TIME AND LOG READING MINUTES WITH AN INTERACTIVE STOPWATCH
This feature operates just like a real stopwatch, so kids can start/stop, pause to take a break, and watch their reading minutes add up! Once they’re finished reading for the day, they can enter their minutes into a personal weekly log. Parents can track kids' daily reading activity and see how many total minutes they have logged.
BOOST MOTIVATION TO KEEP KIDS READING WHILE SCHOOL IS OUT
During the summer months (May 6 to September 6), the Scholastic Reading Timer app will be tied into the Scholastic Summer Challenge, where kids can win virtual rewards when they log their reading minutes. Once they have reached their reading goal for the week, kids who are registered for the Scholastic Summer Challenge can spin the wheel of prizes. Prizes include downloadable virtual badges of beloved storybook characters like Captain Underpants and Geronimo Stilton! Kids can download their virtual badges and store them in their personal prize center.
HELP SCHOOLS BREAK THE READ FOR THE WORLD RECORD
If kids are registered for the Scholastic Summer Challenge, their reading minutes count toward the total minutes read for their school. Kids can browse school rankings to see which schools have logged the most minutes right on their mobile device. As part of the Scholastic Summer Challenge, schools are helping to Read for the World Record and break last year’s record of 95,859,491 total minutes read! The 20 schools that log the most minutes will be recognized in the 2014 Scholastic Book of World Records and will receive a congratulatory plaque. Plus, the school with the most minutes read will win a school visit from Captain Underpants creator Dav Pilkey!
DAILY TIPS, ARTICLES, AND BOOKLISTS FOR PARENTS
Support growing readers by reading daily tips, interesting articles, and age-appropriate booklists designed to help parents choose the right books for their kids, build a successful home library, engage their reluctant readers, and more!
This app can only be used as a generic reading minutes timer. This app does not collect personally identifiable information. If you would like to learn more about Scholastic’s online privacy practices generally, please go to http://www.scholastic.com/privacy.htm
This app includes:
*Links ONLY to Scholastic website and app stores
*No social media sharing
This app collects:
*Device type and operating system used
*First name (stored locally)
Developer: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, New York 10012, 800-SCHOLASTIC, email@example.com
Customer support: www.scholastic.com/custsupport
Use the built-in barcode scanner to find book information. Sometimes, when a book has multiple editions with different barcodes, you may not find your book by scanning. Try searching by typing or saying the book’s title. New books and barcodes are being added all the time to make Book Wizard Mobile even more up-to-date.
Book Wizard Mobile lets you instantly view:
Reading Level by:
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading Level
Teachers can also:
• Create and save book lists, or an entire classroom library list to your existing Scholastic.com account.
• Modify existing book lists associated with your account.
• Share your book lists on your Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest accounts.
• Email your book list to colleagues and friends.
This app does NOT collect:
• Personally identifiable information other than your Scholastic.com user name, which may be your email address.
• Unique device ID
This app does collect device category (mobile/tablet) and device type (iPhone, iPod Touch, etc)
This app collects general geo-location information associated with the internet service provider through which you get internet access on your device. Scholastic does not store this information.
Developer: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, 800-SCHOLASTIC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer support: www.scholastic.com/bookwizardmobile
A library management app that allows you to scan your books' ISBNs to view the Guided Reading, Lexile®, Grade Level Equivalent, and DRA levels for the book and store them in a personalized library. You can build your leveled library quickly by searching our comprehensive database of over 230K books spanning those 4 leveling standards. We have a passion for education and our goals are to help you organize your classroom library and to alleviate the struggles associated with finding the levels of books. This app is great for educators who need to level their classroom library and also need a way to organize those books digitally. Parents will also find this app useful in order to locate level appropriate books for their child's reading enjoyment.
◆ App is featured on David Kapuler's bucket list of top educational apps found on Tech&Learning: http://www.techlearning.com/default.aspx?tabid=67&entryid=5300
‣ Scan or manually search by ISBN, book title or author to lookup level information.
‣ View a new book of the day recommended by teachers every day.
‣ Create and maintain libraries of your leveled books.
‣ Loan out your books and keep track of them by utilizing the Check out and in feature.
‣ Create and maintain roster(s) of your students for checking out books and maintaining reading levels.
‣ Create and maintain wish lists of books that you don't currently have, but would like to get in the future.
‣ Social - Educators can submit book levels and recommendations to benefit other users (Levels will be independently reviewed for accuracy before going live).
‣ An active support team that is dedicated to developing new features and adding new books to our database.
