You can see exactly the same screen displayed on your smartphone or tablet on the other device. Then drag and drop files, type text messages on your keyboard, and much more.
1. Install SideSync 3.0 on your PC and your Android device.
- PC: SideSync is pre-installed
- Android device: install SideSync 3.0 app
2. Run the software on your PC and your Android device.
- PC: run SideSync 3.0
- Android device: run SideSync 3.0 app
3. Connect your Android device to your PC with a USB cable or connect the devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
Mode 1) Keyboard & Mouse Sharing
In Keyboard & Mouse Sharing mode you can use an Android device as an extra monitor and easily control it with your PC's mouse and keyboard.
In SideSync Settings, set the location of the Android device, and then move the mouse cursor across so it appears on the Android device's screen.
The cursor will appear on the Android device enabling you to control it with the mouse and keyboard without having to touch the screen. If you want to operate the PC again, move the cursor across to the PC monitor and carry on as usual.
Now, try using both the mobile device and the PC simultaneously.
* This mode is available when a Galaxy smartphone is connected to a PC.
Mode 2) Phone Screen Sharing
Phone Screen Sharing mode allows you to view the screen of the Android device on your PC monitor. Use the virtual screen via your PC to control your Android device.
SideSync enables you to control the size of the virtual screen and avoids overlapping the windows of other programs.
* This mode is available when a Galaxy smartphone is connected to a PC or a Galaxy Tab.
■ Supported PCs
- All PCs (OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8)
■ Supported Android Devices
- All Samsung Android devices with a supported OS (Galaxy smartphones, tablets)
· Supported Android OS: KitKat and above
■ Supported Models
- Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4(*)
- Galaxy NotePro (12.2), Galaxy TabPro (8.4/10.1/12.2), Galaxy Tab 4 (8.0/10.1)
· * Some devices will follow later.
- When you are using Note2 NE6 version, please update your phone with latest firmware.
- Note3, S3, S4 does not support Drag&Drop file transfer function.
- Some features that use NFC, sensors in smart phones will not work in mirrored tablet or PC.
Participation in this program is by invitation only.
If you have installed this application by mistake and do not have the activation password, please follow the steps below to uninstall the application.
1) Launch "Samsung Mobile Insights" application. Tap on "Cancel" button.
2) Go to Settings -> Application Manager. Tap on "Samsung Mobile Insights". Tap on "Uninstall" and tap on "OK".
You will need Samsung TecTile NFC Programmable Tags to use with this app. You can buy tags in your mobile phone store, or from http://www.samsung.com/us/tectile The official Samsung TecTile website and store.
If the TecTile application download fails to initiate, please exit, re-tap the Samsung TecTile and select Google Play as the download option or download directly from the Google Play store.
Settings & Apps:
Change Phone Settings
Make a tag to set your phone up the way you like it when you get to work, or when you get in your car.
Switch Phone Profiles
Switch between pre-defined or custom profiles. Create a “meeting” TecTile and put it on the conference room table that will have mute one person's phone while letting another person set their phone to vibrate.
Launch an App
Make a tag to launch any app you have on your phone. You can even set music volume for music players or internet radio applications.
Toggle Music Playback
Make a tag to toggle between playing music or pausing music.
Join a WiFi Network
Make a tag that will connect a phone to your WiFi network. Great for visitors to scan when they arrive!
Show a Message
Make a tag that shows a message to whoever scans it.
Play a Track
Choose your favorite song and make a tag to play that tune at the tap of a TecTile!
Phone & Text:
Make a Call
Make a tag that'll bring up the phone ready to make a call to the number you choose. This is the 'Call Mom' tag.
Send a Text Message
Make a tag that'll send an SMS to the number you choose. This is the 'Honey, I'm Home' tag.
Send an Email Message
Make a tag that’ll send an email to the contact you choose.
Share a Contact
Make a tag that shares a contact's details. Great as a way to exchange business cards.
Start a Google Talk Conversation
Make a tag which will start a Google Talk conversation with the Google Talk user that you choose.
Make a tag which will forward all of your calls to another phone number.
Location & Web:
Show an Address or Location
Make a tag that'll bring up a map of an address or location.
Foursquare Check In
Make a tag that checks the reader into the Foursquare venue that you choose. Put this tag on your reception desk or next to your register.
Facebook Places Check In
Make a tag that checks the reader into the Facebook Place that you choose. Put this tag on your reception desk or next to your register.
Show a Google Place
Make a tag that shows a Google Place. Find all of the information you want about your favorite store or restaurant – all with a simple tap.
Send a Glympse
Make a tag that shares your current location for a set duration of time. Great for letting your friends know exactly how close you are to the party.
Open a Web Page
Make a tag that shows a web page.
Save a Bookmark
Make a tag that adds a link to a website in the user’s browser. For business owners, this is a great way to promote your website or link to a weekly specials.
Update Facebook Status
Make a tag that updates the Facebook status of the reader.
Make a tag so the reader can Like the link you supply.
Tweet a Status
Make a tag which will tweet the message you choose.
Follow a Twitter User
Make a tag which will let the reader follow the Twitter user you choose.
Update Google+ Status
Make a tag that updates the Google+ status of the reader.
Connect on LinkedIn
Make a tag which will connect the reader with the LinkedIn user you choose.