What is it?
This app is a viewer for passbooks - a passbook could be a e.g. boarding-pass for your next flight, a coupon for a nice hot beverage on the destination, a movie ticket, a membership card - there are a lot of possibilities.
Basically it is a replacement for a piece of paper or plastic you would normally have to carry with you - so lets save some trees and reduce waste!
Also this app is Free-Software - Free not only as in "Free Beer" - but more as in Richard Stallmans Concept of Free and Open Software for a better World.
How does it work?
There are so called pkpass files - you can open them with this app - e.g. when you receive them via email or get an Download-option. The most important content is the BarCode ( QR , AZTEC & PDF417which authorizes you most of the time - but it also has other interesting content like a description - often a time ( that you now can add to your calendar ) - often also locations ( to give you directions ) - just try It out!
The app is offline usable once you downloaded the pass!
I stumbled upon Passbook files when i received my ticket for the 29c3 - I liked the Idea - but there was no Android App which was working for me. I saw that the implementation is quite easy ( just a zip container with json and images ) - The first version was build very quick & was working for me ( got entry to 29C3 ) - In the following year I have not worked on this app much as I had no real use-cases but there where a lot of users downloading the app and I fixed processing of some passes that where send to me ( some passes contain really broken json .. )
One year later - just before the 30C3 - I came to work a bit on this app again - for 2 reasons:
- a friend of mine is very into this whole BTLE thing and location beacon / context aware thing could be interesting for Passbook - but nothing ready yet
- I got a mail from a Luis Torrecilla - a very nice designer who did a great redesign
This all was leading to PassAndroid - a completely new version - with a new look and new functions ( sorting and adding to calendar alongside pull to refresh a navigation drawer and contextual ActionBar menu )
Passes that work
Austrian Airlines ( http://www.austrian.com/ )
cleartrip ( tested with IRCTC - Indian Railway )
Porter Airlines ( tested in North America )
Ticketfly ( tested in North America )
Saudi Arabian Airlines
entrada cine ( entradas.com )
Empire Theatres Tickets
owl ticket Kinépolis
Cineworld in Middlesborough UK
Cinecitta in Nuremberg
Kinepolis cinemas in Belgium
chaos communication congress
these are only some I know of - please drop me an email or post into the community about the ones you know that work
Source Code / Issues
both on github:
Keywords: cards gift cards store cards pass passes passbooks qr-code qr-codes ticket tickets entry loyalty cards passsource membership identification member conference ticket boarding pass travel
Introduced in Apple's iOS 6, Passbook's PKPass file format will quickly become the de facto standard for mobile ticketing.
To import a Passbook pass, simply click on the link / attachment (as you would a PDF or image file) and select PassWallet. The Passbook pass is then stored in PassWallet.
Note, this application manages .pkpass files, and will not create passes from other links / webpages / document formats.
Backup of Passbook passes (and syncing between devices) possible via Dropbox or Google Drive.
Passbook passes can be redeemed via NFC using codeREADr (https://www.codereadr.com), Tap-Thru (http://spirals.co.jp) or other compatible readers.
PassWallet is now fully integrated with Renfe (http://www.renfe.com/) in Spain.
PassWallet works with Lufthansa (see http://atti.do/pw-lufthansa for details) and other airlines that offer .pkpass files as downloads / email attachments.
List of services in use with PassWallet here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/passwallet/passwallet-supported-sites/614638531917970
RENFE, entradas.com, airberlin, Lufthansa, Kinepolis, Cleartrip, Wizz Air, ticketea, Swiss International Air Lines, Nettbuss, Resorts World Manila, Hesta, Binter Canarias, Ticketfly, Virgin Australia, Рамблер, Walnut Passes & Germanwings
Developer documentation to support push updates and integrate with Android apps can be found here http://atti.do/pwdev
Full FAQ can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/passwallet/passwallet-faq/546965562018601
Q) What does "Scan code" do?
A) Apple introduced in iOS7 the concept of Passbook branded QR codes that contain the URL of a pass, allowing a user to quickly import a new pass. e.g. a coffee shop could have a QR code for a coupon for your next visit by the checkout. These are currently not widely available.
Q) A pkpass isn't offered on a website / confirmation email when using an Android device, but is when using iOS. Why?
A) Some companies currently block access to pkpass files for non-iOS users. If you could email the company in question (we think it'll hold more weight coming from their customers) and CC email@example.com we'll do our best to follow it up.
Q) Will you be supporting Samsung Wallet?
A) We will look into Samsung Wallet should it start being offered to consumers via websites, emails, etc.
Q) I click on a link to my ticket and PassWallet isn't on the list of apps. Why?
A) Is the link referring to a .pkpass file? If the list of apps are all web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) or PDF viewers (Adobe Reader, Amazon Kindle, etc.) you've probably got a ticket in the form of a web page or PDF.
Q) I'm seeing problems with PassWallet. What do I do?
