch ups where needed. This is the time (beta stage) when I need user input. ;) Thanks for using the app and enjoy!
Demo video at: http://www.toposports.com/main/allvideos
WIFI / 3G recommended. Each quad is 5MB to 10 MB in download size.
- Download topo maps of any quad in USA/Canada/New Zealand for offline usage.
- Download 1:24K scale maps for US. For Canada & New Zealand the maps have 1:50K scale.
- Maps projected for WGS84 datum and are GPS accurate for all mobile devices.
- Search for maps by feature name.
- Search for nearby Quads
- Popular quads are also provided as featured quads for your convenience.
- Seamless mosaicing of quads
- Distance/Bearing tool
- Create custom way points either using your current location or via manual selection.
- Geographic names layer for each quad
- Search POIs/Way points offline.
- Search for created way points/POIs by name.
- Pan/zoom/locate yourself
- Record GPS tracks
- Supports both built in GPS and BlueTooth
- View tracks overlay
- Bird's eye overview for your tracks.
- Live track animation
- Track analytics/stats
- Distance covered
- Avg speed
- Max speed
- Time taken
- Pace (time taken to cover a mile/km)
- Calories burned
- Vertical ascent/descent
- Export tracks in GPX format to SDCard.
- Viewable on Google earth.
- Import routes and waypoints from file/web.
- GPX and KML files can be imported.
- Files local on device and from any website can be imported.
- Auto Follow mode
- The app continuously updates your location on the map in auto follow mode.
- The map automatically rotates so that it is always facing course up.
*NOTE*: Please note that Topo maps do not include depth charts/marine charts/nautical charts. If you are looking for that, please visit http://gpsnauticalcharts.com/
River Monsters+ helps anglers at all levels to catch more and bigger fish.
* Log your fishing trips and catches in a super-easy way
* Share your fishing with friends and followers – private catch positions are available
* Follow when, where and how other anglers fish in real-time
* Follow all fishing in your favorite fishing waters
* Analyze our extensive fishing database to catch more and bigger fish
Have fun following your friends and other great anglers. Want to know when the fishing is on in your favorite waters? River Monsters+ helps you stay informed. Enjoy your feed of catches and fishing moments. Like, comment, get inspired!
LOG YOUR FISHING
Log your fishing trips and catches in real-time and upload previous favorite catches. When you log in real-time, quality data will be generated automatically that helps to improve your fishing so that you can catch more and bigger fish. Note: you can choose to keep your geo-position private.
PREMIUM FEATURE: CATCH MORE AND BIGGER FISH
River Monsters+ gathers and manages huge amounts of information to help you catch more and bigger fish. Loads of fishing data together with detailed metrological data, 45,000 lures, 1,000,000 fishing waters and much more. Use the River Monsters+ analyzer tool to optimize your fishing. What tackles are most effective in your favorite lake? What is the best time, air pressure and wind direction? Where should I fish? River Monsters+ helps you improve the odds for catching that dream catch!
RIVER MONSTERS PLEDGE
River Monsters+ supports the use of catch and release techniques that help ensure sustainable fisheries for future generations.
POWERED BY FISHBRAIN
River Monsters+ is powered by the award winning FishBrain Digital Platform for Sport Fishing, embraced by professional anglers worldwide.
“I really like it, sometimes you don’t know why the fish choose to bite, it can be the wind direction, air pressure or maybe water temperature that is key. With FishBrain you get all necessary information to make good decisions on when and where to fish”.
Mathias Holgersson, Rapala Pro Guide
Note: Continued use of GPS in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Keywords: trout, fishing, fly fishing, rainbow, brown, Ft. Smith, Yellowtail, Montana, Reclamation, Park Service, snowpack, reservoir, dam
More from developer
The RiverFlows Widget displays your top 5 favorite USGS, NOAA, US Army Corps of Engineers, California Data Exchange Center or Colorado Department of Water Resources gauge sites right on your phone's home screen. Updated hydrological data is downloaded every hour.
The RiverFlows Widget won't do anything unless RiverFlows app 1.0 or later is installed and favorite sites are selected beforehand. See
THE WIDGET WON'T APPEAR ON YOUR PHONE'S HOME SCREEN UNTIL YOU PLACE IT THERE USING THE WIDGETS MENU. The procedure for doing this varies slightly by device manufacturer and Android OS version, but there are some basic instructions here: http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1628154
For older (pre- Android 3.0) devices, use these instructions:
The RiverFlows Widget will result in slightly decreased battery life and slightly increased data usage when active. In my experience, these effects are barely noticeable.
I welcome feedback and bug reports- please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org