You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
keywords: astronomy stars, telescope, planets, messier, live, augmented reality, sky view, minor planets, asteroids, dwarf planets, mercury, venus, earth, moon, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, ceres, vesta, juno, eros, transit, eclipse lunar, solar, sunspots, golden hour, blue hour, photography, great red spot, galaxies, cluster, nebulae, orion, meteor showers, milky way, perseids, shooting stars, ISON
Keep all your Rory’s Story Cubes in the one place. The ultimate, mobile storytelling game loved by children, parents on the go, creative writers, progressive teachers and games masters.
“5/5 - Amazing and like all genius - simple!” - UK
• Realistic physics - shake to roll the cubes. Move and rotate them as you tell your story.
• Your cubes - add to your Rory’s Story Cubes collection. The app now comes with both the Original and Actions sets. Other sets available as in-app purchases.
• New combinations - generate a random combination of 9 cubes from selected sets.
WAYS TO PLAY
• Have fun with family and friends on the go (or waiting around).
• Play solitaire as a ‘creative Sudoku’ to stretch your imagination.
• A creative way to practise a second language
• Engage children in storytelling to help with literacy skills.
• Rap, write, compose, draw, perform... just improvise
• Never fear the blank page; use to overcome writer’s block
• Generate colourful characters for your role playing game
See more Ways to Play at www.storycubes.com.
It has chemical calculator able to balance chemical equations of various difficulties. It also has a built in periodic table and can perform stoichiometry. Chemistry students might also find the list of formulas and polyatomic ions useful. Finally, it has has a formula evaluator for the gas laws, and a molar mass calculator, with useful conversions.
-Balance chemical equations
-Perform stoichiometric calculations
-Evaluate gas laws
-Chart of Polyatomic ions
-Molar Mass Calculator
-List of formulas
The University of Texas at Brownsville is now available at anytime, anywhere through your mobile device!
UT Brownsville Mobile brings you the latest news, sports schedules, events, videos and information. Download the UT Brownsville mobile application for your iPhone, iPod touch, Android, Blackberry or other Smartphone.
Stay connected with UT Brownsville Mobile.
Stay updated on the latest UTB news including important research advances, community outreach initiatives and student features.
Check out important dates for academics, registration, graduations, final exams and more!
The entire course catalogue in the palm of your hand! Access course descriptions, professors’ contact information, class times and locations.
Search and connect with UTB faculty and staff. Call or email instantly from your Smartphone or mobile device.
Search, pan and zoom on campus buildings and pinpoint addresses. Find your exact location and get directions to your next class with a GPS-enabled device.
Cheer for the UTB athletic teams. Stay updated on the latest scores, schedules, team rosters and more fun features.
Browse and save images of UTB campus, athletics games and university events.
Watch the latest UTB videos from our YouTube Channel.
Stay on top of classes with access to the Library Catalog on-the-go.
Find important phone numbers and information in case of an emergency.
Access your courses online to review content announcements, grades and participate in discussions, blogs, journals, tasks and more.
Access to the university Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Flickr social networks.
Useful for school and college students studying Physics.
App consists two parts
1. Points to Remember. (LMR => Last Minute Revision).
Keywords : Magnetism Wave Theory of Light Interference Diffraction Photons Electrons Protons Physics Chemistry Mathematics Formulas Electric Current Semiconductor Atoms Molecules Nuclei Electronics Electrostatics
The chemistry tutorial topics include:
Hybridization geometry and bond angles
Sigma bonds and Pi bonds
Drawing Lewis dot structures
Fatty Acid Structures, Saturated/Unsaturated
Polyatomic Ion Structures
Chirality (handedness) of drugs
Lattice Energy (Born-Haber Cycle)
Electronic and molecular geometry
Helps in preparation of STAR testing and improving score and rating.
Chapters based on Common core standard and quiz helps in preparation of STAR Testing
App with 21 chapters having 20 quizzes with 500+ quiz questions.
1) Science Skills
2) Properties of Matter
3) States of Matter
4) Atomic Structure
5) The Periodic Table
6) Chemical Bonds
7) Chemical Reactions
8) Acids, Bases and Solutions
9) Carbon Chemistry
10) Nuclear Chemistry
12) Forces and Motion
13) Forces in Fluids
14) Work, Power and Machines
16) Thermal Energy and Heat
17) Mechanical Waves and Sound
18) The Electromagnetic Spectrum and Light
Some features of this application use modifications and enhancements to the ZXing project: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/
More from developer
Chemistry World brings you the latest news and research from the chemical sciences along with insightful analysis, comprehensive business reports, incisive opinion pieces, in-depth feature articles, careers advice and reviews of the latest books and software.
Chemistry World is published monthly by the Royal Society of Chemistry and is free to all members and e-members. All issues can be downloaded as soon as they are published along with back issues since January 2011.
If you are not yet a member or e-member of the Royal Society of Chemistry you can join now or find more information at www.rsc.org/Membership
-Access the latest issue of Chemistry World as well as back copies since January 2011
-Download the issue for offline reading. This can be done automatically or at a time that is convenient for you
-View the pages using the magazine’s layout or in an easy-to-read text format
• Why eating food containing vitamins and minerals is important
• What kinds of food contain vitamins and minerals
• Vitamins: A, C and D
• Minerals: Calcium (Ca), Potassium (K) and Iron (Fe)
• Free gameplay with 4 levels of fun
• Simple tilt controls that are easy to use
• Full instructions on how to play
The Royal Society of Chemistry
The RSC is the largest organisation in Europe for advancing the chemical sciences. Supported by a worldwide network of members and an international publishing business, our activities span education, conferences, science policy and the promotion of chemistry to the public.
Places of Chemistry is a free app by the Royal Society of Chemistry which enables you to discover the location and story behind famous chemistry landmarks.
Where was penicillin discovered? Where was Michael Faraday an apprentice? Who was the first company to supply London with Gas? Use this easy and informative tool to find out more and plan your visit to key chemistry heritage locations.
Places of Chemistry is the perfect travel companion for those interested in finding out more about the history hidden in the places around them. Stepping into history you’ll be able to explore the chemistry that surrounds us finding out where scientists were born, lived, died and where they made ground breaking discoveries and navigate your way around 400 years of chemical history.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is world’s leading chemistry community. Supported by a worldwide network of members and an international publishing business, our activities span education, conferences, science policy and the promotion of chemistry to the public.
* Information and photos for each entry
* Audio guides for selected entries
* Hundreds of images, including precious historical documents
* View images in portrait or landscape orientation
* Maps integration for finding your way to locations of historical importance
* Find places near you
* Search the content for location, scientist’s name and their discoveries
* Explore the entries on the map
* Listen to audio guide whilst accessing the photos for the location
* Save your favourite entries
* Suggest new locations
* Share your favourite locations with friends via email, Facebook and Twitter
* Swipe up and down and side to side to view pages
* Currently includes locations based in London and the UK
* Enjoy the app even from the comfort of your home