Turn expensive UK 0870, 0845, 0800 numbers into cheaper landline numbers for your mobile.
Use your free minutes for the 0870 0871 0844 0845 0800 number!
All successful calls will be made across an 01/02 number (which is taken from your bundled free minutes) PAYG and those outside their bundled free minutes will be charged at 01/02 rates.
This app lets you search for a replacement direct dial number for 0870, 0845, 0800 which are expensive from mobiles, and often not included in inclusive minutes.
This app is also useful to anybody who has an 08 number to call and is abroad. please bare in mind standard international rates set by your network operator still apply but it will be cheaper than ringing an 08 number.
PLEASE NOTE - WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR QUALITY OF ANY ALTERNATIVE NUMBERS RETURNED BY THE APP, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
***IF NO ALTERNATIVE NUMBER IS FOUND AND YOU CALL THE 08 NUMBER THEN YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT THE RATE SET BY YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER***
Data provided by 0870.me
As featured in Metro, Call Centre Focus, Kiss FM, Heart and BBC Radio and TV, amongst others.
WINNER Real Business Future 50 People's Champion Award!
WeQ4U is an Android app that works with any Android phone, and puts you through to any UK number starting 0800, 0808,0500 (i.e. ALL FREEPHONE) and all 01, 02, 03, or 0870 numbers, as well as thousands of other 0871, 0872, 0873, 0843, 0844 and 0845 numbers in our extensive database of UK companies - that's MORE than SayNoTo0870!
To use it, just enter the number you wish to reach and the app will connect you. If you get stuck in a queue, just press 9* on your telephone keypad, and your phone will disconnect from the call.
We very much appreciate the many positive reviews from our users, however it's worth saying that WE HAVE NO WAY TO RESPOND TO USER REVIEWS. Google does not provide a mechanism for this :((( So, IF YOU HAVE A BUG REPORT, A PROBLEM, QUESTIONS OR FEATURE REQUESTS please don't put them in Feedback/Reviews as then we have no way to respond and help you - email us at email@example.com instead, please. You may be able to answer your query by visiting www.weq4u.co.uk too.
***We Queue For You***We Q For You***We Queue 4 You***We Q 4 You***We Queue For U***We Q For U***We Queue 4 U***We Q 4 U***
We'll stay in the queue for you, and when an agent answers, you will be automatically reconnected straight away.
We save you time and money:
Calls through WeQ4U are included in your standard minutes, saving you around 30p per minute on your 08 calls! Plus, you don't use any minutes for the time we wait in the queue for you. How good is that!
WeQ4U has an auto-use feature so it will automatically avoid 08 charges whenever possible, whether you call through the application or through the normal phone dialer, or contacts. You can disable this by starting the app and unchecking the Auto-Use box, if you need to.
This version of WeQ4U is ad supported. Search for 'WeQ4U NoAds' to find the ad-free version.
Does it record my calls? No. We just deliver them straight to the call centre.
Will it share my personal details? No. We take privacy very seriously, and are not interested in your personal information.
So what's the catch? There isn't one. Enjoy!
NOTE: For numbers that do NOT start with 01,02,03, 0870 or 0800, the number must exist in our database in order do be used. We have tens of thousands of 0844, 0845 and 0871 numbers from public sources. Most popular 0844, 0845 and 0871 numbers are in our database. Overall, we are able to successfully service 70% of all queries for these numbers.
Please note: Alternate numbers are sourced from publicly available sources. We cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or quality of any alternative numbers used by the app/service, as we can't manually check every one. Use of WeQ4U is therefore entirely at your own risk.
WeQ4U is the latest round in our battle to end the misery of waiting on hold at UK call centres. We need your help to make it work!
Please sign up to our Facebook page and app - this gives you an extra chance to win an iPad 2 with every call you make.
This free app saves your money by providing you with the geographic alternative to 08 number for your mobile.
Simply use search icon to find a replacement direct numbers by typing the company name or dial the 08 number in the app's dialler, it will bring up the numbers you can call, just select the number and your mobile will call.
