iHerd has a server backend which enables advanced management and reporting as well as allowing multiple devices synchronize your data. Thanks to industry support, this web service is FREE and allows registration, customization and entry of user details.
Rivalling the most advanced cattle management software, the app regularly synchronizes all of your property and paddock data between managers. This gives you the ability to keep track of all your head, paddock details and property ID numbers whilst on the job.
Other features include a treatment cabinet that keeps inventory of your on-site chemicals, including treatments your animals are receiving and many more.
Synchronization between devices and the server means that all of your data is automatically updated from an iPhone or an iPad into an existing database, saving you time and boosting your stations overall productivity. Multiple users can manage the same property, treatment cabinet, herd changes and movements if they have been invited to the primary user’s account.
The App is designed by a serious property owner / livestock manager with a three generation connection to a large Australian property station group they operate with the help of managers. iHerd is the ultimate in Herd and livestock Management.
Produced by iApps Pty Ltd in conjunction with some of the largest cattle organisations in Australia.
Key features include:
• Property Management - enter details about your properties, yards and paddocks. Information is generated to help you assess the total number of cattle, the stocking rate, and the total size.
• Herds can be categorized by group, subgroup and breed.
• Herd Management - by property or paddock or yard movement / treatment record.
• Herd numbers by type (group, breed) and location (property, paddock, yard).
• Invite other users to help manage your account, with intuitive and fine-grained access controls that allow you to give them access to just a single property, your entire account, or everything in between. Invitations allow level of access from No Access (then override for a certain paddock) read only, read write, and admin.
• Manage movements between properties you manage, purchases, births, deaths, treatments, sales, lost and found, including a comprehensive history of each.
• Server will hold records which can in future be accessed via an iHerd account.
• Server records movement history / lost and found herds, allows property to property transfers on your account
• Tally counting.
• Transfers of cattle between paddocks, yards, and properties (server required), with automatic accounting and auditing.
• Treatment cabinet enables you to manage batches of specific chemical containers, recording of quantities and dosing size and purchase date / expiry date of pesticides and medicines held and used by each property.
● Electronic map fields: measuring the area and perimeter fields. With the help of GPS or using map editor fields.
● Maintenance history crop on each field. The history of crop rotation.
● Keeping are field tasks(fertilizing, planting, harvesting).
● Points of interest: the establishment of a framework arrangement of objects in your household (warehouses, gas stations ...).
● Note anywhere in your field. (Soil sampling for agrochemical laboratory)
● Storing data in the cloud. Reliable storage of your data. Transferring data to a new device.
● Web acces to your data
Basic package can help manage farm for small farmer, which own scheduling grow crop and work on vehicles on the field. Also Basic package can use as mobile assistant for agronomist.
● GPS track record in field tasks
● Inventory (Material-off in field tasks)
● Photo in field tasks
● Export fields in format SHP, KML. Sending data via email
● Export POI to KML
● For agronomist .Planning the maintenance of cultivation and operational activity in the fields via a remote mobile device
● For director/owner farm manager. Maintenance of direct cost strategic planning and compiling of analyticalactivity reports at any time
● For engineer. Tracking the work of transportation in real time analysis of
reports concerning the amount of completed work vehicle
mileage & fuel consumption
● For accountant. Analysis of reporting summaries of working hours, quantity
of work, and gross payroll numbers
More from developer
Record animal RFID/EID ear tags, visual tag numbers and weights on the fly. Record transaction date, stock types, TB status and other information against each transaction.
IFarmer is compatible with, and integrates with, existing Bluetooth capable RFID scanners (including models from AllFlex and Gallagher) and Bluetooth capable weigh scales (including models from TruTest).
Record purchases, sales, births, deaths and other animal transfers. Information is sent to NAIT at the push of a button, or by email for your, or your farm manager's, records.
No more fiddling around plugging RFID scanners in to the computer, manually downloading tags, tripping over cords - IFarmer communicates wirelessly over Bluetooth* directly from the RFID wand and weigh scale to your pocket, and from there to your email inbox and to NAIT.
Important note: Some external features require a subscription which is paid separately. See the support website for more details. These are:
• Restoring data to your phone (backups are free)
• Exporting data to NAIT for processing