Current Features of Shadjam:
- Thousands of Ragas with information and playback of Aarohana and Avarohana for each Raga
- Search or Browse Ragas by name or by Swaras
- Moorchana / Scale playback for all ragas
- Sruti / Pitch adjustment
- Gati / Tempo adjustment
- Continuous playback option in loop
- Raga info can be shared
- Ragas and Composers can be searched from the global android search by enabling Shadjam in search options. E.g; Google Now, QSB.
- Information about 35 Talas per 'Suladi Sapta Tala' scheme. Talas can be looked up by Tala name and Tala Jaati
- Audio playback for all talas
- Tempo / BPM adjustment
- Continuous playback option in loop
- Tala info can be shared
- Brief biography of well-known Carnatic composers (Vaggeyakara)
- Search or Browse composers by name
- Carnatic lessons for learners. Current lessons include: Sarali, Janta & Datu Swaras, Alankarams, Geetams, Swarajatis, Varnams and other non-carnatic songs with notes. Lessons will be updated on a regular basis.
- Basic Lessons can be played in any of the 72 Melakarta ragas
- Playback options: 5 speed variations, 128 instruments, Pitch adjustment, repeated playback
- Glossary with information about key terminology of Carnatic Music (Ragam, Talam, Sruti, etc.)
- Usage info
- Change themes with dark and light variations of different colors to suit your mood and style
- Configure default Sruti/pitch
- Configure default instrument for Lessons
- Enable extended list of Ragas, which includes thousands of Ragas. Please note that it takes a little while to load the long list of Ragas. If you think you are seeing too many not so well-known ragas in your Raga page, disable this option. You can enable it anytime.
- Enable background playback. Sometimes you might want to turn off your screen or switch to another app while practicing lessons. Enable this setting to keep the audio in Shadjam running while you take care of other things.
Please email your feedback, suggestions, feature requests and issues, if any, to the developer (Shadjam.Carnatic@gmail.com) or post them in our social network pages in Google+, Facebook or Twitter.
- Shows the name of note or shruti, currently being played.
- Shows frequency of a note being played.
- Shows the equivalent or nearest western note being played.
- Shows the frequency of 'Sa' / base note of octave.
- Shows the distance from nearest perfect note.
For information on how to use app, please visit http://shrutituner.blogspot.in
This app is based on the research of 22 Shrutis by Dr. Vidyadhar Oke ( http://www.22shruti.com )
All of the music samples were recorded in-studio by professional musicians and are exclusive to this application. Care has been taken to ensure the highest quality audio playback, including non-destructive tempo and pitch shifting.
*** CUSTOMIZE ANYTHING! ***
- Tempo (BPM)
- Pitch (Frequency, Semi tones, cents, swar)
- Taal or Tala (including Teentaal, Dadra, Deepchandi, Ektaal and more)
TANPURA (or Tambura):
- Choose notes for strings (Sa, Re, Ga...)
SRUTI BOX (or surpeti)
- 13 individual reeds / swara
Pocket Raaga is great for anyone with interest in classical Indian, Hindustani, Carnatic, or Bollywood music. The virtual instruments (tamboura and sur peti) can be used in a concert or for riyaaz on your Droid. The tabla can even be used as a metronome for bharatanatyam or kathak!
*** DEMO ***
Audio will be restricted after 5 minutes of use. However, the restriction is reset every 30 minutes.
*** PERMISSIONS ***
- Network communication: For sending user feedback and crash reports to the developers.
- Coarse location: To better understand where the application is being used.
- Phone state: To pause playback when you receive a phone call.
Like Swar Saptak this tools will prove great companion to that.
< * This is a silent app and does not generate any sound * >
Some of the things which can be fun with this app
- Practicing saragam, alankar ,swara, aakar etc.
- Doing riyaz, singing as hobbyist, pitch practice.
- Visual feedback for playing musical instrument or singing.
- Tuning any instrument for indian music mode.
- Works in live/real-time through the microphone.
- 12 Musical Notes / Swara in real-time on Indian classical musical scale.
What is NOT there in app:
- if you can not keep your eyes open while singing it may not be useful. (because the feedback is visual)
- this app does not record any music
- this app does not playback any swara.
Are you tired of carrying around multiple devices/ hiring a Musician? Worry no more, here is the totally free version of Your Tanpura app!
* The app supports 14 scales ranging from .G#,.A#,A, B, C, C# and so on up to A in Panchama (Shadjama and Madhyama coming soon)
* Seamless playback of the each scale will make you think that you have a real Tanpura at hand!
* App is smart enough to save the last played scale, so you don’t have to go and pick it every time
* Worried about interruptions from Incoming/Outgoing phone calls? Don’t be. We’ve made sure that App pauses during call and resumes at the end of it.
