There are 3 notations for GPS coordinates:
- decimal degrees
- degrees, decimal minutes
- degrees, minutes, decimal seconds
This tool converts each possible notation to the 3 common used notations.
- One flexible input field for latitude, longitude in all kind of notations
- Single (latitude or longitude) or double (latitude, longitude) input possible
- Copy paste inputs and results
- Inputs by app keypad or phone/tablet keyboard
- No internet connection needed
- Use own location as input
- Show result on map (internet needed!)
Also consider our UTM RD (national triangulation) GPS converter!
Perfect for SAR, Geo-caching, Aviation, or anyone simply interested in mapping.
Primarily, this App just performs simple math. More importantly, It first detects which one of the possible formats the coordinate was entered as. This prevents the user from having to spend time tapping between multiple input boxes, or wading through a plethora of configuration options. Once the App determines the input type, it then converts that number into other formats.
A couple of our developers volunteer with a local Search and Rescue organization and others do the same with an Aero Squadron. It became clear that, even though within a local area, neither group used the same coordinate system.
In most areas, Search and Rescue typically use one GPS coordinate system, while another Search and Rescue Team, Law Enforcement Agency, Fire Department, other First Responder Groups, may use another. However, when this App first became available, it was quickly learned that this problem was not isolated to these teams.
For example, one agency inside any given city / county may use one GPS coordinate system, while another may use something different. Additionally, when one of these agencies travels outside of its local area, they are sure to want to communicate easily with an agency that uses another system.
Of course, there are a multitude of other personal and commercial entities that need to communicate a location in a format different that what it is currently stored in.
Innovative Concepts is proud to offer this free App to help solve this communications hardship...
Press the "Get Current Location" icon or manually enter any coordinate and this App will convert whatever was entered into other commonly used coordinate formats.
The input boxes auto-detect the entry from the following formats:
✔ Decimal Degrees (D.d) → Enter as 12.345678
✔ Degrees, Decimal Minutes (D M.m) → Enter as 12 34.5678
✔ Degrees, Minutes, Seconds (D M S.s) → Enter as 12 34 56.78
✔ UTM → Enter as 12 + 123456 1234567
Upon pressing "Go", the App will convert the coordinates entered into:
✔ Decimal Degrees → 12.345678°
✔ Degrees, Decimal Minutes → 12° 34.5678'
✔ Degrees, Minutes, Seconds → 12° 34' 56.78"
✔ UTM → 12 N 123456 1234567
✔ Automatically detects input format
✔ Multiple keyboard shortcuts
✔ You can copy the results
✔ You can select which output formats are displayed
✔ You can override all coordinate symbols
✔ You can specify the latitude / longitude separator text
✔ You have the option to automatically load and convert the current GPS location on App start
✔ You can transfer the results to Google Maps (or any other capable mapping app)
✔ Add option to continuously update / convert current location.
✔ Add more input/output formats.(Such as MGRS)
This application provides simple & easy-to-use conversion function between Decimal Degree (DD) format and Degrees Minutes Seconds (DMS) format. The following examples are DD format and DMS format respectively.
DD format: N 24.1634, E 120.7677
DMS format: N 24°9'48", E 120°46'3"
Request few permissions!!
Key words: Geo System, Geo Coordinate, GPS Navigator, Travel.
Currently only supports 58 reference ellipsoids datums, but is not capable of transforming coordinates from one ellipsoid to another. Default ellipsoid is WGS84 used by GPS system.
Supports 3 different latitude / longitude input formats: decimal degrees (DD.DDD), degrees /decimal minutes (DD MM.MMM) and degrees/minutes and decimal seconds (DD MM SS.SSS). The UTM input format are those: Northing, Easting, Zone and Hemisphere.
This app allows you to work in UTM or latitude / longitude coordinates so you can use it with topographic maps. It's an useful tool for map reading and navigation (land or sea navigation). So is useful for outdoors sports like hiking, orienteering, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking, surveying or anything where you need to read coordinates from a map and convert coordinates between formats. Also useful in Search and Rescue (SAR) or GIS where conversion between different formats is needed.
