I'm not sure how accurate the map is. Since the when using the data test, it records my phone's original carrier, even when I'm roaming. This and the fact that data points from, for example, Verizon Wireless end up in Canada. And I'm pretty sure Verizon will have none in Canada. Besides this nitpick of things off about the app. The app overall is very usable and useful.
I'm not sure how accurately it works or how it's supposed to work! So, here it goes☺! I was in Redmond Washington and my apps either didn't work or very slowly☹. I live in Ware Massachusetts and my apps work wonderful! Hopefully this is helpful!
Crowdsourcing no longer supported apparently. Logging dead spots no longer show on map (or falsely show green). Emails to Rootmetrics get automated response only. Once a great app now lost credibility.
No way to upload data. App has used 1.8GB and has reported 0 bytes. Seems like a pointless app and a very unreliable source to compare coverage. Sensorly and OpenSignal are more updated and accurate.
Once a great app, now doesnt work anymore on samsung android phones. Dosent run background crowdsource, and wont shoe speed tests anymore on map. This app is trash noe, dont download it
Seems like there was a time when this was good. New version fails to add tests to map and is just plain wrong on many of it's coverage indications.
• Improved multi-hex selection on CoverageMap
• Added view transitions for a nicer user experience
• Fixed issue with crashes while running a Test
• Fixed issue with crashes during opening animation
• Fixed issues with the CoverageMap Search feature
• Fixed issues with selecting location for the Report feature
• Fixed issue where the alarm would not stop after a Test completed
• Fixed issue with the auto-detecting the device’s carrier on first launch
Internet Speed Test & WiFi Analyzer. Test and meter your net and WiFi speed.