A) While we strive to test PassWallet on a good cross section of devices, we are currently compatible with 3,469 different Android devices, each running multiple versions of Android OS, with different network operator customisations. If every app developer tested on ALL of these, there'd be less than a hundred apps in Google Play! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the problem, including as much info as you can (device details, what you were doing, what else was running, etc.) and we'll look into it.
"Passbook" & "iOS" are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
"Samsung Wallet" is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
It creates industry standard Aztec bar-code. Automatically deletes expired boarding passes.
Fully support Apple Passbook specification：
1) Collect and manage membership cards, coupon tickets, event tickets, movies tickets, transport cards and etc.
2) Support QR Code, Aztec and PDF417.
3) Show the relevant passes on the lock screen according to current location or time.
4) Support iBeacon.
5) Support changing and updating notification of Passbook.
6) Support localization of the pass up to 35 languages.
What is Passbook?
Passbook is the officially electric cards and tickets ( aka passes) standard specified by Apple. There is a Passbook App you can collect passes directly for iOS. Also, there is a Passes App you can collect Passbook passes for Android.
A lot of wel-known companies support Passbook such as transportation, movie theater, event tickets, coffee, fast food, cosmeceutical shops and etc.
"Passbook" is the registered trademark of Apple Inc. Passes is not Apple official App.
easyJet just got easier for Android users with this FREE easyJet app. You can search, book and manage your flights all in the palm of your hand. Accessing your travel information on the go has never been so easy!
What can you do with this app?
BOOK FLIGHTS – QUICK AND CLEAR
Book your easyJet flights in an experience designed to be as fast as possible
MANAGE YOUR BOOKINGS - CONVENIENT AND FLEXIBLE
View your bookings, change your flights, manage disruption and add seats, bags, sports equipment and much more
MOBILE CHECK-IN - FAST AND SIMPLE
Even if you booked on easyJet.com you can use the new passport scanning feature, making your check-in faster than ever before
MOBILE BOARDING PASSES - SAVES YOU TIME AND PAPER
Store up to five boarding passes per flight on your phone which will be available offline so you don’t need a data connection
FLIGHT TRACKER – KEEPS YOU UPDATED
Check the latest arrival & departure information for easyJet flights with real time live updates direct from easyJet Operations Control Centre
Overhauled our Advanced Passenger Information System (APIS)
- You can now check and add information individually per passenger
- Even if you didn't book the flight you can import the booking and add information
- Use the new Passport scanning feature which populates the data for you
- And next time, you won’t need your passport as you can simply and securely retrieve it
You don't want to show your photo gallery to TSA or fail scanner with lock/dim/black screen, orientation change...
Easy access to your boarding pass: at security, during boarding; you may bypass screen lock and show boarding pass by pressing the POWER key.
Add from gallery or webshot, screen saver, scroll lock and more...
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning Android app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and other seat products and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles account balance and current Medallion status
• Check in and download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide)
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Support for Android Wear™ – once checked in, view your eBoarding Pass on your watch
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel in one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
The Fly Delta app for Android and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s WiFi enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information.
Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. With its unsurpassed global network, Delta and its partner airlines offer service to more than 350 destinations in nearly 70 countries in six continents.
Take the airport monitor everywhere you go! Do you want to check whether your flight is on time? All arrivals and departures from Genève Aéroport on the day and the next are listed in the application. Consult their status to find out if there’s been any change. The file on each flight indicates the flight number, check-in desks, gate, airline and type of aircraft.
The application allows you to track any flight departing from or arriving at Genève Aéroport. The tracking function allows you not only to have easy access to the flight file but also to be notified of any change in its status (push) and to activate the personal guide. You can access the right file directly by scanning the boarding pass. A simple click allows you to share the flight tracking information with your contacts!
Personal travel assistant
Whether you’re a seasoned globetrotter or, on the contrary, are afraid you’ll forget something, you’ll find a use for the personal assistant included in the flight file. Passenger security, gate, itinerary, the next train/bus connections – get the information you need just by clicking. All the key stages, on departure or arrival, are listed.
Visit the different airport levels using a 3D map, consult points of interest or find out how to get from one point to another – it’s never been easier.
Feel like doing some shopping? Every shop has a file. Consult the practical information or add it to your favourites. If you can’t find a shop at the airport, display it on the map and follow the path indicated.
Are you coming to the airport by car? Find out how busy the parking lots are and calculate the cost using the application. Are you one of those people who can never remember where they parked their car? GVApp remembers for you!
Manage bookings from Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Ritz-Carlton, Westin, Waldorf Astoria, Hampton, Radisson, Wyndham, Millennium, Accor, and many others.
IMPROVE YOUR STAY:
·Get Driving Directions
·Add to Calendar
·Book Another Room
·Check in/out Dates
·Check in/out Times
·View Reservation Status
·Keep Track of All Past & Future Reservations
·Share Reservation Details
English currently, additional languages coming soon.
