- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
This free version comes with the top 2 million english wikipedia articles (about half the total number). Needs 3.6 GB space on your device to install.
Search and browse through the content of all articles even when you are offline. Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones searches the entire contents of all articles as you type.
• Highly compressed database
• Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones
• Search everything - search for articles by content not just titles
• Instant search - search results update as you type your query
• Optimized search ranking to help you locate the right article
• History and Bookmarks
• Search within article
• Font size adjustment
The best offline Wikipedia app on Android!
* Take all the Wikipedia knowledge with you even without an internet connection, with Android's ONLY app to offer downloadable offline databases in over 30 languages!
* Make reading Wikipedia fun with our random article function right from the first page of the app!
* Discover meaningful encyclopedia articles and learn more about your surroundings with Wiki Encyclopaedia Gold's "articles near me" feature
- Pre-set the languages you use the most as your "favourite languages", then easily switch language to read the same Wikipedia article in one of those languages!
- Switch and search between online or offline Wikipedia Encyclopedia, or online Wiktionary ® dictionary
* Wiktionary dictionary allows you to search for words in any language and will provide the translation to that word as well as the meaning! It is a perfect two-in-one dictionary and translator.
- Suggest/Autocomplete feature for faster searching
- Show/Hide Wikipedia editing tools for contributing to Wikimedia's project
- "Search on page"
- Day/Night mode settings (Black text on white background or white text on black background)
- Share articles directly from your Wiki app!
- Mobile/Desktop mode
- Set Text Size
- Save Wikipedia or Wiktionary dictionary article to phone's memory / Reading list
Supported Wikipedia languages include: English, Nederlands, Deutsch, Svenska, Français, Italiano, Español, Русский, Polski, Tiếng Việt, 日本語, Winaray, Sinugboanong Binisaya, Português, 中文, Українська, Català, Norsk (Bokmål), Suomi, فارسی, Čeština, 한국어, Magyar, العربية, Română, Bahasa Melayu, Српски / Srpski, Minangkabau, Türkçe, Bahasa Indonesia, Қазақша, Slovenčina, Esperanto, Dansk, Lietuvių, Euskara, Български, עברית, Hrvatski, Slovenščina, O‘zbek, Volapük, Eesti, हिन्दी, Galego, Nynorsk,
==If you are having trouble downloading the offline wiki encyclopaedia databases, please go to the left menu, DOWNLOAD WIKI, RECOVER PURCHASE. From here you will be able to recover your offline wiki automatically and re-start failed downloads. Any further problems, please email us! ===
Download Wiki Encyclopedia Gold, today and share the app with your friends to qualify for a free offline database!
This application also gives access to WikiTravels. With this feature you can access information about all travelling places across the world. This is very useful feature for those who like to visit famous places across the world.
The most important thing is this application is very simple to use.
Following amazing features are available with this application :
- Access to all wiki pages
- Live suggestion list (Autocomplete search)
- Ad free!!!!!
-The thumbnail related to a Wikipedia article will also appear on screen which will be useful while selecting a particular Wikipedia page.
- Access random articles
- Access today's featured article
- Access to wikitravels.
- Save unlimited articles (Pro version only))
- Access to wiktionary - online dictionary
- Access to WikiQuotes (Quotes from famous personalities) (Pro version only)
- Both desktop and mobile mode supported , user can choose according to their need
- Over 50 languages are supported including English,Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Polski, Português, Русский, 日本語, 中文, Aragonés, Česky, Chamoru, Ελληνικά, Indonesia, Svenska, हिन्दी, मराठी, தமிழ், 粵語 and many more...
- Works well on 2G network
- New features are added after every month and according to users requirements.
Please rate the app if you like it. If you want to add new features in application, please mail me your requirements. I will surely give you updated version with new features.
Wikipedia, Wikipedia search, wiki search, wiki pages, wiki info, wiki encyclopedia, encyclopedia search., knowledge, knowledge, random wikipedia article
Special thanks to Amol Dere for providing artifacts
What’s new in this app:
* A major design update (we went native!)
* Editing – help improve Wikipedia articles from your phone!
* Everything is faster, whether you’re searching, browsing, or settling a bar bet
* Table of contents to help you navigate long article and get to the information you need
* Wikipedia Zero support – data charges waived for participating mobile operators (Wikipedia as always is of course freely licensed)
* Search any language Wikipedia
* Bookmark pages
* Random article
* Recent browsing history
You can install Wikipedia Beta alongside your current version of Wikipedia for Android, so you can test our new features before they go live for all Wikipedia for Android users. Your feedback will help us fix bugs and decide what features to focus on next.
