By all means try the TRIAL version first to see if your device works:
http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads/USBAudioRecorderPROTrial_1.3.9.apk Rename the file to .apk if the file got renamed to .man after download!
Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information:
If you are more interested in a media player, please see our USB Audio Player PRO app:
eXtream Software Development has written custom USB audio code from scratch because Android does not support USB audio. No rooting is required.
Your USB audio device must be class-compliant in order to work: USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 class-compliant devices are supported with either USB audio spec 1.0 or 2.0. Devices that require you to install specific drivers under Windows or OSX will usually not work.
Make sure to connect your audio device BEFORE starting the app. If you get a message on start-up saying that the device failed to initialize, your device will not work (for now). Reasons can be that your Android device does not meet the requirements, it does not supply enough power (try a powered hub), the USB audio device is not class-compliant or you are not using an OTG cable (if needed).
Please let us know if your Android/audio device combination works.
Note that this app also functions as the license/key to use USB audio in Audio Evolution Mobile.
• USB audio recording
• USB audio playback
• Mono, stereo and multichannel recording
• Stereo playback (on multichannel device, the first two outputs are used)
• 16-, 24- and/or 32-bit depending on your device
• Up to 384 kHz sample rate (depending on your audio device)
• Input/output selection
• Buffer size selection (1024 to 16384 frames)
• Recording format selection: wav/flac/ogg/aiff. (No mp3 since that is patented, use ogg for similar quality and compression)
• Level meters for playback and recording with peak hold to see what your loudest peak was (tap on level meter to clear)
• Monitor button to set your levels before recording
• Load wav/aiff/flac/ogg files for playback
• Rename or delete recording
• Display of available disk space
• Internal controls like gain, volume and mute are presented on the mixer screen if available
• Set the folder you wish to record to, for example, external sd cards
• Play through your Android device's internal speakers or headset in case you have an input-only device like an USB mic
• Very basic playlist (directory playback) functionality because of many user requests. No mp3 playback or fancy graphics, the app is meant for recording! For a media player, see our USB Audio Player PRO app.
• Share your recordings through GMail, SoundCloud, etc.
• 800x480 screen minimum (in landscape)
• Android 3.1 or higher (no root required!!!)
• Android device with USB host capability
• USB OTG cable to go from micro-USB to full-sized USB if your Android device does not have a full-sized USB port
Just a glimpse of working audio devices:
• Lexicon Alpha, Lambda, Omega
• M-Audio Duo, Fast Track, Fast Track Pro
• Presonus 22VSL, 44VSL
• Blue Snowball, Yeti and Yeti PRO
• RME Babyface
• Zoom H2, H4
• Several HiFi DAC's
Unfortunately, Samsung S1, S2 and Note 1 devices are NOT supported because the kernel is missing some crucial parts. The S3, S4 and Note 2 work though.
Note that we are not affiliated with the USB Audio Recorder, USB Audio Field Recorder or USB Audio Tester app.
It allows to Record, Edit and Share sounds, voices, notes, musics or any other audio.
- The Lite version has all the features of the pro version, but ogg and mp3 recording are paused every 3 minutes (no limit for wav), just press the pause button to continue. Try it before buying the pro version.
- If you have problems, please look at the FAQ page https://www.facebook.com/RecForge/app_160430850678443
RecForge can be used to :
- record (in mp3/ogg/wav) meetings, rehersals, music learning, EVP, ...
- share your recording on Google Drive, Skydrive, DropBox, Box, ...
- convert your recordings in diferent audio format
- edit audio files
- replace your Dictaphone
Main functions :
- Real-time record in mp3, ogg and wav
- Play, record, pause/resume, loop, convert audio files
- Edit your recording to keep only interesting parts
- Share your recordings
+ on social network,
+ by mail,
+ Ubuntu One,
+ Google Drive,
+ or others sharing apps.
- Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control) for better sound quality (android > 2.1)
- Manual gain adjustment
- Use external microphone (3.5 jack - need an adapter. cf FAQ)
- Change Play back rate
- File format supported :
+ 8, 11, 12, 16, 22, 24, 32, 44 and 48kHz
+ wav, mp3 (up to 128kbps) and ogg (up to 250 kbpls)
- Convert your files in different format (wav, ogg & mp3)
- Record in background even when the phone is locked
- File manager with folders (rename, delete, copy, ...)
- Find and Play recordings by date, name and size
- Different widgets size (one click to record)
- Disable notifications to discreetly record
- Application movable to SD Card
- Language translations :
+ Simplified & Traditional Chinese,
Please take some few seconds to rate RecForge on the market. You can send me mail with feedback too. It is very important for me to improve RecForge.
