Listen to live audio from over 7,000 fire and police scanners, weather radios, amateur radio repeaters, air traffic and marine radios from around the world. Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 2000 listeners (find out about major events as they're breaking).
• View scanners located nearest you. • View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners. • View list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time). • Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access. • Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc). • Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below). • Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access. • Supports Android Auto.
Receive a notification anytime:
• ...any scanner in the directory has more than 2000 listeners (configurable). • ...a scanner within a certain distance of your location has more than a certain number of listeners. • ...a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners. • ...a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites. • ...a scanner within a certain distance from you is added to the directory.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
• No ads. • Access to all 6 theme colors. • Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (vs within 15 minutes in the free version). • The ability to record the audio. • The play button at the bottom of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify and a few other sites using real police scanners and is the same audio you would hear using your own police scanner.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The "Location" permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select "Nearby Scanners". When you select "Nearby Scanners" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The "Photos/Media/Files" / "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" permission is required in order to allow you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer.
Sep 18, 2022
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
It's great...but won't shut down! I keep waiting for Charlie Horse to start singing, "This is the app that doesn't end...yes it goes on and on my friend...". It would be nice to have a EXIT button! I didn't realize the ability to shut down the app was an "option" that I had to enable. This function should be a default choice.
29 people found this review helpful
September 12, 2022
Does the stop button not work for you? You can add Exit to menus by going into the app's General Settings area.
Show review history
September 30, 2022
This is a great app when it works. The volume of the feed I listen is so low I can barely hear it with headphones. To report a problem you have to sign up to broadcastify, which I have done but I can't find the report a problem button. I can listen to other feeds just fine.
2 people found this review helpful
September 30, 2022
Which scanner entry are you trying to listen to (and what county and state is it listed under)?
Show review history
July 24, 2022
fantastic scanner! covers everything in my area so i don't have to buy a $600 handheld scanner , and then i'd have to programme all the channels. totally worth the subscription to support the developer. i receive the broadcasts without delay- they always state the time they're responding over the air, and it always matches the current time so i know there are no delays. runs perfectly in the background even when i shut the screen down (samsung note 10) and its good on battery
84 people found this review helpful
• Added support for themed icons. • Added Events shortcut/widget. • Miscellaneous other bug and crash fixes.