- Want to share your daily activities? Checking in is faster and more fun than ever.
- Want to see what your friends are up to? Quickly see who is out and about nearby.
- Got an idea for something fun to do? Easily message individuals, groups of friends, or all friends nearby.
Get started with Swarm now!
Sometimes you just want to check-in to Foursquare and move on. Simple check-in allows you to do just that.
** NOTE: At the end of 2014, Foursquare will be removing the leaderboard from their API, so points will no longer be a part of the experience. **
Want a feature? Get in touch: @rathboma on twitter
- one touch check-ins
- Long press to check-in with a shout and share to Facebook / Twitter
- includes a map view so you can tell if your location is correct
- custom venue search (press the search button)
- app opens instantly to the foursquare nearby venue list
- all check-ins from the app are shared with friends but NOT posted to twitter or facebook
- Your location IS passed on check-in, so these check-ins are eligible for mayorships.
- No ads (there never will be)
If you have any issues with the app, please email me so that I can fix them. There's no function for me to contact you if you leave a bad review. I find squishing bugs very relaxing! (you can also tweet me: @rathboma)
This app supports android 2.1 and up. It should allow you to foursquare check-in with no problems on even the oldest phones.
Currently there are only 770 lines of code in the entire app, this helps to keep it fast. The goal is to keep this under 1000 to maximize speed, and reduce battery drain.
Simple Checkin in the Press:
About Foursquare: http://bit.ly/IfODJj
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Simple Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
Designed with the people you love, your closest friends and family, in mind. Path is a trusted, intimate environment like your dinner table at home.
Capture Moments: With Path you can capture and share all of life's most important moments: photos, videos, thoughts, places, music, TV shows, movies, books, workouts, and sleep.
Be Yourself: Create and edit beautiful photos and videos with our world-class creative tools and filters.
Control Privacy: You're always in control of your privacy on Path with settings that are simple and easy-to-understand.
Get More Than Likes: With Path Emotions you'll get more than likes from your family and close friends —smiles, frowns, laughs, gasps, or loves. Also: never again wonder if a friend saw your post, because with Path you can see everyone who has.
Search Moments: Revisit any of your Moments by searching for friends, birthdays, places, cities, holidays, months, seasons, and more.
Share Everywhere: Easily share any of your Path Moments to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, Wordpress, and email.
Apps & More: Your favorite apps work with Path too. Share your Nike runs, Strava workouts, VSCOcam photos, Wordpress posts, and more.
** If you have any issues, please email me. I haven't been able to test on every phone **
- You might not get a notification on older android devices (< 4.0). I'm working to fix this now.
Map your saved wifi networks to Foursquare places. Then when you connect to that network you will be automatically checked-in.
- Create unlimited wifi-place mappings
- Get notified when you are checked-in
- Uses your approximate location on check-in, so you still get points!
- Very battery efficient
Pro features coming soon.
tweet me with feature requests! @rathboma
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Wi-fi Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
Hootsuite is free for up to 3 social network accounts and has over 9 million users. It is the top app for Android to help you manage social media and track social media analytics.
Publish and schedule messages, monitor mentions and conversations about your brand, and track analytics - all from your Android device.
Hootsuite allows you to:
* Publish and share photos to all your social networks at once
* Manage multiple social network accounts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
* Schedule a post to Facebook or a tweet to Twitter to be sent at a later time or day
* AutoSchedule messages to automatically post them at the best time of day
* Check-in to Foursquare
* Monitor your brand on Twitter and Facebook
* Receive optional notifications for Twitter and Facebook updates when people mention your brand or talk about keywords you follow
* Shorten links with Ow.ly and track click-through stat report analytics
Hootsuite for Android complements your account on the Hootsuite web platform. You can easily add your social network accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Foursquare to your Hootsuite account to get started.
Simple, efficient, and powerful, Hootsuite for Android allows you to:
* Tweet from multiple Twitter accounts or schedule tweets for Twitter accounts.
