Worf is an advanced audio recorder and spectrum analyzer allowing you visualize and manipulate sound in a unique and powerful way.
- Skip silence and lower volume sounds with custom thresholds
- Remove or adjust unwanted frequencies with custom filters
- Live spectrum analyzer
- Long duration audio/voice recording to MP3 format
- High quality 44.1KHz audio capture
- Continues recording when display is off
- Opens/saves recordings to default audio folder
- Pause/resume/stop/save control
- Better performance with frequency domain filtering
Watch as the spectrum analyzer displays real-time audio data coming in from your device's microphone. Then use your finger to draw a threshold over top of the spectrum. When you press record, only the segments of audio that cross your threshold will be captured in the record file. Quieter sounds are eliminated for seamless playback of only the louder audio.
Use the filter like an equalizer on steroids. Draw any curve you like to soften or eliminate unwanted frequencies and alter the tone of your recording.
Worf may also be used as a standard voice recorder by leaving the threshold and filter at the default settings.
Worf outputs your recordings in MP3 format for reduced file size and longer capture sessions. Some MP3 file types may be opened for playback as well allowing you to visualize the spectrum of your favorite songs or other recordings.
Icons for Open, Record, Pause and a portion of the logo are from https://icons8.com/
FFT algorithm from Digital Signal Processing Tools by Laurent de Soras (c) 1999
MP3 engine from LAME by Mark Taylor (c) 1999