The BART Watch App offers the public a quick and discreet method for reporting suspicious activity directly to BART Police. The app can send pictures, text messages, and locations of suspicious people or activities. From the home screen, users have two easy options for contacting BART Police:
* The “Report a Problem” button allows users to send text or photos directly to BART Police. To ensure discretion, the camera flash is automatically disabled when photos are taken through the app. When reporting an issue, users can select locations and report categories to assist BART Police. Riders can also send reports anonymously if they chose.
* The “Call BART Police” button will connect customers directly to BART Police.
The application is designed for BART. If you send a report in an area without cellular connectivity, it will be stored and sent when connectivity returns. The system is also designed to send text messages before pictures so that BART Police can get app reports as quickly as possible.
BOLO (Be On the Look Out) Alerts. BOLO Alerts on the BART Watch App may display alerts from BART Police about specific persons of interest. For example, BART Watch may display information about a missing person or child, such as where they were last seen. If you see a person from a BOLO, immediately call 911 and send an app report to BART Police discreetly.
Help keep BART safe, "If you see something say something."
Key features include
- Auto refresh of real-time departures.
- Shows number of cars and bike allowance for each train.
- Shows the type of service advisory. User can click on hyperlink to get more information.
- Save your trips as favorites.
- Select any of your favorite trip as your morning/evening commute.
- Options to use route color in estimates display, limit number of estimates and configure auto refresh interval.
Once you configure your morning/evening commutes, all you have to do is to start the app and get the real-time updates.
This is a app developed by and for Bart commuters.