The app will provide:
• Access to evidence-based, dermatologist-approved health care information for skin care and health.
• Expert insights on diseases affecting skin, hair, and nails, and the latest medical and cosmetic treatments.
• Real time UV Index based on the smartphone GPS system to assist in managing the medical dangers of ultraviolet radiation
• Links to Find A Dermatologist (TM) along with the smartphone GPS system for access to dermatologists in the area – while home or away.
WHAT IS IT?
Fotoskin is a great tool that helps preventing and early detecting skin cancer. The user can periodically perform a photographic register, by mapping its body. This register can be of great help for the medical professional, given that the patient will be able to show these photographs to its dermatologist in its check-ups, making it easier for a diagnosis and risk evaluation.
Fotoskin also offers valuable and rigorous information about different skin conditions, as well as tests and advice for better skin protection and cancer prevention.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Fotoskin is indicated for patients and relatives who have skin spots or moles that require tracking and control. It is also a useful tool for dermatologists and other health professionals, such as pharmacists and nurses. It can be of great interest for any person concerned about its skin health and sun damage prevention.
WHAT ARE ITS FEATURES?
Fotoskin has the following functionalities:
- My skin: In this section, you can perform different tests to know your fototype, melanoma risk and actinic damage level. The questions here are related with sun exposure time, mole amount or family precedents. With this information, the app will offer you a guidance summary on your skin’s condition, as well as advice to learn how to take care of yourself.
- My control: In this section you may photograph your own skin to know your moles and marks’ condition. The app allows to select the body part you want to photograph and enables also to configure reminders to perform continuous tracking or remembering your appointments with your dermatologist.
- My advice: Here you can access hints and tips to learn how to look after your skin, how to have a healthy solar exposure and to correctly apply sunscreen, as well as the steps to follow after sunburn.
- Medical Information: In this section you’ll find information regarding the main conditions that may affect skin, with images, disease characteristics and prevention.
- My weather: This section will inform you about your location’s (or any city you select) environmental situation, as well as its temperature and UV radiation index. It will also provide recommendations to follow under every case to protect your skin from sun damage.
------ Powered by ISDIN ------
* Important notice *
This app contains photographies that can result unpleasant for sensitive people.
Fotoskin is an informative and photographic self-control app that in no case will substitute medical visiting and a professional dermatologist diagnosis.
This app can be installed in almost all available devices; however, older or non-updated versions of Android devices can present some problems isolated yield.
****** "As Seen on dailymail.co.uk"
****** What our users in the past have had to say
"Wow. Amazing, I have never reviewed an app but had to. U can even save analysis and name mole to show dr or compare w next months photo. This will save lives." - Elizabeth
"An interesting and potentially very useful app. Anything that heightens one's awareness of diagnostic medical procedures, used with a degree of caution, is well worth investigatin and this one certainly appears to be a rather good example - thank you!" - EtheB
"I think I may have found one that needs checking out at the doctor and it's only been there for a little while. Thanks... was wondering when I should start checking out moles. :D Now I will definitely ask when I see my doctor next. Would be handy if you could use photos already taken on the phone as the in-app camera didn't seem to work very well, and you couldn't use a flash for lighting. 4 stars. Awesome job." - Stuart
DoctorMole uses advanced real-time computer vision technology to scan your moles in real time and give you instant feedback on Asymmetry, Border, Color, Diameter and Evolution (ABCDE). It is quick and easy to use and allows you to save any photo you have taken to compare for evolution changes at a later stage.
+ Automatically scans moles in real-time
+ Detailed analysis provided to cover the (ABCDE) criteria on your scanned mole
+ Save as many photos as you like
DoctorMole is the first app to use real-time computer vision technology to help in the assessment of your moles. This allows the user to easily take a photo of the desired target mole accurately with the correct lighting and distance. All the calculations are done on the phone so your results are instant and your data is safe. At any point you can review all your photos and their results and make comparisons between your moles at different times.
Skin cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer and Melanoma is the most dangerous form of skin cancer. Advanced stages of Melanoma cannot be treated yet Melanoma is one of the most treatable cancers if caught early. Using DoctorMole on a regular basis can help to teach you to identify what the danger signs of melanoma are and keep track of all your moles.
DoctorMole has been created for educational purposes only.
The results given by this application are not a substitute for a professional opinion and as such, we take no responsibility or liability for any course or treatment that you decide to take, or not take, based on this applications results.
We always recommend that you consult a qualified health care professional regardless of any outcome that this application produces if you have have any type of concern.
All data is self contained within the DoctorMole Application and as such we have no access to any of the data that you have stored inside this application.
The Dermatology DDx app from Unbound Medicine delivers visual, point-of-care guidance for establishing the diagnosis of skin disorders. This powerful, photo-intensive database allows users to search, view side-by-side variations of each skin disorder, easily zoom in on any of the high-resolution images, and instantly link to similar conditions to ensure accurate diagnosis. Each entry also contains clinical history, physical findings, and treatment options.
