Tabata is a form of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) based on a study by Izumi Tabata. It initially consisted of one exercise carried out intensively during 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest after it. This exercise was looped 8 times, giving a total of 4 minutes.
Summary of features:
- HIIT timer;
- Start/pause/stop controls;
- Definition of rest and exercise time;
- Definition of the number of rounds;
- Definition of any number of exercises, with textual descriptions, that form a custom workout/training;
- Text-to-speech engine to read exercises' names to guide users throughout their workouts/trainings;
- Sound alerts: Resting; Exercising; Darth Vader breath stimulator; Workout completed;
- Languages supported: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian;
- No ads and no special access permissions required;
- Sound, speech and display sleeping mode configurable;
- Ability to export current workout (it can be imported in Wrkout Pro);
- Horizontal layout and Tablet support;
- Customizable sounds;
- Ability to disable the background gradient;
Internet => Google Analytics.
Main keywords: workout, fitness, training, hiit, tabata, timer.
This Tabata timer app has:
- No dodgy permissions required to install!
- No ads
- Tablet-optimized UI
- Big text that is easy to read in landscape or portrait
- Screen that stays awake while timer is going
- Alternating working and rest sets
- Colour changes between sets
- Sounds indicating the end of a set
- Circles that light up to indicate remaining sets
- Option to change colours, customisable set times, and customisable set number
This high intensity interval training method (HIIT) will leave you exhausted after only 4 minutes. Try it with a variety of different exercises; sprints, kettlebells, push-ups, sit-ups, etc.
For example: when the app says go, do as many push ups as you can for 20 seconds. Then follow with 10 seconds of rest. Repeat until done. Be warned though, it's tough!
** Coming Soon **
- May change the sounds again
- Better display of sets
* 3 programmable timers
* Customize all time settings
* Customize number of cycles
* Customize number of tabatas
* easy to hear alerts, over music, and on speaker
* pause and resume session
* restart session where you left off if interrupted
* mute sound use in silent mode
* screen flashes for visual cue
* Advanced multiple Tabatas for Tabata This training
* Speaking coach
* Multitasking (runs in the background)
* Scales to look great on larger tablets
Keywords: Tabata Timer, Tabata, Workout, Gym, Interval, Timer, HIT, Tabata Method, Tabata Intervals, Tabata Training
The TABATA app is an excellent replacement for your Gymboss® timer.
Easy and powerful. Only 3 steps to get you going:
1. Choose your workout or add your own.
2. Choose the interval length, rest length and the number of working sets.
3. Push start and enjoy!
The workout can be saved into a diary so you can go back and see your progress.
The last workout setup is saved so if you want to run the same interval training as the last time. You are only 1 touch away!
You get your Tabata score by taking the minimum number of repetitions you did in all of the sets in the workout.
FACEBOOK is activated and it is possible to publish your score to your wall and challenge your friends, or to just show off.
Tabata lasts four minutes and it is exceptionally intensive interval training. If it’s performed right it improves your aerobic and anaerobic viability, it accelerates your metabolism and stimulates fat burning. Thanks to that you will burn more calories than during traditional one-hour training. This method, which was originally invented for Japanese olympic representation, is often called a four-minute miracle.
* Customize your timer with various activity phases:
- Rest periods
* Voice feedback: Constantly looking at your smartphone and clock is a problem of the past
* Create an infinite number of timers, save them, and use these again and again
* Determine workout phases and rest periods, and how often you want to repeat your routine
* Displays both total time and remaining time (countdown)
The Runtastic Timer App is more than a stopwatch or traditional alarm clock. Whether you regularly workout, practice yoga and meditation, or simply need a new tool to track your studying or working hours, the Runtastic Timer App is for you! Set as many timers on your smartphone as you desire, save these settings, and use your customized timers again and again. Define your workout intervals (warm-up, workout, rest periods) and construct unique workouts with different combinations of your personalized intervals!
Use our timer app for training at the gym, with weights, kettle bells, spinning, jumping jacks, or general overall fitness! The Runtastic Timer App is also a great fit for those engaging in HIT (High Intensity Training) style training, interval training, or boot camp style circuit training!
