BoatUS has been delivering time, money and lifesaving services to recreational boaters nationwide since 1966. We fight for your rights on Capitol Hill, provide water and road towing services, low-cost marine insurance, discounts at boating businesses nationwide, and more! For more information visit www.BoatUS.com to join over half a million members that know it pays to belong.
• Easily call for a tow on the water or road and BoatUS will know your location
• View your latitude & longitude (even out of cell range)
• Display your Membership card for discounts at marinas and other businesses
• Find BoatUS Member Discounts, Towboat Ports, and West Marine Stores near you
• See your current tide chart, as well as weather information and forecast for all your favorite boating locations
• Take and share photos of your fun on the water
• Share your location, raft up anchorage or favorite fishing hole via Facebook, text or email
Fast and Efficient Dispatch
Pushing the "Call for a Tow" button connects you to one of BoatUS’ 24/7 Dispatch Centers who will know where you are based on your phone's GPS. If you are a Member, they will also know who you are, what boat you’re most likely on, and what towing level you have. For Members who choose to buy Unlimited or Unlimited Gold Towing, BoatUS will pay the bill so you don't have to!
BoatUS Members can select the "Digital Member Card" option and an image of your Membership card will be displayed, showing your name, Member number, expiration date, and towing levels. By having the card right on your phone, it is easy to show proof of Membership and get discounts at marinas and boating businesses!
Weather & Tides
At a glance, see current weather conditions and tidal information right from the home screen. Within the Weather section, you’ll see current weather and forecasts for up to 5 days, for your current location or any custom location you set within the "Manage Locations" (located in Settings).
Use the map to find partners who give BoatUS Members special discounts on fuel, transient slips, repairs and more. You can also locate BoatUS towboat ports and life jacket loaner sites. Use the Filters to adjust exactly what types of locations you want to see. Select the location from the map (or the list) to see contact information and what discounts or services that partner provides to BoatUS Members.
Map it Out
At the top of your BoatUS Towing App, you will see your nautical Latitude and Longitude displayed. The app's GPS function still works even when out of cell phone range. When in cell phone range, you can view your location from the Service Locator. These features make it easy to relay your location over your phone or VHF radio in times of need!
Call 800-888-4869 or visit www.BoatUS.com for additional information.
With the U.S. Coast Guard app, you can:
- Identify the boating safety laws, requirements and resources available in your home state, the state where you keep your vessel or the state where you are planning to operate.
- Request a vessel safety check from the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Determine what safety equipment you are required to carry by law based on the size and type of vessel you are operating. The app also recommends additional safety equipment you might want to consider.
- File a float plan with up to three friends, loved ones or other responsible parties. While you cannot file a float plan directly with the Coast Guard, the app helps you develop a float plan that will allow your responsible party to provide search and rescue coordinators with important information they can use to facilitate a missing or overdue boater case.
- Review the most commonly sought out navigational “rules of the road.”
- Access weather information from the closest NOAA buoy to your current location.
- Report a navigational hazard to the Coast Guard – this could be a buoy or marker out of place, a sunken vessel or some other obstacle obstructing safe passage of a Federal waterway.
- Report pollution to the Coast Guard – from a minor oil sheen at the dock to a major pollution event, you can help protect our marine environment.
- Report suspicious activity to the Coast Guard – if you see something, say something! We all have a shared responsibility for homeland security.
While the U.S. Coast Guard app will help you better prepare for your time on the water and may help you contact the Coast Guard in an emergency, it is not a replacement for a VHF-FM marine radio, EPIRB, safe boating classes and common sense. Learn more about being a responsible boater at http://www.uscgboating.org/.
The U.S. Coast Guard app is a self-contained mobile application that resides solely on your mobile device. Information about yourself, your vessel and your current or past locations is only shared with the Coast Guard when you choose to do so.
Check out the great content in BoatUS Magazine and discover all the benefits of BoatUS Membership at www.BoatUS.com!
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications and mobile magazine apps.
Boat Ramps from TakeMeFishing.org has an easy-to-use interface and provides a list of ramps close to your current location or any address, zip code or city you enter into the application. Once you’ve found the boat ramp you’re looking for, the app can even provide you with directions to the ramp.
The owners are private individuals, companies, shipyards and banks.
All the available boats can be checked through the datasheets and viewed on board with one of our contact people.
All the phases of the negotiation will be followed by our staff: visit on board, offer, survey and sea trial, bill of sale, registration and deletion certificate, insurance and delivery.
-One-stop shopping for water quality predictions, river stage, river flow, weather and forecasts
-Also provides locations of marinas and boat ramps, fish advisories and marine traffic
SoCalJetBoats.com is Southern California's Premier Jet Boat Forum & Online Community. This JetBoat Forum features articles, forums, boats and boat parts classifieds and galleries of races, events, and other random happenings. This is a community of boaters that isn't just exclusive to SoCal or even Jet Boats which makes it a great place for the discussion of the lifestyle or just for some good old tech support.
Buoys allows you to browse buoy data using either your current location or by entering a location (city, state, zip code, or even GPS coordinates.
If you like military climates, this watch face may suit you well. It pretends to be an old-fashioned military radar screen.
The application is a replacement for regular Smartwatch SW2 watch faces. It supports low power mode, however may increase power consumption slightly.
More information, ideas, suggestions, error reports: http://dev.nwg.pl/radar-clock
- Open the SmartWatch 2 app,
- edit watch faces,
- create a new watchface,
- click 'clocks',
- choose the watchface you've just installed,
- enjoy :)
Many thanks to Naheel Azawy for his excellent tutorial @ XDA forum.
German translation: Trespassing @XDA forum.
watchface watch face clock
Smart extension for SmartWatch 2
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
Ideal for people who want to time their walk on their local beach.
Automatically captures tide data when launched but only if necessary.
Option to send SMS of tide data to a phone for storage and later retrieval without launching the app.
Option to list your preferred location on the top of the list of all tide locations available.
The writer of the app takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the data therein. The application is for casual recreational use. If your personal safety in dependent on precise tidal information than you should consult other sources which are guaranteed to be precisely accurate.