This version contains six features:
-Tissue Tolerance: Gives estimates of normal tissue tolerance for conventional and hypofractionated radiotherapy
-B.E.D. Calculator: Calculates biologic equivalence of different dose/fractionation schemes using the linear quadratic model
-Breast Cancer Recurrence Risk Estimator: Estimates risk of any recurrence after BCT for pN0 patients based on the EBCTCG data
-Rad Onc Wiki: Link to a very useful online evidence-based resource for radiation oncology.
-Prostate Cancer: Risk of pathologic stage based on Gleason, PSA, and Clinical Stage, as well as NCCN recommended workup
-Schonberg Index: A scientifically validated estimate of 5 year and 9 year mortality based on an 11 question survey for elderly patients.
Future versions of this application will include additional features, based on user feedback.
It just got a whole lot easier to keep up with the latest original research in the many areas of radiation oncology. The Radiotherapy & Oncology app brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap. Now available for android smartphones and tablets!
•Browse new issues and read new Articles in Press throughout the month, or jump to the featured
articles with a tap!
•Download issues while reading: no need to wait
•Layouts and navigation get you to content you want more quickly and conveniently
•Interact with figures, tables, multimedia and supplementary content
•Personalize your experience with My Reading List, Notes, saved articles for offline reading, sharing articles via social media, emailing useful content
Journal Subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the Radiotherapy & Oncology website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About Radiotherapy & Oncology
Radiotherapy and Oncology publishes papers describing original research as well as review articles. It covers areas of interest relating to radiation oncology. This includes: clinical radiotherapy, combined modality treatment, experimental work in radiobiology, chemobiology, hyperthermia and tumour biology, as well as physical aspects relevant to oncology, particularly in the field of imaging, dosimetry and radiation therapy planning. Papers on more general aspects of interest to the radiation oncologist including chemotherapy, surgery and immunology are also published.
- Clinical Trials: Find Lilly Oncology and non-Lilly Oncology clinical trials
- Sortable Filters: Locate trials based on cancer type, country, state, drug, phase, and/or title
- Save and Share Trials: Save trials for fast and easy future reference, and share saved content with colleagues
- Other Resources: Find links to additional resources, such as the American Cancer Society, based on audience, service, and/or category
- Events: Locate congresses and events based on category, location, and/or date
Preview, Buy, or Sign In from this app.
FREE PREVIEW – View select topics to experience the expert recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer along with common complications found while treating the disease.
ABOUT MANUAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY
Manual of Clinical Oncology is a practical guide that provides concise information needed in the management of cancer. This popular resource presents basic principles along with diagnosis and treatment options to aid in the decision-making process. Common complications experienced in therapy are covered and make this powerful app a must-have during rounds or at the bedside.
• Coverage of specific malignancies including solid tumors and hematopoieses
• Recommendations for a variety of complications seen in therapy
• Detailed figures and tables
• Helpful appendixes including tumor identifiers, chemo regimens, and more
• Links to related information found in chapter outlines
• A Cancer Survival Guide for Women – written by a patient
• PubMed reference links for additional reading
• Universal Index Search to locate information quickly
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Editors: Dennis A. Casciato, MD; Mary C. Territo, MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
NCCN is pleased to present the Virtual Library of NCCN Guidelines® Formatted for Android Smartphone. This easy to use and convenient format will further assist health care professionals in their implementation of the NCCN Guidelines, thus improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer. NCCN invites you to explore the NCCN Guidelines in this exciting new format.
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®), a not-for-profit alliance of 23 of the world's leading cancer centers, is dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer. Through the leadership and expertise of clinical professionals at NCCN Member Institutions, NCCN develops resources that present valuable information to the numerous stakeholders in the health care delivery system. As the arbiter of high-quality cancer care, NCCN promotes the importance of continuous quality improvement and recognizes the significance of creating clinical practice guidelines appropriate for use by patients, clinicians, and other health care decision-makers. The primary goal of all NCCN initiatives is to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of oncology practice so patients can live better lives.
Over the past 15 years, NCCN has developed an integrated suite of tools to improve the quality of cancer care. The NCCN Guidelines document evidence-based, consensus-driven management to ensure that all patients receive preventive, diagnostic, treatment, and supportive services that are most likely to lead to optimal outcomes.
The NCCN Guidelines are a comprehensive set of guidelines detailing the sequential management decisions and interventions for the malignant cancers that affect 97 percent of all patients with cancer. In addition, separate guidelines relate to major prevention and screening topics and another set of pathways focuses on the major supportive care areas.
