*****************STAY SAFE FOR JUST A BUCK!*****************
**Throw us a facebook like
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Pro Weather Alert has all of the features of Simple Weather Alert, and more!
+ No ads.
+ Monitor multiple locations, each with an intuitive name you set.
+ See the details and instructions of all alerts for all areas.
+ See where around you the alerts are using the Alert Map. No more wondering if you're driving into or out of bad weather.
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate), and decide which alerts will override your phone silence settings.
+ Sort and Filter the alerts in the list, by severity or location.
+ Two alert levels (“emergency” and “urgent”) are customizable, in case you want lights, bell, and vibrate for extreme alerts, and just lights for severe alerts. All other weather alerts will give a simple notice on the action bar.
+ Individually select which NWS alerts you want to be considered "Emergency" or "Urgent"
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Find your alert location by GPS or network location, and have alerts follow your phone as you move.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction. You can also toggle the location following feature to save battery when not driving.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (**requires Contacts List permission**), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post your alert to our Facebook wall or Twitter feed! This is especially useful for non-weather alerts, such as Child Abduction Emergencies.
+ Change your alert polling times to maximize battery life.
+ Constant alerting annoying? You can now mute repeated alerts so those busy storm nights don't un-necessarily alert you.
NOTE: Do *NOT* use RAM or memory clearing apps. It will disable this app and you will not receive alerts.
You can view the app manual here or in the app:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.
- Material Design
- Hyper accurate Forecast.io powered weather data (down to the minute weather!)
- Weather Alert notifications
- Persistent notification (optional)
- Card UI style
- Minutely, hourly, daily weather data
- Hour by hour weather information for the next week (compared to 48 hours in other apps) available by swiping to the side!
- Highly detailed and customized "daily" information
- Highly configurable cards:
- Tropics conditions (tropical storms, hurricanes, etc)
- Current moon phase
- Sunrise and sunset
- UV index
- Netatmo station (requires login)
- Ski and marine conditions
- Device sensors (humidity, temp, etc)
- Latest earthquake
- Your exact location
- Air quality
- Wind conditions
- GOES-15 (space weather)
- And many more!
- Ability to save and view custom locations
- Beautiful animations
- Light, Dark, and Automatic Themes!
- Fused location provider for hyper accurate location based weather data!
- Multiple maps for radar, wind, temp, etc!
- Muzei integration
- DashClock integration
- 6 widgets (with many more coming!)
- NWS / NOAA Audio Streams (still in BETA)
- Day Dream
- Pull to refresh
- Settings (who doesn't love those?)
- Charts for minute by minute and hour by hour precipitation (charts never lie)
- All the contact information you could ever ask for in the "About" section
atmosHere Weather is making weather on Android smarter! By dynamically prioritizing data, and changing the app look or feel based on current conditions. You get down to the minute weather (Example, "Rain starting in 15 minutes, ending in 12"), which means you can plan what you do next. If there's rain in the forecast, you'll also get traffic information, making it easier to know what's going on around you! The app is designed to focus around what's going on at your EXACT location at this EXACT moment. atmosHere Weather is leading the way in contextual weather, and creating a seamless experience.
"The app costs $3.99, but if you really want to have the most detailed weather info, this looks like a good option." - BGR
"Why would I spend $3.99 on a weather app you might currently be asking yourselves? That's simple. It's a truly amazing app." - io9
Your typical Android widget, day dream, and optional persistent notification (with adjustable update frequency) are also included!
Join the G+ Community to keep up with development, report bugs, request features, and soon alpha/beta builds! https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114883630278393858359
Feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated! Check the about section for more contact information!
*Ratings and feedback via any form of contact are greatly appreciated. Please leave an actual comment with your rating, regardless of the star rating. If you rate it 1 star and do not tell me why, I cannot fix or improve the app!*
Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
With an AllisonHouse subscription, you get an alternate source of radar data, along with new products including lightning, watches, local storm reports, and SPC Day 1 convective outlook
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
ThundAlert perfectly complements your allround weather apps!
How does it work?
ThundAlert always knows exactly where thunderstorms are and in which direction they will be moving within the next hour. But ThundAlert does not provide a weather forecast like other weather apps. This is because the company nowcast professionally measures the actual strokes of lightning in real time and has developed the unique "Nowcasting" algorithm, which is able to calculate the direction of movement of a storm cell by up to an hour in advance. In this manner, ThundAlert can depict the storm cells and inform you as to whether and, in particular, when you may be threatened by a storm. The degree of precision offered by this function is unparalleled!
ThundAlert helps people outdoors in detecting dangerous storms in good time, thus enabling them to get to safety.
3 danger levels
• Green danger level: No danger – there is no thunderstorm close to you; existing thunderstorm reports do not overlap with your location.
• Amber danger level: Caution – a storm cell is moving towards the user and will reach your position in less than 60 minutes. Or: Although a passing thunderstorm is currently not moving in your direction, it is nearby (about 25 km away).
• Red danger level: Life-threatening situation – at least one storm cell is closer than 10 km or already above you.
ThundAlert promptly sends you a push notification for every danger level in order to warn you. In addition, a map of Europe provides you with a view of the thunderstorm situation throughout the country at any time. Including the one-hour forecast!
