Open source here: https://github.com/rmack/TwistedHomeManager
** Taking future suggestions if anyone has any?
1. Switch between Home Apps (Launchers)
2. Clear Default Home app
3. Set Default Home app
4. Show Home App Memory usage if running
5. Android 1.6 and greater support
6. Reference to 36 Home Apps on the Market
Easy to find and try.
Diff between installed and known home apps.
Great for development testing if you app depends on different Home Applications.
NOTE: If there is a home app that is missing from the list and you feel it should be added then please send an e-mail to email@example.com
What is a Home App. A Home App, or sometimes called a “Launcher” is the main UI (User’s Interface) displayed after hitting the Home button. This UI should let you access all of the other features on your Android Device. The reason to change to a new Home App depends on an individuals customization preference on how they would like their device to function and look.
The following options are supported:
Clear Default: This action will take you to the the Installed App details; which will allow you to select “Clear Defaults”. Then hit the back button to get back to THM.
Set Default: This action will bring up a dialog to select an installed Home App and set it as the default.
Get Home: This action will bring up a dialog to select Home Apps that are on the Android Market. By making a selection it will take you to the Home App selected on the Android Market. This way it makes it easy for you to try out some different Home Apps.
Select Home App: By pressing on any given installed Home App it will immediately launch that home app.
Long Press Home App: By long pressing on any given installed Home App it will immediately take you to that Home App Installed App Details.
-- Force Stop Home App
-- Clear cached data
-- Clear data
-- View permissions
Sort: By pressing Menu you will be presented with sort options.
Currently the preferences will allow you to change between different themes: Black, White, Grey, etc...
Preferences will also allow you to e-mail and navigate to this blog.
NOTE: Twisted Apps doesn't support any of the Home Apps which are referenced through Twisted home Manager. Nor does Twisted Apps guarantee that any of these Home Apps will function well on your device. They are only listed for convenience to find them on the Android Market to try them out. NOTE: Not all Home Apps will appear on your service providers version of the Android Market, sorry.
Key Word Search:
Home Switcher; Home Manager; Launcher Switcher; Launcher Manager; Home Clear Default; Clear Default; Launcher Clear Default
- Display recent tasks
- Display running tasks
- Display favorites
- Display shortcuts
- Ignore list
- Kill tasks
- Press home button and select this application by default.
- Press home button in this application screen and select a default home application.
- Press task icon and launch application.
- Press and hold a task icon, and open option menu.
- Select settings from menu and set behavior or view.
- Another home app or this app is started when press BACK button in Android 4.4.
- There are cases that some finished apps are determined as running. If you want to finish these apps, please long-click on app icon and select [App info]-[Force stop].
Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play™.
Who can transfer?
• Android™ owners - using wireless device-to-device transfer
• iOS™ owners - use the option that’s best for you:
o Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy
o Import from iCloud™
o PC/Mac transfer using iTunes™
What can be transferred?
Contacts(Device content only), calendar(Device content only), text messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi settings, wallpapers (Android only)
Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on the device and from the SD card (if used).
What is needed to transfer?
• Android transfer:
o Between Galaxy devices with Android 4.0 or higher (Wi-Fi Direct)
o From Android device to Galaxy device with Android 4.0 or higher (Mobile AP)
• iOS transfer:
o Wired transfer: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), USB On-the-Go (OTG) cable (What is a USB OTG cable?
o iCloud transfer: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
o iTunes transfer: Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
Note: For more information, and step by step directions go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
What devices are supported?
Galaxy: Recent All Galaxy Mobile/Tablet Device (From Galaxy S2)
Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
• HTC®: One X, X+, S, SV, V, Butterfly, Desire X, 500, EVO 4G
• LG®: Optimus G, L9, 4X HD, L5, L7, Nexus 4 E960, G2, G3
• Sony®: XPERIA Z, Z1, TL, V, ZR, Acro HD, Go, E dual, E
• Huawei™: C8813, T8951, ASCEND G52
• Lenovo ™: A798T, A789, S720
• Motorola®: DROID RAZR, RAZR Mini, RAZR Maxx, ATRIX III
Now with ICS, you really want to use this feature a lot.
Strangely, it is not possible to create a shortcut to this, android does not expose it as an activity.
Get to it quicker, a lot quicker, I would recommend using it with Widgetsoid as shown in the video.
Apologies in advance for not making this free. I have a baby coming and would love to support him in anyway possible. Thanks.
Switchr Pro Key
With the Pro Key installed alongside Switchr, all settings are unlocked, leaving you with the freedom to customize every aspect of Switchr. Switchr Pro allows you to take advantage of all gestures, swipe from the right or bottom edge, customize every visual aspect, configure blacklists/whitelists to your liking, show an unlimited amount of apps, and much much more.