If you have a question ask by mail or on Facebook. (I can't answer in comments).
NOTE: This app is not call recorder. May not work properly on some handsets. User interface not optimized for tablets yet. Recordings in this format cannot be sent via text/sms/mms. Please feel free to send me feedback via email if you have any.
- automatic and manual sensitivity control for Skip silence mode (Beta)
- live audio spectrum analyzer
- wave/pcm encoding with adjustable sample rate (8-44 kHz)
- recording in background (even when display is off)
- microphone gain calibration tool
- save/pause/resume/cancel recording process control
- storage and directory change (default: sdcard/SmartVoiceRecorder)
- remaining recording time showed on home screen, limited only by available space on your storage (and tech. limit 2GB per file)
- easy to use recordings list
- send/share a recording via email, whatsapp, dropbox, etc.
- set a recording as an ringtone, alarm or notification in one click
Permissions that this app needs are:
- internet access (for displaying ads and some stats collection)
- write to external storage (to store recordings)
- record audio
- wake lock (for prevent device from sleeping)
- write settings (for ability to set default system ringtone/notification/alarm)
- billing (for in-app option to turn off ads)
Field Recorder is only available on Google Play!
Turn your smartphone and tablet into an HQ audio recorder!
Customers say it is the best audio recorder app that money can buy and worth every cent.
Field Recorder provides easy-to-use presets for standard tasks like dictation or concert recording. However, it is designed for professional use as it provides more than 80 options to customize it to the given device and situation. Also, external microphones are supported.
• Records and plays mono or stereo wav files
• Supports file overwrite or resume record dubbing modes
• Up to 90 seconds pre- and 4s post recording. You won't miss any important stuff even if you are too late at the start button
• Auto start, stop, and continue, depending on loudness. The control signal can be filtered independently to optimize it for voices and other audio signals
• When recording, automatic stop at 4GB maximum file size and even seamless restart of a new file is available (activate auto start with a low threshold)
• High-precision stereo audio engine with minimum-phase shelving equalizers and stereo balance correction to compensate for flaws of the microphones. Also with recording booster, configurable limiters, soft clipping, and high-quality monitoring
• Wav player with volume maximizer, silent and audible fast-forward and fast-rewind, and low-latency random access to any play position via progress bar
• Stores recordings internally or on any chosen SD card (even if you have two or more SD cards installed). Default is SD card. Optionally makes recordings visible to your favorite player
• 9200 colors available for the metallic-brushed skin. Also, you choose round or rectangular LEDs, left-hand operation, the button size, and your favorite color for the LCD display
The First 2 Hours: Getting Started
Use the Play Store 2 hours return period to test how audio recording works on your phone. Start with the presets which you select by touching "Factory". Probably, you find a preset in the cloud perfectly adapted to your smartphone!
Then try the different inputs from "In:MicA" to "In:MicE" (touch "In:MicA"). If you activate "Monitor", use headphones to avoid an acoustic feedback loop. Check without creating audio files, just by pressing the pause button, which activates the level meters. In the LCD you see a date/time string as the potential file name.
• The name of a modified preset is shown in the LCD in gray
• Play back uses the PlayLimiter and ignores the Monitor switch, so monitoring can be deactivated during recording
• Touch "time/position/free" label to show remaining recording duration
• Touch battery symbol to toggle between battery and CPU usage
• Touch "CLIP" to reset clip LEDs
• Touch meter to open its configuration menu
• The meter shows peak amplitudes or the start/stop control signal
• Active auto start overrules pressing the pause button
• The 1.5kHz filter optimizes the auto start/stop control signal for speech. 750Hz are better with high-frequency environmental noise, 3kHz reduce low-frequency influence
• Soft Clipping is active above -3dBFS
• Limiting and Soft Clipping work only if Boost is greater than 0dB
• Recording Boost above 20dB might produce hardware feedback loop (caused by weak power supply)
• Overwrite and Append modify existing recordings (warning can be switched on/off)
• Activate flight mode to reduce noise floor
WavePad Free works within audio waveforms to make selections for quick editing, such as inserting sound from other files, or apply sound effects like the high pass filter to clarify audio quality.
This free sound editor is Ideal for journalists and other professionals who need to recordings on the go. WavePad Free makes it easy to edit, store, or send recordings so they are readily available wherever they are needed.
