Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Shanghai is a huge city with several district articles containing sightseeing, restaurant, nightlife and accommodation listings — consider printing them all.
Shanghai (上海 Shànghǎi) , with a population of more than 23 million (with over 9 million migrants), is the largest and most developed city in China.
Shanghai was the largest and most prosperous city in the Far East already during the 1930's, and has remained the most developed city in mainland China. In the past 20 years Shanghai has again become an attractive city for tourists from all over the world. The world once again had its eyes on the city when it hosted the 2010 World Expo, recording the greatest number of visitors in the event's history.
Explore one of the legendary cities of China. Shanghai is one of the main ports in the country, the largest city proper in the world and one of the most emblematic meeting points between East and West. Nestled between traditional Chinese houses and ultra-modern skyscrapers, you will have the chance to discover one of the largest concentrations of Art Deco architecture anywhere in the world. You will hear the stories of natives and immigrants, see the marks of history everywhere you go and witness the future being made.
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Shanghai city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Shanghai
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in China or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
No credit card required to book a car rental. Book today, pay later at the counter!
You can compare prices from over 25 major car rental providers such as Ace, Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, SIXT and Thrifty in one app. If you need Collision Damage Insurance you can add it for as low as $11/day.
- Search car rentals in any city or airport in the US, Canada and Europe.
- Compare prices from 25+ providers with one search for FREE.
- You can see car details like number of doors, passengers and luggage it can hold, etc.
- Add a reminder to you Google Calendar, so you won't forget when your car rental starts.
- Keep all your upcoming, past and cancelled reservations details and numbers in one place.
- See location of the car rental office on the map and in Google Street View.
- Parking helper - will help you remember where you parked, find the parking spot and remind you when parking is about to expire.
- Hire a car in UK and Ireland.
Help us make this app even better.
Send your comments or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Car Rentals Market Team.
Keywords: travel, car hire, rental cars, rent a car
Plan and have the perfect trip! Book your hotel and enjoy restaurant reviews and shared user content.
Here is why 13+million travelers love Ulmon Offline & City Guides:
Didn’t you always want to have an easily portable and compact travel assistant that allows planning your trips to foreign countries and cities upfront? So turn your smartphone or tablet into a digital Shanghai City Guide and planner leading you through YOUR choices of restaurants, hotels and which attractions to visit. Enjoy recommendations and reviews of other enthusiastic travelers and tourists. Always keep your orientation and find the direction to the next place; completely without roaming and offline.
With this Shanghai offline map and city guide you enjoy a wide variety of advantages:
Simply download and try this Shanghai city guide for free. There is absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
Never get lost and keep your orientation. See your location on the Shanghai offline map, even without an internet connection. Find streets, attractions, restaurants, hotels, local nightlife and other POIs – and get guided in the walking direction of places you want to see.
IN-DEPTH TRAVEL CONTENT
Have all the information offline and freely portable. For each destination, access comprehensive and up-to-date information covering thousands of places, attractions, points of interest and many hotel booking options within this Shanghai travel guide.
SEARCH AND DISCOVER
Find the best restaurants, shops, attractions, hotels, bars, etc. Search by name, browse by category or discover nearby places using your device’s GPS – even offline and without data roaming.
GET TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Find tips and recommendations from locals and tourists. Browse offline in this Shanghai guide for the most popular attractions, restaurants, shops, hotels, nightlife places, etc.
PLAN TRIPS AND CUSTOMIZE MAPS
Create lists of places you want to visit. Pin existing places, like your hotel or a recommended restaurant, to the map. Add your own pins to the map. Find and book hotels from within this Shanghai city guide.
The Shanghai Offline Map and the Shanghai CIty Guide content are fully downloaded and stored on your device. All features, such as address searches and your GPS location also work offline and without data roaming (an internet connection is of course required for initial downloading of data or booking hotels).
Map data and POI are provided by OpenStreetMap and are regularly updated by us. To check the level of detail, go to www.openstreetmap.org. The same applies to Wikipedia travel articles.
DETAILED CITY COVERAGE
Shanghai, the biggest city in China, has many interesting places for sightseeing. Using this tourist guide and its Wikipedia articles you will not miss a single attraction!
Ulmon, the makers of this guide app, are a small team of enthusiastic travel freaks in Vienna, Austria. We aim to assist tourists around the world with a portable planner, assistant and trip companion for their vacations and explorations.
Enjoy your travels. Your Ulmon team! :-)
1. Fully up-to-date for 2015
Accurate metro map, includes every station on every line. Free updates for future station openings and timetable changes.
2. Designed for Android
Supports all devices running Android 2.3 or higher. Designed to use the latest Android technologies like the Action Bar, HDPI screens and global search.
