Campedia a Free Camping App, believes in providing a free simple to use tool to help you discover your ultimate camping or traveling Australia experience.
Campedia is an ever growing directory of locations/businesses with the capability to connect and interact with friends while finding specials and discounts that suit you.
Search by Region, Town or specific address or drag the map to your location and “Tap and Hold” and find the location/ business types, Free Camp Grounds, Caravan Parks, Hostels, Day Spots, Night Spots, rest areas plus many more locations/business types some which have special offers.
Filter Locations/Businesses by Business types and then refine by facilities – Dog friendly, Swimming, Showers, Toilets, TV Games rooms, BBQ’s, Fishing, plus many more.
As a user you also have access to additional features:
• Search Locations/businesses
• Direct call to businesses
• Special offers/discounts
• Message friends
• Find Friends location
• Add new locations
• Create your own timeline
• View friends timeline
• Fuel Log
Find Friends - allows you to find your friend’s location. A feature designed to save you driving around trying to find where your friends are camping or staying (can be turned on/off)
My Timeline – Record your travels with comments and photos. Your timeline can only be seen by your direct friends, NOT friends of friends. Great way for family members or friends to follow your traveling experience.
Friends Feeds – see where your friends have been on their adventures and get ideas for your next adventure
Fuel Log – Keep a record or your trip/s giving you your “Total cost”, “Total Litres”, “Total Days travelling”, “Average cost/km”, Average litres/100km”, “Average cost/day” this can also be exported from the website to excel.
Add Locations – If we’ve missed something we’d love to hear about it. Any new location that is added by the user goes through a checking process prior to being added to ensure we have clean accurate information.
Receive Special Offers – As you search a location you will see what the local businesses have on offer saving you $$
Examples of Campedia Users and Uses:
• There are over 500,000 Caravan & Camper Trailers registered in Australia
• There are 250,000 Back Packers Granted work visas in Australia every year, which doesn’t include Back Packers just holidaying here.
• Sharing fuel costs? With the fuel log you can add who paid in the location field to keep a record.
• Loved ones want to keep in touch? Get them to register as a traveller and connect and they can follow your journey through your timeline.
• Look for your friends campsite, message them on Campedia and ask them to use the “I’m Here” function so you can locate them, or have a friend you are travelling with and decided to go your own way for a while use the “I’m Here” function when you want to meet up again.
• If you meet some people camping or at a caravan park? Connect with each other so you can see where they have been exploring to discover new locations.
• Looking for Special offers, our team are talking to businesses right now about getting you the best deal on your next nights’ accommodation or your next breakfast. Special offers display as a message style icon above their location pin on the map, or description on list view.
• Add a location to your time line with your own personal photos and comments for memories of your travels.
• Rate locations and businesses you have visited to keep other travelers informed.
• Add locations we at Campedia have not yet discovered.