Main features includes:
1. Search replacement number using company name.
2. Search replacement number using 08 number directly.
3. Save call log to show the historical call records
4. Add app's contact
5. Share number with others using facebook, twitter, email and text message etc.
All successful calls will be made across an 01/02 number (which is taken from your bundled free minutes). PAYG and those outside their bundled free minutes will be charged at 01/02 rates.
PLEASE NOTE - WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR QUALITY OF ANY ALTERNATIVE NUMBERS RETURNED BY THE APP, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
This app saves you money by trying to find alternative numbers
Simply dial your number in the usual way (using Android dialer)
A browser window should popup instead of the call going through
Please provide feedback!
Why pay 40p/min to call from your mobile when 08magic does it so much cheaper? There are no hidden costs with 08magic - 15p/min is all you will ever pay.
Unlike similar apps (such as Say No To 0870, 08 Wizard, 0800Buster and 08NO), 08magic isn't restricted to the 08 numbers in our database - instead it routes your call to the actual number you dialled rather than an alternate number, so it works with ALL 08 numbers (freephone, local rate and national rate).
On the 08magic settings page you can choose whether to enable for freephone numbers (0800, 0500, 0808), other 08 numbers (0845, 0844, 0870) or disable altogether. Once enabled, just dial 08 numbers as normal and the app will intercept the call to ensure that you pay a fixed price of 15p/min.
Many of today’s large companies (banks, utility companies) use 08 numbers as a way for you to contact them via phone. When calling these from a mobile, the cost is always far more than from a landline. 08magic lets you call without the worry of incurring 'bill shock' on your mobile phone. Calls via 08 magic will appear on your bill as calls to 66200 @ 15p/min.
Find out more at 08magic.co.uk. Enjoy saving money, and please leave feedback!
If you’re a Residential BT customer you can now make calls for the same great value as if you were using your BT calling plan, all through your smartphone’s Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
- You can save money making calls to 0800, 0845 and 0870 numbers
- You can make calls back to the UK from abroad for the same price you’d pay if you were in your living room.
- You can make great value calls without having to top up your Pay-As-You-Go credit
Key features of the App:
- Free app available to all BT Residential customers
- Make calls from your smartphone using your BT home calling plan
- Save money on expensive mobile calls to 0800, 0845 & 0870 numbers
- Use your mobile fearlessly when calling the UK from abroad. But remember, your BT home calling plan stays on the UK time zone!
- No need to keep topping up your PAYG credit
- Up to 5 devices per household; unique BT.com login required per device
How the app works:
1. Download the app and complete the sign-up journey; you’ll need to be at home to link your mobile with your home phone and complete your registration.
2. This app has been designed and optimised to function over Android devices version 2.3 and up. It should still work on earlier versions, but we recommend customers upgrade to the latest version of Android for the best customer experience.
3. Up to 5 devices can be registered per household, but a unique BT.com log-in is required per device. You can create an additional log-in during the registration process.
4. The BT account holder will be informed of all new registrations and has the ability to manage their BT SmartTalk service online at www.bt.com/mybt/btsmarttalk - including limiting the type of number each user can call, or even blocking new registrations.
5. You’ll also need an internet connection! You can make calls over Wi-Fi, whether at home or out-and-about, or using a 3G/4G connection – Wi-Fi is best as your mobile service provider may charge you for data usage.
6. Please note that call quality is dependent on the quality of your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection – BT SmartTalk will warn you by displaying a message if your signal strength is poor. Problems connecting? Run the ‘Connection Test’ in the ‘Help’ section of the app.
7. Calls made from this app will cost the same as from your home phone, using your BT calling plan rather than your mobile rates or minutes.
8. People will see your mobile number when you call them via the app rather than your home phone number.
9. You’ll see all BT SmartTalk calls itemised by user mobile number on your BT bill, including calls made outside of your home calling plan.
10. For more information on your BT home calling plan, you’ll need to ask the BT account holder.
There is simply no need to spend up to 41 pence per minute calling 0845, 0800, 0844 and 0870 numbers from your mobile anymore. Skycom have developed a money saving app called the '08 Wizard', an app full of the most popular businesses using 08 numbers and their alternative 01/02 and 03 numbers.
