Based on the combined knowledge and experience of thirty plus musicians, saxophone makers, teachers and other experts, Tipbook Saxophone even answers questions you didn’t think of asking. Great stuff for beginners, an inspiring resource for advanced players, and a handy reference for pros.
YOUR BEST INSTRUMENT
Tipbook Saxophone helps you buy the instrument that best suits your style and your budget, exploring the material and the design of the instrument, the plating, bell and neck designs, special keys and key systems, ergonomics, pads, and so on. Similar chapters are dedicated to mouthpieces, necks, reeds and ligatures. Combined with essential knowledge on maintenance and tuning, this books allows you to get the very best out of your instrument.
FINGERING CHARTS AND MORE
The final chapters shed a light on the history, the family, and the making of the instrument, while the glossary and index turn this owner's guide into a handy reference book. A complete set of fingering charts are the icing on this musical cake. Enjoy!
• Recommended for saxophone teachers and students, regardless of level. (The Saxophone Journal)
• This book is a really delightful surprise (Sax on the Web)
• Excellent for either quick reference, trouble-shooting or top-up information for the most hardened saxophone devotee (Winds)
READERS ON TIPBOOK SAXOPHONE
• A must for the beginning student and a quick reference for the professional, particularly one who is not fluent in "repair" language.
• Highly recommended.
• [This book] answered many of the questions I've come up with but had no one to ask.
• Tipbook Saxophone has saved me! As a music education student, this tipbook has been a lifesaver when it comes to needing easy to understand, fast help. Whether it's learning to play, looking to buy, to reeds and mouthpieces, to fingerings, to their history...this book has it all. I highly recommend this book to any music student or saxophone player!
• I was able to better play my Sax, instructions were good. Outstanding examples and pictures.
• A lot of insights here that you probably wouldn't ever think of to ask, stays on the subject well and its a very interesting read [...]
Tipbook Saxophone tells you all about soprano saxophones, alto saxophones, tenor saxophones and baritone saxophones, the keywork, sides keys and palm keys, toneholes, pearl keys and upper stacks, lower stacks, trill keys, Jean Marie Londeix, the quick F or front F, toptones, David Sanborn and Charlie Parker, Ben Webster en Gerry Mulligan, transposing instruments, B-flat instruments, E-flat instruments, saxophone playing, saxophone teachers, pads and resonators, kangaroo leather, rolled toneholes, reeds, ligatures, rib construction, ribbed construction, key systems, articulated G-sharp, palm key risers and spatula keys, thumb savers, double key arms, French style keys, the Selmer Mark VI and other vintage saxophones, hard rubber and metal mouthpieces, tip openings and chamber sizes, tip rails and side rails, baffles, facing lengths and facings, inverted ligatures, French filed cuts, file cuts and double cuts, whetstones, reed rush or Dutch rush, reed clippers, sticky pads, the Sax-o-phone, de C-melody and the saxello, the EWI and other wind controllers, midi, Arundo Donax, and much more.
Pages or scroll view. Page flipping animation.
Table of contents, bookmarks, text search.
Bookmarks on text fragments (comments or corrections) - useful for proof reading.
Export of bookmarks to text file.
Built-in file browser, quick recent books access.
Online catalogs (OPDS) support.
LitRes online book store support.
Text to Speech (TTS) support.
Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes.
Additional fonts support (place .ttf to /sdcard/fonts/)
Support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages; autodetection of TXT file encoding (GBK, Shift_JIS, BIG5, EUC_KR).
Day and night profiles (two sets of colors, background, backlight levels).
Brightness adjustments by flick on left edge of screen.
Background texture (stretched or tiled) or solid color.
Paperbook-like page turning animation or "sliding page" animation.
Dictionary support (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard Dictionary).
Customizable tap zone and key actions.
Autoscroll (automatic page flipping) - start using menu/goto/autoscroll or assign action Autoscroll on key or tap zone; Change speed using volume keys or bottom-right and bottom-left tap zones; stop - tap any other tap zone or key.
Can read books from zip archives.
Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS.
Select text using double tap (optional).
Similar to FBReader, Aldiko, AlReader, Nook, Laputa, Moon+ reader.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/textures/ -- to be used as tiled page backgrounds.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/backgrounds/ -- to be used as stretched page backgrounds.
