Listen to live audio from over 7,000 fire and police scanners, weather radios, amateur radio repeaters, air traffic and marine radios from around the world. Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 2000 listeners (find out about major events as they're breaking).
• View scanners located nearest you. • View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners. • View list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time). • Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access. • Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc). • Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below). • Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access. • Supports Android Auto.
Receive a notification anytime:
• ...any scanner in the directory has more than 2000 listeners (configurable). • ...a scanner within a certain distance of your location has more than a certain number of listeners. • ...a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners. • ...a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites. • ...a scanner within a certain distance from you is added to the directory.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
• No ads. • Access to all 6 theme colors. • Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (vs within 15 minutes in the free version). • The ability to record the audio. • The play button at the bottom of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify and a few other sites using real police scanners and is the same audio you would hear using your own police scanner.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The "Location" permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select "Nearby Scanners". When you select "Nearby Scanners" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The "Photos/Media/Files" / "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" permission is required in order to allow you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer.
May 1, 2022
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
I have been using this app for 5+ years now. I have not found a better scanner app yet. Constant improvements and features galore. Some of the feeds in my area have background noise so the equalizer works wonderfully. super easy to find feeds near me. I've been a scanner enthusiast since 1978 and although I'd rather use an actual receiver, this is the next best option when I'm on the road.
9 people found this review helpful
July 24, 2020
I tried the free version of this app for many, many hours and it was GREAT! I upgraded to Pro (since it is such a good price), and all of a sudden--I don't hear much of anything, on any channel. I have gone into every possible setting, checked for updates, and restarted everything, numerous times, and no improvement. I hope this review shows to be wrong, I'm so bummed about it. For now, save your money and storage space...it's only been white noise.
151 people found this review helpful
July 24, 2020
If you would like assistance, select Help from the menu in the app (while you're on a directory screen) and then press the "Contact Us" button that's at the bottom of the screen. This will send an e-mail to the same e-mail address that's listed in the Play Store.
December 28, 2019
I've been using this scanner for 4+ years and liked it enough I paid for the Pro version after a year or so. Settings are a great tool and they are continuing to add features and improving the current. I've got mine set at 2500 then it alerts me. They also are adding new cities, counties and towns. You can get some international scanners but I've not tried to find any but at the moment Australia will pop up a lot due to the fact that the country is in flame's.
62 people found this review helpful
• Fixed a bug which prevented audio from resuming after pausing for transient loss of audio focus. • Fixed a bug which would sometimes result in Favorites widgets displaying widget preview image. • Miscellaneous other bug and crash fixes.