RED - disabled
BLUE - enabled
GREEN - connected
Toggle Widgets Pack - Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, Silent, Auto Rotate, Brightness, Airplane, 2G/3G
Toggle Widgets Panel - our new app!!!
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
**If you are having problems seeing the widget, please try recreating the widget or reinstalling. Necessary code updates may require this action, sorry!
The icon as well as the switch changes with state changes on the phone - when enabling or disabling.
This is a widget. Long press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Wifi Toggle Widget.
Please check out my other applications!
It's a very useful application if you frequently forget to turn WiFi off when leaving a hotspot, or if you want to automatically switch from mobile data to WiFi to conserve battery whenever you're back into a hotspot.
Here are some of cool features Smart WiFi Toggler has to offer:
- Automatically learns your WiFi hotspot locations.
- Turns WiFi off when disconnected from WiFi network.
- Automatically turns WiFi on when near a known hotspot.
- Uses your network location. No GPS battery drain.
- Provides the ability to control "auto-connect" behavior for each hotspot.
- Ability to lock WiFi to a disabled state.
- Warning notification and auto-locking WiFi when a hotspot is down.
- WiFi Hopper: Jump from a weak hot spot to a strong one.
- Toggle network mode on CM based ROMs.
- History, logging, and a troubleshooting screen in case you face any problems.
There is an extensive help section with the app, so be sure to check it out if you have any questions.
Hope you enjoy using Smart WiFi Toggler as much as I enjoyed building it!
Please read the below notes
Note 1: This app requires "mobile network location" access to be enabled on your device.
Note 2: Persistent mode shows a notification icon. If you don't want the icon, disable persistent mode.
Note 3: On some devices WiFi Sleep Policy causes incorrect behavior. Please set this to always keep WiFi on. To do that, go to Android Settings --\ WiFi --\ Advanced (menu).
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: To determine your network location.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: To check WiFi state.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To check the network state.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: For logging.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: For toggling WiFi.
- WAKE_LOCK: For waking the device up in scheduled mode.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To run on start-up.
- LISTEN_SIGNAL_STRENGTHS: To determine the cell signal strength.
- INTERNET: To receive ads. Yes, this app has ads!
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: To toggle the data connection.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: To detect if there's a call in progress.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_MODE: Valid for CM ROMs only.
Want to help translate? Visit http://osmehgo.oneskyapp.com/
Keywords: intelligent, automatic, auto, wifi, wireless, wi-fi, hotspot, network, toggle, switch, 2G, 3G, battery, power, juice, conserve, drain, location, cell, gps, manager, manage
You can also add shortcut to your own apps into the notification bar!
In the settings, you can choose which notifications should be active. All icons & colors can easily be changed through the app for full customization!
• Not every toggle will work on every device
• Some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the Android settings
• Exclude from task-killers!
• If your device is rooted, you can install the app in /system/app for direct GPS toggle even on Android 2.3+ and more
• The app can not remove the build-in toggle notification on Samsung phones
• Having the "TalkBack" bug? Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28842919&postcount=776
• Please read the FAQ in the app before posting a review
Available toggles & shortcuts:
• Sound / Vibration, Sound / Silent, Sound menu
• Brightness mode / menu / 5 predefined stages
• Screen timeout dialog
• Wake lock
• Flight mode
• Mobile data
• Flashlight (might require "TeslaLED" app)
• Sync & Sync now
• WiFi- & USB-Tethering
• Music: previous / next / pause
• WiFi settings / advanced settings
• Bluetooth settings, Bluetooth visbility
• Mobile data settings
• Data usage
• next Wallpaper (requires "Wallpaper Changer" app)
• Lockscreen (requires "Delayed Lock" app)
• Shutdown & Reboot (requires root)
• own apps & shortcuts (shortcuts feature requires an in-app purchase)
This awesome app icon is made by http://www.graphical360.com :)
If you don't like the default icons, click on 'Icons & Colors' and use your own icons or use the 'Icon Downloader for NT' app do download alternative icons made by xda users.
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - toggle GPS on Android 2.2 devices
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - toggle wifi tethering
BILLING - for in-app billing
BLUETOOTH_ADMIN & BLUETOOTH - toggle Bluetooth
CALL_PHONE - direct call contacts from notification
CAMERA & FLASHLIGHT - turn on camera flashlight
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE - toggle mobile data on 2.3+
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE & ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - toggle WiFi
EXPAND_STATUS_BAR - to close the status bar on ICS devices
MANAGE_USB - toggle usb tethering
MODIFY_PHONE_STATE - mobile data toggling on Android 2.2
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to load custom icons
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - place the notifications after boot
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - necessary on Android 2.x for detecting which toggle was clicked
VIBRATE - for haptic feedback option
WAKE_LOCK - for the wake lock toggle
WRITE_APN_SETTINGS - fallback method to toggle mobile data on Android 2.x
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to save shortcut icons like contact pictures
WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - GPS toggling on rooted pre-4.3 devices
WRITE_SETTINGS - to toggle various stuff like rotation & screen brigthness
WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - toggle sync
-Click widget to switch on/off your wifi
-Uses only a single home screen cell space
-Quickly switch between modes, no need to open a separate app
-Looks Nice :)
Hope you all like it, more coming soon
PS check out our other Toggle Widgets
- fixed transparent Background (2x1)
- added 1x1 and 3x1 size
- changeable textsize
- wifibutton can be turned off
- reworked signal level indication
Please report bugs and problems via e-mail!