Features of Dermatology DDx include:
•600+ high-quality images presented with common variations in presentation
•Point-of-care guidance for 160+ dermatologic conditions
•Cross reference links to differential diagnoses
•History and treatment within each entry
•Appendix charting potencies of topical steroids
•Universal Index Search to find topics quickly
•Favorites for ’bookmarking’ important entries
Authors: Thomas P. Habif, MD; James L. Campbell Jr., MD, MS; M. Shane Chapman, MD; James G.H. Dinulos, MD; Kathryn A. Zug, MD
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
If you have medical worries or symptoms she will put your mind at rest and could save you an unnecessary visit to a physician. It's like having a physician in your pocket!
Free this month only, download it now!!
Best of all it's voice activated, just like Siri, so you can get a diagnosis from the virtual nurse just as you would from a real doctor! You can think of the Virtual Nurse as Siri for Health: she is your first stop for any health related concerns you have. The Virtual Nurse will talk to you, like Siri, and ask you questions about your symptoms to diagnose:
1. If your symptoms are normal
2. If you need to see a medical doctor or physician
3. If this is an emergency situation requiring urgent medical care
She will help you find a doctor or emergency room if the diagnosis requires. Topics included in the Symptom Checker developed by Harvard University cover 98% of the reasons you might need to see a doctor or diagnose and emergency, such as:
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Treatment
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Stress / Anxiety
- Birth Control
- Blacking Out or Fainting
- Bleeding After Menopause
- Bleeding Between Periods
- Blood in the Urine in Men
- Blood in the Urine in Women
- Breast Lumps
- Chest Pain
- Pink or Red Eye
- Constipation in Adults
- Constipation in Children
- Constipation in Infants
- Coughs, Colds & flu
- Diaper Rash
- Diarrhea in Children
- Diarrhea in Infants
- Muscle Weakness
- Dry Eyes & Mouth
- Dry Mouth & Excessive Thirst
- Eye Discharge
- Memory Loss
- Frequent Urination
- Hair Loss
- Head Injury
- Heart Palpitations
- Heavy Menstrual Periods
- Helping Dry Skin
- Hot Flashes
- Insomnia During Pregnancy
- Intestinal Gas Guide
- Irritable Child
- Itching Without Rash
- Leg Swelling (Edema) during Pregnancy
- Leg Swelling (Edema), New Onset
- Lightheaded with Standing
- Loss of Control of Urine
- Back Pain
- Missed or Irregular Periods
- Nail Problems
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Nausea & Vomiting in Pregnancy
- Never Started Menstrual Periods
- Numbness or Tingling
- Nutrition Assessment for Infants & Toddlers
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Painful Period Cramps
- Painful or Frequent Urination in Men
- Penis Pain, Sores, Discharge or Lumps
- Persistent Cough
- Knee Swelling
- Positive ANA
- Positive Rheumatoid Factor
- Problems With Vision
- Rash in Children
- Rash in Newborns
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Itching
- Recurring Abdominal Pain
- Risk of Iron Deficiency in Children
- Sexual Problems
- Shortness of Breath in Adults
- Shortness of Breath in Infants & Children
- Shortness of Breath In Pregnancy
- Sore / Strep Throat
- Sore / Strep Throat in Children
- Hearing Loss
- Swollen Glands
- Excessive Hair
- Jaw, Gum, or Tooth Pain
- Treating the Common Cold
- Treatment of Chronic Constipation
- Treatment of Impotence
- Treatment of Warts
- Understanding PSA
- Weight Gain or loss
- Vaginal Discharge, Itching or Irritation
- Vaginal Pain or Discomfort
- Vaginal Sores & Lumps
- Vomiting or Nausea
The virtual nurse is different from other apps like iTriage or WebMD because it gives you information about your health which is directed towards the specific action you need to take to stay healthy, such as see your primary care physician. Unlike iTriage and WebMD it's voice activated, like Siri, and is focused on helping you take steps to getting healthy.
Tags: Symptoms, emergency, checker, Harvard, Siri, iTriage, WebMD, Medscape, diagnose, disease, sick, ill, flu, headache, medicine, first aid, pharmacy, pharmacist, physician, pills, information, premium, conditions, care, medical, urgent
© Harvard University
Follow the homely tips in the apps and collect the compliments flowing your way .Try out the easy beauty tips and you are sure to cut on to your make-up and parlor bills.
Tips for healthy long and shiny hair
Tips to reduce Hairfall
Tips for Glowing face
Tips for Pimple cure,wrinkles cure,dark circles etc
Winter and Summer skin care tips
Tips for dry skin,oily skin
Tips for glowing skin
Foods for Healthy Hair
Foods For Healthy Skin
The app contains simple and effective tips
The app is free and you can use it offline/online
More tips will be updated frequently
From Visual Acuity, Astigmatism and Colour Tests - Vision Test will asses your eyes in a variety of different ways, all from the comfort of your own home. If it turns out you really do need to go the optician, the app will let you know; and even locate your nearest one!
**** FEATURES ****
- Visual Acuity Test
- Astigmatism Test
- Duochrome Test
- Colour Test
- Far field vision test
- Optician Finder
- Eye Quiz
- Eye Tips and facts
**** WARNING ****
This app provides a basic guideline for your eye sight, and is not intended to replace a full eye examination by a registered optician.
**** SIGNS YOU MAY NEED THIS APP ****
- Holding the paper at arms length - granddad style
- Guessing what to have in a restraint because you can't read the menu