The idea behind the creation of JamaPunji, Investor Education Portal Application is to equip the general public with skills and knowledge to make informed financial decisions and manage their money wisely on the go.
Established, as a subsidiary of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, JamaPunji takes a universal approach to improve financial literacy in Pakistan. It aims to impart knowledge about financial markets and products to different segments of the society.
JamaPunji aspires to improve their financial literacy and capability which can help them make sound financial decisions through the provision of general financial education across the entire financial sector, ranging from banking and insurance to investing and retirement planning as well as generic money management.
Investor Web portal is envisioned to play a pivotal role in the overall IEP as it would act as a single point learning resource for existing and potential users of financial products offered in capital market, mutual fund, pension fund, insurance industry and company registration.
Apart from that, education is imparted through media (electronic, print and social), educational Material in the form of guides, publications, booklets and articles, seminars etc.
Objectives of JamaPunji Investor Education Portal
• Enable investors to understand and manage risk
• Expanding outreach of financial services and products
• Participation in financial markets with esteemed confidence
• Reduce investors vulnerability to fraudulent schemes
• Informed financial and retirement planning
• Protecting investors by educating them on their rights and responsibilities
• Empowering with knowledge to evaluate different financial products and make informed decisions
JamaPunji will help the investors to take prudent measures before entering into a contractual agreement with a financial services provider, educate investors on strategies to mitigate risks associated with various investment products, engender investor confidence, ultimately paving the way to an effective investor protection regime.
JamaPunji © 2015 SECP