As you view live images from the camera in EOS Remote, you can remotely set the focus, adjust shooting values, and release the shutter.
You can also browse images on the camera's memory card, select images, and save them to your device.
Take EOS Remote along with your camera to enjoy photography in more ways.
- Access Wi-Fi–equipped EOS cameras wirelessly over a local network connection.
- Remotely adjust shooting values on EOS cameras: Av, Tv, ISO, and exposure values.
- Remotely select AF point positions, adjust focus, and release the shutter.
- Remotely browse, delete, and rate still images and movies shot with EOS cameras.
- Save images shot with EOS cameras to your device.
- Share images for which device-specific remote viewing restrictions have been configured on EOS cameras.
- Establish a direct connection with EOS cameras in Camera access point mode, in addition to Infrastructure mode connections.
New functions for version 1.3.0
- Support for new camera model EOS M3.
- Support for importing MP4 movies. (EOS M3 only)
- Support for Android terminals with NFC. (EOS M3 only)
- Support for saving original-size JPEG images.
- Improved camera setting function for remote shooting.
Canon EOS digital cameras
- EOS 6D (WG)/(W) , EOS 70D (W),EOS M2(W),EOS M3
Requires Android OS
- Android OS smartphone 2.3.3－2.3.7/4.0－5.0
- Android OS tablet 4.0－5.0
-Android OS smartphone/Android OS tablet
Supported File Formats
- JPEG, RAW, and MOV,MP4 files shot with compatible cameras
- MOV files shot with compatible cameras cannot be saved to your device.
- Compatible cameras cannot be accessed from multiple devices at once.
- Remote capture of movies is not supported.
Whether via infrared, by wire or via Bluetooth, DSLR Remote enables you to take timer controlled exposure series (e.g. for time lapse), long time exposures or exposure sequences in the context of High Dynamik Range photography. If you are not using a device with a supported built-in IR sender (see below) all you need is a small, inexpensive and easy to build hardware, which is then connected to the ear phone jack of your smartphone (and a commercially available Bluetooth stereo headset if you want remote control via Bluetooth). You will find detailed instructions on how to build the required hardware on the authors website (http://bitshift.bplaced.net).
Possible functions (among others) are:
1. Simple Remote control
2. Delayed Shots
3. Series of shots with fixed interval (e.g for time lapse)
4. Bulb exposures
5. Combinations from 2., 3. and 4.
6. High-Dynamic-Range-Sequences (HDR)
7. Time controlled HDR-Sequences (Combination of Timer and HDR)
8. Triggering of shots or start of Timer or HDR sequences by the ambient light sensor on your smartphone (keyword: light barrier)
9. Triggering of shots or start of Timer or HDR sequences by the internal or an external microphone
In various models Canon seems to limit the precision of the bulb mode to one second. So HDR exposures below 1 second and/or with a fraction of a second (as 1.5 sec) are rounded to the full second. DSLR Remote can't do anything about that! Reported models so far: 400D, 500D, 550D, 5D II.
Using a built-in IR sender:
DSLR Remote should work with the built-in IR sender of the followig devices (don't forget to choose the right camera brand and to switch your camera into remote mode):
- All Samsung devices with built-in IR sender
There seems to be a bug in some/all Samsung devices: in power saving mode the IR blaster doesn't work correctly! So, make sure to switch your device into normal (non-power saving) mode before using DSLR Remote.
- All HTC devices with built-in IR sender
For the time being only the LG G3 is supported by the LG QRemote API including sending raw IR data (see: http://developer.lge.com/MOBILE_HELP/topic/lge.mobilesdk.LGQRemote.api/html/Introduction/Introduction/Supported%20Devices.htm ).
Unfortunately, doesn't the Sony native IR API provide the feature needed by any remote app like DSLR Remote, as is deploying its own IR codes as data with the app. The only thing possible in the API is using codes learned from physical remotes or codes supplied with the phone/tablet. If your device doesn't run Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) or Kitkat can not support the built-in IR hardware of your device for the above mentioned reason, please use a IR dongle or cable release hardware as described on the DSLR Remote website.