* Post to Facebook Profiles and Pages or schedule Facebook posts.
You can also post to LinkedIn, Foursquare, and more from virtually anywhere. Plus, you can easily manage campaigns & analytics, schedule updates, and even translate and publish messages to/from over 50 languages.
Get the top app to build your audience, manage Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Foursquare from anywhere and tie analytics back to your goals.
Sign up for Hootsuite for free: http://hootsuite.com
If you experience any issues or want to give us feedback, tweet to us @Hootsuite_Help. We're happy to help!
Questions or Feedback?
Syncs all of your friends contact information including...
* First and Last Name
* Phone Number
* Email Address
* Facebook Account
* Twitter Account
* Home City
* Foursquare User ID
* Short Biography Text
To use this application, go to your "Settings" menu and choose the "Accounts and Sync" option. You can then "Add" a new account, and "Contact Sync for Foursquare" should appear in the list.
Some things to note:
1. Some friends may not display all the available contact information. For example, Facebook and Twitter Accounts are optional for Foursquare, so some Foursquare friends may not display these fields if they haven't supplied this information.
2. Some Android devices, such as newer Samsung phones, may not display some of the custom contact fields. such as the Facebook and Twitter Accounts. This information is still stored on your phone, but it just isn't visible. If this affects your phone, you may need to use a different Contacts app to display the missing fields. However, this should not affect standard fields such as Email Address and Phone Number - these should always be displayed if the Foursquare friend has supplied this information.
Like this application? Why don't you make a donation via the website?
After clicking to venue icon on map, you can go to venue detail (by clicking on gears icon, then Foursquare).
By long press map in Locus, you get new point, then choose gears icon and Foursquar. This app download desired points and show them in Locus.
Timehop helps you celebrate the best moments of the past. It's like #tbt every day!
What were you doing a year ago today? Two years? Three years? Timehop brings together your old photos and posts from your Phone, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Foursquare and replays your past a day at a time.
You'll quickly fall in love with checking your daily Timehop. Give it a try today!
That’s ‘social’ -- less time in-app, more time together.
- See all your friends on a map
- Discover what cities friends live in and where they've checked in recently
- Get notified when friends post nearby -- on Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, or Connect
- Check in with a time-slider to let friends know where you are -- and how long you’ll be there
- Privately share your real-time location with friends or groups
- Chat, call, and email directly through the app
- Easily search your relationships by school, workplace, relationship status and more!
WINNER Best Overall - LAUNCH FESTIVAL 2014
FEATURED - TechCrunch, Forbes, VentureBeat, Mashable
Also available on the web.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Real-time streaming, high quality voice
• Contacts availability and text status
• Public and private channels for up to 1000 users
• Option to map hardware PTT (Push To Talk) button
• Bluetooth headset support (selected phones)
• Voice history
• Call alert
• Push notifications
• Works over WiFi, 2G, 3G, or 4G mobile data
Zello uses proprietary low-latency push-to-talk protocol and is not interoperable with Voxer, Sprint Direct Connect or AT&T Enhanced PTT. Zello Android client supports free public service, Zello@Work cloud service, and private Zello Enterprise Server.
We are working hard to improve the app so please expect frequent updates. If you have questions or issues send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
► Visit our website http://zello.com/ptt to get Zello Walkie Talkie for your PC or different platform
► Connect with other Zello users on Facebook: http://facebook.com/ZelloMe
► Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zello
Let's make an end to that with auto check-ins!
This app automatically checks you in when you are in the neighbourhood of places you've chosen.
It's easy to configure and above all: it doesn't drain your battery.
State of the art technology is used to reduce the amount of battery power needed to know your location.
Vote for new features here: http://checkmein.uservoice.com/
1) add locations to track
2) configure the checkin radius and check-in delay time
3) save, and done! You will be checked in automatically from now on once you are within the check-in radius for the given amount of time.
