Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Pro Weather Alert has all of the features of Simple Weather Alert, and more!
+ No ads.
+ Monitor unlimited locations, each with an intuitive name you set.
+ See the details and instructions of all alerts for all areas.
+ See where around you the alerts are using the Alert Map. No more wondering if you're driving into or out of bad weather.
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate), and decide which alerts will override your phone silence settings.
+ Sort and Filter the alerts in the list, by severity or location.
+ Two alert levels (“emergency” and “urgent”) are customizable, in case you want lights, bell, and vibrate for extreme alerts, and just lights for severe alerts. All other weather alerts will give a simple notice on the action bar.
+ Individually select which NWS alerts you want to be considered "Emergency" or "Urgent"
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Find your alert location by GPS or network location, and have alerts follow your phone as you move.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction. You can also toggle the location following feature to save battery when not driving.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (**requires Contacts List permission**), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post your alert to our Facebook wall or Twitter feed! This is especially useful for non-weather alerts, such as Child Abduction Emergencies.
+ Change your alert polling times to maximize battery life.
+ Constant alerting annoying? You can now mute repeated alerts so those busy storm nights don't un-necessarily alert you.
NOTE: Do *NOT* use RAM or memory clearing apps. It will disable this app and you will not receive alerts.
You can view the app manual here or in the app:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.
New features: Track Tornado and Severe Storms, as well as Wild Fire warnings and news.
Also features the latest reports on earthquakes and seismic activity from around the world.
Monitor a detailed 7-day forecast, current conditions & hazardous weather, tropical weather, marine/tide forecasts, satellite IR images, surface observations, watches, warnings, advisories, tornados, hurricanes, weather watch.
Weather and Radar provided for United States and surrounding regions:
District of Columbia
Alaska Marine Zones
Atlantic Marine Zones
Great Lakes Marine Zones
Gulf of Mexico Marine Zones
Pacific Marine Zones
Pacific Islands Marine Zones
Marine Zones (all)
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, weather alerts, latest earthquakes, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Ten day forecast,
• Sea surface temperature,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) ,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 20 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
*****************STAY SAFE FOR JUST A BUCK!*****************
**Throw us a facebook like
You will have access to Hurricane Warnings, Hurricane Watches, Tornado Warnings, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, and Severe Thunderstorm Watches as soon as they become available.
This application Uploads your position to our server which then searches the National Weather Service instantly for Warnings / Watches / Alerts in your area. If you are in a Warning or Watch your phone will be alerted and you can take the necessary actions to protect life and property.
Weather HD Reminder is a simple weather app that provides updated weather information that includes current temperature, same day highest temperature, same day lowest temperature, current wind speed, current air pressure etc.
Setup a weather alert on a specific date to get weather information so that you won't miss your umbrella on a rainy day or winter cloths on a snowy day
Get the updated latest weather information in a clean HD interface,
7 DAYS FORECAST
Get 7-days weather forecast to prepare for your traveling, parties etc
Alerts from news sources can take several minutes to appear, and if you lose power you may not have access to the news.
With Tornado Alert, any user who sees a tornado can send an alert to all other users of the app within 20 miles that there is a tornado near by.
Alerts are normally delivered to all users in less than 5 seconds.
In addition to this, users are notified whenever they are in a "Tornado Warning" or "Tornado Watch" area, within 1 minute of the alert being declared.
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/TornadoAlertApp
If you have any questions or feedback, our twitter feed is manned throughout the day.
You can read more about the app at http://silverwraith.com/blog/2012/03/tornado-alert-app/
Download Tornado Alert today, report tornados, and help save a life!
While we do our best to filter out false reports of tornados, we depend on the community to help everyone get through the tornado season.
We cannot guarantee that every tornado will get an alert - as more users join and alert others on tornados, we hope to develop Tornado Alert into the fastest early warning system for tornados in the country.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
Weather Alerts uses the National Weather Service API to provide you with severe weather, right on your lockscreen or home screen.
This application requires Android 4.2 or higher, and the DashClock app to function: http://goo.gl/m5aUO
This application uses your last known location, rather than polling for your current location, to help conserve battery. This means that your location may not be up to date.
Weather Alerts is meant to provide additional weather information for the DashClock widget. It is NOT a replacement for a real time weather alert system, like NOAA weather radio. Please watch or listen to your local weather brodcasts for information on severe weather near you.
A free download of this application will be available at http://katzmatt.com/android/weatheralerts
Weather Alerts for DashClock uses the United States National Weather Service API to provide watch and warning alerts. For this reason it is not currently available outside the US.
This application provides an interface where the user can log in using the username and password provided on the Emergency Alerts website. After successful login, the user's location will be tracked and updated in the database every 30 minutes and the user will be informed via SMS if there is a weather emergency in his/her area.
Note: This application is part of a capstone project at Rochester Institute of Technology and hence the app is very basic.
Note: At this moment the system works for US locations only!
All passwords are encrypted and stored.
Location is encrypted and then stored in the database overwriting the previous stored location.
Please send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
An active data connection is required to receive push notifications. All warnings and app interface are in Romanian.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
NOAA Weather uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, NOAA Weather uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. The app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems.
This is the premium version and is 100% Ad free, and has no limitations.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
This application is an ALERT Notification system for individuals to send to their family, friends and emergency professionals to be able to locate you FOLLOWING an incident.
Following the Moore Oklahoma tornadoes, it was reported by the American Red Cross that many individuals said they did not take shelter because they were afraid that nobody would find them. Also people didn’t know exactly where their children at school or other family members actually went to take cover.
The FIND ME – Tornado Safety App , once activated by the individual, will alert (via text, email and phone message) a pre-determined list of contacts that shelter has been taken. The application will in a future update also be synced to Facebook and Twitter to make posts to general audiences.
With the push of one icon on the mobile device, FIND ME will register the last known GPS Location of the individual, as well as a custom input of a specific location within the structure where shelter has been taken.
While this Application is primarily a notification tool for the Individual and family and friends during a tornado, there is a larger scale function of this application if overlaid with a product such as ESRI’s Community Software. If community first responders, State Emergency Management or FEMA utilizes the ESRI Community software during an active tornado, the FIND ME –Tornado Safety App is overlaid on this software , officials could see immediately where people have taken shelter and could be trapped and need rescuing.
No subscription charges! Only one one-time cost of $2.99 for peace of mind.
More from developer
Canadian Weather from Abbotsford to Yorkton. Uses the most accurate Environment Canada data feed. Shows current conditions, 7 day forecast, and detailed forecast in one simple screen. Supports up to10 favorite locations. Displays satellite weather maps for North America and Canada. Displays radar information for Canada.
* Lightweight and fast no-nonsense app
* Displays current conditions in the home screen widget
* Easily switch between up to 10 favorite locations (new!)
* Satellite weather maps for North America and Canada
* Radar data for Canada (new!)
* Sunrise, sunset times (new!)
* Audible alerts (sound/buzz) on weather warnings
* Weather warning is indicated in the widget
* Select from over 800 cities and towns
* Unit conversion between Metric/Imperial
* Selectable update interval
* Current conditions include temperature (with "feels like" factor), wind speed, gust speed and direction, humidity
* 7 day graphical forecast
* Detailed text forecast
* Weather warnings with links to Environment Canada statements
* Automatic update of current weather conditions and forecasts