- New, interactive 3D maps of shopping centers and airports in 70 countries
- The route planner shows driving, public transit and walking routes on one screen so you can compare options at a glance
- You can now tap on any place icon on the map to find out more about it and how to get there
- Traffic incidents show you what's causing jams before you have to find out first-hand
- You can now download maps in the background — no need to wait around for them to finish
- You can also download voices to your SD card
- Turn-by-turn voice-guidance volume has been adjusted, so you can hear directions more clearly
- You can now use HERE on devices with 64-bit processors
- Featured in the Guardian, the New York Times, TechCrunch, Forbes, CNET, Mashable and more
Here's to finding your way no matter where you are. Here's to embracing the world around you and daring to explore new places without worrying about getting lost. Here's to having the confidence to live your life, because you always know exactly where you're going.
With HERE, you can plan your journey ahead of time and save a map of your destination right on your phone. With maps for more than a 100 countries around the world, you'll never be lost — even when offline. See exactly where you are and find the best way around with a route planner that shows you driving, public transit and walking options at a glance.
When you're ready to head out, turn-by-turn, voice-guided driving and walk navigation takes you right to your destination — or use our public transit maps and schedules to get around by train or bus. With HERE, your maps are always loaded and ready to use, and you never need to rely on an Internet connection.
HERE makes maps more useful. Find restaurants and shops in your area and browse ratings and reviews from TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet and more to plan your night out. Take a peek inside shopping centers and airports with 3D indoor maps that show you the location of stores, elevators and other facilities. Or meet up with friends using Glympse, a secure, private way of sharing your location that lets them see where you are.
What does HERE give you?
- Voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation that works around the world
- Maps you can save and use offline for more than a 100 countries, including the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Australia and Brazil
- Real-time traffic and incident information for more than 40 countries
- Indoor maps for thousands of shopping centers and airports
- Public transit maps, directions and information for more than 900 cities
- A route planner that shows driving, public transit and walking options so you can quickly compare them
- Your saved places are available on all your devices so you can plan journeys easier
We love feedback, so please send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever been at a new location and needed to tell a friend where they can meet you? Well, @here makes your life easy! Whenever you stop at a new location, @here will add a notification to your Android Wear device with your current address. Swipe left to see the neighborhood (e.g. "Mission District" in San Francisco), City, County, and other information about your location. Swipe left once more to see a map, and quickly launch your favorite mapping app on your phone right from your watch!
@here will intelligently update the notification on your watch when you stop at a new location, but if you want an update on-demand, just say "OK, Google, start @here", and the notification will appear.
Note: you will not see an app icon for @here in your phone's launcher. It will, however, install an app to your watch.
- downloading map for arbitrary area
- searching objects using object name or object type
- address search (by street name & house number)
- search by coordinates
- showing touristic places
- showing pubs in the selected area :)
- tracking location via GPS/WIFI/cellular
- share POI coordinates with friends via SMS
- add locations to the 'favorites'
- based on openstreemap & osmdroid
What it does: This app is deceptively powerful, thanks to accessing both GPS (all those wonderful navigation-aiding satellites up there above all our heads) and Google Map.
The first screen connects to the available satellites and guesses at the current street address. The result is not perfect, but close.
The latitude, longitude, and altitude are reported from the satellites close but varying accuracy.
The Map button gives real power! It gives puts you in Google Maps. For example, follow your location while moving in the Satellite view in real time!
Enjoy! It’s free. See ralphroberts.net for more about Ralph.
©2011 ArrSoft, arrsoft.com
All you have to do is start the application, set the meeting point on the map and text it to your friends. You can also customize your message by adding important details such as the street number, intercom or the color of the front door.
Your friends don’t need to have the application installed on their phones. Although we would recommend it :). The text message sent by the application can be read by any mobile phone. And in order to open the Google Maps link, a smartphone connected to the Internet is enough.
The text messages send by the application are regular SMS messages and don’t incur any additional costs.
Never need to tell a friend where you are?
Well, with 'Here I am !' this won't be a problem anymore!
WHY USING 'Here I am!' :
 NOTIFICATIONS: NEW ( BETA) : Now you can send your position without opening the app!
If one of your friends sends you a message containing the keyword phrase ' Where are you? ' , 'Here I am !' will send a notification telling you that the contact requires your location! So you can send it, from the notification area, without any problem!
 SELECT THE LOCATION PROVIDER (ATTENTION) : 'Here I am!' allows you to choose which system to use for checking your current location :
- Google Play Services : slower but more accurate, supported by most devices.
- Location Provider: fast and supported by all devices.
CAUTION: Some devices, like HTC and Samsung GALAXY, could have a higher accuracy by using the Location Provider.
 CHECK IN : find very quickly the coordinates of the places where you are!
 SENDING THE LOCATION: send locations to your friends by using one of the many supported applications!
SMS / MMS, Whatsapp , Facebook Messenger , Mail, Skype, Viber , LINE are only a small part of them ! .