(/cr3/ directory can also be used instead of /.cr3/, and internal SD or internal storage instead of /sdcard/)
CoolReader requires following permissions:
WAKE_LOCK - to control screen backlight
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to access SD card
INTERNET - to use online catalogs
CoolReader is free, open source (GPL), multiplatform project.
Project homepage on SourceForge is http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
To donate this project, you can buy Cool Reader Gold ($10), Silver ($3) or Bronze ($1) Donation package from Market
Ebook Reader is free, and optimized for Android devices.
- Epub3 format support
- User-created collections for sorting your books
- Turn pages with a tap or swipe
- Never lose your place in the book
- Landscape or portrait orientation is lockable
- Easy navigation inside the book
- Search for text inside books
- Night-reading mode is easy on the eyes
- Adjust font size with a tap
- Login with your existing eBooks.com account
- Sync your eBooks.com online bookshelf with all your devices
- Online synchronization for bookmarks, highlights, notes and current reading position with all your Android and iOS devices
- 3rd-party (imported) book support
- Free classics at your fingertips immediately
- Shop for ebooks within the app
- Buy New York Times bestsellers as well as technical, professional and academic books
- Online backup - your online ebook library is always accessible, so anytime you get a new PC or phone, your books are ready to download from your eBooks.com bookshelf
UB Reader provides a comfortable reading experience for Android smartphones and tablets, allowing you to read EPUB and PDF files - DRM-protected and otherwise. An integrated file browser allows you to quickly add any eBook stored on your device or over email.
SIMPLE YET POWERFUL READING FEATURES:
• Easy and fast navigation - page flipping with animations, scroll slider to help you get to desired page easily.
• Customizable reading experience - font size and type customization, multiple view modes for easier day or night reading, brightness adjustment, and page orientation settings.
• Useful text search features.
• Bookmark pages for quick reference later.
• Open EPUB / PDF files from external file browsers.
• Localized in 12 languages - French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Swedish.
ROBUST EBOOK MANAGEMENT:
• Bookcase view lets you add new shelves, select multiple books, view by list or grid, and search through your collection.
• Integrated file browser - quickly browse and import your own EPUB and PDF files from the memory card on your device, and also import entire folders of ebooks.
• Books can be received as email attachments and imported to UB Reader from the Preview option of the email client.
• Sort books by title, author, or time of use.
PURCHASE A UB READER FULL VERSION KEY FOR EVEN MORE FEATURES:
• Ad free.
• Text-to-Speech support.
• Lock specific books in your library.
• Create direct shortcuts to books on your homescreen.
Browse, sample, and binge on New York Times bestsellers, Pulitzer Prize winners, popular audiobooks, acclaimed comics & graphic novels, and more. All for $8.99 per month, less than the price of a paperback.
Discover recommendations tailored to you based on titles you’ve loved, or explore hand-picked favorites from our editors. Store titles right on your device and take your library with you wherever you go.
We’re available in 80 languages across nearly every country on mobile, tablet, and web. Start your free trial today.
·Unlimited access to one million books, audiobooks, and comics
·Personalized recommendations & editors’ picks help you discover new favorites
·Store titles offline to read anytime, anywhere
·Syncing across mobile, tablet, and web
Want to see what we’re up to? Follow us on Twitter (@Scribd) and like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/scribd
Got questions? Check out our FAQs. http://www.scribd.com/faq
PRAISE FOR SCRIBD
“Movie lovers have Netflix, music lovers have Spotify – and book lovers (whether they read literary fiction or best-selling potboilers) now have Scribd.” – NPR
"[T]he long-awaited ‘Netflix for comics’ has arrived." – Los Angeles Times
“[Scribd] is a place where you can browse and skim and read whatever strikes your fancy…” – WIRED
"…Scribd is on to something." – Fast Company
"You'll never find yourself without something to read ever again!" – InTouch Weekly
Bookstore Features –
+ Browse more than 50,000 free ebooks
+ Books arranged in most popular categories
+ List by top downloaded books, by top authors and by languages
+ Search the bookstore by book title, author last name, or enter any category
Book Reader Features -
+ Supports epub, fb2 and plain text file formats
+ Read epub books from your SD card
+ Resize text, adjust brightness, jump to any page
+ Bookmarks and Table of Contents
+ Read in Sepia and Day/Night mode
+ Curl Page animation
+ Volume key navigation
+ Read in two column view
Our top categories include -
Fiction books, Romance books, Fantasy books, Adventure books, Science fiction, Christmas books, Horror books, Short stories, Love stories, Religious books, Humor books, History books, Poems, Poetry, Travel books, Detective Books, and many many more !!!