* App will continue to play in background, so you can safely put your phone in Locked mode and concentrate on your singing. Local notification will be shown when the sound file is playing.
* Found a bug? Use the Report a Bug to send us mail from within the App
* Spread the word, visit our Facebook page and drop in your valuable feedback!
*Easy to use
*Must have for every singer/composer
*Beautiful tone of manual tabla and tanpura
Taals : 10 taals (Dadra, Rupak, Keharwa, Matta, Jhaptal, Rudra, Ektal, Ada Chautal, Pancham Sawari, Tintal)
Tempo: 60 - 240 BPM (with increments of 1)
IN PREMIUM VERSION TOTAL TAALS: 29
Dadra - 6 beat (5 Variations) | Rupak - 7 beat cycle | Tewra-7 beat | Keharwa - 8 beat cycle (6 Variations) | Matta - 9 beat cycle | Jhaptal - 10 beat cycle |
Surfakta-10 beat | Rudre -11 beat | Chautaal - 12 beat cycle | Ektal - 12 beat cycle | Vishwa - 13 beat | Ada chautaal - 14 beat cycle |
Deepchandi - 14 beat cycle | Fardost-14 beat | Jhumra - 14 beat cycle | Pancham sawari 15 beat | Addha - 16 beat cycle | Tilwara 16 beat |
Tintal - 16 beat (2 Variations)
I am a signal processing engineer by profession and Hindustani classical singer by passion. I have developed this app after rigorous analysis of the resonance of instrument. Connect your android device to good speakers and enjoy the sound in high fidelity. Ideally place the speakers at least 3 to 4 feet away for the best effect.
I have included several digitized tanpura profiles. Use them and adjust the tempo/pluck-style to get the best combination that suits your taste.
The fully functional version will run for few minutes before terminating.
FYI : My great grand father made wonderful tanpuras from wood, about 80 years ago and in this digital age I have taken to computing !!! I will update the app with the profile of the only available tanpura he made..
* About Bheema Tanpura *
"This application takes its name from one of the greatest hindustani classical singers of our times, Pt Bhimsen Joshi, the maestro of Kiraana School of North-Indian classical music. He has been an inspiration for me and I belong to his school of Music; this software is a tribute to that great personality"
Enjoy the Naada and your new pair of tanpuras
* Acknowledgements *
Calcutta tanpura : Courtesy, Omkarnath Havaldar of Bangalore
Specially for classical singer to practice singing.
you can play tabla's bol..
you can select the appropriate scale of tanpura
you can record your voice+tabla+tanpura and share across all over media
you can also upload your recording file on the dropbox also.....
A great tool for "riyaaz", it features all the commonly needed taals and the sound gets optimized when performing practice sessions using headphones or external speakers. Well suited for vocal, instrumental and dance practice.
Following taals are supported in this version:-
We intend to add many more taals in upcoming versions and improve the experience of using Tabla Taal.
Tempo and pitch are adjustable for all the taals.
For any queries, complaints or suggestions please feel free to mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like the app, please don't forget to leave a review and rating... :)
Please download the PRO version @
This will not contain full list of Raagas. Please download PRO version to see full list of Raagas. You can still continue using the FREE version.
"Raga" is a melodic mode used in Indian classical music. It is a rhythmic expression of a mood in Indian melody. "Indian Classical Ragas" is an e-Learning application where you can learn the Ragas by knowing Aaroh, Avaroh, Vaadi, Samvaadi, Prahar and some more information. Application also displays the list of famous hindi songs based on the ragas for reference.
We are in continuous process of adding more and more songs to the application hence you can expect more frequent updates to the application. Application works very well on mobile devices as well as tablet devices.
Application shows few Devnagari letters like "Swara's". To view them correctly; we would recommend using the application on Android version 4.2+; though few earlier versions are able to render the application without any issues. Our recommendation to use 4.2 is because; Android has officially started supporting Indic Fonts from version 4.2
We are adding support for viewing the application in English and Hindi.. hence stay tuned.
You are most welcome to send your suggestion to us t email@example.com.
With TaalMala sequencer, you can compose your own sequences of fixed or randomized Taal patterns and use them for accompaniment.
If you have the Windows desktop version of TaalMala, you can compose your custom Taals, export them to your Android device and play them on the Android device.
