- A "must have" orthopedic app pick by Orthopedics Today, December 2012
- Rated a "Top App" by TopOrthoApps.com
- An MDLinx Editor's Pick
Ortho Traumapedia is designed to provide quick access to information important to the treatment of adult skeletal trauma. Based on extensive literature review, Ortho Traumapedia compiles the current standard of care in a high-yield, easy to use format including dozens of original images to help visualize fracture patterns and radiologic findings.
Originally developed by orthopedic surgeons for orthopedic surgeons, practitioners of all levels and specialties who encounter adult skeletal trauma will find Ortho Traumapedia useful as a condensed reference and educational tool. Whether you’re a primary care or emergency physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, resident or medical student, Ortho Traumapedia provides highly pertinent information regarding skeletal trauma right at your fingertips.
Ortho Traumapedia is organized into chapters by bone (for fractures) and joint (for dislocations). Each chapter is divided into four sections: Facts, Imaging, Classification and Treatment:
Facts begins with epidemiology and common injury mechanisms. This is followed by an outline of pertinent anatomy, eponyms and variants. Finally, patient presentation, examination and management tips are presented.
Imaging begins with the standard radiographic examinations for each anatomic region. This is followed by injury-specific views, relevant metrics and findings as well as supplemental modalities.
Classification outlines the most common classification systems used to describe the selected injury.
Treatment begins with general treatment principles and reviews treatment in the acute setting. This is followed by standard of care options grouped by injury pattern. Common complications associated with the injury are included at the end of this section.
Simply select the bone or joint you’re interested in from the main menu and navigate between the four sections with the buttons on the bottom of the screen. Return to the main menu by pressing the left arrow in the title bar. There's never been a simpler, more mobile skeletal trauma reference!
“CORE has set the standard for a clinical exam app. The most striking feature of this app, in addition to the vast collection of tests and videos, is actually the “properties” tab. For every test, data is presented regarding the sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratio, accuracy and other relevant statistical tests based on primary literature references. These lists are incredibly complete. This is a feature that I have not seen replicated by any other orthopaedic reference."
- TopOrthoApps.com (Mobile App Reviews for Orthopaedic Surgeons - Featured by AAOS)
“CORE app is a wonderful reference for many clinicians, including, but not limited to, physical therapists, athletic trainers, orthopaedic surgeons, nurses, primary care physicians, and emergency room physicians. The app is user friendly and easy to navigate. The authors have undoubtedly put many hours of work into this application and it shows. I would recommend this to all clinicians who perform orthopedic examinations."
- Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT), April 2011 (Book Reviews)
“CORE is a great addition to the burgeoning collection of medical applications...If their first application is any indication, it seems we will have more to celebrate in the future. ...excellent application for doing the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam. ....stress how this is a great medical application for primary care physicians. All primary care physicians know how important a strong musculoskeletal physical exam can be, as they are often the first line for presenting symptoms.”
The physical exam is an important part of the overall evaluation, and maneuvers/special tests are often used to evaluate and diagnose the patient.
For almost every musculoskeletal ailment, there is a specific physical maneuver to perform. The results of that test indicate a positive or negative finding, providing a further clue to the diagnosis.
Often, there are several tests for each issue. Some are better for diagnosis than others. That’s where CORE comes to the rescue.
This useful little app contains over 400 medically referenced physical exam maneuvers. All the extremities are covered, as well as the spine. You get step-by-step text and video on how to perform the examination and a quick summary of references for each exam.
CORE is the app you need for making your evidence-based, clinical diagnosis. Check out the CORE features:
* Powerful pocket reference with periodic updates of emerging research
* Over 300 clinical tests to aid in diagnosis for musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders
* Covers tendinous, neuropathic, ligamentous problems for each body part
* Descriptions on how to perform each test
* Video demonstrations (streaming and with audio)
* Diagnostic properties (reliability and validity)
* Links to supporting medical references
* Reference reviews via abstracts in PUBMed
* Free updates when new tests are available in the literature, or new studies with diagnostic properties for old tests are published (No need to “buy a newer edition”)
* Optimized for phone and tablet!
* Please note that STREAMING VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF CLINICAL TESTS AND PUBMED REFERENCE REVIEW REQUIRE AN ACTIVE NETWORK CONNECTION and have NO AUDIO. There is an in-app purchase option that lets you download all the videos WITH AUDIO to store on your device independent of network connection.
