Keyword: Map, Checkin, Check-in history, Facebook places, Foursquare, Gowalla, World map, information, check-in details, location point, country name, one click, all records, listing result, map presentation, places information content box, Android, multiple account, social network, keep record
Sometimes you just want to check-in to Foursquare and move on. Simple check-in allows you to do just that.
** NOTE: At the end of 2014, Foursquare will be removing the leaderboard from their API, so points will no longer be a part of the experience. **
Want a feature? Get in touch: @rathboma on twitter
- one touch check-ins
- Long press to check-in with a shout and share to Facebook / Twitter
- includes a map view so you can tell if your location is correct
- custom venue search (press the search button)
- app opens instantly to the foursquare nearby venue list
- all check-ins from the app are shared with friends but NOT posted to twitter or facebook
- Your location IS passed on check-in, so these check-ins are eligible for mayorships.
- No ads (there never will be)
If you have any issues with the app, please email me so that I can fix them. There's no function for me to contact you if you leave a bad review. I find squishing bugs very relaxing! (you can also tweet me: @rathboma)
This app supports android 2.1 and up. It should allow you to foursquare check-in with no problems on even the oldest phones.
Currently there are only 770 lines of code in the entire app, this helps to keep it fast. The goal is to keep this under 1000 to maximize speed, and reduce battery drain.
Simple Checkin in the Press:
About Foursquare: http://bit.ly/IfODJj
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Simple Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
Let's make an end to that with auto check-ins!
This app automatically checks you in when you are in the neighbourhood of places you've chosen.
It's easy to configure and above all: it doesn't drain your battery.
State of the art technology is used to reduce the amount of battery power needed to know your location.
Vote for new features here: http://checkmein.uservoice.com/
1) add locations to track
2) configure the checkin radius and check-in delay time
3) save, and done! You will be checked in automatically from now on once you are within the check-in radius for the given amount of time.
Double checkins are avoided, when you stay at the same location for a longer time, we will check you in again, but only after 20 hours. (you only need 1 checkin/day for your mayorship)
The official Foursquare app is required on your device (authentication).
Some graphics are property of Foursquare (see https://foursquare.com/about/logos)
What if you're not checked in:
- Don't force quit the app (swiping it out in the app switcher), if you do, it won't be able to locate you.
- check if location tracking with google play services is enabled on your phone, the app will not work if you turn them off!
- check if your sensors (gps, wifi) are enabled
- set a bigger checkin radius or lower check-in delay (you have to stay within this radius for the given amount of time, every time you go out of the radius, the timers are reset)
- Every time the app is opened, some checks are done that might reset the timers, be aware of this while configuring your venues!
- Someone reported that reinstalling the app also might do the trick, weird, but it doesn't hurt to try it.
All data that's needed for the app to work is stored locally on your device.
The only thing that is tracked, are the app crashes and amount of checkins to make sure the app is still working on every device. This is an anonymous process.
This app comes as is, with no guarantees.
Tell your friends the cool spots you go to!
We make it easy for you to check in on Facebook Places. Two taps and you're done. Your friends will see your check-in on their Facebook news feed.
You can also text your location directly to your friends. Makes it easy to coordinate your get-togethers!
Facebook check-in is quick, beautiful and even automatic with Smart Places Checkin.
* Check-in to Facebook with just 2 clicks from your home screen with the 1x1 widget. Optionally tag friends.
* Draw zones on the map where you check-in automatically to any Facebook places of your choice (like Glympse but for space instead of time).
* Get notifications when your Facebook friends checkin nearby, and view recent Facebook checkins either on a Google Map or in list form. Never again miss out on the opportunity for real-world meet-ups that checkins bring!
* Other cool features include time stats for places which can be appended to checkin messages; and multiple location options, including WiFi, GPS and custom plot on the map before checkin.
See our Premium key for unlocking even more awesome features, including Priority Places, Photo Checkins, Auto-Checkouts, Privacy, 4x1 Widget, Custom Stat Messages, Time Targets, Satellite Maps, and get the ad-free experience of Smart Places.
Get Smart Places Checkin today and check in to Facebook Places the smart way!
Note: Requires Facebook permissions for access at any time ("may access your data when not using the app"), and for posting a checkin. We recommend that you also install the official Facebook for Android app, as this makes logging in easier and more reliable.
The Smart Places check in app is not affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook. The map is Powered by Google. The map artwork in the feature and promotional graphics is ©2011 Google - Map data ©2011 Tele Atlas.
Configure the app to check your location as often or rarely as you would like. Conveniently turn off background updating from the home screen to save battery.
Set default distances and frequency of check-in.
Turn off the background updating feature and you can use the Update Location option from the home screen to quickly check into your nearby favorite without the hassle of waiting and refreshing.
Check-in predictions. Yes, using where you are and where you've been Check in Assistant will figure out where you are most likely to go next.
** For those running MIUI, this app hasn't been tested for compatibility but the latest version reportedly works well. If you're seeing force closes, please update MIUI to the latest version.
** If you have any issues, please email me. I haven't been able to test on every phone **
- You might not get a notification on older android devices (< 4.0). I'm working to fix this now.
Map your saved wifi networks to Foursquare places. Then when you connect to that network you will be automatically checked-in.
- Create unlimited wifi-place mappings
- Get notified when you are checked-in
- Uses your approximate location on check-in, so you still get points!
- Very battery efficient
Pro features coming soon.
tweet me with feature requests! @rathboma
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Wi-fi Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
• CheckIn opens immediately to a list of nearby places, which you can check in to with just one tap.
• Includes an undo button for removing your latest check-in from Facebook.
• Add places to your list of favorites for easier access, and so you don't have to wait for a location fix.
• Automatically check into your favorites by turning on auto check-ins. Your device will periodically check your location and check you in when you're in range of a favorite without you touching your phone.