Our most popular authors include -
Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Dostoevsky, Charles Dickens, Oscar Wilde, Mark Twain, Lewis Carroll, Wodehouse, James Joyce, Aesop, Victor Hugo, HG Wells, Plato, Jack London, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Hardy, and others
Our most downloaded books include -
Aesop’s fables, Peter pan, Sherlock holmes, Moby dick, Alice in wonderland, Pride and Prejudice, Kama sutra, Dorian gray, Beowulf, Grimm’s fairy tales, Anna karenina, Don quixote, Hamlet, Macbeth, Pinocchio and thousands more
We offer books in many languages including -
Chinese books, German books, French books, Spanish books, Portuguese books, Russian books, Greek books, Japanese books, Polish books, Italian books, Dutch books
Upcoming version -
We will soon be including Goodreads reviews and ratings for all books
Each book's category and language will be displayed on book details page
We hope you like the application and share it with your friends! We love to hear from our users. In case of any feedback/issues with the app, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Read thousands of ebooks for free, supports online ebook libraries
• Read local books with smooth scroll and tons of innovation
☆ Support epub, mobi, chm, cbr, cbz, umd, fb2, txt, html, rar, zip or OPDS, key features:
✔ Full visual options: line space, font scale, bold, italic, shadow, justified alignment, alpha colors, fading edge etc.
✔ 10+ themes embedded, includes Day & Night mode switcher.
✔ Various types of paging: touch screen, volume keys or even camera, search or back keys.
✔ 24 customized operations (screen click, swipe gesture, hardware keys), apply to 15 customized events: search, bookmark, themes, navigation, font size and more.
✔ 5 auto-scroll modes: rolling blind mode; by pixel, by line or by page. Real-time speed control.
✔ Adjust the brightness by sliding your finger along the left edge of the screen, gesture commands supported.
✔ Intelligent paragraph; indent paragraph; trim unwanted blank spaces options.
✔ “Keep your eyes health” options for long-time reading.
✔ Real page turning effect with customized speed/color/transparent; 5 page flip animations;
✔ My Bookshelf design: Favorites, Downloads, Authors, Tags; self bookcover, search, import supported.
✔ Justified text alignment, hyphenation mode supported.
✔ Dual page mode for landscape screen.
✔ Support all four screen orientations.
✔ EPUB3 multimedia content support (video and audio)
✔ Backup/Restore options to cloud via DropBox, sync reading positions between phones and tablets.
✔ Highlight, Annotation, Dictionary (Offline or Online, support ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora, ABBYY Lingvo, etc.), Translation, Share functions all in this ebook reader.
-Localized in 40 languages: English, አማርኛ, العربية, հայերեն, Български, català, český, dansk, Nederlands, eesti, suomi, français, galego, საქართველოს, Deutsch, ελληνικά, עברית, magyar, Indonesia, italiano, 日本語, 한국어, македонски, persan, polski, português, português brasil, român, русский, српски, 简体中文, slovenských, slovenskega, español, Svenskt, 繁體中文, ภาษาไทย, Türk, yкраїнський, Việt
-Tags: book reader, ebook reader, moon reader, ebook, HD, comics, comic reader, cbz reader
-Additional benefits in pro version:
#Shake the phone to speak (Text-to-speech, TTS engine support)
#More beautiful themes, background images and fonts
#Reading statistics function
#PDF support, fast & speech compatible
#Customize reader bar function
#Headset & Bluetooth keys control
#Multi-point touch support
#Option for password protection at startup
#Book to home screen shortcut
#Annotations, highlights & bookmarks share support
#Customer email support
#Open/Backup/Sync/Download/Upload book files via Dropbox/Gdrive
#Widget shelf support, group your favorite books, put them to desktop as widget
-PDF features in Pro version:
#Fill out PDF Form
#Highlight, annotation, handwriting
#Smart scroll lock, smooth reading experience
#Night mode support, 6 additional pdf themes available
#Dual-page mode for landscape screen
#Speech, auto-scroll compatible
#Read statistics, sync, flip animation available
-About GET_ACCOUNTS permission: used for Google Drive function only
** NOTE: This is not an E-book reader, so please don't rate it as such :)
★ Search for the book you want to read later
★ View book descriptions, authors, and cover
★ Add books to your reading list
★ Create custom folders for organization
★ Sort books by title, author, or date added
★ Check off books when you are done
★ Bar code scanner to add books
★ Add custom books
★ Backup/Restore your reading list
If you have any ideas for new features feel free to contact us.
