Available for FREE in Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Santiago de Chile, Sao Paulo (SP) and Rio de Janeiro.
Request a cab near you in 1 quick click. It is easy! Track your driver's arrival in real-time, and hold the driver accountable by rating him/her at the end of the ride. It IS FREE! You only pay the taxi meter fare. Taxi? SaferTaxi!
WHY USE SAFERTAXI?
- FREE: Safer Taxi is free to download and use. You only pay what is shown on the taxi meter. No hidden costs
- SUPER FAST AND EASY: We locate you automatically using your phone GPS and Wireless. Your cab is merely 1 click away. Then, watch your driver approach in real-time on a map
- FREE WIFI: All our taxis are also WiFi hotspots. Enjoy our complimentary Internet, especially when you are stuck in traffic
- ELECTRONIC PAYMENT: Out of cash? Not a problem with Safer Taxi. In Sao Paulo (SP), Santiago de Chile, and Rio de Janeiro you can pay with your credit card
- NEED A CAB URGENTLY? During rainy days or rush hour, simply indicate a tip within your booking request to attract nearby drivers
- RIDE HISTORY: If you leave an item behind, do not worry, your ride history and driver detail are saved inside the application for your record
- LOYALTY POINTS: Accumulate taxi miles each trip you take and convert the miles to free rides
- TRAVEL: Are you a frequent traveler? No problem our app works in Brasil, Argentina, and Chile
Safer Taxi was praised by: CNN Chile, TVN, Veja Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, La Nacion, Globo TV, Radio Cooperativa, Radio Metro, El Mercurio, Fohla, ...
★★★★★ "That was amazing! In one click, my taxi was waiting outside for me when I walked out the door. I used Safer Taxi in both Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo and it works like a charm – way better than 99taxis." – Thyago (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
★★★★★ "I love knowing what driver to expect when I book! The driver profiles and ratings are super cool. I tried Easy Taxi and they do not offer ratings." – Maria (Santiago, Chile)
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE HISTORY OF SAFERTAXI
SaferTaxi was started in 2009 in Buenos Aires long before Uber, Hailo, myTaxi or GetTaxi gained popularity in Europe and the US. However, as it was a pure text message based taxi system, the founders decided to change the business model to be more similar to Uber or Hailo. Today you can use your cell phone to book a cab and pay electronically (in Santiago, Rio de Janeiro, and San Pablo only, and Buenos Aires will follow shortly). We believe our solution goes beyond what Uber and Hailo can offer with a pure focus to be the best app within Latin America.
ABOUT OUR COMPETITORS
In Argentina there are different applications to book taxis, for example, Easy Taxi, Dinero Taxi, and EcoTaxi. However, these applications do not target directly Buenos Aires like Safer Taxi does. In Chile, Safer Taxi is facing competition from Easy Taxi only (based in Santiago). There are nearly no radio taxi providers or remis companies. Cabbify offers a high-end service similar to Uber, but at a much higher price point than taxis. Finally, in Brazil, Safer Taxi faces competition from 99Taxis, Easy Taxi, ResolveAi, Taxija, Taxibeat, WayTaxi, moove Taxi, and icab2go. Of those, Taxibeat, Taxija, 99taxis and Easy Taxi are probably the more advanced once. However, none of the competitors in Argentina, Chile, and Brazil offer free wifi to customers, ride history, loyalty points, or electronic payment.
GPS AND MAPS DISCLAIMER
Please note that Safer Taxi is not responsible for the accuracy of your GPS. Your GPS position is influenced by the quality of your phone and whether you have WiFi assisted GPS turned on. Please note also, that unlike Waze or Foursquare, Safer Taxi is not building its own maps. All maps are provided by Google.