Simple Home screen Widget that toggles Wifi on/off.
If you have any issues/queries then please contact me - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this is a widget, not an application - to use it you need to go to the home screen, select the menu and then add the widget.
Changed the Widget to be Red when Wifi is off
Update the Widget when Wifi is toggled by another process
Update the widget to fix issue where the widget became unusable on certain phones after a period of time
Fix: Ensure the service that updates the widget isn't stopped unexpectedly
v1.61: Prevent install on sd card. Launchers restriction for widgets
v1.6: Removed icon from app launcher
A WIDGET (home long tap->widgets to add, or select widgets from app-list) to enable/disable build-in hot-spot (Wifi tethering) feature on android 2.2+.
Works on Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, & Jelly Bean (GB, ICS, JB, 2.3, 4.0, 4.1)
- No root required.
- Supports Jelly Bean (latest Android release)
- Uses native artwork for GB (2.3+), ICS (4.0+), & JB (4.1+).
- Restores original WiFi state.
- Keeps the SSID & security settings intact.
- Is "Free" a feature?
- Google/HTC Nexus One (N1)
- Google/Samsung Nexus S
- Google/Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GNEX)
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus (VZW GNEX)
- Samsung Galaxy S II (SGS2, S2)
- Samsung Galaxy S III (SGS3, S3)
- Known issues with EVO/Sprint devices (carrier might block tethering)
Note: It will only show up in the widget menu, not with the application menu. If it doesn't show up due to Android 4.0+, then Force-Close your launcher (If you don't know what this means, then simply restart your phone and it should pop-up).
Please rate it favorably if you like our work.
For example, when you're using Google Map or selected APP, your device will always awake and not auto-sleep.
You can select any of your installed APP, while these APPs are using, the device will always awake until you leave the selected APP or pressing the power button.
For example, while your are using Google Map, it is annoying that device automatically screen off all the time.
Using this APP can let Google Map never auto-screen off while you're using it!
How it work: This APP will detect the foreground APP you're using, if the foreground APP is the selected APP (Ex: Google Map), this APP will hold a full wake lock to prevent device from suspend. After you leave the foreground (or press power button to sleep), will release the full wake lock.
Keywords: Not screen off, timeout, sleep, suspend, specific, app, never, avoid auto suspend, wake lock
If you are willing to help me translate the app to another language please send me an e-mail!
Wi-Fi Matic is an Android app that activates and deactivates Wi-Fi of your device automatically depending on your location, helping you to save battery and consumption of data through your operator network.
It detects automatically the location of known Wi-Fi networks (f.i: home, office, etc.), turns on Wi-Fi when you arrive a place where there is Wi-Fi, and turns it off when you leave that place.
After some training (*), the app should learn all your commonly used Wi-Fi access points, allow your device to use Wi-Fi in the usual places and keep Wi-Fi off where it is not needed.
- How does it work?
It DOES NOT USE GPS nor Android network location services, as it uses your operator network cell identifiers (cell tower identifiers) as the relative location where you are, and where your Wi-Fi networks are. It is designed to minimize usage of resources and battery.
Wi-Fi Matic detects and learns automatically locations where you are connected to a Wi-Fi, not needing much configuration. It also allows you to manage manually your Wi-Fi when needed not interfering with you or with your device data connections.
- How is it used?
1.- Run the app and click on "Enable Wi-Fi Matic".
2.- If you want to connect to a Wi-Fi for the first time, do it as usual in the Android Wireless networks settings menu. If you want to connect to a Wi-Fi you have already connected to before, just turn on Wi-Fi manually and let Android establish connection.
3.- And that's all: Wi-Fi Matic will learn your Wi-Fi location when you get connected. Whenever you leave that place, Wi-Fi will be automatically turned off and whenever you get back, Wi-Fi will be automatically turned on (*)
(*) Depending on your mobile carrier network configuration and your access point signal strength, Wi-Fi Matic might need some time to precisely learn all needed cell tower identifiers and work accurately. Check Frequently Asked Questions.
APK size = 6KB (Very Small !)
WiFi On/Off Toggle switcher
WiFi OnOff Toggle switch.
Very Simple WiFi Control Software !
Wi-Fi ON to OFF.
Wi-Fi OFF to ON.
Tested Android 1.5-2.2
Copyright (c) 2010 FREE WING,Y.Sakamoto
More from developer
- Search long press
- Call long press
- Call short press
See website for more info!
Note you will NOT get an icon/shortcut in your application tray/launcher. You can only launch the app using one of the buttons described above. The "Open" button in the market app WILL NOT work either.
Pls email dev issues before leaving negative rating/comment Thx!
In-App Wifi Toggle
In-App Toggle Donate
- "In-App Wifi Toggle" &
- "In-App Bluetooth Toggle"
... the chance to say thanks & make a donation to the dev.
This app combines both the Wi-fi and BT toggles into one.
Pls email dev issues before leaving negative rating/comment. Thx!