- High-quality studio-recorded Tabla, Pakhawaj, Tanpura and Manjeera (Zanj) sounds
- Two sets of Tabla/Dagga sounds and ability to choose and mix-match between the two sound sets
- 245+ pre-composed Taals and Taal sequences, including most popular Taals and their variations
- New Taals and compositions added frequently as free updates
- Automatic Manjeera/Zanj accompaniment synchronized with the Tabla/Pakhawaj Taals
- Adjustable tempo from 10 bpm to 1000 bpm for Taal
- Pitch control (+/- 0.5 octave), with fine-tuning of Tabla and Pakhawaj for precise matching with any instrument
- Powerful sequencer to compose fixed and automatically randomized sequences from the Taals library
- Independent master fine-tuning for Tabla and Tanpura
- Independent volume/level balance for Tabla/Pitch, Dagga/Bass and Manjeera
- Ability to import and use your own Tanpura sounds and loops
- Choose between chromatic or just/harmonic tuning for Tabla and Tanpura
- Independent master fine-tuning control for Tabla and Tanpura for precise matching with any instrument
- Up to 2 simultaneous Tanpura playback
- High-quality Tanpura sounds with all popular Tanpura patterns included
- Adjustable Tanpura tempo
- Adjust strumming speed of 4 Tanpura strings independently
- Option to slightly vary the Tanpura plucking delays randomly for better realism
- Tap on the screen twice to set exact Taal tempo, as required
- Set start beat (matra) of the Taal, particularly useful in live concert mode if your composition starts from midddle of a Taal cycle OR if composition is Vilambit (slow tempo)
- Compose your own Taals using our Windows desktop application and play them on your Android device
This is a trial version of the application with following limitations:
- Playback restricted to 5 minutes every hour
- Trial expires after 14 days from first use. To continue use after 14 days, you must purchase the licensed edition of the application.
- Trial period resets 74 days after the date of first installation, in case you had tried and older version and want to install and try the upgraded version now.
For more information, visit our web site http://www.taalmala.com.
If you would like to purchase a licensed version, use the "Upgrade" button in the application. If you are unable to purchase via Google Play Store for any reason, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
Instant Search : Search While Typing. But Don't type too fast.
Cloud Based : You will automatically get new Ragas, when we insert it.
Support of Indian Language : We are now supporting Punjabi and Hindi along with English.
The Veena is a plucked string instrument originating in ancient India, used mainly in Indian classical music. Play this musical instrument and enjoy your meditation!
How to play: Just tap the screen, enjoy relaxation veena sound and try to create new compositions for veena.
Veena Sim features:
- Exotic musical instrument - Veena
- High-quality soft sound
- Great music for meditation
- Absolutely free musical app
Enjoy the atmosphere of mysterious India and learn how to play the Veena! Enter into the heart of Indian music.
Tanpura is a long-necked plucked string based Indian classical musical instrument.
It is also known as Tampura, Tambura, Tanpuri, Tamburi,
It is popular for its soothing, calming rhythmic sounds.
SoShall Tanpura App sounds on Android can be played during mediation, yoga, performance, recital or practice session (riyaz).
Simply press "Start" to hear the sweet sound!
It provides drone sounds for a performance in frequencies
1. C# (Kali 1) for both Sa-Pa and Sa-Ma sounds => suitable for Male vocalists & singers.
2. G# (Kali 4) for both Sa-Pa and Sa-Ma sounds => suitable for Female vocalists & singers.
Sa- 1st tone, Ma is 4th tone and Pa is 5th tone.
Sa-Pa is more common more used for most ragas i.e which have Pa swar/frequency.
Sa-Ma Mode is used for ragas having no Pa swar/frequency.
Example: Raga Malkauns, Chandrakauns, Lalit
Apart for musicians and students, practitioners of mediation concepts like Art of Living, Vipassana,Yoga can also use this app as an accompaniment.
+ Optional Riyaz (practice) mode with automatic timed tempo changes
+ Optional Metronome to indicate the matra
+ Optional Tanpura/Shruthi box
+ Visual matra indicator
+ Beats per minute from 30 to 300
+ Over 50 lehras in 14 different taals
+ Save lehras as favourites
+ Choice of 6 instruments including piano, guitar and bansuri
+ Wide Range of Pitch selection
+ Buttons for easier change of beats per minute
+ Tap beats to set tempo
All future updates with some additional features already in the pipeline, will be free. We look forward for your suggestions and feedback for easier usability as well as for increasing the usefulness of the app. Please contact us if you would like to see any useful feature in the future updates. The app is for devices with Android version 2.1 or higher.
If you are interested in this app please also checkout our app LayaTarang an app to sharpen your layakari (polyrhythm) skills.
LehraBox is a creation of SiddhiSadhana. For more details check out http://siddhisadhana.nawaztabla.com
Our sincere thanks to http://chandrakantha.com/ for the good collection of lehra compositions.
Divided into sections such as Varisai, Geetham, Swarajathi, Nottuswaram and Varnam, it has a comprehensive collection of basic carnatic music lessons suited for beginners which can be practiced in different speeds and scales.