• Supports a number of file formats including wave and aiff
• Editing capabilities include cut, copy, paste, insert, trim and more
• Effects include amplify, normalize, echo and more
• Edit multiple audio file formats
• Supports auto-trim editing and voice activated recording
and sound-sketches easy and anywhere. This mini studio offers a lot of basic audio features to explore: jam to your imported or recorded loops, edit your audioclips, add effects like Delay and Chorus, share your session to Soundcloud and other platforms. In other words: a great tool for songwriters and other creative musicians!
* Four tracks available to record or import on
* Audio effects: Fuzz, Chorus, Delay, Equalizer, Reverb
* Sharing with SoundCloud, Google Drive, Gmail, DropBox etc.
* Import/Export your own music (MP3/WAV)
* Loop function (with snap to beat function)
* Record with metronome and count off
* Stereo panning
* Bounce tracks to free track-space
* Track editing
If you experience problems with the app, please check the F.A.Q. in the app or let us know about it by sending an email so we can try to fix it.
MP3 Decoding/Encoding specifics:
For mp3-import the app uses the JLayer-MP3 Library from the JLayer Project: http://www.javazoom.net/javalayer/javalayer.html.
For mp3-export the app uses LAME from the LAME Project:
ringtone maker: create free ringtone/alarm/notification from mp3 or aac file
audio conversion: wav to mp3 conversion, wma to mp3, m4a to mp3, mp3/wav/wma/m4a to aac conversion
audio extraction: extract mp3 from mp4 video
Android Audio Editor is a multi-functional tool for manage and edit your audio files. The three main functions are audio extraction, audio conversion and audio editor.
The audio editor allows you convert mp3 files to ringtone. It gives you access to the free ringtone world. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. You can select part of the mp3 file to save as mp3 ringtone.
The audio conversion allows you to convert wav/wma/m4a and other audio formats to mp3 or aac files. You can set the audio bitrate and sample rate, and convert only part of the original file. If you want us to support more formats, feel free to email us.
The audio extraction function allows you to extract mp3 from mp4 or other video formats.
In addition, you can also do audio recording, move media files from one folder to another, delete files, share files etc in single or batch mode.
android.permission.INTERNET : for ads display if pro key is not installed
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: for deciding if we can send out feedback
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: for ads display
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: for ads display
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: for store converted and edited files
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK: for conversion in background
android.permission.READ_LOGS: for collecting logs in case a conversion fails. Users will be asked if logs should be sent back every time.
android.permission.READ_CONTACTS: for assign ringtone to contacts
android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS: for assign ringtone to contacts
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS: for assign ringtone to contacts
1.Record all your audios into mp3, which can save a lot of space for you! You could only record hours of voice with the old one, but with the new one, you could record hundreds of hours!
2.Seven different options of audio qualities, you could choose a high quality audio to have a better sound, or choose low quality to save much more space.
3.Record audios in background, so that you can do other things while recording.
4.Easy to manage all the audio records. You could play, share, delete and view the detail of the records in a very easy way.
HD Audio Recorder Pro is a high quality voice recording app, store your recordings as voice memos and share them with your colleagues/friends, this application uses optimal voice recording settings to give you the best possible HD recording experience right out of the box.
1. HD Audio recording using AAC Audio encoding or 16 Bit PCM Encoding.
2. Simple UI, instant start, plain ICS theme for Android 3.0+ devices.
3. All the required functionality is in one screen and within the user's click.
4. Supported operations in Pro Version 1.0
a. Send/Share your recording.
b. Rename your recording.
c. Delete your recording right from the app.
d. Save the recording file as your phone's ringtone.
e. Help on how to get acquainted with all the features
5. A timer to monitor your recording time.
6. Click on the item in the list to play the file and long click to perform operations.
7. Record in either PCM or AAC formats.
8. Delete/Share multiple files at the same time
9. Fluid animation on the recording items.
10. Stealth recording mode by either switching off the screen or pressing the home button.
HQ Audio recorder v1.2.2,
Fixes recording bug
ActionBar implementation throughout the app
contextual ActionBar for selection of items in multiple selection activity.
- Unlimited record time and file size (only limited by your SDCard size), recorded file are saved at folder: sdcard/AudioRecorder.
- Simple and easy to use user interface, start fast
- Play the audio when you select it.
- Output format support 3gp/amr/mp4
- Long press the file will open option menu for other actions:
-- Play in another player
-- Rename file
-- Delete file
-- Send file via email/bluetooth/dropbox/other
- Status bar icon
- Support XOOM/Android 3.0/Android 3.1
- Option to use handset control start/stop recorder
It's much better than the default sound recorder application. Unleash the real quality of your Android device's microphone!
* Record to 3gp/amr files for lossless recording.
* Record in the background,(even when display is off), while you do other things!
