PedAMINES™ is the first scientifically validated drug dose calculator which can be used for either continuous intravenous infusions or bolus drugs preparation(1). This app is designed to support nurses and physicians step-by-step from prescription to delivery for a limitless range of drugs, in real time. It was developed by medical computer scientists and pediatric emergency physicians.
PedAMINES™ is suitable for use in emergency medicine, critical care, anesthesia, onco-hematology, veterinary medicine, and many other medical fields, in university hospitals, rural hospitals, clinics, and humanitarian organizations in remote areas.
PedAMINES features :
- Automatic age or weight-based drug dose calculation.
- Calculation of infusion rates in mL/h based on various rate units (mcg/kg/min, mcg/kg/h, UI/kg/h, mg/kg/h).
- Calculation of bolus doses in absolute dose (mg) or volume (mL) based on weight-based dosages (mg/kg).
- Fully customizable drugs database.
- In-app drug editor enables the user to create, expand and customize your drug list according to your own needs and local drug habits.
- Keep full control over the app by determining drug concentration, starting dose, dosage -
increments, infusion ranges, type of diluent, initial infusion rate, and maximal dose.
- Interact with the app in real-time.
- The drug preparation sequence is detailed step-by-step.
- Multiple drugs can be prepared and run in parallel.
- Reduces stress and cognitive workload.
- Use an intuitive and ergonomic-based interface with reactivity and autonomy.
- Keep historic files of all actions performed.
- Print a complete and detailed report of all performed actions.
- No internet connection required.
Language Support :
- English, french.
(1)PedAMINES was shown to reduce time to drug preparation by 58%, time to drug delivery by 45%, and reduce medication errors from 70% to 0% when compared with conventional methods (ref : J Med Internet Res 2017;19(2):e31. PMID: 28148473).