Please help us improve this app by leaving feedback here or sending a note to our mailing list, email@example.com
* Bookmark support : slide from left to access bookmarks, use the menu to add the current article as a one
* Always available table of contents (slide from left).
* Customizable text size and language
* Touch an image to get a larger version
* Share any article
* Directly search wikipedia
EveryWiki gives you access to the usual wikis like Wikipedia, Wiktionary, but also to the likes of Uncyclopedia, Wikivoyage, and many, many more.
✔ Fast searching
✔ Loads articles quickly and shows them while still loading
✔ Articles and images are cached for even faster access
✔ Search widget (shortcut on older devices) for instant search on your home screen
✔ Transforms articles into a more readable and pleasant format
✔ shows all images in high resolution
✔ Material design
✔ white and dark themes
✔ Game wikis for GTA, Halo, Call of Duty, ...
✔ Funny wikis like the Uncyclopedia or the Zombiepedia
✔ Wikis about TV shows like Star Trek, Star Wars or Family Guy
✔ Scientific wikis like Rational Wiki
✔ and many, many more
You can follow me on:
EveryWiki needs a few permissions:
- Internet: allows to load articles
- Write to SD card: EveryWiki caches images and articles there
- Network status: figure out if you are on WiFi, saves bandwidth when on mobile network
- NFC: for Android Beam. Hold your NFC-enabled device to another device to beam your current article over
- Live search suggestions
- Voice search
- Link queue - just long press on a link to add it to the queue
- Save an unlimited amount of pages to your storage for offline viewing anywhere
- Supports all Wikipedia languages
- Jump to a random article
- Add bookmarks + home screen shortcuts to articles
- Device search integration
- Full screen mode
- Quick language swap button
- Non-obtrusive advertising
This app beautifully formats Wikipedia ® articles for your phone. Reading on your phone becomes a pleasure. You can increase or decrease the font size, access the table of contents, or share articles easily.
New in this version: navigate by swiping. If you like newsreader apps like Pulse News, you'll love our Wikipedia ® reader app. Our Wikipedia ® reader app lets you swipe to navigate between articles just like Pulse News
NOTICE: This is not an official Wikipedia ® app. Wikipedia ® and Wikimedia ® are a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation. This ad-supported edition of Wikipedia is certified to be free of Malware, Viruses, and Trojans. Be on the lookout for android market apps that compromise your mobile security.
Wikipedia ® , Wiktionary ® , Wikimedia ® , Wiki, Pulse
- Wikipedia client for view all of Wikipedia’s articles
- Multiple windows support
- Language quick switch
- Light/Dark Theme
- Bookmark classification
- Download wikipedia article
- Support Offline reading
- Support App to SD
- Support Find on page
- Live search suggestions
- Jump to a random article
- Quick Search Box integration & a search widget
- 150 Wikipedia languages
- Auto detect language
- Adjustable text size
- Copy text from articles
- Share article with friends
- nearby article (location base)
Jesse Thompson: Seems to support every feature people complain about in the official app. Forward / back buttons,
random page button, does let you browse non - English Wikipedias better layout.
Zijun Zhao: Better than the offical one despite the network block in China, this app can still visit wikipedia while the official one can't.
vikash singh: Great app Provides login facility and bookmark ur pages, save page for later or offline reading,
zooming as well as tabbed browsing. Thats really gr8 but could be improved even better.
Agung Trianto Widya Nugraha: Fast & simple I like that this app loads lightly and simple. Easy top copy text and sends it to
my translator app either. Good work, dev!
• A quick search multiple online & offline dictionaries at once
• Download free dictionaries such as StarDict-compatible dictionaries from the market and internet
• Quick Search Box
• Long-click to share search results: Send results to other apps
• Word jump: Click a word to go to search results for that word
• Word suggestion: See auto-completions for partially entered words.
• Search history
• Customize color of dictionary
• Voice recognition
• Supports ColorNote App: ColorNote dictionary integration
• Supports E-book Reader integration
Supported offline dictionaries:
• English Wordnet offline dictionary (included)
• English thesaurus offline dictionary (included)
• English <-> Japanese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Chinese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> German StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Spanish StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• Bible offline dictionary (stardict)
Supported online dictionary
• Wikipedia encyclopedia (included)
How to download StarDict dictionary from the internet.
