Science Today is the California Academy of Sciences’ channel for current stories on cutting-edge technologies, life, Earth, space, sustainability and Academy Research. Videos and articles are produced in-house and can also be found throughout the museum, and on our website. www.calacademy.org/sciencetoday.
Features include -
- A news summary covering stories from all sources ! Clean feed with no repeated stories. For each story - see all sources that covered it with a simple tap !
- Subscribe for push notifications for prominent stories (optional)!
- New discoveries, interviews, research results, studies and interesting talks - brought to you from the leading Youtube channels!
- Your very own news feed - choose the topics you want to follow and/or the topics you want blocked! Don't bother yourself with news that don't interest you!
- An awesome widget!
- Free built in read later - save interesting articles for later reading!
This application allows you to conveniently view a list of articles and if you want to open a detailed view articles with minimal user interface for ease of reading in any place and at any time.
List of articles and topics constantly updated.
At this point, the application has around 8 topics:
- Health and Medicine
You want to be up-to-date on the latest breakthroughs and cutting-edge technologies and understand the meaning behind the headlines everyone is talking about. If you want to grasp the world, then Discovery News is the app for you.
From the people who bring you the Discovery Channel, Discovery News (also available on the web at DiscoveryNews.com) is the collective effort of a team of experienced journalists dedicated to satisfying the curiosity of
our readers and to bringing them stories and perspectives they won't find anywhere else.
With the Discovery News app, you will be constantly updated with news articles, video stories, special features and more - with a primary focus on explaining the world through a lens of curiosity.
Discovery News features:
* Over 300 new stories and special features every month, updated every day by our staff of news producers.
* A "Top Stories" section featuring unique news stories of the day from our international team of reporters.
* A "Video" section with dozens of video stories produced by the world's first and finest team of science video journalists.
* Premiering "The Discovernator" -- our brand-new random amazing fact generator that will blow your mind.
* The ability to "Search" for topics that interest you from our vast archive of news content.
* In the "More" area, get news delivered to you the way you want it. Choose from Earth, Space, Tech&Gadgets, Animals, History, Human or Adventure.
Why buy expensive magazines and books or subscribe to journals when you can get all the required information on your mobile? Enjoy!
All rights reserved to the content's respective owners.
We daily update (live update) and categorize the content with the latest news from popular science sources.
You can add then read your favorite contents in offline mode wherever you are !
The world’s most widely read general science journal, Science provides broad, comprehensive coverage of the latest developments in science policy and cutting-edge research. From astronomy to microbiology, Science spans the sciences, and the globe, to keep you up to date on the events that are shaping science around the world.
As a subscriber you'll enjoy: 51 weekly issues delivered to your tablet or phone, instant online access to every Science article ever published since 1880, exclusive e-mail alerts, and much more.
Plus, every Science subscription includes a one-year membership in the non-profit AAAS. Open to everyone, AAAS is an advocate for all of the sciences, and is home to a community of over 120,000 people, from Nobel Laureates to high school students, who believe in the power of science to make our world a better place.
Subscribe today and fill your next 365 days with information, community, and Science.
Read articles from a wide range of fields in , physics, medicine, nanotechnology, electronics, earth and climate biology, chemistry, computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, medicine, mind and brain, technology etc.
Share articles via gmail.
Portrait and Landscape orientations supported.
☆ Latest News
☆ Computers & Math
☆ Matter & Energy
☆ Mind & Brain
☆ Health & Medicine
☆ Space & Time
☆ Earth & Climate
☆ Science & Society
☆ Fossils & Ruins
☆ Strange Science
This app is not affiliated or endorsed by sciencedaily.com
You can get to know to latest news, trends and research studies from the many disciplines of Science, such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc. No need to download separate apps or to scour through the web to read the finest articles on Science breakthroughs. They are available to you at a single touch.
This is a MUST-HAVE APP for research scientists, academics and for the students of Science !
Why You Will Love This App:
***** Best collection of websites / magazines related to Science.
***** More than hundred sites - At one touch,they are available to you !
***** You want to add a site which has been missing ? You can add the site. Also, you can delete the sites which you don't want.
***** Very ideal for devices with large screens.
NOTE: The app requires WiFi/3G/Internet connection and is supported by ads.
Kindly post your positive reviews here and if you have a critical point or suggestion to make, please do mail us !
2014 Google Editor’s Choice Winner as one of the top rated daily news apps on Google Play.
Up-to-the-minute national & world breaking news in a lightning-fast, beautifully personalized interface.
“News Republic offers the cure for infobesity” CNET.
“If you love news, News Republic is the right app for you!” AppDictions.
“Best News App”! AppStorm.
• Visual: Get the latest breaking news headlines from your favorite topics in a highly visual format.
• Smart: News Republic learns as you read, personalizing your news experience automatically.
• In the know: My News Digest is your daily news briefing built around YOU.
• Complete: We bring you complete articles with full text, photos and videos from trusted sources around the world.
• Yours: Choose from over 1m topics for a custom home screen and news experience.
• In-depth: Explore related topics via Tag Nav™, our innovative news navigation system.
• Customizable: Add custom headlines from your favorite RSS newsfeeds.
Featured news partners include Reuters, Bloomberg, Huffington Post, TechCrunch and many more.
Get complete news coverage on: National News, World News, Technology, Politics, Sports, Entertainment and over 1 million topics that you can personalize.
News Republic offers worldwide breaking news headlines in 13 regional editions - USA, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Russia, China, India, LatAm and International.
Create your own news personal profile and use across multiple devices by signing in with either email, Facebook or your Google + profile.
You can even save news articles for reading or sharing later and access a snapshot of the entire app’s newsfeeds offline if you know you’re going to be out of coverage.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Be informed. Be prepared. Be engaged.
Facebook - facebook.com/News.Republic
Twitter - @NewsRepublic
YouTube - youtube.com/MyNewsRepublic
Extensions included for Android Wear
Companion app available for Samsung Gear
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
Un grand merci à tous pour vos commentaires et encouragements ! N'hésitez pas à nous communiquer vos remarques et suggestions directement par email à l'adresse email@example.com
Suivez en direct les dernières découvertes scientifiques, les avancées de la recherche... Mais aussi toute l'actualité de l'exploration spatiale, de l'astronomie, des nouvelles technologies, des questions d'environnement et de santé.
Décryptage, dossiers, rencontres, reportages, infographies, quiz... sont autant de façons d'aborder l'actualité des sciences et du savoir vue par la rédaction de Sciences et Avenir.
Des fonctionnalités avancées pour votre mobile et votre tablette :
- une mise en page qui s'adapte automatiquement à l'écran de votre téléphone et de votre tablette
- une vue rapide et personnalisable des informations-clés du moment
- des alertes d'actualité paramétrables et la possibilité de s'inscrire aux newsletters
- les articles et les dépêches classés par rubrique
- la possibilité de sauvegarder et de commenter les articles directement depuis l'application
- le partage rapide d'article par email et via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ et LinkedIn
NPR's Science Friday®, with Ira Flatow. Tasty bytes - audio and video - of lively and thoughtful ideas with the experts, from Oliver Sacks to Jane Goodall, Francis Collins to Isabella Rossellini.
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in