Sometimes you just want to check-in to Foursquare and move on. Simple check-in allows you to do just that.
** NOTE: At the end of 2014, Foursquare will be removing the leaderboard from their API, so points will no longer be a part of the experience. **
Want a feature? Get in touch: @rathboma on twitter
- one touch check-ins
- Long press to check-in with a shout and share to Facebook / Twitter
- includes a map view so you can tell if your location is correct
- custom venue search (press the search button)
- app opens instantly to the foursquare nearby venue list
- all check-ins from the app are shared with friends but NOT posted to twitter or facebook
- Your location IS passed on check-in, so these check-ins are eligible for mayorships.
- No ads (there never will be)
If you have any issues with the app, please email me so that I can fix them. There's no function for me to contact you if you leave a bad review. I find squishing bugs very relaxing! (you can also tweet me: @rathboma)
This app supports android 2.1 and up. It should allow you to foursquare check-in with no problems on even the oldest phones.
Currently there are only 770 lines of code in the entire app, this helps to keep it fast. The goal is to keep this under 1000 to maximize speed, and reduce battery drain.
Simple Checkin in the Press:
About Foursquare: http://bit.ly/IfODJj
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Simple Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
Keyword: Map, Checkin, Check-in history, Facebook places, Foursquare, Gowalla, World map, information, check-in details, location point, country name, one click, all records, listing result, map presentation, places information content box, Android, multiple account, social network, keep record
Let's make an end to that with auto check-ins!
This app automatically checks you in when you are in the neighbourhood of places you've chosen.
It's easy to configure and above all: it doesn't drain your battery.
State of the art technology is used to reduce the amount of battery power needed to know your location.
Vote for new features here: http://checkmein.uservoice.com/
1) add locations to track
2) configure the checkin radius and check-in delay time
3) save, and done! You will be checked in automatically from now on once you are within the check-in radius for the given amount of time.
Double checkins are avoided, when you stay at the same location for a longer time, we will check you in again, but only after 20 hours. (you only need 1 checkin/day for your mayorship)
The official Foursquare app is required on your device (authentication).
Some graphics are property of Foursquare (see https://foursquare.com/about/logos)
What if you're not checked in:
- Don't force quit the app (swiping it out in the app switcher), if you do, it won't be able to locate you.
- check if location tracking with google play services is enabled on your phone, the app will not work if you turn them off!
- check if your sensors (gps, wifi) are enabled
- set a bigger checkin radius or lower check-in delay (you have to stay within this radius for the given amount of time, every time you go out of the radius, the timers are reset)
- Every time the app is opened, some checks are done that might reset the timers, be aware of this while configuring your venues!
- Someone reported that reinstalling the app also might do the trick, weird, but it doesn't hurt to try it.
All data that's needed for the app to work is stored locally on your device.
The only thing that is tracked, are the app crashes and amount of checkins to make sure the app is still working on every device. This is an anonymous process.
This app comes as is, with no guarantees.
Configure the app to check your location as often or rarely as you would like. Conveniently turn off background updating from the home screen to save battery.
Set default distances and frequency of check-in.
Turn off the background updating feature and you can use the Update Location option from the home screen to quickly check into your nearby favorite without the hassle of waiting and refreshing.
Check-in predictions. Yes, using where you are and where you've been Check in Assistant will figure out where you are most likely to go next.
** For those running MIUI, this app hasn't been tested for compatibility but the latest version reportedly works well. If you're seeing force closes, please update MIUI to the latest version.
If you have feedback for us, or bugs to
report, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and give us your
handset model and we'll try to fix it asap!
Keywords: Check-in, place, places, Facebook, Foursquare, Gowalla, Jiepang, Twitter, Tween, share location, fun, my places, Android, one-click check-in, multiple check-in, Easy, Free, Near places, nearby, store, department, mall, quick, clear interface, Shout, shouted, Google Latitude, latitude, longitude, gps
Facebook check-in is quick, beautiful and even automatic with Smart Places Checkin.
* Check-in to Facebook with just 2 clicks from your home screen with the 1x1 widget. Optionally tag friends.
* Draw zones on the map where you check-in automatically to any Facebook places of your choice (like Glympse but for space instead of time).
* Get notifications when your Facebook friends checkin nearby, and view recent Facebook checkins either on a Google Map or in list form. Never again miss out on the opportunity for real-world meet-ups that checkins bring!
* Other cool features include time stats for places which can be appended to checkin messages; and multiple location options, including WiFi, GPS and custom plot on the map before checkin.
See our Premium key for unlocking even more awesome features, including Priority Places, Photo Checkins, Auto-Checkouts, Privacy, 4x1 Widget, Custom Stat Messages, Time Targets, Satellite Maps, and get the ad-free experience of Smart Places.