With integration of the Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) IR API DSLR Remote should work with all devices with a built-in IR Blaster supported by the Kitkat IR API.
Using DSLR Remote hardware:
Caution: a few smartphone types do not output high enough volume on their ear phone jack to make the infrared harware work properly. In addition a few camera types (e.g. Canon EOS 550D) are still not properly controlled remotely via the infrared receiver. In that case you might want to choose the cable control (transistors) instead.
Supported camera brands when using as an infrared remote:
Canon, Fuji, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and Sony
If it doesn't work for you, feel free to contact the author, instead of voting one star. Contact informations are given below and on the authors website (http://bitshift.bplaced.net).
Remote Shot allow you to connect your Android Phone using one as camera and one as remote to see live stream preview.
Remote Shot works with all Android devices
* Bluetooth is run together on the same operating system.
* If Bluetooth is not turned on, the device does not connect.
- Connect 2 devices use one as camera and one as REMOTE.
- Bluetooth connection, no need internet connection you can take a shot while you are outdoor.
- LIVE PREVIEW STREAM, remote sees what camera see(available in FREE version).
- Front/Rear Camera.
- Flash Auto/on/off.
- Burst Shots. (3f / 7f / 10f / 15f)
- Self Timer. (3s / 7s / 10s / 15s)
- Setting a background-image in remote mode.
[How to use]
- Connect 2 devices by tap at Blue tooth sign.
- Choose your device to be Remote or Camera.
- Switch Your device for remote or camera in the blue tooth connection page.
- In Live preview you are control the camera.
- Put your camera device in right location.
- Look at live preview in your remote to adjust your location.
- Take photo.
- Picture will save in to camera devices.
Tag : Remote,camera,bluetooth,Timer,Burst Shot,LivePreview,photo,Remoteshot
- camera and video features
- 3 modes: camera, video recorder & panorama
- Pinch to zoom
- smart panorama shooting
- Countdown Timer
- Dynamic user interface (phone/tablet)
- Wide screen pictures
- Picture quality setting
- White balance settings(Incandescent, Fluorescent, Auto, Daylight,Cloudy)
- Screen mode settings(Action, Night, Sunset, Play)
- Location targeting
- Configurable volume keys
Although in the current market, there are have many kinds of camera applications, but we still think this android native application is the most efficient and able to meet a user needs. Here only as a supplement for those devices are not installed android native system provides an additional option.
The special permissions for use
HD Camera can remember your photos and videos location if you wish. Other apps can access this information along with your saved images.
After you take a photo, you can share with others. HD Camera need to read the contacts information and help you share photos via email, SMS, or other apps.
This app is based on native android camera code, and licensed under the Apache License.
Apache Licens: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
Communication takes place directly between two devices equipped with this software, communication doesn't result in any charges, but distance is limited.
Systems equipped with Java software can control camera on mobile device using Remote Camera Java app, http://programy.jastrzab.com/remote_camera/
How to use it ?
1. instal app on both devices
2. on first device turn on Server
3. on second device, find device with name or address that matches to first device name or address and tap on it to establish connection
4. if connected, you can make pictures or just see what first device is seeing but on second device
Remember about !
● To communicate using Bluetooth mode, device must be equipped with Bluetooth
● To communicate using Wifi mode, device must be equipped with WIFI
● Pictures are always saved on server device
● Device acting as server can consume large amount of power so without access to power source working time may be limited
● Electromagnetic interference, obstacles and distance can cause communication problems even connection break
● Preview smoothness depends on device and connection performance
● Devices must be within the communication range or in the same network for WIFI connection
● Bluetooth adapter must be enabled and devices must be paired for Bluetooth connection
● On devices with android older than 3.0, device acting as server can only transmit preview, cannot take pictures
● To activate autofocus press shutter longer and release to take picture, short press will take picture immediately without autofocus
● To unpin floating preview window, double-tap
Have problem ?
● If server device is not on the clients list you probably will need to pair devices for Bluetooth connection or be within the same network for Wifi connection
● If for some reason in WIfi mode, server isn't visible on clients list, need to enter address manually by clicking on Connect item
● If preview is stopped try to reconnect, if connection will be unsuccessful then restart server
How Wifi discovering works ?
