Source is at https://github.com/chris-blay/radio-reddit-for-Android so please report bugs or help out with development there! Hopefully this will become the best free radio reddit player for Android!
Please download the APK at https://github.com/chris-blay/radio-reddit-for-Android/blob/master/radioreddit.apk?raw=true if you can't install directly from Google Play!
- Browse hundreds of on-demand programmes
- Download podcasts to listen on the go
- Discover new music with Playlister
- Amazing audio quality over WiFi or 3G/4G
- Radio alarm - wake up with live radio
- Video and audio clips, including many live performances
- Schedules that go backwards by 7 days for easy catch-up
- Set reminders for future shows
- Connect to Bluetooth audio devices
- Share programmes and tracks with your friends
Please note: Streaming radio is a data-intensive service.
The BBC does not charge for mobile content, but your operator's charges for using the internet over mobile networks may apply, and may be significantly increased whilst roaming outside of the UK. Connecting via WiFi is recommended where possible.
- Some Samsung Galaxy users (using 4.1.2 Touchwiz) may find that audio playback does not work for them for live or on-demand programmes. A firmware fix has been deployed by Samsung but may take some time to be rolled out across all networks. Please check for software updates if you have problems using the app. Podcast and video playback should not be affected.
- On demand/catchup programmes from local and regional stations are not yet available
- Video clips are not currently available for Intel-based devices, such as the Motorola Razr-i, or Orange San Diego
Before install full version of this app. Please download this test version of app and make sure that works on your phone. The test version "Test Music Via Bluetooth" app is free download to test whether this work with your Android device.
- Turn on Bluetooth head set.
- Launch this "Test Music Via Bluetooth app".
- Make sure the volume control on this app bottom slide bar to full level.
- Click "Turn on the Bluetooth Mode" button if that is not enabled.
- Notification/status bar will show the Bluetooth streaming is started to indicate whether it is running.
- By clicking on notification icon of this app, you can relaunch this app without disturbing on your currently listening music.
- Use the "Test sound" button to check the Bluetooth mono streaming works via this app. - This will play test short audio.
- Once it works you can be able to listen songs, watch video, pay games and most of the audio sources
radio reddit was created by musicians who wanted a place where all music was given a fair chance to be heard. Where pay-for-play, label preference, and underhand deals were done away with. Where listeners were in control.
With this app you can:
- listen to the different streams.
- vote on and submit songs if you have a reddit account.
- [PRO ONLY] download songs to your phone.
- [PRO ONLY] listen to music from the top ten charts of all time/month/week/day.
- [PRO ONLY] replay songs that you've recently heard in the streams.
By getting this full version of the app you will also help supporting radio reddit, making sure we can continue to provide a place for independent musicians to be heard. 25% of sales go directly to radioreddit.com
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: for determing network connectivity changes while streaming
android.permission.BROADCAST_STICKY: used for background service
android.permission.INTERNET: required for all interaction with reddit and radio reddit
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE: stops music playback when a phone call is received
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK: used for background service (keeps wifi on while streaming)
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: used to download songs to phone