The city has partnered with a third-party provider, SeeClickFix.com, to provide an online and smart phone application that allows citizens to report code enforcement violations and other non-emergency issues. The application uses GPS to identify a specific location and links the location with a photo of the issue taken with the smart phone. Once an issue has been reported, SeeClickFix facilitates communication with the corresponding Code Enforcement Officer via e-mail and the officer then determines the appropriate course of action. Individuals can track the status of their complaint, receive progress reports and comment on other complaints.
Issues can also be reported and tracked online through the City’s website.
Here is some additional information on how SeeClickFix works and what to expect when using the system.
• The City of Missouri City is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Planning & Development staff responds to all SeeClickFix postings. Issues reported after 5:00 p.m. on business days, on weekends or holidays will be responded to the next business day.
• For issues that require immediate attention (such as loud parties or animal control issues), please call the MSPD non-emergency number at 281-403-8700.
• When an issue is posted that has to be fixed by an agency or group outside of the city, we will report the issue to that group and ask them for an estimated resolution time. The city is not responsible for the length of time it takes outside agencies to fix issues. We will continue follow up with them to make sure they are aware of the issue and the need for resolution.
• When a code officer receives a SeeClickFix case, it is investigated by the officer. If no violation is found or if a warning is given, it is noted on SeeClickFix. When warnings are given, there is a certain amount of time for residents to correct the issue before a citation is given. The timeframe is determined by an ordinance or law, not by the officer. We will report when the issue has been fixed or the violation has been abated.
• Unless an issue reported through SeeClickFix is deemed an immediate health or safety hazard, it is repaired during the routine work of the department responsible for fixing the issue. Most departments already have a list of projects they are working to repair and SeeClickFix issues are added to that list.
• Use of derogatory and/or abusive language will result in the post being reported to SeeClickFix for removal of the post and possibly a loss of privileges to further post other issues. Please refrain from uploading, posting or transmitting content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, and libelous or an invasion of another’s privacy. Likewise, do not post using the names of individuals or property owners in SeeClickFix reports.
The City of Missouri City is very pleased that citizens have taken to using SeeClickFix to report issues around our community.