Get Smart Places Checkin today and check in to Facebook Places the smart way!
Note: Requires Facebook permissions for access at any time ("may access your data when not using the app"), and for posting a checkin. We recommend that you also install the official Facebook for Android app, as this makes logging in easier and more reliable.
The Smart Places check in app is not affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook. The map is Powered by Google. The map artwork in the feature and promotional graphics is ©2011 Google - Map data ©2011 Tele Atlas.
** If you have any issues, please email me. I haven't been able to test on every phone **
- You might not get a notification on older android devices (< 4.0). I'm working to fix this now.
Map your saved wifi networks to Foursquare places. Then when you connect to that network you will be automatically checked-in.
- Create unlimited wifi-place mappings
- Get notified when you are checked-in
- Uses your approximate location on check-in, so you still get points!
- Very battery efficient
Pro features coming soon.
tweet me with feature requests! @rathboma
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Wi-fi Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
You can write your status, like, and comment! It also has higher quality audio, no ads, and 19 languages!
Just launch the app and you're done. It will download your Facebook friends news feed and read it outloud!
Perfect for getting ready in the morning or on the go! Or use it in the car to keep your eyes on the road. You can also use headphones or bluetooth and no one will know you're listening to Facebook.
This app reads your friends' status updates and skips the extra ads, links, likes, comments, tags & photos. Pure text!
How to use:
Launch the app to download and hear the latest news. You can also pull down to refresh anytime.
You can touch any single post to hear it again.
Use settings to choose from 19 different languages and a man/woman's voice!
You can like or comment any status, or write your own status with the icon at the top left.
The app can read Facebook to you in several languages:
Español (Spanish or Latin American)
Português (Portuguese or Brasil)
简体中文 (Chinese Simplified Mandarin)
繁体粤语 (Chinese Traditional Cantonese)
繁体中文 (Chinese Taiwan)
True Text to Speech (TTS) for Facebook!
Note: This app connects you directly with Facebook. None of your information is collected by this app or sent anywhere else. Not affiliated with Facebook home.
Coming soon: "Hear My Twitter"!
We provides free,safe,fast post likes to Facebook users. It is totally protected site & never spammed. dj Liker also gives the Multi Comments on Public posts by the same method which you guys do in Likes System! Moreover, we are creating Facebook Auto-Followers Application to make you guys more famous.
It is programmed to help the Facebook users who didn't get likes on their posts & beg other people to do it!
FastLite creates a sandbox for Facebook's mobile site in order to protect your privacy and to avoid the ability others to track your browsing history.
- Very FAST and LIGHT
- Very recommended for devices with low memory
- Full Facebook Support
- Touch Optimized UI
- Check-in (GPS must be enabled)
- Photo upload
1. Facebook is trademark of Facebook Inc. and the app is not made by Facebook.
2. All efforts have been made in order to respect the copyrights requirements. In order to report any violations, you can report us by sending a mail.
It provides perfect integration of Facebook data with your Android device.
Here are just some examples of what it does:
• High-resolution contact images synchronized from Facebook. (up to 720x720 pixels on Jelly Bean!) Uses face-detection to get the cropping just right.
• Synchronization of Facebook Events (including attendee lists!) into your device's calendar, including (optional) reminders.
To top it off, every feature is highly configurable and can be disabled if unwanted.
Don't like the way HaxSync cropped one of your contact images? Crop it yourself using the Contacts Manager.
Want a different color for your calendars? Feel free to change it!
HaxSync is being actively developed, with new features and bugfixes arriving on a regular basis.
If you have problems/suggestions, please post here instead of giving a bad rating (I can't answer your market ratings, so I can't help you with your problem): https://redmine.limun.org/projects/haxsync/wiki/How_to_report_an_issue
If you're wondering about the permissions HaxSync uses and what it needs them for, take a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4pTgdMpp-ndHRBUER1WFVtNzVZVVYwWG1OSDJqalE#gid=0
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported - search on google for them
More features added every release - there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ - if you want something added then let me know and I'll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!
Schedule your updates to post at optimal times, whether you're around or not. Build up a queue of awesome content to share with your friends and followers, and followup on your posts with Buffer's straightforward analytics to see which posts performed best.
Buffer works from news apps like Flipboard, Zite, Taptu, TweetDeck, Evernote, Pocket, Instapaper, Pulse, Feedly, UberSocial, Plume, Seesmic, Google Currents and almost all other reader apps. You also get Twitter analytics, Facebook analytics & LinkedIn stats.
