This dictionary provides OFFLINE access to the English-Swahili and Swahili-English content of kamusi.org. It contains 32,000 translation pairs. Search quickly in either direction, without a network connection!
The database is more than 26MB, and will be downloaded when you run the application the first time. We recommend downloading with a Wi-Fi connection. Updates to the database will be available periodically.
Dictionary database is under license from and based on data copyrighted Kamusi Project International
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.