Idea - Evan Tapper
- Please tell me if it works with a Car Dock now.
Check out my other apps!
Works on eclair, froyo, gingerbread, and now honeycomb, provided your phone was already capable of car mode.
I've had trouble with this functionality embedded in Car Dock Home v3. Even google seems to keep their app that enters car mode separate from the market app that acts as a car home.
If you are on a froyo or better phone and have the Google 'Car Home' icon in your launcher, I recommend using that to enter car mode.
I'm compelled to make this free due to the functionality previously being in Car Dock Home v3 (free)
Unlike Car Home applications, you still will have access to all other screens of your home launcher.
HOW TO USE
On any home screen press "menu", then "add", select "widgets" and choose "Car Widget" from the list of available widgets.
You might need to restart the device in order to widget to appear in the list.
* 4x4 widget
* You can assign 4,6 or 8 shortcuts per widget
* 5 Skins: Holo, Glossy, Car Home, Metro (Windows Phone 7), BlackBearBlac
* Customization options: background color, opacity, font size and color, icons tint
* Replacement for "Car Dock" / "Car Home" applications.
* Apply custom icon and edit title of shortcut
* Apply ADW Icon pack
Available shortcuts (can be expanded by installed applications):
* Direct dial/ message
* Directions & Navigation (Using Google Maps)
* Gmail label
* Music playlist
* Built-In Shortcuts - (InCar switch, Play/Pause, Next, Previous - Experimental)
Free version includes Trial of the features available in the Car Widget Pro.
Car Widget Pro features:
Detects when you inside the car and adjusts settings of your phone.
Detection (possible to combine all of the options):
* When power cable connected
* When headphones connected
* When Bluetooth device connected
* Activity recognition
* Turn on Bluetooth
* Disable screen timeout
* Adjust screen brightness
* Adjust volume level of media
* Switch off Wi-Fi
* Route call to speaker
* Auto answer (Experimental)
* Autorun App
* Shortcuts in notification bar (Android 4.0)
- It's not possible to unlock the screen from widget
- It's not possible to switch to the specific screen from widget
- Not possible to switch GPS
CALL_PHONE (Directly call phone numbers)- used for direct call shortcut
WAKE_LOCK (Prevent phone from sleeping) - used to disable screen timeout
WRITE_SETTINGS (Modify system settings)- used to adjust brightness settings
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE and CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
BLUETOOTH and BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - required in order to switch Bluetooth state
(Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage) - Backup/Restore functionality
* On some devices you have option "Stay awake" (Under Settings -> Applications -> Development), you can enable it if your want to prevent phone from sleeping.
* Landscape mode: Not all launchers allow to use phone in landscape mode, just replace yours with alternative one that supports it (like LauncherPro or ADW).
You can find Car Widget Pro also in androidpit.com market.
(This marketplace has an option for PayPal)
Application that reads received text messages and automatically answers your calls with the speakerphone on, useful to avoid distraction while driving your car.
Enable application when entering the car and disable it when descending.
If you want that the application reads the text messages you receive.
If you want that the application answers automatically the incoming calls.
If you want that the application answers the incoming calls while there is a call in progress.
UNINSTALL NOTE: This app will be a 'Device Administrator' if you activate the 'Lock screen on undock' feature. You must deactivate the feature, or remove the app from your phone's device administrator before you can uninstall. Go to your phone's settings, Location & Security, Device Administrator, disable Car Dock Home v3, then uninstall as usual.
Add your favorite apps, shortcuts and widgets to as many as 7 screens, for easy access in the car. Defaults to a screen of 2x3 cells for large easy touch buttons.
Shortcut and app buttons can be renamed and given custom images.
* Full size widget support
* Landscape dialer pad (work in progress, but functions)
* Landscape contacts, and starred contacts
Supports many automatic settings when phone enters/exits car mode, like
* enable gps
* disable wifi
* enable bluetooth
* all volumes to max ( bugs: misses navigation volume, and ringer... )
* turn off device on undock
* Landscape/Portrait lock
* icon grid anywhere from 1x1 to 4x4
* full screen or not
* paging buttons, or not
* smooth scrolling like your home app.