+ Sarali, Jantai, Daatu, melstaayi, mandrastaayi varisai, alankaram and bruga saadaka varisai
+ 13 Geethams, 2 Swarajathis and 5 Nottuswarams with both swaram and sahityam
+ 24 Adi Tala Varnam with ability to play individual sections of varnam
+Collection of popular songs (Currently 2 songs)
+ Vary tempo over a range of speeds
+ Optional Metronome for basic lessons
+ Optional Tanpura / Sruti box for basic lessons
+ Wide range of pitch to select from
+ Choice of 4 musical instruments viz., Piano, Accordion, Violin and Flute
+ Option to practice varisaigal in different melakartha raagams
+ Optional Visual display of the taalam cycle
+ Optional Karaoke style scrolling of swaram while playing
+ Basic information on over 900 raagas
+ Search for raagas either from the notes and (or) names
+ Metronome based on Tala scheme with indication of aksharam
+ Tala Metronome with optional selection of nadai
+ Variable bpm of metronome from 30bpm to 200bpm
All future updates will be free. We look forward for your suggestions and feedback for increasing the usefulness of the app. Please contact us if you would like to see any features to be included in future updates. The app is for devices with Android version 2.1 or higher.
If you are interested in this app please also checkout SwaramQuest a quiz based game for ear training.
ShruthiLaya is a creation of SiddhiSadhana. For more details check out http://siddhisadhana.nawaztabla.com
+ Change Beats per minute in steps of 10 between 30bpm to 300bpm
+ Riyaz (practice) mode with automatic change of BPM with time per speed limited to maximum of 3 minutes
+ Only 3 lehras limited to TeenTaal are available
+ Features like optional metronome, matra indicator, elapsed time, etc., are not available.
+ Ad-supported version
+ Updates will not be available for the lite version.
The app is for devices with Android version 2.1 or higher.
If you are interested in this app please also checkout our app LayaTarangLite an app to sharpen your layakari (polyrhythm) skills.
LehraBoxLite is a creation of SiddhiSadhana
Developers of LehraBox, LayaTarang and ShruthiLaya
+ Only Tintal is available (of the 15 basic tabla taal in the full version)
+ limited choices of Beats per minute viz, 30, 60, 90 and 120bpm
+ Only 3 sidhi layakari viz., dugun, tigun and chaugun are available
+ Updates will not be available for the lite version.
The lite version is intended to be used for testing before purchasing the full version.
The app is for devices with Android version 2.3 or higher.
LayaTarangLite is a creation of
SiddhiSadhana, the developers of LehraBox ( a lehra machine on your android device)
+ 32 exciting levels to complete
+ 3 modes of difficulty viz., beginner, intermediate and advanced
+ Practice Mode for training in all levels
+ Train in different melakarta ragas
+ Optional Sign-in with your Google account
+ Optional sharing of your scores with your friends
+ Optional In-app purchase to remove ads
All future updates will be free. We look forward for your suggestions and feedback for making this app more fun to use and increase its utility. Please contact us if you would like to see any useful feature in the future updates. The app is for devices with Android version 3.0 or higher.
If you like this app, you may be interested in our other app ShruthiLaya, a collection of lessons for Carnatic music learners.
SwaramQuest is a creation of SiddhiSadhana. (http://siddhisadhana.nawaztabla.com)
Developers of LehraBox, LayaTarang and ShruthiLaya
Features are as follows,
+ 15 tabla taals viz., tin tal, rupak, dadra, jhap tal, keherwa, ekTal, chautal, dipchandi, jhumra, khempta, sultal, pashtutal, sitarkhani, tivra and tilwada
+ 3 common sidhi layakari viz., dugun, tigun and chaugun and a combination of the 3
+ 5 different tehri layakari with non integer rhythm ratios viz., 5/4, 3/2, 7/4, 5/2 and 7/2
+ Optional Metronome with Ghunghru or Clap for the beats
+ Optional mode with teka on barabar and metronome in selected laya (Useful for kathak/dance practice)
+ Select number of avartan to play the teka in barabar and selected laya (Useful for kathak/dance practice)
+ Notation for the teka in different layakari
+ Display of vibhag along with the teka
+ bols in either english, transliteration or devanagiri script
+ Choose base tempo from 30bpm to 120bpm
+ Visual karaoke like scrolling of the bols
+ Indication of the matra and avartan while playing the layakari pattern
+ Visual indication of the hand clap or wave
The app is for devices with Android version 2.1 or higher.
LayaTarang is a creation of SiddhiSadhana, the developers of LehraBox (a lehra machine in your andriod device) and ShruthiLaya (a carnatic music aide).
All future updates will be free. We look forward for your suggestions and feedback for easier usability as well as for increasing the usefulness of the app. Please contact us if you would like to see any feature in future updates.