● Discovering is active only if user is present, this means when app is visible, screen is on and device is unlocked and if active connection mode is WIFI
● Only if app is acting as server will broadcast address
● If server is disabled app is listening for incoming broadcast from other device but without broadcasting
● Discovering mode works only for devices in the same network segment in other words in the same subnet
For Android Wear users ONLY -- will not work on other types of watches.
By Dheera Venkatraman
Source code: https://github.com/dheera/android-wearcamera
Mount your cell phone on something and use it to take better selfies, group shots, watch a live stream of your kitchen pot, cat, or anything else as long as you have Bluetooth range.
Touch the watch face to take a picture. Swipe right to close. Swipe left for options including switching cameras, flash control, and self timer. More features to come soon, but feel free to fork and hack at the code yourself and share your contributions as this is an open source project.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket!
- Wi-Fi support (Nikon WT and Canon WFT modules, Canon 6D, Nikon D7100 etc.)
- Automated focus bracketing (focus bracketing, exposure bracketing and time lapse shooting can be combined in any way possible)
- Focus stacking result preview
- Extra long exposures - up to 32 min (all Canon cameras, Nikon D750 / Df / D600 / D610 / D800 / D810 / D4 / D4s / D7100 / D5200 / D5300)
- Advanced exposure bracketing
- Image review
- Geotagging (on devices with GPS receiver)
- Full screen Live View
- Focus areas highlighting
- Live View noise averaging
- Time lapse shooting
- Video recording
- Burst (continuous) shooting
- Hyper focal distance and DOF calculator
- Live histogram (gray/RGB)
Please see more information at http://heliconsoft.com/heliconremote.html about desktop version of Helicon Remote
- Android 3.1+
- USB host (USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket). Note that some Android devices have limited USB support. Those will not detect cameras, even if they detect other devices like USB sticks or mice successfully
- Touch screen
Note: Motorola Droid phones need externally powered USB hub/dock station. Many HTC devices don't seem to have USB host at all.
Canon: 1200D / T5 / Kiss X70, 70D, 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7, 700D / T5i / Kiss X7i, 6D, 5D Mk III, 1D X, 7D, 5D Mk II, 1D Mk IV, 1D Mk III, 1Ds Mk III, 60D, 50D, 40D, 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6, 600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5, 1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50, 1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F, 550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4, 500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3, 450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2
Nikon: D750, D810, D4s, Df, D610, D5300, D600, D7100, D5200, D800/D800e, D4, D3, D3s, D3x, D7000, D5000, D5100, D700, D300/D300s, D90 (D3000, D3100 and D3200 are not supported).
Video recording: Nikon D5100 / D5200 / D5300 / D7000 / D7100 / D800 / D810 / D600 / D610 / D750 / D4 / D4s, Canon 1d Mk IV / 5D Mk II / 5D Mk III / 7D / 60D / 70D / 500D / 550D / 1100D / 600D / 650D / 700D / 6D / 1200D
Limitations: free (unregistered) version does not allow to shoot in RAW format. A license can be purchased from http://heliconsoft.com or via menu/Register button from within Helicon Remote.
Wi-Fi support is also present, if your camera supports Wi-Fi or you are using a go-between like the MR3040 - see further details on the DSLR Controller website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on how to setup the Wi-Fi connection.
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** IF YOUR DEVICE IS NOT COMPATIBLE THIS IS NOT MY OR THE SOFTWARES FAULT - YOUR PHONE IS MISSING NEEDED SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE ! ***
Remote releasing is using a remote control to activate the shutter of the camera. This is to prevent shaking the camera, and is often used with bulb shots and/or tripods.