Here is the full feature list:
- Bottom edge trigger
- Live Switching (switch apps in realtime)
- Gestures for closing apps
- Pin running apps
- Pin an unlimited amount of apps
- CoverFlow Effects (tweak scroll speed, transition animations, etc)
- Blacklist/Whitelist apps
- Removed Pro Ads
- Visual swipe indicator
- Switchr Arc customization
- Halo support for root users
- Switchr Slide sidebar
- Search action replacement (swipe up from navbar, long press hardware menu key, or press the hardware search key)
- Support further development
*** REQUIRES A SAMSUNG DEVICE AND ROM THAT SUPPORTS MULTI WINDOW ***
*** THIS APP DOES NOT PROVIDE MULTI WINDOW FUNCTIONALITY FOR DEVICES OR ROMS THAT DON'T ALREADY SUPPORT IT ***
Break free from the boundaries Samsung has placed on its multi window feature. Now you can use any app in split screen, not just the few that are natively supported by Samsung or the app developer.
I know a lot of custom roms have enabled all apps for multi window by default, but I find this bogs down the launch bar, not to mention it's no fun digging through 2-300 apps to find the ones you actually want to use in split screen.
This app makes all apps multi window capable, but only adds the ones you specify to the launch tray. This means you can drag an app from the launch bar onto ANY app and it will launch in split screen...even apps that aren't explicitly selected to be enabled for multi window.
If you have purchased the Pro Key for the original Samsung Multi Window Manager app, it will unlock pro features for this app as well.
- Fast Reboot or refresh FlashBar to apply changes
- Customize the launch tray (Remove labels and the help button as well as apply themes)
- Option to auto enable newly installed apps
- Create a multi window shortcut allowing you to use third party launch trays instead of the Samsung FlashBar launcher
- Create a 2-app shortcut allowing you to launch two apps at once in split screen mode.
- Launch two instances of the same app in split screen. (Some apps explicitly forbid this and will not work)
The quickest, easiest and high customizable way to fast access functionality.
Maximize your Android multitasking capability with this little cute point and click tool! All the functionalities are fast accessible just in single touch away. It stays on top of everything, quick, easy and customizable. Dozens of theme styles for choosing. GO Launcher Dev Team shows another way to improve your life.
"If you like Android but you'd like to improve the way you access to your most used stuff, you should take a glance at this. Really useful." - Appzoom
“Toucher follows a similar concept, developed by the team of Go Launcher, and we think that makes it even better than the iOS companion.” - Android Shouter
■ All Features are FREE
- Quick access to most used apps or functionalities, such as weather, message, address book, screen locker, memory cleaner, flashlight, screenshot etc.
- Create your own shortcuts in one panel
- Shortcuts to 19 system switches, including WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth, Volume, etc.
- Fully customizable, changing tab colors, panel size, point size, etc.
- Supporting DIY point in Facebook Chat Heads and Android HOLO style.
- Virtual control keys to quick access to Home, Back & Menu (Rooted device needed)
- Various theme styles and skins (Keep increasing)
■ Premium features
With Premium package, you can get:
*Remove all ADs from Toucher Pro
*Add shortcut to Favor tab
*Add 4 more scroll effects
Q: Change theme style?
A: App Drawer -> Toucher Pro-> Featured
Q: DIY Point?
A: App Drawer -> Toucher Pro -> Point - >DIY
Q：Change favorite apps?
A：Press and hold the icon to remove and click '+' to add.
For more information, check our blog:
■ Contact Us
■ Translation project
We sincerely hope you join Toucher translation project, helping us to translate Toucher into your language.
Check Toucher translation project:
THIS APP REQUIRES JB 4.1.2 AND ROOT ACCESS
THE 2013 VERSION OF THE NOTE 10.1 IS NOT CURRENTLY COMPATIBLE
ONLY SAMSUNG ROMS SUPPORT MULTI WINDOW...CYANOGENMOD, AOSP, AOKP, ETC CANNOT USE THIS APP
Samsung has added a new multi window feature to a few of their Jelly Bean devices. However...there is only a limited set of apps compatible with this new feature.
Using this Multi Window Manager, you can enable ANY app to take advantage of this awesome new feature.
Check out the Pro version for these additional features:
- Create shortcuts on your homescreen to open apps or web bookmarks in windowed mode (Note 10.1 tablet only)
- Specify custom window sizes for shortcuts (Note 10.1 tablet only)
- Open multiple instances of some apps (This is limited by whether or not a particular app permits multiple instances...I've yet to find an internet browser that allows this, however there are many other useful apps that do allow it)
- Fast reboot...cuts reboot time to less than half that of a normal reboot
- Detect new app installs and prompt to enable multi window
- Backup and restore your enabled apps list
**How to add widget
1.Long press the empty place on home screen
3.Click "Super Widget - Switch" to add.