Who is the app for?
For outdoor enthusiasts such as anglers, mountain-climbers, cyclists, golfers, festival organizers and visitors, motorcyclists, sailing buffs, surfers, paragliders, horse-riders, hikers, water-sports enthusiasts, campers and everyone whose job involves spending time outdoors frequently or to a large extent.
Overview of functions
push notification as soon as the risk of a storm threatens the location in question
map of Europe for an overview of the current storm situation over Europe
area map for an overview of the storm situation at the user's own location
This app currently supports the following regions: Germany, Austria, Switzerland
It costs €2.69 and dispenses with a commitment to a subscription! Updates take place automatically and at no extra charge.
In order to ensure proper functioning of this app, an active cell phone connection is necessary
This app can provide you with useful warnings only if you (a) disclose your location and (b) allow for push notifications.
Please check read our FAQ’s for more detailed info
ThundAlert is licensed for private use only. For professional use please get in touch with nowcast GmbH.
nowcast GmbH assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims against nowcast GmbH in relation to damage of a material or non-material nature – in particular injury to persons or damage to property due to lightning – which is incurred through the use or non-use of the information provided, or through the use of erroneous and incomplete information shall, as a principle, be excluded, to the extent that nowcast GmbH cannot be demonstrably held responsible therefor, whether with intent or in gross negligence.
Weather Alerts uses the National Weather Service API to provide you with severe weather, right on your lockscreen or home screen.
This application requires Android 4.2 or higher, and the DashClock app to function: http://goo.gl/m5aUO
This application uses your last known location, rather than polling for your current location, to help conserve battery. This means that your location may not be up to date.
Weather Alerts is meant to provide additional weather information for the DashClock widget. It is NOT a replacement for a real time weather alert system, like NOAA weather radio. Please watch or listen to your local weather brodcasts for information on severe weather near you.
Weather Alerts for DashClock uses the United States National Weather Service API to provide watch and warning alerts. For this reason it is not currently available outside the US.
The ALERT FM App integrates the critically acclaimed iMap Weather Radio with the reliability of ALERT FM’s state and local citizen notification. Before, during, and after a critical event receive timely localized emergency information- everything from weather alerts to available shelter locations- delivered right to your mobile device.
ALERT FM is used by a rapidly growing number of state and local officials to notify their citizens about emergency situations. The ALERT FM App provides users with weather forecasts, current conditions, radar updated every 5 minutes, and advisories/ watches/ warnings for both your preset and current locations across the United States. Additionally, you can receive information from federal, state and local emergency officials such as storm precautions and evacuations, hazardous chemical spills, major accidents, Amber Alerts, and more.
The ALERT FM App is free to download. The emergency alerting and basic weather functionality is available for free and there is an In-App Purchase option for upgraded weather functionality.
What you get for Free?
*Emergency information sent from federal and state sources for the jurisdiction that you registered for when you downloaded the app- are received on your phone through push notifications (alerts sent to your phone even when the app is closed) and appear under “Text Alerts” in the app.
*Over 100 types of weather advisories, watches, and warnings plus forecasts and radar updated every 5 minutes are available for up to 5 saved locations and your current location using your phone’s GPS.
*Weather advisories, watches, and warnings are available by opening the app and clicking on the badge next to the selected location (push notifications for weather are available for $9.99 - see below).
*A badge indicates you have an active alert. The number next to the badge indicates how many alerts are in effect.
NOTE: Custom Alerts, found under SETTINGS, can only be selected for Push Notifications. This setting allows you to select what advisories, watches, or warnings that you want pushed to your phone. Although the alerts read "disabled" with the free features, you will receive all advisories, watches, and warnings for your saved and current locations as stated above.
Upgrade to a Weather Radio for $9.99 and receive….
*Push Notifications (alerts sent to your phone even when the app is closed) for weather advisories, watches, and warnings.
*Voice Audio- spoken weather forecasts, watches and warnings.
*Map Overlay- additional display layers on the radar map, including warnings/watches, hurricane tracks, and more.
* The $9.99 is a one time purchase
*National Weather Service data and alerting available for the United States only
*Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
The weather RADAR and weather alerts are US-based. ALERT FM does not yet include Canadian RADAR or Canadian- issued weather alerts.
Our main algorithm is based on real-time calculations of radar images of selected country and runs on our servers.
That give us ability to predict direction and speed of surrounding precipitation for a proximately 2 hours ahead.
This application is especially suitable when you are having outdoor activities like hiking, skiing, motorcycling, biking, ... or it can remind you, that you have to move your car in a safe place when a hail is coming towards you.
Currently available for:
More countries coming soon!
The main advantage of this application is in REAL-TIME
- reading direction,
- strength and
of an incoming precipitation.
That means, that it does not warn you in situations when precipitation cell is near you, but it is not coming towards you. It can also show you estimated time of precipitation cell arrival.
Application runs in a background and when it detects possibility of precipitation, it displays an icon in a top left corner of your mobile device. The icon represents the strength of an incoming precipitation.
The majority of calculations is done on our servers. That is why Weather Alarm is a battery friendly application.