This app is the little (free) brother of DSLR Controller; see http://dslrcontroller.com/ and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller
Remote Release also has a discussion thread on XDA-Developers.com:
---- Features ----
- Activate the camera's shutter button from your phone over USB, just like using a remote release cable
- Enable/Disable Auto-Focus *
- Support for bulb shots (hold shutter button) *
- Support for continuous shooting (hold shutter button) *
* Depends on camera model. Requires a DryOS based camera. See DSLR Controller's device compatibility page ( http://dslrcontroller.com/devices.php )
---- Requirements ----
- An Android device with an ARMv7-A or newer CPU architecture (virtually all 1ghz+ devices)
- Supported Canon EOS DSLR
When connecting over USB:
- Not rooted: Android 3.1 or higher with USB host kernel+API support **
- Rooted: Android 2.3.1 or higher with USB host kernel support **
- The correct USB adapter, if applicable
** USB host kernel support can usually be determined by connecting a USB stick to your device, and seeing if the device recognizes it.
---- Devices ----
Please see DSLR Controller's supported devices page ( http://dslrcontroller.com/devices.php ) for device compatibility information.
----- Usage -----
-- Getting started --
- Install the application.
- Connect your camera to the phone/tablet, and turn it on. Half-press the shutter button if it was already on.
- If a popup comes up that offers to open Remote Release, press it, and move on to "Operation" below.
- If a popup does not come up, manually start Remote Release. A Superuser popup should appear, click allow. If this took more than a few seconds, Remote Release will complain it cannot find a camera, regardless if you have one connected or not. Exit the app, half-press the shutter button on the camera, then restart the app.
- If a popup appears that tells you your device is not compatible, this is the end of the line for you.
-- Operation --
After you have connected your camera and started the app, the app will show you the following:
- Camera model
- Current shutter setting (depending on camera mode)
- Current aperture setting (depending on camera mode)
- Current ISO setting (depending on camera mode)
- Current drive mode setting
Below that you will see three buttons:
- Auto-Focus button
- Shutter button
- Button to open DSLR Controller in the Market
If your lens is set to Auto-Focus and you are using a DryOS based camera, you can use the Auto-Focus button to select if focusing is triggered by pressing the shutter button. By default it is, but it is not always desired. If your lens is set to Manual-Focus, this setting has no effect.
Pressing the shutter button will take a picture on your camera. If the camera is set to bulb mode or to continuous shooting, press-and-hold the shutter button - the bulb/continuous capture will stop once you remove your finger from the screen.
Blocking out a scene or scouting a location? Now you have hundreds of cameras right in your pocket! Select your camera and aspect ratio, then choose between zoom and prime lenses and Cadrage Director's Viewfinder will show you what’s in your frame by simulating the field of view of your camera/lens combination. It’s an indispensable tool for directors, cinematographers, camera operators, camera assistants, location scouts, photographers and all other filmmaking and photography professionals.
Cadrage has a built-in gallery and project manager to organize your snapshots. All important information like format, focal length, compass orientation and GPS data can be displayed for each snapshot in the gallery. From there you can also email them or export images to the camera roll of your device.
We included all commonly used professional camera formats (see list below), but in case you don’t find your camera in the database, you can easily create custom formats. Cadrage supports spherical, anamorphic 1.3x and anamorphic 2x lenses.
Cadrage also has a built-in calibration tool for your device's camera. This is essential for accurate previews and also allows the use of any wide-angle or telephoto adapters on your phone.
- Extensive format database for film and still cameras
- Snapshots with format, focal length, title, compass orientation, GPS data, date and time
- Gallery and project manager to organize your images
- High accuracy through calibration tool
- Intuitive and fast user interface
When you purchase Cadrage your director's viewfinder will always be up-to-date. We regularly add new cameras to the database and work on new features that make using Cadrage even more convenient. If you’re experiencing any problems with the app or if you’re missing a certain feature please get in touch with us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org! We're happy to help you!
CAMERA FORMATS INCLUDED
----- FILM -----
35mm (Super, Standard, Anamorphic)
16mm (Normal, Super)
8mm (Normal, Super)
----- DIGITAL CINEMA -----
(including all resolutions and shooting modes)
Blackmagic Cinema Camera
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Blackmagic Studio Camera HD / 4K
Canon C100 / C300 / C500
Ikonoskop A cam dII
Phantom HD Gold
Sony F5 / F55
Sony F3 / F35
Sony FS100 / FS700
Generic Broadcast Cameras (1/3'', 1/2'', 2/3'')
----- DSLRs -----
(both for still photography and video mode)
Canon DSLRs (eg. Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, Canon 550D/T2i)
Nikon DSLRs (eg. Nikon D4, Nikon D3x, Nikon D800)
Panasonic DSLRs (eg. GH3, GH4)
Sony DSLRs (eg. A7s)
and many more...