3. Google Maps for every station
Need to get your bearings at a station? Integrated Google Maps show you metro exits and nearby streets for every station.
A really easy route-planner. Get route, time and price information for any journey with just three taps.
5. "Find my nearest station"
Using your GPS, see a list of the closest metro stations to your current location.
6. Works offline
Everything works without an Internet connection. Search stations and plan routes on the go.
We'd love to hear your comments and suggestions on ways to improve the app. Please contact us via email@example.com, as we can't respond to comments left in the reviews.
For Shanghai and every airport (2500+) you get:
+Live Arrival and Departure boards
+Google Flights and Google Hotel Finder results displayed
+Food and restaurants
Shanghai Pudong Airport (PVG) is the main international airport in Shanghai and the third largest airport in China. It is the located 30 kilometers east of the city. The airport is a hub for China Eastern Airlines, Air China and Shanghai Airlines and Spring Airlines. This app provides complete information including parking, food and restaurants, terminal maps, directions and more.
No other app provides as much information --useful information you need.
See restaurants, shops, transportation to and from airport and Wifi. Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
In addition, you can access information on virtually every airport you fly to from Beijing. We include Nanjing, Shanghai, Macau, Chengdu, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Jakarta, Paris, Frankfurt, Rome, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Moscow, Sydney, Tokyo, Mumbai, Rio, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima, Beijing, Hong Kong, and all the small and medium airports of the world.
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the promo video :)
- show/store/edit/export multiple waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation.
- pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values (if supported by the device)
- removed ads
- Location: We need this to display your location and allows the program to re-download AGPS data or reset the GPS.
- External storage: required by the PRO version to be able to export the stored waypoints to an external file.
- Internet: Used by the advertisement component. The PRO version does not use the internet connection at all.
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Galaxy S4 on Verizon: Because of a firmware bug, the notification item in GPS Status can't be removed. You need to disable the notification feature in Settings if this annoys you.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
-- MobiWIA - a cooperation with Andrs Studio --
News - Keep you updated with Shanghai MICE and tourism trends every day.
Events - Introduce the popular events going on in Shanghai as well as newly opened meeting and events venues.
Highlights - Attractions are categorized to make your travel plan much easier.
Hotels - Hundreds of hotels are recommended to meet all kinds of needs.
Dining - Shanghai snacks, hot Sichuan food, vegetarian food, fashion food… where to find them? Check out here before you go!
Travel Tips - All you need to know before you come to Shanghai.
Gogobot's Shanghai City Guide offers the best personalized guide to Shanghai. Once a bastion of Western influence in the 19th and 20th century Orient, Shanghai has remained on the cutting edge of Chinese politics, commerce and culture. And, now, tourism. The Bund, Shanghai’s riverside walk (and textbook example of good urban planning) along old colonial Art Deco and Romanesque buildings, offers spectacular views of the ultramodern Shanghai skyline across the river. The French Concession, an upscale tourist area known for its Western architecture, is chock full of both international stores and unique Shanghai retailers. A highlight to this vertical city is a trip to the Oriental Pearl Tower or the World Financial Center, the latter of which has the world's tallest observation deck at 1,555 feet above ground. The popular Yu Garden attraction is an imperial monument and vibrant street vendor district melded into one. The Shanghai Museum is also a big drawing card, with collections of pottery, Chinese painting and bronze work from prehistoric times to the Qing Dynasty spread across four floors. At restaurants look for the signature Shanghainese dish, xiaolongbao, steamed pork dumplings. Nightlife in Shanghai is not matched in China, with many nightclubs and bars found on the Bund or in Xintiandi. In Shanghai, hotels range from historical colonial buildings to 100-story Western-owned skyscrapers.
What users love about the Gogobot Shanghai Travel Guide:
✓ EXPLORE Shanghai to the fullest.
✓ PLAN your next trip easily and discover where friends have been!
✓ BOOK a hotel on the go with just a tap.
✓ CREATE stunning photo postcards and reviews of places you've visited.
✓ GET INSPIRED with postcards and reviews by friends and travelers like you
✓ JOIN a community of passionate travelers from around the world.
Gogobot Tribes are communities of travelers who share common interests. Are you a trail-blazing jet-setter with an adrenaline addiction? The Adventure Tribe may be for you. Feel at home in high-end hotels in exotic locations? Check out the Luxury Tribe for great tips. Always on top of the latest local hotspots? The Trendsters Tribe and Nightlife Tribe is where you'll find your groove. With 19 Tribes, and more on the way, travel advice has never been more personal!
Share your experiences with your friends. Turn your photos into digital postcards and customize them with filters to make them look beautiful. You can share your postcards with friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or SMS. You can also browse beautiful postcards from around the world on the "Featured" feed.
