" [It] will be able to shave precious megabytes off of [...] wireless bills, which will be particularly useful when roaming." - Venture Beat
"It's clever [..] you could save yourself a lot of cash!" - BBC
"This app doubles your data plan" - WSJ.com
How it works:
To compress and save your data, Onavo Extend runs continuously in the background of your phone and directs all of your mobile data traffic through Onavo's servers and compression technology. Revolutionary universal data caching means you won’t have to use your data to load the same images every time you visit a website or use an app because they’ll already be available to you on your phone. And don’t worry about local storage, because you control the percent of your phone’s memory used for storage.
Onavo Extend also optimizes images when you share over 3 or 4G so even when you’re sending images, you’re in control of how much data you use. And the Onavo Extend widget helps you easily monitor how much data you’ve saved so you can really understand how the app is working for you.
Onavo Extend is only supported for specific devices.
Some ROMs and kernels are missing important networking support that Android 4.0+ APIs and Onavo Extend rely on. If you've received a message saying your version of Android is unsupported, or if the app always says "service paused", please contact us using the Feedback link in the menu so we can help. Trying a different ROM or kernel should also help.
• Data management
Monitor data usage on all apps and block the high-data-consuming apps running in the background without permission. Blocking apps running in the background conserves precious battery.
• Save data
Less data to download from websites also means faster mobile-browsing speeds for your phone.
• Track & save data on Wi-Fi
Data savings can be applied to mobile data and Wi-Fi data independently, with a “Savings on/off” switch.
• Watch more video
Spend less data and time watching videos on the web. Opera Max can compress a 10 MB video down to 3 MB* and significantly reduces buffering.
• Private and secure
Opera Max does not analyze or store your private data. If you want more information about how privacy works in Opera Max, check out our FAQ at http://opera.com/help/max/android/.
* Savings based on sampling of U.S. beta users. Your results may vary.
Discover more at http://opera.com/mobile/max/.
Technical questions? Please refer to our FAQ at http://opera.com/help/max/android/.
Connect with us on:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/opera/
Facebook - http://facebook.com/opera/
Use our reliable malware scanner to check your device memory or downloads for malware such as Trojans, viruses or spyware, and analyze the authorizations of installed apps to detect suspicious behavior and phishing, with no negative impact on battery life or device performance.
And the best thing is that you can use this app to try out the full version of G Data Internet Security for Android for a full 30 days, free of charge and with no obligation! Enjoy using the many additional features such as comprehensive parental controls for protecting your children when surfing, playing games and learning on the Android smartphone or tablet.
If you then want to continue using the functions in the premium version, such as the excellent anti-theft protection, parental controls, protection against phishing and when surfing, customized call filters and active protection against malicious apps, you can easily purchase a license in-app, either for 1 year (EUR 18.99) or 1 month (EUR 1.99, automatically renewed monthly until canceled). The trial period ends automatically after 30 days. However, the LIGHT version will still provide complete virus protection and show you the permissions for all installed apps.
The following features in the premium version will cease to be available at the end of the trial period:
• Advanced Scan
• Phishing protection / protection while surfing
• Parental controls
• Theft protection (lock the device and wipe data remotely, plus notification, location and device lock in case the SIM card is changed, and location when the battery is low)
• Call filter (incoming and outbound calls, incoming SMS)
• Password protection for apps
• Hiding of contacts
The following functions will remain available on expiry of the trial period:
• Protection against dangerous apps (checking for malware before and after installation plus on-demand system and memory card scans)
• Authorization checking
It means it helps you track your plan as your carrier tracks it.
It provides you notifications and widget gauges to always know how much you've consumed and avoid crazy bills (we all pay much enough on mobile plans). TYP doesn't connect to your carrier, and instead uses the call log and phone statistics to estimate your plan consumption.
Online sync with your personal space on www.trackmyplan.com where you can share your consumption with the rest of your family (or whoever you want) and track it in real time through charts and statistics. Sync allows shared plan support (voice, texts, data).
Works for all countries and carriers : Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Sprint, O2, Orange, Vodafone, Virgin and more through manual configuration.
Download free carrier packs to get automatic plan configuration and accurate tariffs (if available for your country)
Similar to 3G Watchdog, Onavo, Phone usage or droidstats, but with all your plan (not just data).
Consumption statistics can be used in your Minimalistic Text widgets through "Locale variables".
