Art of BART is a simple app for using the Bay Area Rapid Transit system in San Francisco, California.
- Get arrival times for your favorite stations in one click.
- Share advisories, arrival times, and trip plans.
- Pan and zoom around a map of the BART system.
- Plan trips in advance, with clear directions. And share them.
- Holo theme.
The authors use BART with this app every day, and wanted to simplify common tasks. For example:
When's the next train coming on our commute?
- One click to find out.
BART delay making us late?
- Warn colleagues by clicking to share advisories by text or email.
Friend from out of town needs a ride on BART?
- Plan the trip, then email the itinerary to your friend.
Visiting an unfamiliar station?
- Clear, easy to navigate map helps you find it.
Art of BART is not affiliated with BART. This app uses an API generously provided by BART for use freely by the public and interested developers.
Sometimes, there are problems with the BART API. And sometimes there are issues with your mobile device's access to the internet. These issues could prevent Art of BART from working properly.
I'm not responsible for those problems, and unfortunately there's nothing I can do about them.
However, I use Art of BART every day, and my experience is that those problems are rare, and that they affect every BART App on the market, for the same reasons.
So please consider this when sending feedback or rating Art of BART. And let me know if there are any other ways I can improve this app. Thank you!