Rivetz Authenticator creates Two-Factor Authentication codes for your important accounts and backs them up so you won’t get locked out. All your favorite services -- Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Coinbase, Binance, work accounts -- are more secure with hardware-based 2FA.
- Generates codes in the Trusted Execution Environment -- like a smart chip in your mobile device
- Monitors the state of your mobile device and disables code generation when it changes
- Displays codes in the Trusted User Interface -- a shield against spyware*
- Functions completely offline, within your device -- we never see your keys, codes, or even backups
User-controlled Encrypted Backup
- Backs up all your services to an encrypted file that you control
- Secures your backup with a 12 or 24-word Recovery Phrase
- Restores services to new or additional devices effortlessly
Rivetz performs Device State checks for changes to your hardware or operating system before displaying your 2FA codes. Rivetz Authenticator creates encrypted backups, allowing you to recover your accounts if your device is lost, stolen, or otherwise unusable, like that time you dropped it in the toilet.
To install the Rivetz App and Rivetz Authenticator, please follow the instructions below:
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your mobile device
2. Search for and install the Rivetz App
3. Open the Rivetz App and tap the left arrow near the top of the screen
4. Select “Activate Developer Tools” and tap “Accept”
5. Congratulations - you’re connected to the Rivetz Network
6. Open the Google Play Store app on your mobile device (you're here right now!)
7. Search for and install “Rivetz Authenticator”
8. Open Rivetz Authenticator and tap “Accept”
10. You’re good to go!
Ensuring broad device compatibility and secure hardware-level processing is tricky -- each device manufacturer implements TEE access differently. So, what does this mean for you and the Open Beta?
If you’re on a Samsung smartphone running Android OS 7 or above, you should be good to go! Samsung has invested significantly in TEE optimization and, as they are the most popular Android brand globally, it made sense for us to focus our development efforts on supporting Samsung devices as comprehensively as possible. Should you notice compatibility issues, we’d love to hear from you at email@example.com
As for devices from the other leading Android manufacturers, including LG, Motorola, HTC, and Sony, we are working hard to fully supported their devices as soon as possible.