Currently available for following countries:
Slovenia, Croatia, parts of Italy, parts of Austria, USA, S parts of Canada
Information that are shown to the user:
- is there a danger of an incoming precipitation
- number of precipitation cells
- Strength of the closest cells
- distance of the closest cell
- Estimated time of arrival of the closest cell
For detailed view of situation above you, you can check graphics presentation of your location and precipitation cells around you.
Settings in Weather Alarm application:
- Enable silent alarm - this function disables sound
- Enable vibration
- Chose sound - you can chose custom alarm type
- Chose your closest radar image - you can chose preferred rainfall radar image
snow, rain, hail, storm, rainfall, motorcycle, travel, water, weather, forecast, usa, slovenija, toča, nevihta, vreme, sneg, sprehodi, kolo, motor, narava, nature, Hrvatska, vrijeme, tornado, hurricane, precipitation, Austria, cloud, , wind, drop
• Maps showing real-time watches and warnings, Doppler, radar, satellite, rainfall
• Tornado alerts by county
• Live updates from Live Wire, Facebook, and Twitter
• Tornado Videos and coverage from KOCO
• Checklists, Info, and Videos to help you be prepared and stay safe
• Slideshows of compelling images and tips
• Share your storm photos, videos with u local - they may be shown on TV
Also behind the best selling WeatherPro and MeteoEarth apps, MeteoGroup is one of the few private weather companies to operate its own Severe Weather Centres – including the very popular www.severe-weather-centre.co.uk. AlertsPro now brings this online warning service direct to your portable device with coverage of most of Europe and the USA (National Weather Service). The warnings are currently available for Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, the United Kingdom and the USA.
A very clear, colour system lets you know up to 48 hours in advance of any impending, severe weather conditions for a country, town, postcode or even a Point of Interest! GREEN indicates there are no warnings, YELLOW signifies a probable event, ORANGE, RED and PURPLE mean there is definitely severe weather on the way and denote the level of intensity.
• NEW: Get push notifications for free whenever there are alerts
• Accurate, dependable warnings
• Warnings clearly displayed on a map
• Widget which displays the latest warnings for the chosen favourite (if there are no current alerts the general weather conditions will be displayed)
• Unlimited favourite locations and ‘Locate me’ function
• Social media share feature
• Current weather maps with radar and satellite layers
When you need more general weather forecast information, AlertsPro provides a direct link to WeatherPro (assuming it is installed).
The Premium option allows you to choose which alert level you would like to be notified of, for each severe weather condition. You can activate the lightning layer, and animate the radar and satellite maps. When you long press on any coloured area on the warning map, further details of the severe weather for that location will be displayed. The premium version also gives users a better viewing experience by removing all ads! One subscription covers Premium services on AlertsPro, MeteoEarth and WeatherPro.
For further details, please visit: www.alertspro.com.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
You can choose a county or state within the US (or the entire US) and it will display a list of all of the current weather alerts.
This application is not officially authorized by the National Weather Service, it merely makes use of the information they provide via their public data APIs.
You can choose a county or state within the US (or the entire US) and it will display a list of all of the current weather alerts for that area on the widget. If there's more than fits, the list scrolls, and you can tap on an alert to open the full text of the alert. There is an accompanying app which can be used to configure what area you want and shows the raw feed data if you're really curious (though that part was mostly there for debugging, and might go away one of these days now that it all works). It does not currently do audible alerts (or any alerts), but that's probably coming soon.
I created this because I wanted a tablet on the wall in my kitchen to display weather alerts on the screen, and for all the plethora of weather apps out there, I couldn't find one that showed anything more than a (!) icon on their widgets for alerts, and you had to click through to find out what they were. Some of them would put the alerts into the notification bar, but that wasn't much better. So this one displays a list of the current alerts right on the widget, and that is the only purpose of the widget.
This application is open source. To report bugs, request new features, or If you'd like to help make it better, please visit the project page on GitHub at http://justdave.github.io/nwsweatheralertswidget/
This application is not officially authorized by the National Weather Service, it merely makes use of the information they provide via their public data APIs.
The full changelog can be found at https://github.com/justdave/nwsweatheralertswidget/releases
Canadian Weather from Abbotsford to Yorkton. Uses the most accurate Environment Canada data feed. Shows current conditions, 7 day forecast, and detailed forecast in one simple screen. Supports up to10 favorite locations. Displays satellite weather maps for North America and Canada. Displays radar information for Canada.
* Lightweight and fast no-nonsense app
* Displays current conditions in the home screen widget
* Easily switch between up to 10 favorite locations (new!)
* Satellite weather maps for North America and Canada
* Radar data for Canada (new!)
* Sunrise, sunset times (new!)
* Audible alerts (sound/buzz) on weather warnings
* Weather warning is indicated in the widget
* Select from over 800 cities and towns
* Unit conversion between Metric/Imperial
* Selectable update interval
* Current conditions include temperature (with "feels like" factor), wind speed, gust speed and direction, humidity
* 7 day graphical forecast
* Detailed text forecast
* Weather warnings with links to Environment Canada statements
* Automatic update of current weather conditions and forecasts