The countdown is on!! Download the practical Runtastic Timer App today, and enjoy the unique timing benefits during fitness activities and in your everyday life!
Keywords: timer, timing, clock, countdown, alarm, digital, stopwatch, alarm clock, customize, core, workout, yoga, simple, reliable, interval, boot camp, HIT, routine, tabata, training, fitness, weights, kettle bells, spinning, gym, jumping jacks
-20 seconds of intense training
-10 seconds of rest
-8 rounds total
This is the go-to workout for athletes, trainers, and used extensively in Crossfit. It’s tough, but you’ll get the most out of your training regiment.
-Simple to use
-Easy to read
-Track your progress
Configure 1 to 4 exercises for 1 to 8 sets. The exercise interval and rest interval can each be set for 10 to 60 seconds in 10-second increments. You supply the name of each exercise to be performed.
The timer screen displays the exercise name or Rest until the final three seconds of the interval. It then displays Next: (exercise name or Rest). A warning tone plays during these final seconds to signal the start of the next interval. The exercise number and set number are also displayed so you always know where you are in your workout. The screen will not sleep while the timer is running. Both portrait and landscape views are supported.
Use the volume control on your device to set it to your needs. A pause and resume button allows you to take extra breaks or extend rest periods if needed.
Download Tabata Timer today and start enjoying the benefits of workouts that you design specifically for yourself! If you like this app, try Tabata Timer Pro. It allows you to save and retrieve your workouts so you don't have to re-enter them every time. For even more flexibility, try Tabata Timer Elite. Configure 1-99 exercises for 1-99 sets with exercise and rest intervals of 5-120 seconds in 1 second increments.
After exercise eight sets of 20 seconds, basic set is 10 seconds break.
You can exercise time and the number of sets, to set the break time according to the convenience of the user.
By by repeating interval exercise, to perform high intensity exercise in a short time,
You can get the motion effect of many little time.
You can use the Settings button in the upper left, to adjust set, exercise, and rest.
It is possible to use the reset button at the top right, make a fresh start from the beginning again.
You can use the button below to perform a pause function and exercise start.
I will let you know at the start of break and notification sounds movement start.
The app can run while in the background you listen music on other player. The cool and simple design protects you from unwanted distraction and makes you focus on the exercises you are performing. This timer will count your round and give you straight signals on when to stop and when to start the next exercise.
Its simplicity is making it perfect for every type of workout you practice.
We know that what matters is your concentration and motivation which you can easily lose if you have to set your timer for too long. So with HIIT Workout Timer you are ready in three steps.
What can you control on HIIT Workout Timer?
- Number of workout rounds;
- Duration of a round;
- Duration of a break;
- You can pause the run;
- You can easily reset the run and make a new one.
It can help you in:
- High Intensity Interval Training;
- Tabata training;
- Strength training;
- Cardio training;
- Circuit training;
- And many more...
Distraction free Workout Timer is compatible on every device playing Android 2.3 and up. It works fine even on your tablet. Take a look and love it. Make your workout an unique valuable experience.
• Compound Circuit Training
• G.S Kettlebell
• 30 seconds on 30 seconds off
• Reiki Meditation
Other great functions include-
• Music functionality- option to workout with music
• Slick design
• Options to create own presets
• Intuitive Controls
Interval training will help you to get in better shape and increase your vo2max levels. Test have showed that interval training is better for fat loss than normal cardio.
- Easy to setup
- Big timer interface
- Install to SD
- The timer remembers the settings last used and uses them as a default for the next training session.
- Color coding for preparation, work and rest periods.
- Beebing sound between work and rest periods. Beep volume is controlled by your phones media volume control.
WAKE_LOCK = Keep the screen on while working out
INTERNET = for Advertisements
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE = for Advertisements
READ_PHONE_STATE = for Advertisements
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION = AdvertisementsACCESS_FINE_LOCATION = Advertisements
*** GET THE PRO-VERSION FROM
** If you like this application, please give it a favorable review. If you DO NOT like it, please send me an email how to improve the program. All improvement ideas are taken to consideration ***
All bugs and improvement ideas can be sent to email@example.com
Or at the facebook page
Have You ever wanted to burn body fat and get perfect abs?
