AutoLocation is a Tasker plugin that lets you know when you're walking, in a vehicle, cycling, standing still or tilting the device, or when you're in a certain geographical area or spot and react to that information any way you like!
Geofencing is a new powerful location algorithm provided by Google that lets you track your location with higher accuracy and lower power consumption than ever before.
The new Android Fuse Location Provider uses all your device's location sensors to give you the best location updates possible. No longer rely on just "Net" or "GPS" like in Tasker. You can even not use any battery at all and only get location updates when other apps request them!
(WARNING: YOU MUST HAVE TASKER INSTALLED FOR THIS APP TO BE OF ANY USE: AutoLocation is only usable as a plugin in Tasker. Please don't rate it negatively because of this.)
To use AutoLocation you must unlock the app. You have 2 options:
- Try app for free for 7 days, available in-app
- Buy AutoLocation unlock key: http://goo.gl/ENxuc
If you don't unlock the app in either of these ways, the AutoLocation Tasker conditions will never be matched.
Please contact me by email if anything is wrong and I'll respond to you promptly and try to fix it as soon as I can. Thank you.
- Change your settings or do any Tasker action based on your current activity
- Activities include walking, in a vehicle, cycling, standing still or tilting the device
- Advanced matching options like level of confidence of an activity and ignoring certain activities while doing others (like ignoring phone tilting while walking)
- You have access to these Tasker variables in the Entry Task (and only in the Entry Task) of an "AutoLocation Activities" condition:
- %alactivity (IN_VEHICLE = 0; ON_BICYCLE = 1;ON_FOOT = 2; STILL = 3; UNKNOWN = 4; TILTING = 5;)
- %alactivitydesc (description for the above code)
- %alactivityconf (confidence level that the detected activity is correct; from 0 to 100)
- You can activate or deactivate the Activity Monitor at any time with a Tasker plugin action
- Change your settings in Tasker based on your physical location
- Please leave Wifi on when using Geofences. Users have reported that these don't work well when Wifi is off.
- Geofencing is a new powerful algorithm provided by Google that is more battery efficient and more accurate than Tasker's built in location condition. Take a look at this video presentaion to see how it compares to the regular tracking methods Tasker uses: http://goo.gl/Pf1bj
- Add as many as 100 Geofences to always keep track of your whereabouts
- If you find you are being reported to enter and exit a Geofence several times in a row try making the Geofence circle a bit bigger
- Long-touch the map while adding a Geofence to switch between views (normal, sattelite or hybrid)
Fuse Location Monitor:
- Get your location using high-accuracy, better battery life or using no battery at all!
- Variables available on the Location condition's entry task:
IMPORTANT: You can enable/disable/toggle these monitors from inside Tasker itself with the "AutoLocation Activities" and "AutoLocation Geofences" plugin actions
- If you like to jog on saturdays, start music player when the walking activity is detected on a saturday morning
- Start navigation app if the "in vehicle" activity is detected right after you left the "Home" geofence
- Make phone silent if you're in the "Work" geofence and are in the "Still" activity
- Send an AutoRemote Notification to your wife when you enter the "Market" geofence, asking her if she needs anything
- And many many more!Your limit is your imagination!
More from developer
fingertips. Great for offices with people always on the go. Our easy
to use interface lets you quickly set your status and get back to work. And now, we
have made checking in even easier. We've added GeoFences! Now you can
set it and forget it. Set your custom message for your specific office,
and the app will set your status each time you arrive or leave that
location. What could be easier?
Our app is also connected directly to our website, so if you don't
have your device on hand, you can still check on other people or set
your own status.
We built our app with the user in mind. From the quick pick list on
the update screen to the easy to see status board, we know this will
quickly become an office favorite.
We here at Simply Made Apps love making great, easy to use apps. We
have gotten a ton of feedback from our very first version. A lot of
the feedback we recieved went into version 2.0. We hope you enjoy
using it as much as we did making it. As always, we want to hear
from you. So keep the feedback coming. We want to keep making
Simple In/Out great. We can't do it without you.
Don't forget, you can always check your status online at
Keep tabs on the developers of Simple In/Out at:
What's New in this Version We are very excited to release our version 2.0 to the world. We have been working very hard on a lot of changes and we can't wait for you to get your hands on them. Our biggest new feature is something no one else in our market is doing. Geofences!
Now you can set it and forget it. With our new geofence feature, you can create a region around your office and when you come and go from the region, the app will automatically check you in or out with your own custom message. What could be easier? The app was simple enough, just one click updates. Now, we've removed the click!
We have been very hard at work on this version and we hope you like it as much as we do. As always, we appreciate any and all feedback. We have heard from a lot of you and we will be taking it to heart for our next revision. Thanks for helping us make Simple In/Out great!!