----- Medium and Large Format -----
Medium Format 4.5x6
Medium Format 6x6
Medium Format 6x7
Medium Format 6x8
Medium Format 6x9
Large Format 4"x5"
Large Format 5"x7"
Large Format 8"x10"
Digital medium format by Hasselblad, Phase One and Pentax
Main functions of the application are as follows:
Allows you to remotely operate your camera with your smartphone to capture images.
Send to Smartphone
Allows you to select and send still images or video clips captured with your camera to your smartphone. After sending the images or clips to your smartphone, you can forward them easily to SNS.
Launch Scene App
Allows you to launch the Scene photo app easily.
Compatible digital camera:
EX-100, EX-10, EX-ZR850, EX-TR50, EX-TR35, EX-TR15, EX-ZR50
Android 4.0 - 4.4
A compatible digital camera is required to run this application.
For details on how to operate this application on the EX-TR15, visit the EXILIM Remote website at http://www.exilim.com/app/en/
Connection with the camera may be affected when using a smartphone or other device with a function for “automatically switching Wi-Fi networks (Auto network switch)”. Please disable the function (Auto network switch).
PLEASE READ: this app does not turn your smartphone into an external monitor.
The customized camera window will help you to see the exact framing of your future shot. Just select the focal length of the lens and choose if you will be using the Focal Reducer / Booster. Note that only x0.72 booster is supported.
This app will help you to estimate your future shots even without the camera proper, only having your smartphone / tablet in your hand.
If you want, you may save the picture you see in your camera for future reference. Note that the number of captured frames is limited in this free app.
There is a constant middle-speed auto focus engaged to keep your images focused.
The app has ads in it.
To get rid of ads, increase the scope of supported cameras to Black Magic Cinema, 4K cameras, as well to Canon, Nikon and 4/3 formats, to use all available boosters and to capture frames without limit please purchase to advanced Magic Universal ViewFinder app.
Please keep in mind that this app will perform best on the devices oriented for HD or Full HD display. On older and smaller devices this program may perform awkwardly.
Please read the description and manual at: http://dev.kadru.net/index_VF.html
★ Works ONLY with
- Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets with the built-in IR blaster
- or with newest HTC, Sony, LG etc phones and tablets with the built-in IR blaster AND Android >4.4 KitKat or newer version with native IR support.
★ NO additional hardware is needed
★ Supported cameras: Canon, Fuji, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and Sony
NB! With some phones in power saving mode or with almost empty battery the IR sender might not work.
If this app doesn't work with your phone then poor rating certainly doesn't motivate me to fix bugs or implement new features. Instead feel free to e-mail me (your exact camera and phone model).
◎ Supported models will be updated continuously.
◎ Android Versions 2.3/4.0 supported
◎ Recommended Smartphone Galaxy S3/S4
◎ Current compatible with such models as:
-SNH-1010N, SNH-1011N, SNH-P6410BN, SNH-E6411BN, SNH-E6440BN
- View Live Video
- Supported format: H.264
- Event alarm notification service
- Easy video monitoring in the 3G mobile and Wi-Fi environment
- Two-way audio communication
◎ This application uses FFmpeg and SDL under LGPL v2.1
◎ The device can limit the number of users depending on network traffic status.
◎ Audio playback may not be smooth in HQ mode. In this case, we recommend to operate in normal mode.
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Choice of focus modes (including macro, and a "manual" focus mode which only focuses when you touch the screen).
* Touch to select focus area and metering area (metering area is used to determine exposure).
* Face detection option.
* Support for flash, torch, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation and exposure lock.
* Video recording (with optional audio, and support for video stabilization).
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
* Timer option.
* Auto-repeat mode, with configurable delay.
* Option to optimise GUI for left and right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys (to take picture, focus, zoom, change exposure compensation, turn auto-stabilise on/off).