* Icons scaling options.
* set timeout/inactivity page independent of start page. ( This is why people think it changes pages on it's own... cause it does... but you can control it. )
* OR pick a widget that will be displayed as a screen saver.
* Landscape friendly contact list & starred contacts list
* Navigation link that attempts to resume navigation if maps app is running ( not 100% reliable, a work in progress )
* exit car mode
* visit desktop without leaving car mode.
Your Input is Welcome!
Note: home key while in Car Dock app only takes you to start page if Car Dock app is set as default car home and you are in car mode. Car Dock does not automatically put the phone in car mode... Try google's 'Car Home' icon to launch car mode on froyo, or my 'Car Dock Control' for eclair/froyo/gingerbread...
If you don't like my dialer and contacts, you can use your own... Many complain that the stock Android dialer/contacts app doesn't support landscape, but I've found that it does, but on many phones you have to enable auto rotation in the dialer app preferences.
What is that puddle under my car?
Why won't it start?
What is that smell?
Why does it vibrate so much?
Questions like these are inevitably followed by "And how much is this going to cost?"
Wouldn't it be great if your car could talk to you? Actually, it can. You just need to know the language. Car Trouble can help you understand what your car is saying, and potentially save you a lot of money.
The sound might be a serious problem, or just a stone stuck in a tire tread. The puddle might be a coolant leak, or just condensation from your air conditioner. The smell could be leaking oil, overheated brakes, or a "gift" from your cat.
Car Trouble helps you understand what is happening with your car, whenever something goes wrong. Car Trouble asks a series of questions that help you diagnose problems, potentially avoiding an expensive trip to the dealer. Car Trouble helps identify noises, smells, fluid leaks, and much more. You may not be mechanically inclined, but a few minutes with a bit of guidance could save you hundreds of dollars.
Why is this different from other automation applications?
Bluetooth Car Mode Starter ensures that no duplicate toggles are made, this means that if you have an application that detects car mode and does stuff upon that, it will only detect car mode once.
Plus, it's open source.
This application doesn't do anything on Android 4.2, am I missing something?
No, Google removed a huge part of Car Mode in Android 4.2, luckily, workarounds exist for rooted users:
Install Xposed Framework and this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2361166
A customizable Car Home app replacement. Works with compatible car docks.
Full changelog/feature list at the site.
*Note: Home button only overridden if your phone is in car mode and CCH is the default app.
Email or post bugs/feedback on the site! If you find problems (particularly with Force Home override), please include your phone model, Android version, and what custom ROM you're running, if applicable.
*Max Audio Volume
Disable Screen Timeout
Auto Night Mode
This app prevents Car Home to open, when you you dock you phone in car dock!
Tested with Droid, and works 100%!
May not works on some new phones
please any issues send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Timer: User specifies a time interval and specifies the days in the week where the rule shall turn BT on. When the rule is triggered, bluetooth is activated in one of the two modalities: Continuous or Sampling. In continuous mode BT is turned on in the whole time interval specified by the rule. IN Sampling mode BT is turned on at evenly spaced intervals until the rule expires or the device connects to an accessory.
* WiFi: User specifies a wifi network by picking it from a list. When the device connects to the specified network AutoBluetooth turns on or off BT depending on the choice you made while configuring the rule (On and Off are the only choices). The user can also specify the days in the week where the rule is active.
* NFC: User specifies a time interval and specifies the days in the week where the rule shall turn BT on, as is for the Timer rule. In this case rule is checked only when an NFC tag is read by the device.
* GeoFence (PRO users only): User specifies if he wants to have BT on or of when a certain area is reached or left. The location is the current location of the device and the area has a 100 meters radius. Entering or exiting such area will trigger the rule. User can also specify days in the week where the rule is active.
* Battery charge (PRO users only): User specifies in which days of the week BT have to be activated when the device is connected to a power source (wall socket or usb cable). When device is disconnected from power source BT is disabled.
