Perfect live photo frames on home page! I needed an app for capturing images from web cams and weather forecast sites. I thought Showr would be ideal for this use, but was having problems inputting the URL into the widgets. An email to the developer and a prompt reply guaranteed a quick and easy method to program my widgets. Kudos for the performance of this app and also the developer's excellent support. I understand Showr can do much more than I am asking of it right now, so I'm sure it will handle the bulk of my home screen image
Just the job! I needed to put a timetable I had in image form as a widget. So much more convenient than having to keep going to gallery. It's the simple things in life..
Can't resize/zoom photo in widget I can't zoom in on a part of a photo to be seen in the widget. If I click on the photo widget and get a full size image, I can zoom, but I want a portion of a photo to be what is seen in the frame. Also it'd be nice to have framing options. For $5, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a better widget.
Exactly! Once you add a widget you can change the size and shape. I now have a screen of just photos. Easy to use and lots of options to pull pictures from (though I am only using the Photos app). Found this one on the website Stack Exchange.
Does what it says on he tin Ive been using this everyday for the past 2 weeks and so far it has never failed me. I use it to get a live update from my favourite tumblr blog.
Does it's job. Perfect app for putting pictures on your home screen. Doesn't do much else, but you can link sites and apps. Suggestion: Add the ability to change how the picture fits in the frame.
• Works around an Android bug where the launcher wouldn't recognise a change in the "How to scale the image" setting until you rotate the home screen
• Is better at detecting "captive" Wi-Fi networks
• Won't try to launch a web browser if one doesn't exist (e.g. in a restricted profile or custom ROM)
• Works around a bug in Android < 4.0 which would cause certain network errors to crash the app
• Recovers when the network re-appears, if Showr is stopped by Android while there is no Internet
Home screen replacement with 3 separate desktops and up to 5 screens for each.