* It's incredibly easy manage your recordings. Support for folders. Everything is also accessible via your device's external storage.
* Control the recorder from anywhere using the status bar. Recordings can also be pinned to the status bar.
* Save/pause/cancel recording process control.
* Timer recording
* Access the existing record files' list. Easy to playback/delete recrodings.
* Upload to cloud storage services, and etc.
Send a data as attached file via email.
This application is a handy tool for recording the sound. Give it a try!
This app is based on MiCode/SoundRecorder code, and licensed under the Apache License.
SoundRecorder code: https://github.com/MiCode/SoundRecorder
Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
Our sound recorder provides high quality recordings without limits of time (only limited by memory size).
You can use it as a regular dictaphone for record voice notes and memos, business meetings, interviews, lectures, speeches, concerts, sleep talking :) or anything else.
This audio recorder works well on smartphones and tablets, with and without external storage.
More features and details
• 3 Different audio formats: high quality PCM (wav), good quality AAC (mp4) and AMR (3gp) to save space
• Adjustable sample rate from phone quality (8 kHz) up to CD quality (44 kHz)
• Changeable bitrate from 32 up to 320 kbps
• Support for stereo and mono recording
• Live audio spectrum analyzer
• Recording in background even when screen is off
• Customizable recordings folder
• Selectable audio source (microphones or phone call)
NOTE: This app is not dedicated call recorder and may not work properly on some devices.
• Built-in user-friendly media player with volume control exactly like in a regular mp3 player
• Send and share via e-mail and other apps
• Rename and delete your recordings
• Set recording as ringtone, alarm or notification sound
• Open with option allows you to play and edit sounds in other apps
• Resizable widget displays your recordings and provides quick access to the app
• Control recorder and player from the status bar
• Blinking LED notification during recording and playing when screen is off (for devices with notifiation LED)
• Automatic stop when out of memory
• Stop recording or playing when active call
• Auto start recording
• Share and delete multiple files at the same time (long-click selection support)
• Sorting recordings by date, name, size and duration
• Saving sounds to android media library
• Visit SplendApps.com: http://splendapps.com/
• Contact Us: http://splendapps.com/contact-us
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/SplendApps
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SplendApps
• Google+: https://google.com/+Splendapps
miidio Recorder provides user the High Quality (uncompressed or MP3) audio recording. It doesn't have any recording length limitation. You may use it to record audio until out of storage.
Live-recording is supported. The recorder will display the options when you create a new audio with a plugged wired headset. You may hear your recording lively through the wired headset from phone.
All files will be saved at VoiceRecorder folder of your phone storage: /mnt/sdcard/VoiceRecorder/
MP3 Live encoding is supported by most of android phone, but low-ends phone may use PCM format for temporary format and transcode to MP3.
Linked with miidio Space which is a sharing service. With miidio Space, you may share recording URL through Facebook, twitter, Google+, etc. You may enable this feature (disabled by default) in setting page. While enabled, miidio Recorder will auth your Facebook account to generate a sharing URL for you. Please note, miidio will not post any message to your Facebook wall without your permission.
A new recorder widget is introdcued. You may tap any place of widget to start or stop record without opening miidio Recorder.
*. Audio recording: Wave, MP3
*. Audio playback: Wave, MP3
*. Audio file listing
*. File sharing through email, skype, bluetooth, etc.
*. Multiple file deletion
*. New multiple page UI
*. More options while recording
*. Set the recording as ringtone
*. Live recording
*. Japanese Translation
*. Notification icon
*. File Info Editor
*. File Tagging
*. Preference Page
*. Smooth UI
*. recorder widget
Save: for audio storage
Hardware Control: for recording
Wake Lock: for recording while the phone closes screen.
Network State: for ad
Internet: for ad and linking with wikipedia for tag completion
Write Settings (modify global system settings): for set recording as ringtone or notification sound.
★ This application is a handy tool for recording your meetings, music or talks, classes, personal notes and more! ★
✓ Recording formats: 3GP, WAV, MP4
✓ Support recording in the background (even when display is off)
✓ Save/pause/resume/cancel recording process control
✓ Sample rate options for better control of recording quality
✓ Manage existing recordings — play, rename, or delete them
✓ Save recordings to Sd Card
✓ Save recordings to Google Drive
✓ Remaining storage space showed on home screen
✓ Displays the recording status in the notification bar.
✓ Send and share the recordings.
✓ Selectable microphone (front or back/rear)
NOTE: This app is not call recorder.