* Choice of save folder (though note Google have blocked write access to external SD cards in Android 4.4, see http://bit.ly/1eTBWCx ).
* Configurable on-screen display shows battery, time, remaining device memory, orientation and direction of camera; also option to overlay a choice of grids (including "rule of thirds") and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Option to apply a date and timestamp to photos, and also to stamp photos with the location coordinates.
* Support for external microphones (may not be supported by all devices).
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Small file size.
* Completely free and ad-free, unlike most Android apps. Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware features, or the Android version.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=harman.mark.donation . Thanks!
Please contact me if you encounter any problems, or have any suggestions for improvements - either email, or post at https://sourceforge.net/p/opencamera/discussion/ .
* I've had reports of problems on CyanogenMod (CM11) - unfortunately I don't have any CM11 devices to test on, and CyanogenMod doesn't appear to offer any means of testing without a real device (e.g., no emulator AVD images, no remote device testing), so I have no way of supporting this.
[App icon from https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/81087/ mb_photo_icon , by Yankoa http://yankoa.deviantart.com/ under CC BY 3.0 ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ )]
*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the "Remote Release" app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View
- Auto Focus (tap Live View)
- Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
- Zoom control
- Grid and aspect ratio overlay
- Bulb capture
- Continuous capture
- Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
- Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
- Video recording
- HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
- Focus A-B
- Mirror Lockup support
- Timelapse (incl. HDR)
- Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Extensive modification of settings
-- Shutter speed
-- ExpComp and Bracket
-- ISO speed
-- Auto-Focus Mode
-- Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
-- Picture Style
-- Drive Mode
-- White Balance
-- Color Temperature
-- Auto-Lighting Optimizer
-- Metering Mode
-- Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
If you are connecting using Wi-Fi, virtually all 1ghz+ Android devices are supported (your camera needs Wi-Fi support, though). If you are connecting over USB, your device needs USB host support. Compatibility listed below is based on USB support. Most unlisted but recent devices will be compatible, but not all.
A more extensive and detailed list is available at our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on the devices page. We always welcome information on devices that are not listed on our page.
For most devices you need a USB host ("OTG") cable, for some you need a special adapter. Not all devices are supported on all firmware versions. See the devices page on our web site for further details on both.
Supported popular Android devices (USB)
- Nexus: Galaxy, 7, 7 2013, 10
- Samsung: S2 (4.0+), S3, S4 (4.3+)
- Samsung: Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014
- Samsung: Tab 8.9", Tab 10.1", Tab 2 7", Tab 2 10", Tab 3 7"
- HTC: One X (4.1+), One X+ (4.1)+, One (4.3+)
*Not* supported popular Android devices
- Nexus: 4
- Samsung: Low end devices, Mini series
- HTC: Anything before HTC One X
Some of these can be made to work with some hackery (root, custom kernels - not supported), but don't work out-of-the-box.
Supported Canon EOS models:
- Full support: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 70D, 700D, 750D, 1100D
- Limited support: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
- No support: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!
If you have any issues please email us anytime for support. We are very happy to help!
By selecting your camera, an aspect ratio and a list of lenses, Artemis allows you to compose shots with the same field of view as the camera/lenses you will be shooting with. You can then save images, complete with focal length, GPS data, compass heading, tilt and roll, date and time, camera/lens information, and much more. A great tool for any level of filmmaker, Artemis is perfect for location scouting, storyboarding, blocking, rehearsal and preproduction.
For lenses wider than the your devices camera's field of view, Artemis adds "padding" on the screen. While this is not ideal, it's our best solution for getting around the limitations of the camera in your device.
Artemis has been field tested with every camera in our database to make sure that the field of view is correct. No other multiformat director's viewfinder has as many camera specific formats or lens sets.
Please note that field of view is measured from the "nodal point", roughly mid way down the length of the lens, in keeping with the method used by lens manufacturers.