What users are saying:
“Love this app, love the idea of tapping into my Facebook friend network for travel tips. Also love making postcards :)” – Paul, Australia
"I used to use Frommer's and Lonely Planet - now I use Gogobot for my ultimate travel guide." – Erica, NYC
"If you like TripAdvisor, Gogobot will blow your mind" – Michael Arrington, TechCrunch
"Its like Yelp for travel!" - Connie, San Jose, CA
Cool Cities takes you the shortest route to suitable destinations and saves the user searching through countless tips or ratings. Helpful is the search function “nearby”, displaying recommendations in the vicinity or the highlights of each borough.
Also fully usable offline.
Overview of functions:
•Each recommendation is displayed with several images
•Search “nearby” with GPS (no internet connection required)
•Optional offline map of the city
•Simple navigation from your current location to the selected address
•Search for recommendations in city boroughs or according to categories
•Full text search in categories and city boroughs
•Simple creation of personal tours and favourites lists
•City Info with the most important addresses, links and telephone numbers
•Visual tour of the city
•Send by e-mail, share on Facebook and twitter
•Regular topical, seasonal and event special offers
•Easy and uncomplicated navigation
Only now, the app with trips around the city will give you free access to the description of the city and the first highlight of each trip. If you cotton on to the TCTRIPS SHANGHAI application, you can get access to a full trip for as little as € 1.79.
Currently, the routes available within the TCTRIPS SHANGHAI app are:
SPOTS OF OLD SHANGHAI – discover a different side of the metropolis; the trip consists of 8 points.
SHANGHAI FOR THE SINOPHILES – the most interesting city spots; the trip includes 8 points.
Who is this application for? Each of the trips caters for four target groups!
By choosing an appropriate group, you can enjoy attractions prepared especially for you.
Each of the TcTrips is unique, created by a local resident and revised by specialists. What is more, the trips contain plenty of pictures, descriptions of places, google maps and other information, necessary during sightseeing.
THE APPLICATION IS INTUITIVE
- user-friendly and intuitive, the application can be accessible to children as well as the elderly
- every trip is provided with the technical instruction of how to use the application („About the trip” section)
- you don't need to browse through the whole trip to get back to the main menu
- there is a clear layout with division between points, descriptions and pictures there
- thanks to a user-friendly browser you will be able to take a look at other trips from this city
- you don't need to exit from the application to take pictures and save them in the gallery
WHAT YOU CAN GET TO KNOW THANKS TO TcTrips
- information about country's current affairs, history of the city, various curiosities
- detailed descriptions of the points on the route
- free time suggestions in each of the points
- opening and closing hours, addresses of points and their availability
- information about the obstacles that may be encountered on the way by the handicapped or families with small children
- detailed description of the route from one point to the next prepared by the trip author – the inhabitant of the city and description of the route available with the Google map
- AR Trip function which helps to locate the points of the trip with the video camera of your smartphone; it is only possible to use AR Trip function if your not further away from each point of the trip than 10 km
- pictures of every trip point; the whole application includes hundreds of photos from all over the world
- the amount of time to spend in a particular place; proposed starting time (adjusted to the opening and closing hours of each attraction of the route)
AVAILABILITY OF THE APPLICATION
- every application is available in 5 language versions: English, Spanish, German, Russian and Polish
- every trip is applied to the requirements of 4 target groups: family, friends, couple, single
- trips are updated and regularly added to the TcTrips offer
- description of the trip and of the first point are free of charge, next points can be purchased
- after the purchase the route of the trip is available without time limits
You can find TcTrips application by entering keywords: trips, trip, travel, travelling, tourism, guide, sightseeing, Shanghai, tc trips
Features include favorites, shuffle, sharing, author information (via Wikipedia), configurable backgrounds, font size, colors and more.
I hope my work will brighten your day! Enjoy.
* Email/Share quotes
* Add/Remove to Favorites
* Kurt Cobain, Pancho Villa, Leon Trotsky, Edgar Allan Poe and many more.
It's free and I hope you enjoy it!
- 2000+ hand selected facts
- Choose and save your Favorite facts
- Share facts via Email, Twitter, SMS and more
- Shuffle mode for random fact browsing
- Simple and elegant user experience with gesturing support
Share - Email, Twitter, SMS, and more
Save to Favorites
Configurable font size and backgrounds.
A few of the authors include:
and many more...
3500 fantastic quotes and quotations from over 180 famous people grouped into 40 categories.
Browse by author or category or simply shuffle for random quote browsing.
Share - Email, Twitter, SMS, and more
Save to Favorites
Configurable font size and backgrounds.
Example authors include:
and many more...