Enjoy this handy sound/voice recorder, thank you!
iRig Recorder FREE is a powerful and flexible audio recording app for your Android device, which is convenient and easy to use. You can have a professional recording tool at your fingertips, anytime and anywhere, along with intuitive and practical editing functions and various export options to fit your audio needs — wherever your mobile life takes you.
iRig Recorder FREE comes with full recording features, one effect (unlocked after registration), and complete file-transfer and export functions. By adding the All Functionalities Bundle via in-app purchase, you unlock the complete feature set, which includes waveform editing, and 7 more powerful and easy-to-use effects. Other in-app bundles, which let you add editing or the full effects lineup are also available.
iRig Recorder FREE is the perfect companion to iRig MIC or iRig MIC Cast. Take iRig Recorder anywhere, along with either IK mic, to capture podcasts, interviews, concerts or any kind of sound — at home or in the field. If you already own a pro mic, you can use it with iRig Recorder by connecting it to your mobile device with iRig PRE, our mobile mic preamp.
iRig Recorder's intuitive editing tools let you cut, crop or loop your audio. The powerful effects processors optimize tone for speech or music, clean up background noise, brighten your voice for clarity, smooth it in harsh or overly bright recordings, or change the speed of your tracks without affecting pitch.
The effects are so easy to use that anyone — even without specific music or audio knowledge — can produce quality audio material in seconds with iRig Recorder FREE.
iRig Recorder FREE organizes your recordings by date and time and tags them with a geo location for easy and reliable file management. Recordings can be easily shared by e-mail and FTP, over Bluetooth, through USB cables, to internal storage, or via apps installed on the device. Files can be exported as CD-Quality WAV files, or as compressed .ogg files that range from 64 to 192 kbps.
Record your world with iRig Recorder!
iRig Recorder FREE features:
• Convenient, easy-to-use mobile recording and editing app: just launch the app and press record!
• The perfect companion to iRig MIC and iRig MIC Cast for your podcasts, interviews, concerts and field recordings
• Record into iRig Recorder with your own mic, connected to your mobile device through our iRig PRE preamp.
• One-touch recording
• Optimize Volume effect (unlocked after registration) automatically sets the optimal level
• Intuitive, non-destructive editing tools to cut, crop and loop your recordings (available via in-app purchase)
• Pitch- and time-based effects let you change the speed of your recordings without affecting pitch, to adapt your audio content to other media such as video (available via in-app purchase)
• Organizes your recordings by creation date and tags with geo location
• Export files as compressed .ogg or uncompressed .wav
• Recording time is only limited by the storage space on your Android device
• 8 intelligent effects automatically optimize your recordings — no audio knowledge required! (Optimize Volume unlocked after registration; all other effects available via in-app purchase)
1. Optimize Volume: automatically adjusts for optimal volume
2. Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization
3. Cleanup: automatically cleans up background noise
4. Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals
5. Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals
6. Speed Up: speeds up the recording without changing the pitch
7. Slow Down: slows down the recording without changing the pitch
8. Change Pitch: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration
For more information:
- zoom and scratch
- select, export, edit, undo
- copy, cut, paste
- fade in/out, reverse, normalize
- looped playback
- time markers
- variable speed
- record when locked
- up to 2h/file
- input gain and auto-gain
- compact home screen widget
- bluetooth support
- powerful file manager with folders
- send by mail, dropbox, etc..
- use front or back mic (if available)
- set engine samplerate, latency, ..
- rec/play/convert WAV, AIFF, OGG, FLAC
The MP3 codec is available as a free add-on from the website, under certain conditions.
A user manual is available from the menu.
Please visit the website for the FAQ, ChangeLog, video and more.
It allows you to visualize and listen to the magnetic field surrouding you, whether it comes from the planet, from electronic equipment, or other sources.
*** Realtime Graph ***
The magnetic field sensor is tri-dimensional. In other terms, there are 3 sensors, measuring the intensity of the magnetic field on 3 axes.
GaussWave displays the values using a unit called Gauss (G), and as curves with the corresponding colors.
Horizontal lines are placed every 0.1G. You can pinch in order to increase or decrease the graph scale.
*** Audio Feedback ***
In addition to visual information, the full version of GaussWave produces sound according to the intensity of the magnetic field on all three axes. Note: sound isn't available in the Lite version.
The synthesized sounds are actually notes, and because there are three streams, it resembles chords, which would be produced by some sort of flute.
Oh, and yeah, it sounds a bit magic. That's the point :-)
*** Compass ***
The compass on the left side is based on the X an Y axes, and thus useful when holding the device horizontally.
The compass on the right side (full version only) is based on the X an Z axes, which is better when holding the device vertically.