IMPORTANT: This app is an Android AccountManager ONLY. It DOES NOT generate an app icon in the app drawer.
More information: http://www.shadowfury.net/wiki/facebookcalendarsync%3AGettingStarted
Having trouble with this app?
Visit the new support page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AndroidCalendarSyncApp
This is a Facebook calendar sync app written for Android. I looked everywhere on the Android app store for a Facebook sync app that worked as its own calendar provider. Rather than syncing with the Google calendar, this app generates its own calendar within Android for syncing and storing Facebook events.
The app stores Facebook events in 5 calendars:
Events I'm Attending: Contains events the user has RSVP'd as "Going"
Events I May Be Attending: Contains events the user has RSVP'd as "Maybe"
Events I Am Not Attending: Contains events the user has RSVP'd as "Not Going"
Events I Have Not Responded To: Contains events the user has been invited to but not responded to
Friends' Birthdays: User's friends' birthdays
How to manage the display of calendars you are interested in:
- Sync issues with Google services do not cause ghosted or duplicate events
- Use this app on all your Android devices without worrying about collisions between sync processes on multiple devices
- Use of Android's built-in account management, sync, and calendar APIs improves sync reliability and battery life on your device
- Set sync schedule: Set how often the app will sync with Facebook. This is not an exact setting, since the SyncAdapter is controlled by Android directly, but Android will do its best to sync at your desired sync rate.
- Sync event attendees: Synchronize attendees that have responded as "Attending" or "Maybe"
- Calendar colors: Choose a user-defined color for each of the five calendars the app creates.
- Custom app link: Adds Facebook link to all events created by this app. Requires your calendar app to support CUSTOM_APP_URI. The default Google Calendar app does this by adding a button just after the event description. Link will take the user to the Facebook event page (if clicked in an event) or friend's Facebook profile (if clicked in a friend's birthday).
NOTE: I am actively working on developing/improving this app. Please provide any comments/issues/suggestions so I can make this a better utility for Android Facebook users everywhere.
INTERNET: Used to contact Facebook's servers for event info
AUTHENTICATE_ACCOUNTS, GET_ACCOUNTS, MANAGE_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: required to create and manage a FacebookCalendarSync account in Android's Accounts and Sync system.
READ_CALENDAR, WRITE_CALENDAR: Used to write Facebook events into the Android calendar database.
WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: required in order to set the amount of time between sync requests
READ_LOGS: used by the troubleshoot to allow the user to send logs to the developer
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: in order to sync only on WiFi, app needs to check whether user is connected to WiFi
Stressed? Depressed? Overwhelmed? Frustrated?
Looking for an outlet to share your real feelings/mood without the need to maintain your Social Media persona?
MoodUp provides an environment for you to share your mood, and receive supportive comments/feedback from other users.
The idea is simple:
- Share your mood with the MoodUp community
- Other users post helpful comments/feedback
- You thank and rate the feedback
Mood posters receive helpful, supportive comments back from the MoodUp community...
Commenters are rewarded with some thanks and a rating...
- Mood posts are anonymous. Feel free to share and express your real feelings without worrying about what your Facebook 'friends' would think.
- Support others by commenting. Commenters are identified only by their selected icon/image.
- Minimize irrelevant posts. You can mark a mood or comment as inappropriate (long press).
- Reduce harrassment. Rating a comment as zero will block further comments by that user against that mood.
This is an initial Beta release. Expect issues, crashes, etc.
General feedback welcomed - let us know what you like, dont like, think should be improved, etc.
Note: The current version is suited to small screens. The tablet layout is a little 'all over the place' :-(
Otherwise you will lose them. Sorry about that. ***
Just another application that tries to automatically check you into Foursquare venues.
The application is currently migrating to a new GUI. You can access the work-in-progress GUI via the main application menu. Please have a play with it, and let us know what you think.
The new GUI has two views:
- one showing the traditional auto checkins
- one showing your friends and their current checkins
The friends view allows you to group your friends in different tabs for easier viewing.
Hopefully this application is kind on your battery, and sufficiently accurate. The application uses cell site data, rather than GPS or Network provided lat/long data for determining your current location.
Note that this is only a Lite version, limited to three configured auto check ins.
Please try out this lite version first to see if it works for you before purchasing the full paid version, Auto Check In.
The application performance does vary between different phone models/vendors, and CDMA/GSM type handsets. So it may not work perfectly for everyone.
If you are having any issues with the app, please provide feedback to the developers, email@example.com.
If you dont contact the developers, we have little chance of being able to help to solve your problems :-(
For example, install on your child's phone to auto SMS when they leave school and when arrive home.
Does not use GPS or Network location data for tracking. Kind on battery.