* Incoming Phone call (PRO users only): User specifies in which days of the week BT have to be activated when the device receives a phone call. When call ends BT is disabled
* Outgoing Phone call (PRO users only): User specifies in which days of the week BT have to be activated when the device makes a phone call. When call ends BT is disabled
* Driving (PRO users only): User specify in which days of the week BT have to be activated while driving a vehicle. When activity ends BT is turned off.
Auto Bluetooth is capable of detecting if the device is connected and can wait for its disconnection before turning the bluetooth off. This is particularly useful when the device connects during a timer activity and remains connected after the specified time.
If you use this for tethering, our other App may be useful for you. It must be installed on the device that acts as a internet gateway. The Auto Connect App must be installed on the device where you don't have a regular internet connection (e.g. WIFI only tablet). For instance if you have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7 Tablet. Auto Tether goes to the Phone and Bluetooth Auto Connect runs on the tablet.
With Version 0.6 we improved compatibility especiallay with A2DP devices. If you still have compatibility issues you can help us getting an overview about what works and what not by filling out this form:
For Galaxy Tab Plus (P6210) users with Android 3.2:
It seems that this app can't connect to other devices because of samsungs own auto connect feature. Users told us that it works with experimental Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich firmware!
It will then turn off Bluetooth based on your settings:
* When the call ends
* When the Bluetooth connection is lost
* Do not disable Bluetooth
Also included is the ability to auto answer call and specify specific Bluetooth devices to speed up connection
This app is particularly useful for when driving a car where you have forgotten to turn on Bluetooth for your in-car connection.
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt.
== Use Cases ==
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
== Permissions ==
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
We offer you three levels of vehicle history check:
+ Basic: Make, Model, Colour, Year, Transmission, Fuel, Body, Engine, Drive Type, Insurance and Export History, Number of keepers, Environmental Information, Performance Data, and more!
+ Gold: Everything from the basic report plus; Lots of technical data such as Weight, Bore, Stroke, Cam Type, etc. Top Speed, MPG, Police Computer History, Plate Changes and more!
+ ULTIMATE!: Everything from the basic and gold reports plus a full 5 part valuation of the vehicle provided by Glass's. The value when new, dealer value, private price, part-ex value, and poor condition price.
The price you pay is per vehicle, once you buy a history check it is yours to keep. You can email it to yourself from within the app.
We also provide Mileage and Outstanding Finance (Hire Purchase Agreement) Checks as an additional feature to all our reports, you can purchase these as an upgrade to any check from within the app*. Make sure that your next car doesn't have a hidden past; an undeclared history can affect your insurance premiums (and their validity).
Our data comes from a number of sources including the DVLA, Vehicle Manufacturers, The Police National Computer and Car Status Check.
. If you have any questions, or if you feel your report did not contain all the information it should have please contact us via the app and we will be glad to help. Or you can call us on 01732 25 2222.
All of this, and it’s considerably cheaper than an HPI Check or Experian Check!
Permissions: Why do we ask for these app permissions?
+ Directly call numbers, or services that cost money: Allows us to connect you to Instant Car Check support from within the app, we only do this when you tap the call button. We never dial without you starting the call.
+Full network access: Allows us to access the internet, and as such our servers. Without it you wouldn't be able to search for your car!
+Read phone state and identity: Lets us get your phone number, we only do this when you contact support so we can call you back. We let you choose if you want to send us your number first.
+Find accounts on this device: This is for the Google+ button on the apps launch page!
This app allows you to save pictures, audio and video from your txt messages to your SD card. Files are stored in the SavedMMS directory and are accessible from Pictures and Music.
(Click on an app again to remove the notification)
HideNSeek allows you to hide media files (pics, audio, video) from the Pictures, Music and Video Player. It is DISGUISED as a FLASHLIGHT app (white screen). Run the Flashlight app and press the Menu 3 times to log in. After you create a password, press Menu for instructions.