Join us in building the best community for educators and parents to support the on going growth of our children!
We would love to hear from you! If you have any issues, questions, or suggestions, please use the Contact Us page in the app or email us at email@example.com. You can also visit us at levelitbooks.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/LevelItBooks, and on Twitter @LevelItBooks.
The ISBN scanner feature requires a device with an auto-focus camera (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S4).
This app also requires internet connectivity (e.g. WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE) to communicate with our back end service to bring you the great features of this app.
The Classroom Organizer app is an affordable alternative to purchasing a typical USB scanner. With the Classroom Organizer app educators can simply walk around their classroom and scan each book via their Android device.
We've also included the ability to assign locations to books as they are added to a Classroom Organizer account. Simply create locations and choose a location before adding a book to your library. The selected location is maintained until a new selection is made. This allows for quick scanning of multiple books in a single location.
Check your progress as books are scanned by using the "Manage Classroom" function of the app. View the title, cover image (if available) as well as quantity of a title that has been added. Quickly find items by sorting books by title or quantity.
FASTT Math Next Generation for Android is a must-have solution for all students in Grades 2 and beyond, both those who are accelerating their acquisition of math facts as well as those who are struggling to catch up. FASTT Math’s adaptive technology creates an individualized learning progression for every student, and embedded assessment ensures math fact mastery. Students will be enthralled by our 12 games, and educators will appreciate how easy FASTT Math is to implement.
FASTT Math features an instructional model that builds Fluency and Automaticity through Systematic Teaching and Technology (FASTT) and is the most research-based fact fluency program.
Initial Math Fact Fluency Assessment
Adaptive to meet individual needs, FASTT Math establishes a baseline of math fact fluency, identifying exactly which facts need to be targeted for intervention, and provides instruction and practice. The initial assessment is administered once and takes approximately 10 minutes.
Adaptive Math Fact Instruction
FASTT Math provides scaffolded, daily instructional sessions, individualized for each student. Instruction focuses on targeted facts students need to learn, based on the assessment.
Students get fluent faster by practicing what they’ve learned in engaging and motivating games. FASTT Math Next Generation has 12 games that build mastery and confidence through adaptive, independent practice.
Math Fact Mastery
With the NEW Student Dashboard, students gain ownership of their learning. Motivated by seeing themselves moving forward every day, students will reach their goals even faster.
This app is available only to FASTT Math Next Generation customers and requires an active internet connection.
For more information about FASTT Math Next Generation, visit http://teacher.scholastic.com/math-fact-fluency/FASTT-math-next-generation/
™®&© Scholastic Inc. All rights reserved.
Fun vocabulary games for kids 6 to 8 brought to you by PBS KIDS.
Put your vocabulary skills to the test and see if you have what it takes to be WordGirl’s sidekick! Create your own girl or boy superhero avatars and train with WordGirl in this adventurous PBS KIDS app designed for kids 6 to 8.
• 4 mini games with 30 levels each
• Iconic WordGirl villains
• A deeply embedded vocabulary curriculum
• 12 HD clips featuring WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face in action
• Customizable superhero avatar creator
• 48 pieces of earnable gear to customize your avatar
In WordGirl Superhero Training, kids face off against villains from WordGirl in these four games:
WordGirl vs. The Whammer
Foil the Whammer before his WHAMS destroy Fair City! Kids will train their superhero memory skills as they help WordGirl put various items in Fair City back together. Each level is designed to expose players to new vocabulary by using specific and detailed words to describe everyday objects.
Captain Huggy Face vs. The Butcher
The Butcher is at it again, and this time the meat is aimed at Captain Huggy Face! Players must be quick to fend off the Butcher’s meat attack to win. While players train their superhero reflex skills they will also focus on vocabulary within content categories. Kids will be asked to identify and categorize words.
WordGirl vs. Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy
Thwart Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy and save City Hall by building the perfect sandwich! Be careful – Chuck has designed a mischievously tricky sandwich order for players to follow. This game focuses on prepositions and sequential language. Players will utilize skills in listening, critical thinking, and logic to solve each level.
WordGirl vs. Dr. Two Brains
Dr. Two Brains is at it again with his cheese ray! Can you stop him before he turns the world to cheese? Players will train their superhero navigation skills as they move WordGirl through a maze of portals to find Dr. Two Brains. Within the maze, kids will encounter new vocabulary in synonym word pairings. Kids will see and hear the various words isolated and in context to aid in vocabulary development.