The NCCN Guidelines are composed of recommendations based on the best evidence available at the time they are derived. Because new data are published continuously, it is essential that the NCCN Guidelines also be continuously updated and revised to reflect new data and new clinical information. The goal of the NCCN Guidelines is to help oncologists make the major clinical decisions encountered in managing their patients by providing ready access to synthesized information. The NCCN Guidelines provide recommendations for appropriate care for most but not all patients; however, individual patient circumstances must be considered when applying these recommendations.
Visit NCCN.org to learn more about the NCCN Guidelines as well as other NCCN Content.
The ESMO Guides for Patients are designed to assist patients, their relatives and caregivers to better understand the nature of different types of cancer and evaluate the best available treatment choices. The medical information described in the Guides for Patients is based on the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines.
The ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines and Guides for Patients Library mobile application will allow you to download the latest recommendations to your mobile device, bookmark important sections and share these with others. You will receive notifications when new or updated CPG and Guides for Patients are published.
Open the app, browse or search (with predictive text) the cancer you are looking for, refer the TNM staging, and bookmark it for quicker access. This app, based on the seventh (latest) edition of ‘ajcc Cancer Staging Manual’, is the simplest TNM tool at your fingertips. Access TNM staging from your phone or tablet. Never forget the ‘TNM staging’ again!
Every radiologist would find this app extremely useful while reporting CTs and MRIs. Whenever you are reporting any malignancy, open this app and go through the content. This will help not to miss any subtle findings which the treating surgeon and oncologist is relying on you. This app is developed by a radiologist to help his colleagues!
Health care professionals also would find this app handy and quick reference guide during multidisciplinary team meetings and discussions.
Its app for every oncologist, radiotherapist, oncosurgeon, histopathologist, trainees, cancer care nurses, and other medical professionals and allied staff involved in cancer care.
The little cost for the app would support the development of the app (to keep it up to date). Part of the revenue will be donated to a cancer charity.
However, please note that this app is not a substitute for ‘ajcc Cancer Staging Manual’. The purpose of the app is not meant to calculate the cancer stage.
Head and Neck:
Oral cavity and lips
Nasal cavity and ethmoid sinus
Colon and rectum
Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST)
Neuroendocrine tumour of stomach
Neuroendocrine tumour of duodenum, ampulla, jejunum and ileum
Neuroendocrine tumour of colon and rectum
Pancreas and hepatobiliary:
Intrahepatic bile duct
Perihilar bile duct
Distal bile duct
Ampulla of Vater
Urothelial transitional cell carcinoma of prostate
Gestational trophoblastic disease
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma
Merkel cell carcinoma
Melanoma of skin
Every effort is made to make sure the information to be accurate, but we cannot accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions, or loss or damage to the healthcare personnel or to patient. We are not liable for any damages resulting from using the information provided in the app. For any further clarifications and details, please refer the official ‘ajcc Cancer Staging Manual (Seventh Edition)’. If there are any omission or errors please email me or follow the contact link through the app.
Key Words: Medicine, Radiology, Oncology, Radiotherapy, Cancer, Malignancy, TNM staging, TNM, Staging, CT, MRI, Healthcare, Medical care
Feel free to test the ‘free version’ and consider buying the ‘full version’ to unlock all the cancers. The ‘Full Version’ costs less than or little more than a cup of coffee. This little cost would support the development of the app (to keep it up to date). Part of the revenue will be donated to a cancer charity.
• Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation (BEIR VII Phase 2)
• Linear-Quadratic-Linear (LQL) Cell Survival Model with Corrections for Damage Repair and Repopulation Effects
• Normal Tissue Complication Probability (Lyman-Kutcher-Burman)
Supported operating systems:
Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit and 64-bit
Android 2.3 (API 9) or higher
Builds for Windows and Linux are available at www.radiotherapy.ml
Important Consumer Information: The Software has been designed for research purposes only and has not been reviewed or approved by the Food and Drug Administration or by any other agency. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT CLINICAL APPLICATIONS ARE NEITHER RECOMMENDED NOR ADVISED. All calculations, measurements and graphs provided by this software are intended only for scientific research. Any other use is entirely at the discretion and risk of the user.
Copyright © 2014-2015 Javier Villafruela, MD. All rights reserved.
By Prof. Abdelkarim S. ALLAL, Head of Radiation Oncology Department, HFR-Fribourg, Switzerland. I've designed it for the radiation oncology community and the professionals linked to this speciality.
Your comments and rating will be appreciated, suggestions or errors reporting are also welcome via e-mail.
This is Beta8 version series with the following features:
1) Radiobiology section:
- The LQ Mod to calculate the equivalent dose for different external beam radiotherapy schedules using the linear quadratic model.