• Download the file to your PC
• Copy compressed file (tar.bz2, *.tar.gz, *.zip) to sdcard /dictdata directory
• Dict - Menu - Direct Download - Enter URL
E-Book Readers integrated with ColorDict
• FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader
• Supports Dictionary API for third-party developers
"Best Reference App" - Android Network Awards
"The Top 10 Coolest Things At CTIA" - mocoNews.net
"Favorite Mobile App" - Wave Award
* Wikipedia access in 13+ languages
* Find Wikipedia pages near you
* Live feed of what Wikipedia pages are being viewed.
* Disable ads by upgrading to Pro version
* 10+ million amazing articles from Wikipedia.
* Earn free, daily Pocket Change tokens that can be used for real-world items such as Starbucks, Amazon, PS3, and XBox.
To learn more about Wikipedia: http://www.wikipedia.org/
В этом справочнике есть всё, что нужно: персонажи, строения, таблицы цен, помощь новичкам.
Приложение работает без подключения к интернету.
Скачайте Вики по CoC и всегда будьте в курсе информации об игре!
* Replaces default Wikipedia app
* Image zoom feature
* Multi language
* Optimized for Tablets
* Get Pro version for OFFLINE MODE!
Play Wikipedia articles with Text to Speech (TTS) using this music player-like app in virtually any language. Listen to any topic from sushi making to computer engineering all while driving around town or walking to class. Wiki Lecturer helps the busy individual learn on the go. It's also a great default Wikipedia reader on both phones and tablets on top of its audio features! Want to learn about many different topics? Use the Play Queue feature to store your future listening list!
Note: We do not control the quality of the Text to Speech engine since that is usually built directly into Android. If you don't like the quality of the voice you might want to try another TTS engine like SVOX or IVONA. They are both awesome TTS engines.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments you may have.
1) Reads your Wikipedia article to you!
2) Auto-scroll when changing sections using Table of Contents
3) Facebook Sharing
4) Create your own custom Play Queues (Note: automatically moving to the next article is a Pro Feature only; but you can store articles in the queue)!
5) Drag-Drop reordering of your play queue
6) Long click links to add to play queue
7) Click images to zoom into full size image (WITH TWO FINGER ZOOM SUPPORT)
8) Change language and tone/accent
9) Search for articles in any language your phone supports
10) Search autocompletion
11) Remembers your search history
12) Changeable font sizes
13) Auto-scroll when changing sections (next/prev skipping as well)
The Pro version supports playing in the background, randomizing article play queues, skipping sections or articles, and more! Using Wiki Lecturer Pro you can even tell Wiki Lecturer to ignore wiki sections and (ie 'References') links that you don't want to listen to. Once one article is done, the next will automatically play.
Pro version features:
1) Music Player Mode! (play in the background)
2) Offline Mode!
3) Audio Widget!
4) Automatically play related articles from 'See Also' section (see Disclaimer below for details)
5) Automatic queue randomizing supported
6) Change speech rate
7) Change speech pitch
8) Skip to a section using the Table of Contents
9) Identify links and sections to ignore
10) No ads!
Note: you may have to download a third party Text-to-Speech engine for your language (try SVOX or IVONA Text-to-Speech for instance).
We have tested these languages (email us if your language doesn't work and need support added):
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Primarily tested on Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3.
Specialized Wikipedia voice and speech client for your mobile device. It responds to your voice search command and turns the online Wiki encyclopedia into an audio book. It also supports saving articles for offline reading.
Important: the text to speech feature depends on speech engine. The default Android speech engine may not support your language of choice, if so you need to install a third party speech engine (and data files) such as "SVOX Classic". You may also need to go to "Settings" to properly configure your speech engine.
1) Wikipedia voice search, Wikipedia text to speech.
2) Shake to start voice search.
3) Voice command to jump to a Web link.
4) Easy navigation in article, automatic scroll to a section by selecting an item in table of contents.
5) View the same article in different languages - good for learning a new language. Can be used as a multi-language dictionary.
6) Autocomplete in search box.
7) Optimized speed, fast response.
8) Save articles for offline reading.
Operations are easy: shake your phone to start search, long press on screen to bring up table of contents. On Text View, you can tap on screen to start/pause speech; swipe on screen to navigate through the paragraphs. On Web View, you can double tap on screen to toggle the search bar.
If you have any problem using this software, please don't hesitate to drop me a line at email@example.com and I'll try my best to help you.
Operation is very easy, swipe your fingers to go to next or previous joke, press the speaker icon to toggle speech.
Joke, Funny, Comedian, Voice, Text to speech.
This app can work with Guobiao Majiang Calculator to automatically calculate points of a hand.
It supports Chinese and English at this point.