WordGirl Superhero Training is based on the PBS KIDS series WordGirl, produced by Scholastic Media, a division of Scholastic. WordGirl is a critically acclaimed and award winning animated series that follows the life and superhero adventures of WordGirl as she fights crime and enriches vocabulary usage. Targeting kids ages [6-8], the app is designed to extend the series’ literacy curriculum, helping kids build vocabulary, critical thinking, and language skills.
For more learning adventures with WordGirl, visit pbskids.org/wordgirl. For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://to.pbs.org/kidsapps.
About PBS KIDS
WordGirl Superhero Training is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
This Word Girl children's educational game was made for kids aged 6, 7, and 8 and school grades: 1st Grade, 2nd Grade and 3rd Grade.
* Free to try
* Access to hundreds of video books with your monthly subscription for $4.99.
Additional Information About Your Subscription:
* Name of Subscription: TumbleBooks
* 1 Month auto-renewing subscription.
* Monthly subscription fee: $4.99
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Soar through space as each crew member, unlocking cool new parts for each ship as you go!
- The gang’s all here! Play as Comet, Halley, Jet, Radar or Sputnik.
- Master the gravity mechanic to avoid crazy obstacles. Collect enough energy to keep flying!
- Keep an eye out for power-ups that will help you soar to success!
- Head on over to the hangar to upgrade your ships.
Sprout is the 24-hour preschool channel that parents and kids share together — for shows, activities, and adventures!
Discover the beauty of randomness.
Is it hard? No! Just tap "Random" and the app will generate a new colourful attractor!
You'd like to change it a bit? Adjust the shape and colour of the graph by taping "Custom".
Save or share your creations via Twitter or Google+.
Let's have a randomly beautiful experience!
Based on the Quantile Framework©, SMI College & Career offers educators dynamic analytics, actionable data, tools for differentiating instruction, and embedded professional learning. SMI College & Career on iPad provides:
• Subtests for Early Numeracy and Basic Fact Fluency that identify struggling students early
• English & Spanish read-alouds for all items to accurately measure math, not reading, proficiency
• Dynamic, on-demand data analytics to monitor and track individual students’ expected growth and progress to date
• Access to district-wide data provides maximum transparency to leaders
• iPad app helps prepare students for Next Generation Assessments
Tests that assess learned skills or knowledge are frequently called achievement tests. However, certain tests can assess both types of constructs. An example that leans both ways is the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), which is given to recruits entering the armed forces of the United States. Another is the SAT, which is designed as a test of aptitude for college in the United States, but has achievement elements. For example, it tests mathematical reasoning, which depends both on innate mathematical ability and education received in mathematics.
Aptitude application is a collection of 750+ quantitative aptitude questions and word problems frequently asked in competitive examinations and placement papers. It is designed as a preparation tool for job aspirants and those waiting to crack CAT, XAT, MAT, GRE, GMAT, SAT, NTSE and various bank exams. People with an inclination towards mathematics can use this app to sharpen their IQ, test their aptitude skills and enrich their knowledge.
The SAT is a standardized test for most college admissions in the United States.
The SAT is owned, published, and developed by the College Board, a nonprofit organization in the United States. It was formerly developed, published, and scored by the Educational Testing Service which still administers the exam. The test is intended to assess a student's readiness for college. It was first introduced in 1926, and its name and scoring have changed several times. It was first called the Scholastic Aptitude Test, then the Scholastic Assessment Test.
The current SAT Reasoning Test, introduced in 2005, takes three hours and forty-five minutes to finish, and costs US$51 (US$91 International), excluding late fees. Possible scores range from 600 to 2400, combining test results from three 800-point sections (Mathematics, Critical Reading, and Writing). Taking the SAT or its competitor, the ACT, is required for freshman entry to many, but not all, universities in the United States.
Aptitude questions and answers with explanation for interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Fully solved examples with detailed answer.
This Educational Application is devoted to develop strong aptitude skills in students by way of an effective mobile learning.
Free practice Aptitude tests giving you the best preparation for your employment aptitude test or school entrance exam.
App Features :
★ Common Aptitude Test (CAT)
★ Bank Competitive Exam
★ UPSC Competitive Exams
★ SSC Competitive Exams
★ Railway Competitive Exam
★ Career Aptitude Test (IT Companies) and etc.
Topics Covered :
★ Aptitude Questions
★ Logical Reasoning
★ Verbal Reasoning
★ You only have to pay once, you may have to update the app sometimes but that does not require money
Learn with fun in games and activities.