***Major update coming soon! With new user interface, custom camera calibration, custom lenses, and many other new useful features!***
Camera Formats Include:
35mm Film Standard, Super & Anamorphic
16mm Film Standard, Super & 1.3 Anamorphic
8mm Film Standard, Super, 1.36 & 1.44
ARRI Alexa, Alexa Plus, Studio, D-21
RED One, Red Epic, Scarlet
Sony F35, F3, F65, NEX-10
Canon 1D, 5DMkII & 7D, C300
Nikon D seires
-High Speed Digital-
Phantom HD, 7.3, 710, 9.0, 10, Flex
Sony EX3 & EX1
Sony HDR-FX1, HDR-Z1U
*Also you can add any Custom Camera manually*
Lens Sets Included:
Generic 35mm & 16mm Lenses
Panavision Primo Digital
Panavision System 65
Zeiss Master Primes
Zeiss Super Speed
Zeiss Ultra Primes
Zeiss SLR Lenses
Zeiss/Arriflex 65mm primes
Zeiss Compact Primes
Elite S series Mk1v
Hawk V-Lite 1.3x Anamorphics
Canon EF Compatible
Generic DSLR Lenses
Bausch & Lomb Super Balter
Schneider Cine-Xenar MkII
Nikon Dx & Fx Compatible
And many others...
If your camera format or desired lens set isn't included or you believe a camera format isn't working for you, we include a custom camera feature that allows you to configure Artemis to any camera system. You can even send us the format data and we may include it in our next update.
PLEASE, DON'T BE SHY
If you have ANY problems or Artemis DOESN"T somehow perform as you expect, EMAIL US. Most issues are easily resolved, please report them to us, with as much detail as to what you were doing at the time of the issue. We really value your feedback and are always willing to accomodate our customers.
-Some Sony Xperia devices have trouble calculating FOV of on board camera automatically. Manually enter in settings:
H - 51.2
V - 39.4
To fix issue.
*If you like the app, please rate it.* THANKS!!
Email us anytime for support:
-Chemical Wedding Team-
integrated three existing apps to save time and effort. When using your Samsung SMART CAMERA, the app automatically connects to your smartphone for convenience. And you can launch a trio of SMART CAMERA apps (AutoShare, MobileLink, and Remote Viewfinder) from your smartphone with a single touch.
- You can only connect to Samsung cameras manufactured in 2013 or later. ( DV150F, ST150F, WB200F, WB250F, WB30F, WB800F, WB350F, NX300, NX300M, NX30, NX mini, Galaxy Camera, Galaxy S4 zoom, Galaxy NX )
- You can use the application on Android phones with resolutions of WVGA or higher running Android OS 3.0 or higher.
- This application is not available for some Android devices.
- If you experience issues connecting the camera with your smartphone on Android OS version 4.3 or higher,
the following should correct the issue.
(Note, the menus and options may vary depending on the smartphone manufacturer and telecom operator)
Go to: Settings → Wi-Fi → Advanced.
From there make sure “Auto switch between Wi-Fi networks and mobile networks” is not checked.
This option may be titled “Auto network switch” or “Check for Internet service” depending on OS version and telecom operator. With this option not selected the issue should be corrected.
- Provides preview function of photos stored in Samsung SMART Camera
- Provides wireless-multiple copy function of photos and videos stored in Samsung SMART Camera
- Wirelessly connect Samsung SMART Camera and Android Smartphone by using Application
- View, select and copy selected files wirelessly by using Application
- Copy original files stored in SMART Camera to Android Smartphone
- Android version : 2.2(Froyo) or higher, display WVGA(320*480) or higher
- Supported Samsung SMART camera : WB850F, WB150F, DV300F, ST200F and other Wi-Fi applied models from 2012
( May not operate normally in some devices.)
From the latest product information on the Samsung SMART CAMERA NX System to beautiful sample photos, videos and more.
1. Live Video Monitoring
- Stream video from your smart camera to your smartphone.
2. Sound Detection
- The smart camera will detect noise, such as a baby crying, and send an alarm to the smartphone.
3. Light On/Off
- When the light conditions are low, you can use your smart phone to turn on the camera’s AF assist light and make the video brighter.
- This application is compatible with Samsung cameras manufactured in 2014 or later (for example, WB350F).
- You can use this application on phones running Android OS 2.3.3 that support WVGA or higher resolutions.