Download CORE now, the ultimate pocket reference for musculoskeletal diagnosis.
Fast Answers: Essentials' problem/solution format and concise content deliver the information you need quickly and easily.
- Beautiful UI
- Fast and Fluid Navigation
- Offline* Access
- Up-to-date Content
- Adult & Pediatric Traumatology Sections
- Feedback Form (To report errors and contact the author)
- Monthly Quiz (orthoFAQ.com)
(*Some features require you to be connected to the internet. Data rates may apply.)
Medical Formulas is intuitive, easy to use and thoroughly tested. Oriented utility for physicians, doctors, residents, medical students and other health professionals.
Medical Formulas includes numerous criteria, functions and scores of different specialties: Internal Medicine, Nutrition, Metabolism, Endocrinology, Medication, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Infectology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Therapy, Intensive Care, Emergency, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Hepatology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Surgery, Toxicology, Trauma.
Among the most used functions it highlights:
- Ideal Body Weight
- Body Mass Index BMI
- Body Surface Area
- Winter’s Formula for Metabolic Acidosis Compensation
- LDL Calculator
- Anion GAP
- Maintenance Fluids Calculator
- Parkland Formula for Burns
- Pregnancy Due Dates Calculator
- APGAR Score
- Emergency Heart Failure Mortality Risk Grade
- Corrected QT Interval
- Geneva Score for Pulmonary Embolism
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- Framingham Coronary Heart Disease Risk Score
- Well’s Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism
- PSI Port Score: Pulmonary Severity Index
- Oxygenation Index
- Light’s Criteria for Exudative Effusion
- Creatinine Clearence
- MDRD GFR Equation
- Duke Criteria for Infective Endocarditis
- SIRS Sepsis and Septic Shock Criteria
- CURB 65 Severity Score
- CAGE Questions for Alcohol Use
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH) Score
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- APACHE II
- Shock Index
- Ramson’s Criteria for Pancreatitis Mortality
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Analyzer
- ABC Score for Massive Transfusion
- PERC Rule for Pulmonary Embolism
- King’s College Criteria for Acetaminophen Toxicity
- Child-Pugh Score for Cirrhosis Mortality
- Absolute Reticulocyte Count and Reticulocyte Index
- Glasgow Alcoholic Hepatitis Score
- Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
- Pittsburgh Knee Rules
- Wells’ Criteria for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pediatric Ins and Outs (per kg and per hour)
- Pediatric Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Size
- Injury Severity Score (ISS)
- Alvarado Score for Acute Appendicitis
- Hunt and Hess Classification of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Phenytoin Correction for Albumin Renal Failure
- Serum Osmolality/Osmolarity
- Opioid Risk Tool (ORT) for Narcotic Abuse
- Acetaminophen Overdose and NAC Dosing
- ATRIA Bleeding Risk Score
- TASH Score (Trauma Associated Severe Hemorrhage)
- Revised Trauma Score
- Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC)
- HIV Needle Stick Risk Assessment Stratification Protocol (RASP)
Access the latest issue of Orthopaedics Today Europe ten times per year in an easy to read format. A unique feature of this mobile application is that the content and functionality is designed for the Android™ platform which will give you a more satisfying reading experience. Use your current Healio.com/Orthopaedics login to access the app or register at Healio.com on your mobile device.
Android™ platform is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Created and published by SLACK Incorporated, A Wyanoke Group Company, 6900 Grove Road, Thorofare, NJ 08086 USA. Copyright @2013. All rights reserved.
Articles are intended for informational purposes only and should not be used as the basis of patient treatment. All opinions expressed by the authors and quoted sources are their own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors, publisher or editorial boards of SLACK Incorporated. The acceptance of advertising in no way implies endorsement by the editors, publisher or editorial boards of SLACK Incorporated.
Acta Orthopaedica (http://www.actaorthop.org) is a non-profit, Open Access journal (free of cost also for authors) owned by the Nordic Orthopaedic Federation and the official publication of this federation. All articles, full-text, published since start 1930 are free and can be found on this App (or via PubMed or at Taylor & Francis/Informa Health Care (search for Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica until 2004, thereafter Acta Orthopaedica). All articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License which permits any noncommercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the source is credited.
