In Android 5.0 Lollipop, Google updated the Camera API. But, just because your device may be running Android Lollipop or Marshmallow, doesn't mean that your device's camera supports the full functionality. This app answers that question: "what features of the Camera2 API does my camera support?"
The app generates a report on the Camera2 API support of each camera device (e.g. both BACK and FRONT cameras). For developers, in addition to the display, much of the report is also output via Log.i(), which facilitates saving the information on a PC.
Android version requirements:
• The Camera2 API was added in Android 5.0, so this app requires Android ≥ 5.0.
• Additional Camera2 Capabilities were added in Android 5.1 and 6.0 (e.g. READ_SENSOR_SETTINGS), so you may see more on a 5.1 or 6.0 device.
Example top-level results:
• The Nexus 5's BACK camera has a FULL support, but its FRONT camera is LIMITED.
• The OnePlus One, even with Android 5.1.1, has only LEGACY support (which means it is BACKWARD_COMPATIBLE, but doesn't provide any new Camera2 features)
• The Samsung Galaxy S6 has LIMITED support on both the front and back cameras.