Feel free to contact me with comments, questions, and feature requests. In-app purchase is to remove ads.
I am not affiliated with ToneItUp, I simply created this for personal tracking of miles.
How do I start playing Freerice?
In the center of the Freerice Home page you will see something like:
To play the game, tap on one of the four definitions ("little", "old", "big" or "yellow") that you think is the correct answer. If you guess correctly, Freerice donates 10 grains of rice to help end hunger. In the example above, you would want to click on "little", which means "small". When you select the correct answer, you earn 10 grains of rice - your donation is automatically counted without any further action required on your part. You'll then get a chance to play another question in the same way. You can play as long as you like and donate as much rice as you like.
Who pays for the donated rice?
The rice is paid for by the sponsors whose names you see on the bottom of your screen when you enter a correct answer. These sponsors support both learning (free education for everyone) and reducing hunger (free rice for the hungry). We thank these sponsors for their generous participation at Freerice. For information about how you or your company can sponsor Freerice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Freerice is owned by and supports the United Nations World Food Programme.
Freerice has two goals:
1) Provide education to everybody for free.
2) Help end world hunger by donating free rice to hungry people.
Whether you are CEO of a large company or a street child in a poor country, improving your education can improve your life. It's a great investment in yourself. Perhaps even greater is the investment your donated rice makes in hungry human beings, enabling them to function and be more productive. Somewhere in the world, someone is eating rice that you helped provide.
- Tweet or post all information automatically either by distance or time.
- Include a link in to your fundraising donation page.
- Include your fundraising donation text number.
- Include your own or your charities 'HashTag'
- Include a link to your location, pace, distance, time.
- Updates to Twitter and Facebook.
- People see your efforts live and encourages donations.
- Bridges the gap between charities and their fundraisers
- Charities can support you by tracking your 'Hashtag'
- Supporters at the event can track your progress.
- Supporters on social networks can track & cheer you on.
- No monthly subscriptions.
- No requirement for supporters to register.
- Runs alongside your other training apps.
- Not specific to any event and can be used day to day.
- Link to your location opens in Google maps.
MyWhereAbouts is very easy to set up and will send updates at a frequency of your choice of either time or distance.
Promoting your donation page doesn’t stop when the race starts......
We are working hard on including more functionality which will be available very soon.
Find us and we'll shout about your event or even join in on #ReTweetHour every Thursday at 8pm where you can get lots of support and raise awareness of your fundraising and Charity!