** Note: This app does not let you read the books you add
** Note: Search results are powered by the Google Books API
Tags: to-do, bookshelf, buy list
To reading together with our application.
Here you can learn the history of his favorite hobbies.
You find the terms and their definitions in the dictionary directory.
Get tips and ideas that will help you deal with your passion.
Learn about sites and services, dedicated as usual books and electronic, as well as reading.
Acquire new knowledge, that you will need to study.
Be aware of the events held in the world of books.
One application cycle "Hobby" from Develiark. Read more about his hobby.
- Subscribe and access all the books you'll ever need.
- New titles every day. From classic lit to box fresh business books.
- Read your books offline – great when you’re on-the-go.
- Discover new books. See what’s hot from friends and experts.
500,000 books in nine different languages.
Thousands of books in English, Spanish, Swedish, Russian, and other languages are now always with you.
New releases, bestsellers, business books.
Check out our well-stocked library. New titles every day – from the latest fiction to classic literature, as well as poetry, travel guides, and much more.
Never buy another book.
Subscribe to unlock the entire Bookmate library.
Offline is fine.
Save books to your device and read on the go: without an internet connection — on the road, out of town, or overseas. Wherever.
Need a steer on your next book?
Discovering new titles is easy! Let friends, editors, and experts recommend something just for you.
Make it your own.
Customize your reading experience. Pick the font you like most, choose your background, and set the screen brightness for an effortless read.
We’re here to help – anytime. Get in touch: email@example.com
OH YEAH, DID WE MENTION THAT ITS CHEAPER THAN RIDING AN ACTUAL OKADA! Here are other reasons to download okadabooks today...
• 90% of our books are free and others cost less than $1.00!
• You get to pick from over 7500 books in our ever growing library.
• You get to become an author and publish your own books and share with others.
• Interact with published and unpublished authors across Africa.
• Get access to past JAMB and WAEC questions and turn your phone into a powerful educational resource
Still reading this boring app description when there is more fun stuff to read on okadabooks? Get the app now and see how far your imagination can go....
With our book downloader app, you can put together a collection of ebooks into your own ebook library on your Android. There are plenty of books to reference, not only for adults, but children, kids and teens as well. Just download free books from online and put them on your Android device, to read at your leisure.
We have tens of thousands of free books from many genres. We have romance novels. Love stories like:
* Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
* Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
* The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
We have stories for children - kid's books such as Little Women, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Peter Pan and Treasure Island. We have downloadable tales of horror from H. P. Lovecraft, and the original vampire tale, Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Read how detective Sherlock Holmes solves another case, or read a mystery by Agatha Christie. Study from religious books like the Bible. Learn about psychology from Sigmund Freud and Alfred Binet.
Enjoy reading a book from Charles Dickens such as Great Expectations and Oliver Twist. Enjoy science fiction stories like the Time Machine by H. G. Wells, as well as sci-fi e-books from the 1950s by Philip K. Dick, Frederik Pohl and Kurt Vonnegut. And more. All for free.
This e-reader is a modified version of FBReader. It is modified so that it downloads electronic books in Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian and so forth a little more easily. This program is GPL licensed, and computer programmers can access our source code on our web site. It primarily handles books in the epub format.
• Customize and drive your own team of racers!
Start your engines! Read along as Lightning McQueen and the world’s top international racers power through the streets of Tokyo, Japan; Porto Corsa, Italy; London, England; and finally Radiator Springs in this original story!
Customize your own team of race cars at “Reader Pit Stops.” When you've completed the story, you'll earn the chance to compete against Lightning McQueen, Francesco Bernoulli and other superstars as you tilt your way around a real Cars 2 racecourse!
• Stunning Disney/Pixar Cars 2 movie images and animation!
• Device-tilting racing technology and exciting tap-and-play interactivity!
• Multiple reading modes: Record Your Own Voice, Read to Me, Auto-Turn Pages and Early Reader Mode!