Try interval workout to burn belly fat and then Caynax Aerobic Weider Six (A6W) app to form perfect 6 pack.
High-intensity interval training (HIIT), also called High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise (HIIE) or sprint interval training, is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 9–20 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning.
HIIT session consists of a warm up period of exercise, followed by six to ten repetitions of high intensity exercise, separated by medium intensity exercise, and ending with a period of cool down exercise. The high intensity exercise should be done at near maximum intensity. The medium exercise should be about 50% intensity. The number of repetitions and length of each depends on the exercise. The goal is to do at least six cycles, and to have the entire HIIT session last at least fifteen minutes and not more than twenty.
There is no specific formula to HIIT. Depending on your level cardiovascular development, the moderate-level intensity can be as slow as walking.
The original protocol set a 2:1 ratio of work to recovery periods, for example, 30–40 seconds of hard sprinting alternated with 15–20 seconds of jogging or walking.
HIIT is considered to be an excellent way to maximize a workout that is limited on time.
Because of exercise intensity this type of workout is not intended for everyone. You should consult:
- health doctor to determine if You are capable to perform such exercises
- professional trainer to create workout schedule for You.
You can use this app for workouts like: Tabata, Fartlek, Kettlebell, jumping ropes, meditation, yoga and other fitness workouts that could use timer.
- Enhanced timer
- multi view /multi window support
- Workout schedule for next 30 days
- Workout reminder
- Option to change workout time for calendar days
- Workouts list with option to create, delete and edit workouts
- Workout schedule for whole week
- Voice feedback - TTS countdown with option to edit spoken texts (PRO only) - You might need additional TTS software like IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ.
- Beeps countdown with option to use built-in beeps or set any sound (PRO only)
- Countdown: every second, every 'n-th' second, first 'n' seconds, last 'n' seconds, remaining last 'n' seconds (some option available only in PRO version)
- TTS/Beep information about workout stage
- Rewind backward and forward (PRO only)
- Built-in sample workout for Tabata na Fartlek.
- READ_PHONE_STATE - used to detect incoming phone call and pause workout. Ad networks use device ID number (that is hashed using SHA-1 algorithm) to identify users.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to start reminder service after phone start.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, INTERNET - ads, crash reports.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - backup/restore workouts list.
- WAKE_LOCK - to ensure that workout works when screen is off.
Want to regain your reflexive stability and improve your movement forms? Have a look at the “Original Strength” system from Tim Anderson and Geoff Neupert featured in this app! (Thanks to Tim)
What’s in the app?
Circuit Training assistant helps you in introducing these materials into your home workout program with :
- More than 20 short but intense built-in circuits (more than 50 in the Pro Version)
- 75 built-in exercises illustrated with videos
- 5 “Resets” circuits from the Original Strength system
- Calorie expense estimator
- Weight tracker with an estimation of Body mass index, Body Fat Percentage, Basal Metabolism Rate and Ideal weight based on standard formulaes.
- Simple Interval timers
The pro version allows you to :
- Create your own circuits
- Create your own Exercises and with an image from your library
- Track your progress and your workouts
- Remove the ads
- and …. buy me a huge cup of coffee to support the development
About Circuit Training and the Tabata protocol
"Circuit training is the most scientifically proven exercise system. It's time efficient and incorporates strength, flexibility and cardio in the same workout." (The Cooper Institute, Dallas, TX)
Circuit Training is a form of body conditioning or resistance training wich is easy to follow and targets strength building as well as muscular endurance. Circuit training has also the potential to burn more calories than conventional aerobic exercise or strength training, both during and post-workout (increase in post workout metabolism), thus beneficial for those attempting to lose body fat.
Tabata protocol is a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) developed by Dr. Izumi Tabata at the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo, Japan.
About Original Strength
“Original Strength”, by Tim Anderson, SFG and Geoff Neupert Master SFG is an approach on human movement based on observation, common sense and scientific facts.
