- #1 Knot Reference in 75 Countries*
- Included in Scouting Magazine's "Ultimate List of Scouting Apps" and featured in the Trek Tech section of the Sep/Oct 2012 issue.
Product Features and Functions
- 101 unique knots with new ones added frequently
- Browse by category or search by name, common synonym or ABOK #
- Supports landscape and portrait modes as well as fullscreen (Zoom in on a knot to see greater detail)
- Watch knots tie themselves and pause or adjust the speed of the animation at any time
- Rotate knots in 360 degree, 3D views to study them from any angle with a swipe of a finger
- Interact with the knot on screen via mult-touch gestures such as pinch-to-zoom and swipe to tie/untie.
- Installable to SD Card
- 100% self contained -- NO INTERNET OR OTHER PERMISSIONS REQUIRED!
- Completely Ad Free
- Localized for: English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish!
The entire list of knots can be found here:
Superb in every way - 5 Stars!
I'm a fairly handy guy (surgeon) and rely on several knots in my practice. Nevertheless I'm pretty hopeless at learning new knots and remembering them, even though I'm a sailor and do some fishing. Knots 3D is the answer. I love every aspect of the app.
Great App - 5 Stars!
I have 4 knot apps, and I use this one the most. As a firefighter rope skills are a must and this app helps keep me "knot prepared". The zoom and step through the knot using finger gestures is real handy. The author updates this app with new knots often. I recommend this app.
* As per appfigures.com on 9/11/2012
There are hundreds or even thousands of knots out there and each has its specific uses. But in everyday situation average person has no time to learn them or look through all of them and pick the best one. Useful Knots offer a selected list of the best knots for most practical situations.
Knots are categorized by type and each knot has a description and step by step instructions with pictures and guide on how to tie it.
Knot pictures are stored offline and no internet connection is required for application to work.
With our app you will learn such knots as:
— Windsor knot
— Half-Windsor knot
— Four-in-Hand Knot
— Pratt knot
— Oriental knot
— Plattsburgh knot
— Cavendish knot
— Kelvin knot
— St. Andrew knot
— Victoria knot
— Hanover knot
— Bow tie knot
Among the many nodes fisherman should select and use the right one. In each case - his own. How to knot weakens the fishing line? Which nodes to use for thin fishing lines, and which - for thick? Which nodes can be knit on multifilament fishing line?
The survey collected nodes for: binding of two fishing lines, tying leads, components for attachment of large and small hooks, baits, lures, swivels, fishing lines and the binding cord - and many other knots
For each node, tying method is described in detail. 3D node + illustrations of all stages of tying.
Describes in detail the properties of nodes. The estimation of the strength reduction for each node. For each node provides recommendations for types of fishing lines.
The application can also work without the Internet, all the nodes are loaded during installation.
Selected nodes are simple and clear three-dimensional scheme - this is the app Fishing knots.
Here are a few reasons to install into your phone app "Fishing Sites":
- The maximum number of nodes used by fishermen;
- Graphics extensively tested for intelligibility;
- The application can run without an Internet connection;
- Easy to use interface - this is not a website page with a bunch of useless information at the edges;
- Nodes are clearly defined by categories;
- Each knot specified attenuation percentage of the ultimate load of line;
- It is always being updated, refined and increasing.
The app features an Index screen that allows the users to easily navigate the different sections of the regulation.
1) an address,
2) a city/state,
4) within a specified radius (in miles) of a specified
ZIP code and
5) closest to current location.
Results are then displayed on a map by selecting the cross icon on the ZIP code results list.
number of diners and the tip percentage.
You may change the number of diners and/or tip percentage by clicking their buttons.
You may also round the diners tip and amount up to the nearest dollar by clicking
its button. This will change the total tip and amount.