* Count numbers sequentially from 1 to 20, and then in tens up to 100
* Trace numbers start from 1 to 10, and then up to 20.
* 7 games and activities
* sort number, count number, matching numbers, and memory games
* accelerometer and rotate number game
* speed writing number game
* Number train game
* scores and achievement goals to encourage kids to learn more.
Hope you enjoy and find this app useful to your child development.
The app covers all the topics of class IX and X under sections MAT( Mental ability test) and SAT (Scholastic Ability Test)in a very comprehensive and affable manner which guides you through your preparation .
App Features to look out for:
• More than 6500 question.
• Reading content with every chapter to clear concepts before practicing test.
• The PRACTICE section with a vast question bank.
• The LEARN section to help you assess and go through the ‘synopsis’ at a click.
• CUSTOM TEST to help you create and customise your tests and excel on your weak areas.
• Instant Analysis in the form of Reports and Solutions.
• Multiple attempts till you excel.
• Complete coverage of syllabus
• Practice Anytime Anywhere even in offline mode
How To Use The NTSE Application
• Download the free NTSE app
• Take the free sample tests of MAT & SAT
• Unlock your books.
• Take Multiple attempts
• View reports on the dashboard
• Submit results to qualify for leader-board
*** FEATURED IN THE NEW YORK TIMES: LEARN TO READ WITH TABLETS ARTICLE!***
This edition comes with 3 FREE Books. Books are only in ENGLISH. (A few Spanish books are available and Portuguese is coming).
Think of Booksy as training wheels for books. It gives kids independence and security while providing help and support. Watch them glow with pride as they are able to read by themselves and gain independence.
Booksy is at its heart a library of age appropriate level-readers. We believe kids WANT to read when to give them fascinating and interesting books. That is why we partnered with experts to create books on topics kids will love. They will not only dive into reading, but with our nonfiction series also learn. Many books are written by experts and PhDs. Beautiful full-color images and illustrations.
Common Core aligned! Books on science topics, social science, math and everyday activities.
But BOOKSY is so much more. It has amazing features that make learning to read simple and fun. And, it includes powerful tools for parents and teachers to track kids' progress.
Booksy requires Android 3.0 or higher. For full functionality, it requires a microphone. It's a TABLET ONLY APP. It has been optimized for most 7 and 10 inch tablets including Nexus 7 and 10.
• Kids can tap on ANY word to have it read out loud. Not just the whole page, but the words they find difficulty.
• Quizzes help cement reading comprehension.
• Up to 10 users can be tracked in this editions
• Record reading sessions and track their progress without looking over their shoulder (RECORDING WILL ONLY WORK ON DEVICES THAT SUPPORT THIS FEATURE)
• Adults/Teachers can track kids' progress in the Parental Dashboard
• Awesome content: level-readers on science topics—not just of literacy, but of science literacy!
• Motivation engine! Stars, awards and trophies keep kids engaged and coming back for more. Kids get:
⁃ Stars for every book they finish
⁃ Stars for every quiz where they get all the answers right
BOOKS AVAILABLE FOR IN APP PURCHASE:
LEVEL 0 (50-150 words, repetitive structures and words for kids who are just starting to read)
✓ The american Flag
✓ Hello Bunny!
✓ Pocket Animals
✓ Animal Colors
✓ Counting Robots
✓ All kinds of Fun: The Mc Penguin Brothers
✓ Mr. Talbot's vacation
✓ Animal Orchestra
✓ The Four Seasons!
✓ Days of the Week
✓ Field trip!
✓ School is Fun!
✓ Tommy's Day
LEVEL 1 (150-300 words, simplified structures, for readers who are beginning to venture into reading on their own)
✓ Humpback Whales!
✓ Exploring Mars!
✓ Emperor Penguins!
✓ Solar System!
✓ In a Jam!
✓ The Ojibwe
✓ The President of the United Stated
✓ Caterpillar to Butterfly
✓ Rhymes & Poems 1
✓ The Ugly Duckling
✓ The Tortoise & the Hare
✓ The Ant & the Grasshopper
✓ Jack & the Beanstalk
✓ Little Red Riding Hood
✓ The Moon
LEVEL 2 (300-500 words)
✓ Global Warming
✓ George Washington & the revolutionary war
✓ Thomas Jefferson & the Declaration of Independence
✓ The pilgrims & the First Thanksgiving
✓ The Beaty & the Beast
MORE BOOKS COMING EVERY WEEK!
Learning Fun. Fun Learning.