Deceptive app name Should be called "Internet Dead Zones" or "Network Connection Not Available". I don't think I've ever had a stable connection in one of those hot spots. Ha ha! How ironic. As I was dictating this review, my phone connected to a Shaw hot spot and Google voice wasn't able to connect to its server to continue. Uninstalling now.
Power hog. Uses more power than the bloody screen does. I was close to selling the phone for it's abysmal battery life until I discovered it's this crap app.
It's OK, but I liked the older version better. I would happily abandon Shaw, since the increasing rates are reaching a pain point. What keeps me is the WiFi coverage, which saves a fortune in cell data and lets my kids use iPods for apps. The Shaw app is OK, buy I really don't care for the clouds where multiple access points overlap. The clouds aren't accurate. With the previous version that showed points it was easier to figure out where you should move closer to to get coverage.
Hard To Read The blue signal coverage obscures the underlying map. Hot spot locations are not labelled. Difficult to locate hot spot.
Rating It just makes communicating so much more convenient, especially for someone who is just feeling his way around this medium!
I have had no issues and I like it. It is very useful as I drive commercially and hate having to use up data on my phone's plan if I don't have to. It is a bit of a power hog though.
- Choose which offline data you want to install
- Map pin clustering for better performance
- Searches are quicker to return results
- Real time distance information (e.g. 2 minutes walk away)
- Realtime results, see places as you type
- Search history, frequently searched places are remembered
- View nearby locations grouped by site type
- This app sends anonymous usage information to help us identify new hotspot locations (unless function was previously declined or Settings are modified)
Book cheap flights & hotels, no booking fee. Used by 1,000,000+ people per day.