**What should I do if I cannot uninstall the app?
1. Open “Settings“ in Home
2. Select “Location ＆ Security -> Select device administrators“
3. Unchecked permission of "Super Widget - Switch"
4. UNINSTALL the switch widget as normal
1.Wifi,MobileNetwork,GPS,Brightness,Bluetooth,Auto-sync,Airplane mode,Auto-rotate,Vibrate,Ringer,ScreenTimeOut,Lock screen
2.Ringer volume,notification volume & alarm volume
3.Toggle position customization
This app will let you conveniently switch out the emoji in your system. Currently available emoji are Google (stock), Samsung, LG, and iOS.
Thanks to gonsa from XDA for providing the font files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2618523
Busybox is recommended, and the app is untested without it.
Hide the systembar and use your tablet in fullscreen-mode without losing systembars main functions: navigation options and notifications .
~ please note: This app requires root!
~ read below for issues and limitations !
This app is a light-weight replacement/companion for the default systembar on tablets.
It can disable the bottom systembar on most tablets running Android 3 or Android 4.
Now you can use the full screen for your own apps without wasting space for the bottom bar.
» Play games,
» Watch videos,
» Surf the web,
» Read your mails...
››› everything fullscreen and without losing the main functions of the systembar:
Go back, Go to Homescreen, switch between recently used apps, access notifications...
The provided replacement buttons can be configured in function, visibility, position and size. Following actions can be assigned to any button:
• Go back: Navigate back within apps.
• Go to homescreen: Shortcut to directly go to homescreen.
• Show recent apps: Quickly switch between recently used apps.
• Show notifications: Display a panel with notifications.
• Restore systembar: An action to quickly restore systembar.
• Open apps menu: Easy access even to menu of older apps.
• Pie-Menu: Opens a configurable pie-menu.
The also available plus-Version supports an automatic mode:
Just define the apps you want to use in fullscreen mode and full!screen+ takes care of the rest. It will automatically disable the bottom bar for those apps.
- Start your browser -> *poof* bottom bar is gone.
- Switch back to Home -> the bar reappears.
- Play Video -> always in fullscreen.
You don't have to care!
issues and limitations:
- in case you experience problems after reboot like notifications not working or not able to autostart:
Please upgrade/change your SuperUser-Manager and use it to upgrade/install latest su-binary!
- There are limitations with phone devices. You might lose ability to accept incoming calls or receive SMS in fullscreen mode. Please make sure to test this before using full!screen.
- On devices with split systembar (notifications on top and navigation on bottom) it is not possible to just hide navigationbar. This unfortunately is a system-limitation and no workaround possible.
Use Advanced Task Manager to end applications, speed up phone, and save battery!
1) Tablet support with specific layouts for large screens
2) Charts and visuals to view system information
3) Terminate Apps via App Detail Page
4) Shows Battery, Memory, & device Info
5) Shortcuts to useful tools
6) SD Card Management (Move apps between phone and sd card. Requires you to be on Android 2.2 at least).
7) Bulk Uninstall
8) Press-to-End Shortcut (instead of widget).
The press-to-end shortcut (accessible by long pressing home screen and choosing shortcut) replaces the widget.
For Cliq users, your android version is not at least 1.6. It should not have been shown to you as an upgradeable version. This is a glitch via the Android Market since I require at least Android 1.6. This is why you guys are unable to download or install the application.
The new interface requires Android 2.2.
Some people like to use passwords typed in non standart keyboard layout. For example user types "gfhjkm", which actually in normal layout results "пароль" (\Password\ - in russian). This hint used by all people who have both languages printed on keyboard. Something like "Punto Switcher (c)" for PC.
This is the donate version without pop-up, is faster than the free one when starting the Task Manager from the notifications bar and includes the translation of the label of the App congruent to the language set on your device.
PLEASE UNINSTALL THE FREE VERSION BEFORE INSTALL THIS ONE.
### THIS APP IS ONLY FOR Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S3 or other Samsung compatible devices ###
This is a link to the original Samsung App's icon missing on Samsung GS3 and Notes II.
If installed on compatible Samsung device (eg Galaxy S2) where the icon is already present, adds the ability to activate the Task Manager from the notification bar.
It allows you to access the Task manager through the app drawer, the homescreen and THE NOTIFICATIONS BAR without having to long-press the home button.
This application, unlike other similar, does not show the launcher shortcut in the list of applications of Samsung Task manager.
It will be also installed an HELP ICON through which YOU CAN ACTIVATE OR DEACTIVATE THE NOTIFICATION and share the app with your friends.
The donate version without pop-up is faster than the free one when starting the Task Manager from the notifications bar and includes the translation of the label of the App congruent to the language set on your device.
Search for "Task Manager S4 Shortcut" that installs also four widgets (shortcuts) to the individual tabs on the task manager.
Currently supported languages are:
If your language is not present in this list, please let me know that I will provide to insert it; send me an e-mail with the name of your language (as it appears in the list of the languages that you can set on your device) and the label that should appear below the Task manager icon.
Please report even if some translation is not correct.