 SAVING YOURS LOCATIONS : Save your places in your favourites , you can navigate to them at any time! In the absence of a connection, the search will show you only the coordinates of the place . But don't worry! You can use the 'Update' option to view the address!
 CROSS-PLATFORM LINK: 'Here I am !' generates links designed specifically for each platform! Before sending a location, choose to which platform ( iOS , Android, WP8 ) send your position ! In the case of Android or WP8 , two links will be created:
- Link to the Maps application of the specific platform.
- Links that open the position directly in 'Here I am !' . In this way you can save locations sent from your friends!
 SUPPORTED NAVIGATORS: Choose your favorite navigator! Currently the application supports:
- Google Navigator
- Mireo viaGPS
- Wisepilot (only when available the way! )
- CoPilot GPS
We are pleased to respond to your every request or question! Write to us at :
Or directly from the application, by clicking on : 'Contact us'
If you like the app, don't hesitate to put a review!
Useful for Mileage calculation.
- Acceptable inputs are any Google aware location, address, city, state, zip, country, etc. The address fields will auto-complete and offer suggestions as you type.
- If it is not possible to get there by the selected method, the app will let you know by presenting a message. The result can be displayed in either miles or km depending on your preference.
- There is also a button in the app to launch Google Maps with the selected origin and destinations and get directions. This feature is only enabled in the paid version of the app. ***
- New to version 1.5, a get current location button! For those of you who occasionally find yourself ‘temporarily misplaced’ (lost), this feature will pin point where you are! To save the life of your battery, if your location is not returned to the app within 15 seconds, the request for your location will time out. This feature is heavily dependent on the user/device location and/or network availability.
NEW to version 2
- Added a settings feature to enable/disable last used settings upon exit (Menu-> settings)
- Ability to switch to a Dark theme in settings
- Interface tweaks (new icons, modified button layout)
- ICS/Jellybean users will use the built-in Holo theme by default
- Linear distance calculation! This is a euclidean distance calculation to calculate the straight line distance between 2 points.
New to version 3:
You can now store historical information. Useful for mileage reporting. (Accessible via: Menu -> History) *Note: only the most recent record stored in the free version.
*** The ad-free version of Distance to Here can be found here:
I would like to keep the app as simple as possible, however this is my first app so any suggestions on improvements would be most welcome. Thanks!
Simply tap the icon for android phone and paste the URL of the Google Map into E-mail text.
■ useful in various situations
Useful if you want a place to tell others. For example,when a meeting at the train station.
Rather than a place to describe in words, and visual announcements on the map, it is easy to understand.
Afford to fail when the vessel lost at sea and the mountains. It can inform the location on the map.
The large parking lot, you can send an email to yourself, you know where your car parked back.
When disasters such as earthquakes, it can inform on the map where your family and lovers. What do the safety check?
■ Twitter also supported
Google Map of Twitter as well as pasting the URL, support for version 2. Twitter mailer or you can choose from the menu screen.
■ Also supports short URL
Paste the URL to Twitter, to allow some additional messages, URL shortening for correspondence.
■ Languages supported 34 (default language is English)
Catalan, Italian, Spanish, Noruueninoshiku, Korean, Romanian, Arabic, French, Croatian, Serbian, Turkish, Czech, Tagalog, Japanese, German, Thai, Chinese , Vietnamese, Slovak, Ukrainian, Dutch, Polish, Finnish, Slovenian, Danish, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Hungarian, Russian, Latvian, Swedish, English,Greek, Bulgarian
- uses the location of your smart device to provide push alerts to let you know when your public transport stop is approaching;
- can be used in addition to other announcements which may already be provided by your public transport operator;
- will let you know if your location signal has dropped out;
- has been developed to assist vision and hearing impaired customers; and
- is endorsed by the Australasian Railway Association.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Old version is also available.
2.01: Remove contact button.
With just a single move of your finger you can record the location of your car. When the car is needed again, the application will give you a hint as to where it is located.
Thanks to "Here" application, you can record your location easily and also easily return to it.
Get the facts about the history that's hidden all around you, including architecture, museums, battlefields, monuments, famous homes and much more! And now, you can explore TOURS, a new feature that use locations as a way to learn about historical themes and topics, such as Marilyn Monroe's Hollywood, Civil War Atlanta and Al Capone's Chicago.
WE ARE ADDING MORE POINTS OF INTEREST ALL THE TIME. Know a place that's not listed in the app? Use the Suggest a Place feature to submit it to the HISTORY editorial team.
* Thousands of exclusive points of interest, written by the history experts at HISTORY®.
* Select your current location with GPS or search any location across the country.
* Tap Surprise Me! to see a random location somewhere in the U.S.
* Display historic locations in a zoomable, map-based view or in a scrolling list.
* Share the locations you find with friends via Facebook, Twitter and email.
* Get distances and driving or walking directions to points of interest.
"Firstly to make non-popular apps to “shine up” , secondly to help app users choose the proper app for their needs and last but not least to give the opportunity to all the ambitious reviewers to tests their reviewing skills."