“Scoutlook” is a mobile app designed to help military and civilian families find their way around Fort Bragg Communities of Cumberland County, NC. With custom filtering options, user-specific recommendations and integrated GPS capabilities, Scoutlook provides users with on-the-go access to events, attractions, hotels, restaurants and other things around them, both on-base and off-base.
For Military families and soldiers stationed on-base, ScoutLook offers directions, contact information and user eviews of all the Fort Bragg facilities, as well as integrated access to MWR's event calendar.
When the “off-base” preference is selected, ScoutLook transforms into a pocket guide for civilian families around Fort Bragg Communities.
• User Profile/Dossier – Review and edit your current profile to dynamically change your experience with the app and provide more detailed demographic data for a more precise app experience.
• Facebook Integration – Login with your Facebook account; see which of your Facebook friends are using ScoutLook.
• Search – Use the free-form search box to find listings.
• Category List – Select from a category list and browse by sub-category.
• Ratings – Rate listings based on your experience (1-5 stars). Military users can see which establishments are “military friendly" based on its reviews.
• Write a Review – Write a detailed review of your experiences or read past reviews from other ScoutLook users for any listing.
• Entity/Venue Detail – Get detailed descriptions, contact information, hours of operation and directions for any listing.
• Nearby – View a map of the listings in your immediate area.
• Sort - Sort result list by distance or rating.
• Results View - Display results on map or as a list.
• Filter – Filter results for any category based on maximum distance, on/off base location and minimum rating.
• Event Calendar - View the upcoming events based on calendar day or your location - and see events on any calendar day.
• Google Maps Integration - Get turn-by-turn directions to any listing with one click.
• MyScout - Get custom recommendations for nearby events and dining you might enjoy based on preferences you’ve entered in your profile.
“ScoutLook” is created by the Army’s Army. Copyright, “2013 Fayetteville Area CVB”
THE ARMY’S ARMY was established in May 2008 as the world's only volunteer organization of citizens and businesses who've pledged their moral, physical and spiritual support to those in the military. Specifically, we will do everything we can to make soldiers and their families feel welcome, appreciated and safe. We don’t just give lip service to the line “Support the troops,” we live it.