Also you can enter coordinates dynamically using a map. Drag and drop the marker around the map and coordinates (both geographic and UTM) will be updated.
Coordinates can be copied to clipboard with long press or shared via SMS or e-mail.
** If you want make a suggestion or find a bug, e-mail me and I will fix it. If you report bugs in a Market comment I CAN'T respond to comments in Google Play. **"
The typical functions of Geo Converter:
+ Tools 1 - Convert geodetic coordinates to map grid coordinates and vice versa by map projections. You can choose UTM projection (3 degree and 6 degree) or Gauss projection (choose scale reduce factor is 1).
+ Tools 2 - Convert flat coordinates from current zone to other zone (change central meridian or zone wide) using UTM projection.
+ Tools 3 - Setup local parameters: Reference system (Datum, Elipsoid), Central meridian, Zone, Scale reduction factor,...
Geo Converter support 6 common language in the world (English, French, Chinese, Russia, Spanish and Vietnamese)
Keyworks: Locate, waypoint, convert geodetic, Measuring coordinates, Avoid stray, Xcompass, Super GeoGPS
** If you find a bug, e-mail me and I will fix it. I can't respond to comments. **
Of particular use in Search and Rescue (SAR) & GIS where conversion between different formats is needed.
Also useful in Geocaching, surveying or anything where you need to convert coordinates between formats.
Please contact me at email@example.com for help before rating poorly.
Supports DD.DDD, DD MM.MMM, DD MM SS.SSS, UTM and Maidenhead Locator. Can load points from a GPX and/or save points in local DB for later use.
Maidenhead Locator (4 or 6 digit) is useful for Ham (Amateur) Radio contacts or contesting.
Can use internal GPS to get current position which can also be saved to a local DB.
Includes mapping support. See your positions on a map. Options to use internal rendered Google Maps or external map provider such as Google Maps, VZNavigator, etc.
Long click on coordinate results to show map. Read help for more details.
Does not share any information. Internet access is for downloading your specified GPX file. GPS is only used if you select it.
Now has batter support for small screen devices.
Note: Mapping support requires Google Maps be installed.
* Show on the map the exact location of the coordinates.
* Searches for a place on the map and get the coordinates in three formats.
* Button to show your location's coordinates.
* NEW! Now you can share your coordinates.
It also has a little guide for your own questions. But in case of doubt or new idea, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The self-winding positioning will be more effective if your are outdoors considering that your position could be received by GPS satellite without interferences. You also have the possibility to triangulate your position by WI-FI antenna situated around, even though it is less precise than GPS way. Once you have calculated your position, the application will bring up to date considering the precision of obtained location.
Automatic map rotation will guide you in a very intuitive way.
If you have data connection will also have google maps to better situate.
For proper operation must have connected the GPS, and should be on the outside.
This application allows you to:
- Save your location
- Save GPS coordinates
- Save latitude and longitude of a point on google maps
- Edit the GPS (latitude and longitude) coordinates previously stored
- Skip to any point gps google maps previously saved
- Guiarte via google maps
- Mark coordinates (Latitude Longitude) location on google maps before you go to your destination
- Get location (latitude and longitude)
- Choose the units you prefer
- Share your location
- Approximation to point gps
Use it to find points in the city or in the mountains, to go point to point.
Examples of use:
- Save GPS coordinates for your hotel.
- Find where you parked the car through google maps
- Save GPS coordinates your favorite fishing spots
- Save the GPS coordinates of your favorite hunting spots
- Find mushrooms and save your coordinates.
- Plan locations (Latitude Longitude) of interest that you want to visit before you leave home.
- Saves GPS (Latitude Longitude) coordinates of your current position.
- Save your location anywhere
- Share your GPS coordinates (Latitude and Longitude)
- Send the GPS (Latitude Longitude) coordinates to google maps
- Share your location with your friends
Get the most out of your GPS.