On this App you find all articles and supplements published since 1930 until now. The App is regularly updated with recently accepted articles. Each article has a link to Google Scholar were you can find how often the (your!) article has been cited.
Gain easy acess to the award-winning AO Surgery Reference. AO Surgery Reference is an online repository for surgical knowledge. It describes the complete surgical management process from diagnosis to aftercare for all fractures of a given anatomical region, and also assembles relevant material that the AO has published before. It gives access to:
* Hundreds of surgical procedures and approaches
* Surgical decision making made easy with literature evaluated and prepared for quick reference
* Hundreds of pages of previously published AO material
The idea behind this service is the realization that reference in daily clinical life is often difficult. Frequently, there is little time during a hospital day to consult books or journals, or even to perform a literature search in order to gather evidence for a decision. The AO Surgery Reference allows surgeons to access much of the body of surgical knowledge for reference purposes during their clinical work.
You might also want to visit the full-featured web-based version of AO Surgery Refence at www.aosurgery.org.
PLEASE NOTE: The FREE version of iOrtho+ gives you access to the ankle tests and knee mobilizations. This includes videos, statistics, and references. This gives you the OPTION to "Try before you Buy." I hope you like what you see and then make the in app purchase of $14.99. This one-time fee gets you complete access to ALL joints as well as ALL future updates.
The Orthopedic Pain Management Injury Institute is a comprehensive medical institution providing medical care to personal injury patients. Care such as orthopedic, pain management, physical therapy and chiropractic are available. We also provide medical information and education for personal injury attorneys.
We have even included a QR Scanner, Notepad and Voice Notes for your everyday use!
• Organize your operative and academic activities.
• Upload operative photos and follow up details.
Operative Log and Bedside Procedures:
• Record the patient’s details, your role and contribution.
• Upload operative photos.
• Be up to date with your academic activities.
• Record the seminars, case and paper presentations; CME’s and conferences you have attended.
• Navigate through your records.
• Use the advanced search option to make your search more specific.
• Edit previous recorded entries; add additional follow up details and histopathology reports.
• Export selected records into excel.
• Use the app as a tool to write papers and case reports.
• Add commonly used terminologies into keywords.
• Added keywords will appear as text prompts, making data entry easier.
Preview, Buy, or Sign In using this app.
FREE PREVIEW – View select topics showcasing Merck Manual’s expert-written entries with detailed diagnosis and management information.
ABOUT THE MERCK MANUAL
The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy is the world’s most widely used medical reference. Now, you can access this resource anytime, anywhere on your smartphone and tablet. The Merck Manual helps students and healthcare professionals diagnose and treat patients with contributions from more than 300 medical experts in all fields of medicine. The clinically-focused entries are arranged by topic, symptom, or section and include quick disease overviews and helpful navigation tools make it easy to find answers at the point of care.
• Detailed entries written by 300+ trusted medical experts
• Hundreds of high resolution images and videos
• Disease topics containing general principles, diagnosis, treatment, and more
• Outlines at the bottom of entries with links to related content
• Useful symptoms index to help find answers fast
• New information for treating geriatric patients
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Editors: Robert S. Porter, MD; Justin L. Kaplan, MD
Publisher: Merck & Co., Inc.
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
Healthcare professionals worldwide use Epocrates routinely to:
-NEW: Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
-Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
-Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
-Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information
-Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
-Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
-Access timely medical news and research information
Disease information, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools and content are available by upgrading to an Epocrates Essentials subscription.
Members with an Epocrates Essentials subscription will have access to premium content across all Epocrates supported platforms.
Medical Terms and Dictionary with common and uncommon words, terms and phrases. Used by physicians, nurses, PAs, NPs, medical students, nursing students and more.
With this simple, powerfull and free app you can reveal meanings of thousands of medical terms in English language.
It contains directory of most common used medical terms, diseases, tests and symptoms extended by external sources with tons of medical terminology.
- a very quick Search for Terms;
- complete offline access, No Internet connection required;
- huge database of Terminologies;
- email any of the terms instantly;
- unlimited Book Marks;
- compatible with all versions of Android Devices;
- very efficient, fast and good performance;
- automatic free updates whenever new terms gets added;
- application is designed to occupy as much as less memory as possible.