- Supports hotspots with multiple step login procedures, popup windows, and any combination of Captive Portal entry fields (username, password, accept terms, etc)
- Target recordings at multiple Wireless Access Points by name (SSID) or location (BSSID)
- Configurable re-checking to promote playback when login expiries whilst connected
This is 3 day DEMO which can be activated into the full version buy purchasing "WiFi Web Login - Activation".
WE ARE AWARE THAT THE RELEASE OF LOLLIPOP HAS CAUSED SOME PROBLEMS FOR THE APP AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE
There only workaround is to disable mobile network data before connecting to the WiFi network.
- Coarse (network-based) location: Location based playback targeting, and anonymous usage statistics.
- Full Internet access: Required in order to check for Internet access, and post anonymous usage statistics.
Samsung 4.3 compatibility: http://wifiweblogin.syslynx.co.uk/2013/12/samsung-43-compatibility.html
Android 4.4 KitKat Multiple Window Support: http://wifiweblogin.syslynx.co.uk/2013/12/android-44-kitkat-multiple-window.html
- Find out which apps are using the most data
- Track current data usage and estimate usage over time
- Easy-to-understand views of daily and monthly data activities
- Integrated cell and wi-fi speed tests and wi-fi hotspot locator
- Supports Android smartphones and tablets
***** “Very nice interface, easy to use and track data usage.”
***** “Useful and looks great.”
***** “Great app! I highly recommend it.”
- Data usage monitoring for Android smartphones and tablets, from version 2.2 to 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and Nexus 7
- Test download, upload, and ping speeds for both wi-fi and cell connections
- Find nearby Google Places hotspots where other users have tested wi-fi speeds
- Visit the Cisco Data Meter website to view aggregated global and regional mobile data usage metrics (http://www.ciscovni.com/data-meter)
- Compare your data usage to other Data Meter users from around the world
- No continuous foreground service; the service only runs briefly on a connection state change so Data Meter consumes less battery life
Keywords: data counter, data monitor, data tracker, data manager, data traffic, smartphone usage, tablet usage, mobile Internet, network traffic
Look no further for your Android Firewall. Mobiwol can be used to save battery, reduce data usage to stay within your data plan, and secure your privacy by limiting the network access permissions required by apps.
With Mobiwol No Root Firewall you can -
* Take Control Of Your Mobile Apps
* Easily Allow/Block App Connectivity
* Block background app activity
* Be Alerted When New Apps Access the Internet
Secure your phone or tablet, with reliable Android firewall protection - No ROOT access required!
Regain control of your mobile device and what is being accessed and shared with the world.
Android firewall protection with **NO** ROOT REQUIRED!!
Automatic launch on device start up
Automatically identifies applications currently installed on your mobile device
Identifies and Notifies when newly installed apps access the Web
Set Allow/Block, on a per-application basis
Disable background activity for selected apps
Get full data usage visibility
Install Mobiwol No Root Firewall for Simplified Android Security
Why does Mobiwol No Root Firewall show as if using a VPN connection?
This is superficial. We've used technology available to us from within the VPN packaging module offered by Android to be able to gain visibility to your applications' network activities and apply firewall rules without having to ask for root permissions like other Android Firewall apps. However, no actual VPN connection is being made, no data is being sent externally by our application, and we do not tamper with the security of your personal data, so you can continue using your apps with peace of mind, and confidence that you will not end up with a higher than usual data bill at the end of the month.
Why Can't I accept the VPN Prompt?
You will need to select the checkbox first and then the button becomes enabled. If you are having problems selecting the checkbox, it is likely that you have another app that creates an overlay on the active screen that is preventing you from selecting the checkbox.
These two threads explain the problem further and give some examples of apps that do this-
For more FAQs go to http://www.mobiwol.com/faqs.html
Why does Mobiwol top the data usage chart?
It’s an illusion. Mobiwol uses your device’s VPN package to create a firewall. As every data packet sent or received by your apps passes through the VPN, all the incoming and outgoing data traffic gets attributed to Mobiwol.
The good part, however, is that Mobiwol now comes with its own Data Usage feature which allows you to check data usage for each app. To view the usage, choose Data Usage from the home screen.
Have a question not answered here? Visit mobiwol.com/faqs.html for more answers to top questions about Mobiwol - the original root-free Android firewall.
***VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO TRANSLATE MOBIWOL***
Thanks to everyone who has already contributed to our translation project! We'll soon be releasing an update with localization for Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Turkish, Hungarian and Swedish.
Want to help us expand that list? We still need volunteers to QA completed translations and help us complete the remaining languages. Help us make Mobiwol the best Android Firewall by helping us make it available in your language. Join our translation project on CrowdIn -
Automatic data usage measurement - simply start the app once, and it will automatically measure your data usage from that point on. Whenever you are concerned about your data usage, just open the app to check.
High-precision data usage measurement - the app gives an accurate measurement of your data usage, without any inconsistencies at any moment. Wi-Fi data usage measurements are organized by each SSID.
Easy-to-read statistics screen - measured data usage is separated by Wi-Fi usage and mobile usage and displayed in easy-to-read graphs. Data usage per app can also be displayed, so you can know which apps use the most data.
Transfer speed monitor - a transfer speed monitor can be displayed permanently in the upper-right corner of the screen. Instantly check when and how much data is being transferred.
Widgets - widgets are supported, so you can check your data usage without opening the app. (For premium users only.)
Turkish - Hakan Güven
Franch - DyAzz55
Italian - crizan
Spanish - papuchinxr
Russian - shwwru
Traveling abroad is expensive, especially when using your smartphone to look for the best local eatery, hotel, or cab service when you’re enjoying that trip far away from home. After all, your smartphone has to roam for that right? What’ll that cost you?
Enter, the Roamy app. It’s the smartphone’s answer to restricting costly roaming charges so you can spend your hard earned cash on fun and not a phone bill. It's time to start saving money by reducing data usage.
The Roamy app allows you to enable or disable as many apps in your smartphone as you like. Just manually choose the apps you want to have Internet access while you’re traveling. Then take it one step further and choose just how much access you want them to have. Roamy puts the power back in your hands: you set the data limit.
Put it this way, the Roamy app makes sure the only thing you bring home from a trip is souvenirs.
Now we all know you’ll spend some cash roaming right? It’s inevitable. But you can monitor that too so there’s no surprises when you get back home. With Roamy, monitor how much money you’ve spent on roaming charges while you’re abroad. Roaming fees can be seen in various currencies, like USD ($) or the Euro (€). For your convenience, Roamy can track your roaming charges per country in your own currency.
That’s the convenience you have with Roamy when you’re abroad. Now what about when you’re home? Well, you can stay well within your data plan when using Roamy within your home country too. We’ve thought of everything here.
Could it be simpler?
International travelers can now limit data usage across their favorite apps like Facebook, WhatsApp or TripAdvisor. After all, what would a trip abroad be without social networking and info on that best local eatery?
Roamy is particularly useful in the following cases:
1. Keep using Whatsapp when travelling. Just use Roamy to only allow Whatsapp internet access and you're done. Did you know you can sent 500 - 1000 messages with just 1 MB? You can even set a data limit (for example 1 MB), when the limit is reached Roamy will block Whatsapp from further internet access.
2. Looking for that special beach or a nice restaurant but don't know where to go? Use Roamy to only allow Tripadvisor and find what you are looking for. Roamy allows you to safely use data when abroad by only allowing Tripadvisor internet access.
3. Did you ever wonder whether your phone bill is correct? By using Roamy you can measure how much data you consumed, you can even set the view from MB to $. Now you have a way to verify your own data usage.
4. Don't want to block individual apps? Just use a global limit that applies to all apps, internet access will be available until the limit you set is reached. This option can be used at home and abroad
Some features of Photo Compress:
1. Compress, Resize, Crop photos
2. Compress multiple photos at once (See help provided in the app to know how to use it)
3. Allows you to decide quality of compressed image
4. Share your compressed photo(s) from the app
5. See preview after compress\resize\crop operation. If not satisfied 'Reset Changes' and try again with different values
6. Full featured FREE app (Ad Free too).
7. Very small size (less than 1 Mb).
By compressing photos you can:
1. Save your internet data. So share even more
2. Save your phone storage space if you are running out of memory
3. Use this photos to upload to website which demand photo of less than specified size (example 50kb max).
4. If your friends have slow internet connection they will be able to download your photos more quickly.
Don't forget to read help provided in the app to know 'how to use this app'.
- Create new & store compressions
- Choose 3 different measurement units (KPA, PSI, KGF*cm^2)
- View previously saved compressions