Configure the application to your liking. Change the default level of approximation of the maps, select the format of the GPS coordinates and states that want to use the metric system.
All you have to do is launch the official Google Maps™ app, go to the desired location, click "Share" and select "Get Coordinates"!
This app is intended for those who need to find the coordinates of a location on a map in order to use them for their cars' GPS systems since most of the time search queries on these devices need to be fully accurate in order to get any results.
Maps Coordinates doesn't have a launcher icon on its own (you can't "open" it) because it's launched from within the official Google Maps™ app, please watch the demo video for more information.
This app currently only works with "Dropped Pins" because named places have encrypted coordinates, you can generate a "Dropped Pin" from any location if you zoom in and long click. Please watch the 20 seconds how-to video for a quick demonstration. We're working on an update to fix this, please don't report it as a bug.
** PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR RATING. WE WILL HAPPILY IMPROVE THIS APP TO SATISFY YOUR NEEDS **
© 2015 Google Inc, used with permission. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
Besides your current coordinates, you can also get coordinates of any other position on the map by moving the coordinates pointer or clicking another point on the map.
You can also use the search feature to find a place and get its gps coordinates.
- Get your current gps coordinates using gps sensor, cellular and wireless network (cellular data, wifi, gps sensor)
- Easily share your location using gps coordinates sharing feature (social platforms, email, sms etc.)
- Search any location on the world using the search bar and get its gps coordinates.
- Change pointer location by dragging and clicking to set a new point of which you want to get coordinates information.
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NebSolutions/193862820690436
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/NebSolutions
Note: You can use negative values for coordinates on the western or southern hemisphere:
For the north-western hemisphere:
N: 40.71, E: -74.0 (New York City)
For south-western hemisphere:
N: -34.6, E: -58.4 (Buenos Aires)
For the south-eastern hemisphere:
N: -33.87, E: 151.2 (Sydney)
For the north-eastern hemisphere:
N: 52.52, E: 13.4 (Berlin)
Keywords: WGS84, coordinate converter, compass, coordinates, find current position, send current position
You can also locate your phone and read / convert the coordinates.
This is usefull, because many navigation systems support only one form as input.
The advantage of using this application are listed below.
-. Check the GPS coordinates & address of your current location
-. Check the cardinal points of the compass.
-. Check the your current location in Google map.
-. Share the GPS coordinates & your current location of Google map link to another applications. (Email, SMS, Messenger, SNS)
-. Test GPS function of devices.
How to use
1. Turn on GPS function in device setting menu.
2. Check the compass.
※ If the compass pointing direction of application is error, Please move the device in a figure 8 pattern & rotate around all axes.
3. Check & Share the GPS coordinates & address of your current location.
4. When tap the GPS icon, Your current location in Google map will appears.
Geodesy Earth Tools is the easiest way to make geographic calculations.
* Coordinate conversion tool with error checking: Convert Degrees, Deg/Min, Deg/Min/Sec, UTM, MGRS, Maidenhead.
* Draw any free-form closed shape on a map or point-plot a perimeter to get the enclosed area. Great if you just want to know the area of your neighbor's back yard or the area and perimeter of the continental U.S. Useful for construction planning, gardening, or any other task that requires area measurements.
* Plot 2 points on a map and get the altitudes, distance and altitude difference between them along with reverse geocoded locality information.
* Lots of screens for making distance, area, heading and altitude calculations including, for the technically minded, a geodetic problem calculator for inverse and direct geodetic problems. Choose your geoid (DATUM).
* Distance from your position to any position on the globe.
* Magnetic field tools including A COMPASS with a magnetic declination indicator.
* Time measurements.
* Excellent documentation with easy to follow help.
GPS Coordinates is a free app with no ads! We value your privacy so this app does not collect location data nor does it store any location data or history anywhere.
Please note that this app requires access to your fine location in order to use GPS. We do not collect or store your location data anywhere.