• IMPORTANT: Automatic check-ins only work reliably for places with wifi in range.
Not affiliated with Facebook Inc.
But wait: should know that this app is a little pet project. Consider it beta quality and let me know if you encounter issues before rating so we can together improve the app!
Here's what you get:
- Link to your Foursquare.com account
- Search for venues, write venue data to NFC tag
- Long-click on a venue to directly checkin
- Tap a written NFC tag to automatically check in
- A beep signals the NFC checkin and a status bar notification shows up. Clicking the status bar notification links to the venue web page.
This is an experiment using NFC (Near Field Communication) and Foursquare (see foursquare.com). I am not affiliated in any kind with Foursquare.
Here's what I use it for: for frequently visited venues, I created nfc tags using this application. I put the tags (stickers, really) at the entrance door of my favorite restaurant, at the coffee machine at work or... I think you get it. Keep in mind you first need to create the venues using the foursquare app before you can search and write them to a nfc tag using this app. Once you have tagged your locations, you can simply tap the tag to checkin instead of having to search for the venue, click a couple times, etc.
You need tags? Good places to buy them are tagage.net, smartcardfocus.com or nfc4me.com. I recommend to choose NFC-Forum Type 2 Tags, e.g. the Mifare Ultralight.
What's planned for the future:
- make tags read-only once written (Mifare Ultralight only)
Syncs all of your friends contact information including...
* First and Last Name
* Phone Number
* Email Address
* Facebook Account
* Twitter Account
* Home City
* Foursquare User ID
* Short Biography Text
To use this application, go to your "Settings" menu and choose the "Accounts and Sync" option. You can then "Add" a new account, and "Contact Sync for Foursquare" should appear in the list.
Some things to note:
1. Some friends may not display all the available contact information. For example, Facebook and Twitter Accounts are optional for Foursquare, so some Foursquare friends may not display these fields if they haven't supplied this information.
2. Some Android devices, such as newer Samsung phones, may not display some of the custom contact fields. such as the Facebook and Twitter Accounts. This information is still stored on your phone, but it just isn't visible. If this affects your phone, you may need to use a different Contacts app to display the missing fields. However, this should not affect standard fields such as Email Address and Phone Number - these should always be displayed if the Foursquare friend has supplied this information.
Like this application? Why don't you make a donation via the website?
- which of your friends are nearby
-send them an SMS with your location
- Send them via Facebook, a post to their wall
- Send them via Facebook, a private message
In addition to friends, you can also see several points of interest (eg restaurants, bars, hotels, shops, etc.) that are closer, read tips about them and find friends who have ever had checked in there.
To find out who's always on your radar, you can receive SMS alerts:
- Whenever a certain friend makes a checkin nearby
- When a friend makes a checkin around a specific location
- When a friend makes a checkin a city of your choice
Have fun and socialize with those who are nearby!
Increase your Facebook likes with our Autoliker app!
Our app offer likes on your status, photos, and videos.
This app is not based on "like to like" system. You don't need to like other peoples statuses and photos to get likes!
- Easy few steps from start getting likes!
- Paste your Facebook Status ID and that's all!
We have over 100,000 people in our community who uses our website daily!
Check out our website version at http://www.MyFbLiker.com
With Whoop! you can check into a location and see who is also there. View the Whoop! or Facebook profile of the User. Get the name and the reason why the person is staying here. Download the "Whoop! - Checkin" and be part of the Whoop! - Community...
Basic tasks of this app:
- View a list of checked-in users
- Share your location with your Facebook contacts
- Know more about persons in your area
- Facebook Log-in available
Try it and have fun!
Otherwise you will lose them. Sorry about that. ***
Just another application that tries to automatically check you into Foursquare venues.
The application is currently migrating to a new GUI. You can access the work-in-progress GUI via the main application menu. Please have a play with it, and let us know what you think.
The new GUI has two views:
- one showing the traditional auto checkins
- one showing your friends and their current checkins
The friends view allows you to group your friends in different tabs for easier viewing.
Hopefully this application is kind on your battery, and sufficiently accurate. The application uses cell site data, rather than GPS or Network provided lat/long data for determining your current location.
Note that this is only a Lite version, limited to three configured auto check ins.
Please try out this lite version first to see if it works for you before purchasing the full paid version, Auto Check In.
The application performance does vary between different phone models/vendors, and CDMA/GSM type handsets. So it may not work perfectly for everyone.
If you are having any issues with the app, please provide feedback to the developers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you dont contact the developers, we have little chance of being able to help to solve your problems :-(
Stressed? Depressed? Overwhelmed? Frustrated?
Looking for an outlet to share your real feelings/mood without the need to maintain your Social Media persona?
MoodUp provides an environment for you to share your mood, and receive supportive comments/feedback from other users.
The idea is simple:
- Share your mood with the MoodUp community
- Other users post helpful comments/feedback
- You thank and rate the feedback
Mood posters receive helpful, supportive comments back from the MoodUp community...
Commenters are rewarded with some thanks and a rating...
- Mood posts are anonymous. Feel free to share and express your real feelings without worrying about what your Facebook 'friends' would think.
- Support others by commenting. Commenters are identified only by their selected icon/image.
- Minimize irrelevant posts. You can mark a mood or comment as inappropriate (long press).
- Reduce harrassment. Rating a comment as zero will block further comments by that user against that mood.
This is an initial Beta release. Expect issues, crashes, etc.
General feedback welcomed - let us know what you like, dont like, think should be improved, etc.
Note: The current version is suited to small screens. The tablet layout is a little 'all over the place' :-(
For example, install on your child's phone to auto SMS when they leave school and when arrive home.
Does not use GPS or Network location data for tracking. Kind on battery.