Healthy Play is a life skills app for families and educators, which will help teach your child healthy habits. Developed as a tool for caregivers & educators, Healthy Play was designed to engage children ages 2-7 in activities promoting health, hygiene and nutrition. Healthy Play provides recommendations of fun activities to play with children based on where they are, whether they're inside, outside, or on the go.
• 90+ instructions to physical, real-world games
• Hours of physical play for children
• No screen time required
• Game ideas designed for indoors, outdoors, and during travel
• Games designed to include caregivers or to be played among children in many group sizes
• An additional mobile-friendly responsive web experience for online play (http://sesamehealthyplay.org)
Healthy Play is designed to create better healthy habits and greater understanding of health concerns through play, allowing families and educators to engage children in health, hygiene and nutrition related educational activities.
This app features activities in the following curricular areas:
• Food Safety
• Physical Development
• Safety & Security
ABOUT THIS INITIATIVE
Sesame Workshop, harnessing the power and popularity of its beloved localized Sesame Street adaptation, Takalani Sesame, has embarked on a pioneering multimedia intervention to address the critical educational and health needs in South Africa since 2011, particularly in the Eastern Cape region. Healthy Play has been created in partnership with Johnson & Johnson and the Eastern Cape Advisory Committee under a larger initiative to promote critical health habits.
• Your input is very important to us. If you have any questions,
comments or need help, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org