• Read-along text highlighting
• 3-D race car customization. Choose your car's color, engines, headlights, exhaust pipes, spoilers and tires!
• Custom car-saving feature allows you to save and email your favorite designs!
• Nine language options: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish and Swedish!
• Engaging narration, music and sound effects
Thanks in advance for your patience. Due to the large file size, downloading this app may take a bit of time. For faster downloading, please connect to a Wi-Fi network.
If you are experiencing any technical issues, please don't hesitate to contact customer care at 877-662-3769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies.
“As an eReader App, NOOK really is one of the best.”- Android Authority
• New! Enjoy thousands of kids’ interactive picture books and use the Read and Record function so that story time always happens with you, even if you can’t be there.
• New! Customer-favorite features from NOOK® tablets and eReaders include adjustable font sizes and night mode. Easier navigation and NOOK Channels™.
• New! Create multiple profiles within the app for the whole family
• New! Organize favorite content by personal shelves to keep your library
• Synch your last page, bookmarks and notes.
• Search inside the book. Look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary
• Sample over 4 million eBooks & Magazines before you buy. Buy what you enjoy, most $9.99 or less
• Choose from over 1,000 magazines and newspapers—single issues or subscriptions. Enjoy ArticleView® and focus on an individual article.
• NOOK Comics® with Zoom View for a close up, panel-by-panel view of the story in a sequence as the author intended.
• Read NOOK Books® on NOOK tablets & eReaders, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and Windows 8-based devices
• Read in portrait or landscape mode
• Easily transfer EPUB and CBZ files
• Accessible to blind and low vision readers leveraging Android assistive technology, including screen magnification and TalkBack
• Shop for eBooks, magazines, newspapers and more by visiting the NOOK Store® either in the app on your Android device or at NOOK.com.
*Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish
BEST SELLING eBOOKS
• NY Times Bestsellers – American Sniper, Unbroken, All the Night We Cannot See, Gray Mountain, Yes, Please
• Romance – Fifty Shades of Grey, Captivated by You, The Immortal Who Loved Me, One Wish, Beautiful Redemption
• Fiction– The Girl on the Train, A Spool of Blue Thread, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Nightingale
• Mystery– Private Vegas, The Silkworm, Obsession in Death, Betrayed, Motive
• eBooks for Teens – Insurgent, The Maze Runner, I Was Here
• eBooks for Young Readers – American Girl, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Heroes of Olympus
• • Science-Fiction & Fantasy – The Hobbit, Ever After, A Game of Thrones, Chosen
BEST SELLING AUTHORS
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Nicholas Sparks
• Stephen King
BEST SELLING MAGAZINES
• InTouch Weekly
• Real Simple
• Game Informer
• National Geographic
BEST SELLING NEWSPAPERS
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• 200+ college newspapers
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of e-books and e-periodicals may vary by country.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
***NOTE: This application was created for tablets. The text may appear too small for use on some phones.
• 7 classic stories and poems for young readers from the K12 Read Aloud Treasury book
• Full-color illustrations Reading Tools
• Listen to each selection as it is read aloud (optional)
• Automatic bookmarking
• Automatic page-turning (optional)
Upgrade to the full version of the app for access to 36 classic stories, poems, and plays.
K12 Read Aloud Classics full version: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008N9ETDY
Full K12 Read Aloud Classics selection list (selections that have a “*” are available in the Lite version):
Little Red Riding Hood
One, Two, Buckle My Shoe
Jack and the Beanstalk
The Gingerbread Man*
Hey, Diddle, Diddle
The Wheels on the Bus
Old King Cole
Baa Baa, Black Sheep*
Jack Be Nimble*
The Velveteen Rabbit
The Lion and the Mouse
Three Blind Mice*
The Elves and the Shoemaker
The Little Elf
Spider and Turtle and Good Manners*
The Wombat and the Kangaroo
Little Bo Peep
Little Boy Blue
The Story of Chicken Little
Sing a Song of Sixpence
The Foolish Rabbit
The Honest Woodsman
Diamonds and Toads
Hickory, Dickory, Dock
The Story of Tom Thumb
The Little Red Hen
The Three Bears
Three Billy Goats Gruff
The Three Little Pigs
Three Little Kittens
K12 Read Aloud Classics Lite was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive Language Arts curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com/what-is-k12/.
For help with technical problems, e-mail email@example.com.