- The BED (Biologically Effective Dose) calculation for 1 or 2 RT schedules simultaneously.
- The OTT to calculate the additional dose to be considered in case of RT interruption (OTT extension).
- The Normal Tissue Complication Probability (NTCP) models estimated by the QUANTEC
2) Prostate section:
- Partin tables for pathologic stage prediction according to cT stage, Gleason score and iPSA
- Roach's indexes for risk class of lymph node, vesicle involvement and extracapsular invasion for prostate cancer according to the Gleason and iPSA values
- Life expectancy for men at selected age according to USA life tables 2008 (all races and origins)
3) Breast section:
- Intra-Breast Recurrence IBR-nomogram to calculate the 10-y probabilty of freedom from recurrence with or without boost RT based on the EORTC 22881-10882 trials.
4) Brain section:
- RPA / DS-GPA class and score calculation as well as median OS for brain metatstases patients. DS- seems to be the more reliable.
5) Varia section:
- It displays the references used in the present app and different professional links. Internet connexion is only required for this section.
The content of this app is for educational purpuses only. Any other use of the results obtained in this application is under the responsability of the user.
Except the public content of the app, the Copy even partial of the app is not permitted. All rights reserved
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
Thousands of oncology professionals rely on CancerTherapyAdvisor.com for the latest in medical studies and news in order to be better prepared when treating their patients. Join your peers and become better informed, download Cancer Therapy Advisor today!
• Use Medical Calculators
• BSA Calculators, Liver Function Calculator, Lean Body Weight Calculator, LDL Cholesterol Calculator and more
• Read Feature Articles
•Developments in cancer, pain management, side effects, and more
• Discover Breaking News from Latest Oncology Conferences
• American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), American Society of Hematology (ASH), Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium, and others
• View Slideshows Suitable to Show Patients
• Slideshows cover colorectal cancer, Ewing sarcoma, breast cancer, and more.
• Search Drug Database
• Thousands of oncology and other drugs from prescription to over-the-counter drugs.
Download Cancer Therapy Advisor for free today and catch up on the latest oncology news and studies while also earning continuing education credits on myCME.
Here are some ways you can use Cancer Therapy Advisor:
• Learn the latest trends to become a better oncology doctor
• Become more informed when a patient asks a question
• Reference and prescribe the appropriate drug for your patient
• View patient-friendly slideshows on the go
• Calculate BSA, doses, and more with our calculators
Thousands of oncology nurses rely on Oncology Nurse Advisor as their guide to the latest news and studies in nursing to be better prepared on the job. Download Oncology Nurse Advisor for free today and become a more informed leader among your peers.
• Achieve Free continuing education (CE) credits
◦ Participate in oncology-specific CE activities and articles to take the post-test to claim credits
• Ask a Pharmacist or Visit Advisor Forum
◦ Ask a question to one of our highly certified pharmacists or advisors
• Read Latest Oncology News and Breakthrough Treatment Regimens
◦ Covering Prostate Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, and more
• Reference Patient Fact Sheets
◦ Covering Prostate Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Asthma, and more
• Use Medical Calculators and Relevant Tools
◦ Body Mass Index, Liver Function Assessment Calculator, LDL Cholesterol Calculator and more
• View patient-friendly slideshows
◦ Covering Kaposi sarcoma, lung cancer, melanoma, oral mucositis and more
• Receive Drug News
◦ Drug Approvals, Drug Recalls, Drugs in the Pipeline
• Search Comprehensive Drug Database
◦ By brand, generic, disease and conditions, and company
Here are some ways to use Oncology Nurse Advisor for professional life:
• Become a better oncology nurse with knowing the latest trends
• More informed when a patient asks a question
• Learn and understand the appropriate drug for your patient
• View patient-friendly slideshows on the go
Download Oncology Nurse Advisor for free today and catch upon the latest oncology nursing news and studies while also earning continuing education credits on myCME.
1000 multiple choice fact, scenario and case-based questions
Correct answers and explanations to help you quickly master exam content
Take exam as many times as you wish
Score transcripts with missed key words to help you evaluate areas that need further study
Sync your app and receive the latest version of previously purchased questions
The mission of Knowledge Testing is to help you pass the test. We do this by providing high quality, peer-reviewed, educationally sound questions written by leading educators.
Knowledge Testing, LLC
How it works:
-Answer 5 clinical medicine questions a day
-Each quiz is live for only 24 hours a day Monday - Friday
-Don't skip any days! Each quiz counts towards your monthly ranking
-See how you rank against your colleagues
-Get ranked in your region and nationally, based on your accuracy and speed
-Top 10 verified US physicians show up on the leader boards