Double checkins are avoided, when you stay at the same location for a longer time, we will check you in again, but only after 20 hours. (you only need 1 checkin/day for your mayorship)
The official Foursquare app is required on your device (authentication).
Some graphics are property of Foursquare (see https://foursquare.com/about/logos)
What if you're not checked in:
- Don't force quit the app (swiping it out in the app switcher), if you do, it won't be able to locate you.
- check if location tracking with google play services is enabled on your phone, the app will not work if you turn them off!
- check if your sensors (gps, wifi) are enabled
- set a bigger checkin radius or lower check-in delay (you have to stay within this radius for the given amount of time, every time you go out of the radius, the timers are reset)
- Every time the app is opened, some checks are done that might reset the timers, be aware of this while configuring your venues!
- Someone reported that reinstalling the app also might do the trick, weird, but it doesn't hurt to try it.
All data that's needed for the app to work is stored locally on your device.
The only thing that is tracked, are the app crashes and amount of checkins to make sure the app is still working on every device. This is an anonymous process.
This app comes as is, with no guarantees.
Tinfoil for Facebook is for those users that require a Tinfoil Hat when logging in to Facebook. It creates a sandbox for Facebook's mobile site in order to protect your privacy and to avoid the ability others to track your browsing history.
Requires INTERNET permissions.
Feel free to check the source code here: https://github.com/velazcod/Tinfoil-Facebook
It also requires the "COARSE_LOCATION" permission. This is not used unless you enable "Allow Check-ins" on the preferences, otherwise Check-ins won't work. This option is disabled by default.
If you have issues, please remember that Tinfoil is just a wrapper for the Facebook mobile site. Some things break on the site and there isn't much we can do to fix some issues. Sometimes forcing the user-agent helps (Preferences -> Mobile/desktop site -> Force mobile). If you find an issue and are completely it's a problem with Tinfoil please open a issue in the Github tracker: https://github.com/velazcod/Tinfoil-Facebook/issues
If you are new in town, and you want to know what's the best place to visit, use Hot Places app.
Expect more surprises soon!
Keyword: Map, Checkin, Check-in history, Facebook places, Foursquare, Gowalla, World map, information, check-in details, location point, country name, one click, all records, listing result, map presentation, places information content box, Android, multiple account, social network, keep record
Seesmic was acquired by Hootsuite in 2012, and since that time, we announced our plan to sunset the app as we focus development on Hootsuite’s native Android applications. We will now be removing support for the Seesmic app and retiring the app from the Google Play directory.
We encourage current Seesmic users to switch to Hootsuite’s Android app to find the most popular social media management features, including the ability to post to multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts, view your mentions and social interactions, and share rich media to your audiences.
Similar to Seesmic, Hootsuite helps you:
* Cross-post to multiple Twitter and Facebook profiles at the same time
* View mentions and conversation threads
* Manage your Twitter lists
* Search keywords, users, hashtags, and trending topics
* Receive notifications for new messages
* Add shortcuts to your phone’s home screen for quick access to commonly used features
Additional features in Hootsuite:
* Schedule your posts ahead of time
* Manage Facebook Groups and Events
* Post to more social networks like LinkedIn Profiles and FourSquare
* Track clicks on shared content
* Simplify your team’s workflow through Assignments
Latest Hootsuite features:
* Improved image sharing
* New options for automatically scheduling at the best time of day
* Notifications for actions within search streams
* Share your streams with team members
* Approve messages before they’re published
* Single sign-in options for Twitter, Facebook and Google+
Submit ideas for additional features to our Android Feedback Forum: http://ow.ly/z9Hcx
We understand that transition can be hard and we’re here to help! Hootsuite has 24/7 support teams standing by to help make your onboarding seamless. If you have any questions or experience any issues, tweet us @Hootsuite_Help.
Have any feature requests? Suggest or vote for your favourite features so we can take them into consideration for a future release: https://feedback.hootsuite.com/forums/40828-hootsuite-for-android