The Rotary Club of Kolhapur was organized in the year 1943. The sponsor club was Rotary Club of Solapur. Devan Bahadur, N. C. Limaye, the then District Governor presented the charter to the club in November 1943 at a special dinner meeting.
The founder President of the club was Rao Bahadur, S. A. Indulkar and the Founder Secretary was D. V. Tengshe. The club had sixty charter members to begin with. The club made steady progress and in the Year 1949 it had the honour to host a District Conference at Kolhapur when Rtn. S. G. Dabholkar was elected District Governor.
Our club has contributed 273948.03 US $ to Rotary Foundation. Also our club is having 15 major donaor and 105 PHFs, which is one of the highest contribution among Dist 3170 clubs.