• Get our best fares to destinations worldwide
• Log into your KLM or My Flying Blue account and have your details and preferences to hand
• Choose your destination and travel dates and simply book your flight
• Check in for your flight, for any connecting flights and for all travelers in your group
• Get an e-boarding pass either in Passbook or the KLM app, so no need for a printed boarding pass
• View and change all your travel details in My Bookings
• Cancel check-in or change your seat
• Look for the latest departure information concerning your flight
• Get transfer assistance to easily find your way to the next gate at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Questions? Ask away!
• Search by category or view the top 10 FAQs
• For 24/7 service, contact KLM on Facebook and KLM Twitter
• Please give us your feedback on this app via email@example.com
• Cellular data settings & Wi-Fi connection information: We use network access to provide you with the latest gate info when using the airport navigation functionality.
• Photo/Media/Files: We use storage access to store the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport map on your device, so that you have access to it, when using the airport navigation functionality.
• Location: We use your location to determine whether we can offer you guidance at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.
Log in once and you'll have fast and easy access to everything you need - trips, flight status, boarding passes, check-in and more.
Download the app today and you can also:
- Quickly view flight info from your recent searches
- Check in quickly from 'My trips'
- Look up, label and organize your trips
- Store all your boarding passes in the app's boarding pass wallet
- Email trip info to your friends and family
- See club locations and terminal information
- Access your Dividend Miles account and read news
Mobile boarding passes
When you check in, choose 'Send my passes to my smartphone' and enter the email address you used to register. Then, you can access all your passes in the boarding pass wallet.
Free in the air
You can use the US Airways app and usairways.com for free on flights with Gogo internet!
Upon installation, you are consenting to the install of this application and any future updates or upgrades you may request.
What can you do on the TAM Airlines application?
Check your flights, TAM or LAN. Select your seat and download your boarding passes.
Manage all your trip details.
Check updated departure and arrival time information for your TAM or LAN flights.
Electronic Boarding Pass
Store and access your Electronic Boarding Passes on routes where that service is available.
TAM account statement
View your benefits, points and your TAM Fidelidade member card.
Handy links take you straight to check-in, boarding passes, flight status, flight booking, services and much more. The new app allows you to plan, book and manage flights and extra services all on your mobile.
NEW: Read your credit card number with your camara while payment. Actually this service only works on phones with ARM processors (means: on INTEL-Systems scanner cannot be loaded)
This new app function allows you to have your flight status, flight times and gate readily available. You can also follow flights and will receive reminders on any changes. You can also check in and book extra services directly.
We can send you handy reminders on up-to-date changes to your flight in real time.
You can check in with the Germanwings app 72 hours before departure. You can store your boarding pass on your smartphone or call it up offline.
My Germanwings log-in
You can use your stored personal details to deal with your upcoming flights even more quickly.
Add extra services
Up to 30 minutes before departure you can book further items of checked luggage or choose a seat, as long as you haven't yet checked in. You'll save up to 60% on what you would have paid at the airport desk.
It's quick and easy to change your booking up to an hour before departure on your mobile. With our new fare structure you enjoy even more flexibility when planning a trip.
You also collect miles with our frequent-flyer programme if you book a flight on your mobile.
Your questions and suggestions on our App are most welcome!
Send your feedback directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which permission do we need for what?
find accounts on the device
We want to send you actual flight status on your device. Google needs your account identity to do not send you information multiple.
Contacts / Calendar
read calendar events plus confidential information
add or modify calendar events and send emails to guests without owners' knowledge
We need this permissons, that you are able to add your booked flight as appointment to your calendar. This will never happen without your interaction!
precise location (GPS and network-based)
approximate location (network-based)
We want to offer you the nearby airports on top of the list while you search for airports. For this we need your location. This permission will only be used on airport selection.
Photos / Media / Files
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
test access to protected storage
We save translations and cached pages on your device, that the page call is faster for you.
Device ID & call information
read phone status and identity
Same reason like point one (identity)
receive data from Internet
full network access
prevent device from sleeping
view network connections
Standard permissions for apps who needs an internet connection
* Book travel - Search for and book flights to your favorite destinations.
* Check-in - Get your check-in reminder 24 hours before your flight, and check in instantly right from the app.
* Mobile Boarding Passes - One less thing to carry on. Easily get your boarding pass for your flight on your smartphone.
* TrueBlue - Sign in with your TrueBlue account for a more personalized mobile experience.
* Instant updates - Receive real-time flight updates within the app and via push notifications.
* Smart home screen - Based on where you are in your travel window, see relevant details about your upcoming flight on the app's home screen.
* My trips – View your upcoming trips with ease.
* In-flight experience - View and set reminders for the DIRECTV® schedule for your flight, and check out a listing of all our SiriusXM Satellite Radio® channels. Plus, tease your appetite by checking out the tasty snacks and drinks being served onboard.
* Connect - Share travel plans with people in your life, and use the Pick Me Up feature to help people picking you up plan their ride to and from the airport.
* Guide to fun - Learn about the hotspots at your destination with the City Guide. Plus, create custom postcards, download wallpapers for your phone and more.