- This application may not be compatible with some Android devices.
'Samsung Camera Manager' works in conjunction with the latest wireless sharing features found in the newest Samsung Smart Cameras including the NX1.
With this app installed, your smart camera and mobile device are easily paired for fast and easy image sharing.
1. Quick connection between Samsung Smart Camera and mobile devices
- Using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices can always be connected
- Copy selected photos from the Samsung Smart Camera to the mobile device
- Upload & share photos taken by the Samsung Smart Camera via the mobile device
3. Remote Viewfinder (Pro)
- See the live view of the Samsung Smart Camera on your mobile device
- Remotely control & operate the Samsung Smart Camera from your mobile device
4. Quick Transfer
- Transfer thumbnail images to mobile device instantly after taking picture
5. Auto GPS Tagging
- Automatically add GPS data to images taken by the Samsung Smart Camera when the smart camera and mobile device are connected
6. Auto Time Setting
- Automatic date and time setting on the Samsung Smart Camera via GPS data received from the connected mobile device
- no need to set the date and time even when traveling abroad
- The NX1 and special Samsung Cameras launched after September 2014
- You can use this application on Android phones with Android OS 4.2.2 or later
- This application is not available for some Android devices
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- The latest Samsung Galaxy phone is recommended for best connection speeds
- If you experience issues connecting the camera with your smartphone on Android OS version 4.2.2 or higher, the following should correct the issue.
(Note, the menus and options may vary depending on the smartphone manufacturer and telecom operator)
Go to: Settings → Wi-Fi → Advanced.
From there make sure "Auto switch between Wi-Fi networks and mobile networks" is not checked.
This option may be titled "Auto network switch" or "Check for Internet service" depending on OS version and telecom operator. With this option not selected the issue should be corrected.
- Install Remote Viewfinder App to your Smartphone and experience a new way of capturing images. With this app the Samsung GALAXY Camera can be controlled remotely from your Smartphone.
- Provides real time wireless live viewing of the GALAXY Camera preview screen on your Smartphone
- Provides control of the Shutter release, Zoom, Timer, Flash and Resolution of Samsung GALAXY Camera on your Smartphone
- Using this App on your Smartphone allows you to capture and save images on the Samsung GALAXY Camera
- When saving the images, the camera can also store location information provided by your Smartphone's GPS
- Provides remote controlling function for camera settings such as zoom
- Smartphone also receives thumbnails of captured images
* Compatible Devices
- Android version 2.3(Gingerbread) or higher, display WVGA (320x480) or higher
- Supports Samsung GALAXY Camera models from 2012
(May not operate normally in some devices.)
From the latest product information on the Samsung SMART CAMERA NX System to beautiful sample photos, videos and more.
The 'Home Monitor +' feature can be used with a smartphone that is connected to the internet indoor or outdoor – it’s activated by sound or vibration coming from home and then the video is streamed in real time (Time delay may occurred).
The user has to have Samsung account to use Home monitor + feature.
1. Sound Detection Alarm
- The smart camera will detect sound and noise and send an alarm to the smartphone
2. Real Time Video Monitoring
- You can see live streaming video on your smartphone through the smart camera
3. Light On/Off
- When the light conditions are low you can enable the AF assist light on the camera via smartphone to brighten the transmitted video.
- This application is compatible with special Samsung cameras manufactured in May, 2014 or later. (NX3000 etc)
- You can use this application on Android phones with WVGA resolution or higher and Android OS 4.0 or later.
- This application is not available for some Android devices
-Watch a preview image from the Samsung SH100 directly on your Smartphone/Tablet via Wi-Fi streaming
-Control parameters; Timer, Flash and Photo-size
-Focus on objects and Capture Photos in any position
-Geo-tag photos with your Smartphone/Tablet GPS
The only thing you have to do is activate the application in your Smartphone/Tablet and Camera.
* Photo will be saved both on your Camera (10MP/2MP Selectable Size) and on your Smartphone/Tablet (2MP Size) simultaneously
** This feature will be supported by Android 2.2 or higher Galaxy Series, Galaxy-Tab.