When you search for, or dial an 08 number, the app will see if it's in the database and if it's there, will present you with the local rate 01/02 number to call. Call charges to the 01/02 or 03 number get taken from the bundled minutes you already have instead of your wallet.
* Search on a name or number
* Autosuggest on company names
* Contacts integration
* 0800 Wizard
There is no difference to the call, you're simply dialling the number directly instead of going through an 08.
We are always adding the most requested numbers to our database and currently have over 27,000 to choose from. There are of course therefore a vast number of businesses we don't have alternative numbers for, but there's still enough for most people to save a wad of cash. We're confident there is a number or 2 for you to save on!
All successful calls will be made across the businesses 01 or 02 number or a dynamic 03 number (which costs the same as an 01/02 and is taken from your bundled minutes). PAYG and people outside their bundled minutes will be charged at normal local rates. Users who choose to dial the 084 and 087 numbers direct will be charged the full cost by their network provider!
Follow @08Wizard on Twitter to keep up to date with changes and to provide feedback, alternatively you can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This app will replace the 08 number you enter with a 01/02 number, and allow you to see the name of the company to which it is registered, and allow you to call direct from the app.
We're constantly adding to our database, it contains more numbers than any other app out there!
Start saving money today!
CALL THEM FOR FREE using your bundled minutes and start saving money today!
The 0800 Wizard converts expensive 0800 numbers into local rate 03 numbers allowing you to use your bundled minutes for the calls instead.
Calling an 03 number costs the same as calling an 01 or an 2 number and whilst the cost to call these is usually included in your monthly minutes, you will be charged at normal rates if you have no minutes left or are on PAYG.
We've also updated it with an intercept feature (that you can toggle on and off from the settings menu) which means you can now dial freephone numbers DIRECTLY, using your phone's dialler.
Your network wants you to pay extra to call 0800, 0808 and 0500 numbers. We don't.
The 0800 Wizard enables you to AVOID THESE CHARGES by swapping the number you're dialling for one that can be used WITHIN YOUR BUNDLED MINUTES, an 03 (same as an 01 or 02)
If you exceed your bundled contract minutes (or you are a PAYG customer) then the calls are simply charged at normal networks rates*
You can't lose.
So the 0800 Wizard App is truly magic! Just dial the 0800, 0808 or 0500 number in the 0800 Wizard (or your phone's dialler if you have the intercept feature turned on) and we'll wave our magic wand which routes the call via an 03 number - ABRACADABRA! Your call is connected.
Follow @0800wizard on Twitter to keep up to date with changes and to provide feedback; alternatively, you can reach us at email@example.com
Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers
Awarded Website Of The Day by BBC Radio 2, and featured
on the BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show and The Guardian
tagwords: here u can search for non-geographical alternative numbers for uk..say no to 08700..0800.0844..0845 etc
More from developer
Add multiple widgets to track your friends and followers. Updates of multple widgets are grouped together to save on battery usage.
Currently contains 2 widget types are particular widgets you are interested in.
- Small 1x1 - displays current klout score, twitter name, last updates date
- Med 2x1 Delta - displays current klout score, scorce deltas (i.e daily, weekly, monthly change), twitter name,
Encase you see differences in the data on the klout website and widget, please note the data comes from the Klout API and so the widget can only be as up-to-date as the API.
This is beta release, I’m working on a few other widget designs. Drop me an email/tweet if there more info you want to see.
Enter your twitter name to discover and be recognised for how you influence the world.
Klout Dashclock extension requires DashClock Widget by Roman Nurik:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.dashclock
Internet - to go and get the latest klout api data
Sample project from https://github.com/scottyab/secure-preferences
AppIcon credit: dAKirby309 (Michael) http://www.iconarchive.com/artist/dakirby309.html
I am looking at some security hardening techniques and found some older and Chinese devices didn't support the crypto I expected.
Specifically as I was interested in:
- SSL: The version of TLS and SSL cipher suites supported by different devices
- Encryption: the providers, algorithms and modes supported
If there's time in a future version I'll add the option to upload to Parse and display crowd sourced stats for other devices.
Let me know if you find it useful or have suggestions