The purpose is to move like we were made and to restore our built-in movements patterns (as programmed into our brain) by pressing “Reset”. The “Resets” were first introduced on 2011 by Tim Anderson and Mike McNiff in their book “Becoming Bulletproof”. “Original Strength” is a great improvement of the system with 2 more years of practice, feedback, experiment and studies.
Please consult your physician before attempting any physical activity. I am not liable for damages resulting from the use (abuse?) of the Application. The videos are used for illustration purposes and do not replace professionnal coach's advice. In order to perfom your sessions safely, make sure you master exercises execution before you use them in a high intensity circuit.
Have fun and train safely.
Great training timer for Crossfit training, HIIT, interval timer, tabata, round timer, running, c25k timer, etc.
- Merge several sets into large workout
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Warning ticks
- Advanced sound settings
- Skip forward in workout
If you have questions, encounter bugs or have suggestions for improvements, please do not hesitate to mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet access is used for ads and license check.
The app reads phone state in order to pause workout on incoming phonecalls.
More from developer
You can punch in any direction and this engaging application will measure the acceleration and speed of your punch. More like a punch meter if you like.
You can compete with your friends over who beats the record or you can train yourself how to punch with more power.
If you like this app do not forget to rate and comment.
Have fun :)
You have 20 levels to choose from and 4 circle types. Each circle type has it's own behaviour that can help or break your goal.
Some levels are harder that the others. You have to think and act fast in order to start the perfect chain reaction.
I guess you can call it a power meter too.
Measure your strength with this entertaining unique app.
The only Hammer Strength application on Android!!!
Swing your phone down like a hammer as hard as you can to measure your strength. The faster you swing the more points you will have.
The idea came from the classic Hammer Strength game you find in the amusement parks. And now you have this fun game on your phone.
Try as many time as you will like and become the strongest in your friends group.
Show them your record and ask if the can beat it.
Try this addictive Sky Hammer game to find out just how strong are you and to perfect your swinging.
Blast them all away in a chain reaction in this brain game.
Make the donuts move for a more fun time or freeze them in place for precision.
At the end of the 90 levels you can relax in the Infinite Donuts mode, where the donuts keep coming and the only goal is to relax and keep blasting them.
There are 3 features you can try to help you solve the challenging levels:
- freeze/unfreeze the donuts for new a position and perspective
- shuffle all the donuts when things get confusing
- change the direction your initial crumbs go (vertical/horizontal or the diagonals)
This game is supported by in-game ads.
Have fun :)
In the "Stacker" physics game you stack the blocks from the list one by one. At first it is easy, but it gets increasingly difficult the more blocks you have in the list to stack. Be careful and not let the blocks fall off the screen.
In the "Destroyer" puzzle game you have to figure out which blocks you have to destroy first to get the smiley to the safe zone.
In the "Assembler" sandbox game you arrange different blocks in order to get the smiley to the target.
You are able to try whatever fun strategies you want as long as you get the hero to the finish.
There are 3 physics games with 8 different block types across 120 challenging levels.
After all the "Stacker" levels are completed you will unlock the "Infinite levels" section where you can enjoy unlimited levels. In the unlimited levels section if you do not like an level or consider it's to hard you can always go to the next one.
This is a casual puzzle game as the first levels are simple but as you go along they get increasingly difficult and it gets quite challenging to finish the levels.
Mini tutorial "Stacker":
- drag the blocks from the list and stack them on the platform
- do not let the blocks fall to the ground or off the screen
- the level ends when the block list is empty
Mini tutorial "Destroyer":
- destroy the blocks by tapping on them
- doing so try to guide the smiley to the safe zone
- destroying different blocks at different times gets you different results
Mini tutorial "Assembler":
- arrange the blocks as you see fit
- when ready press the play button in the bottom right corner
- the smiley will always drop from the top in the center of the screen
- wait to see if your blocks arrangement get the smiley to the target for 5 seconds
- if not then rearrange them and try again
Have fun :)
You have the ability to move the game to SD-Card.